Best Buy Video Game Ads 12/26-12/31

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Thanks to Speedy1961 @ DVD Talk. I just cut and paste.

Video Games:

$19.99 EACH:

Midnight Club 3 >>>> PS2 / XBOX
SSX On Tour >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
NBA: 2006 >>>> PS2 / XBOX

$29.99 EACH:

Amerca's Army >>>> XBOX
Far Cry: Instincts >>>> XBOX
Matrix: Path of Neo >>>> PS2 / XBOX
Shrek: Superslam >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
L.A. Rush >>>> PS2 / XBOX
Spartan: Total Warrior >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood >>>> PS2 / XBOX
GUN >>>> PS2
True Crime: NYC >>>> PS2

$34.99 EACH:

Star Wars II: Battlefront >>>> PS2
Need For Speed: Most Wanted >>>> PS2
50 Cent: Bulletproof >>>> PS2
Dragon Quest VIII >>>> PS2 ( :hot: $25 with coupon! :hot: )

$39.99 EACH:

X-Men Legends II >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Ultimate Spider-man >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Smackdown RAW 2006 >>>> PS2

[quote name='keviningeorgia']So the 360 Coupon is working on the $29.99 Ad Games??

I was worried they wouldn't take the coupon since it states something about can't be combined with any other deals and my Mother-in-law just gave me a $25 Best Buy Gift Card. Brother In Law got me Gun for Christmas so guess im going to pick up Path of Neo.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up Dragon Quest 8, using the 10 dollar off coupon (a print out) and 10 dollars worth of reward zone moneys.

It was a manager that checked me out too.

No problems for me, but as always YMMV.

Went and picked up True Crime: NYC and Prince of Persia: TTT for $19.99 each by using the coupons. Pretty sick deal! Time to pick me up The Warriors and then I'm gonna have a very awesome Winter Break.

I actually saw that Dragon Quest 8 price in their flier and went early this morning. I got there when the store opened at 10am and got the last one, and only one for that matter. Couldn't believe they had such low stock.

SSX: On Tour is ok, I still prefer SSX3. DQVIII is really tempting... but im more tempted to build up my DS library. I spend more time on my DS than my PS2...

Until they get another shipment, don't bother with the Glendale/Los Feliz Best Buy. Looks like a hurricane went through it and there's nothing there.

Wooh, got Dragon Quest VIII for $25 after coupon, and Trauma Center for $20 after Coupon. Now I just need to go back later and get Far Cry for $20 after coupon, I would've earlier, but there's sort of a long story between my friends and a stupid clerk.

sold out at my bestbuy. thats what happens if i dont go there early in the morning. i was trying to get PoP: TT and DQ8. tons and tons of ppl were there. what are those ppl doing? still shopping for christmas presents? those late buyers.

Snagged the 2nd to last GC copy of Two Thrones this morning at BB. The only thing I noticed is it shows up on screen that the game is on sale, but it takes the cashier an extra button press or two to get the coupon accepted w/ no hassle. After that I went and returned the copy I ordered off Walmart.com (before the massive line hit) to get my $50 GC back and hopefully to spend on Grandia III in Feb...

[quote name='trunks982']sold out at my bestbuy. thats what happens if i dont go there early in the morning. i was trying to get PoP: TT and DQ8. tons and tons of ppl were there. what are those ppl doing? still shopping for christmas presents? those late buyers.[/QUOTE]

Buying crap with the gift cards they received.

I tried to go at lunch, but there was a line of people GOING INTO THE STORE. I didn't have enough time to brave it.

Gonna go tonight, hopefully they aren't completely sold out but they will be.

Do people not work the day after Christmas or something?

Got PoP: Two Thrones for $19.99 after coupon. DW8 was sold out of course. Doesnt matter, I have used these coupons like a dozen times now and will for the next month.

[quote name='Roufuss']Do people not work the day after Christmas or something?[/QUOTE]

Because Christmas was a Sunday this year, most people got today off so they wouldn't get ripped off out of a day off.

Got POP: TT for 19.99...never thought that I would say this but I LOVE BEST BUY!!! Well, I love being able to get away with using fake coupons...playing the mother fucking shit out of two thrones right now...Thanks OP!!!

I love BB too. No problems at all using the $10 off coupon.

Picked up PoP:TTT ($19.99) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer Chosen Collection ($143.99). I'm pretty happy!

I bought Mario Kart DS finally =D 24.99

they had about 4-5 DQ8 copies and alot of Prince of Persia:TTT copies.

Some Resident Evil 4 copies but didn't pick them up.

maybe i will go back and pick some up.

I think I'll run out to Best Buy tomarrow or the next day and pick up an Xbox copy of Battlefront 2, since my uncle gave me a $25 BB gift card for Christmas. :)

If anyone wants to know, the Best Buy in Saint Petersburg is sold out of almost EVERYTHING except Gun, Spartan and DQ 8 (which is hiding on a Playstation 2 rack in the main aisle)

Made a 30 minute drive in 15 minutes to a different BB on US 19, and scored Matrix: Path of Neo for $20, and the last copies of Need For Speed: Most Wanted and 50 Cent: Bulletproof for $25 each.

They had plenty of everything else, probably go back tommorrow to get Prince of Persia: Two Thrones.

EDIT: Didn't realize that 50 Cent game got shitty reviews... was just looking for a good third person shooter, but this one should be $10 in no time. I guess I'll take it back tommorrow and get something else.

It was crazy in the Best Buy i went to today. I ended up gettin Spartan for $20 witht the $10 coupon. Had all the other games i wanted. Looks like the Best Buy in Manalapan, NJ was running out of DQ8 though

[quote name='chunlirocks']---
Is there a $5 off of $20 BB coupon?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's called the Gamer Gift Card. Blue gift card with a coupon on the paper insert. Put a buck on it in one transaction, leave the register, get your game, and present your $1 gift card and the $5 off coupon to the cashier, and you've got an instant discount.

Just picked up DQ8 and GUN for $18 after GC and tax. The cashier let me use two of the $10 off coupons on the same transaction.

Merry Christmas indeed.

For those looking to pick up XMEN Legends II, I just noticed that gamestop dropped it to 29.99, so either way (with coupon or without) it looks like an overall price drop on that game.

Best Buy let me use the $10 off coupon for DQ8 for a total of $25 + tax at the Riverdale Utah store. It was the last one so don't bother if you are going for that game.

[quote name='dragonjud']For those looking to pick up XMEN Legends II, I just noticed that gamestop dropped it to 29.99, so either way (with coupon or without) it looks like an overall price drop on that game.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just a holiday sale for Activision titles. It will probably go back up next week.

Picked up DQ8 today, and had no problems using the coupon on top of the sale price. $25 was just too good of a deal for it!

After trading in a DVD I got from secret santa I used the $15 credit and the $10 coupon toward Dragon's Quest 8 to get it for $10 out of pocket. No problem using the coupon except it was the first time it didn't scan and the cashier had to manual type in the sku code. Anyway, I now have a game to compliment my slime key chains. Yeah!

[quote name='MadFlava']After trading in a DVD I got from secret santa I used the $15 credit and the $10 coupon toward Dragon's Quest 8 to get it for $10 out of pocket. No problem using the coupon except it was the first time it didn't scan and the cashier had to manual type in the sku code. Anyway, I now have a game to compliment my slime key chains. Yeah![/QUOTE]

how do u trade in? best buy takes returns without receipts?

Picked up Spartan Total Warrior for GC with an actual $10 off coupon. Ended up being $20. Good deal on a pretty fun game. I am not much for hack n slash but there is not much else like it on the old Gamecube.

I'm for sure gonna pick up Spartan: Total Warrior and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones for $19.99 a pop (with those magical coupons...).

I love stickin' it to The Man of electronics retail. :)

[quote name='trunks982']how do u trade in? best buy takes returns without receipts?[/QUOTE]

Some (read: very, very few) Best Buys currently accept trade-ins....

However, pretty much all BBs are taking returns without receipts this week, so that could have been what he meant.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I am torn between Dragon Quest 8 and Nba 2k6. I only have money for one. Which one should I get?[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest VIII is one of the best RPGs this generation--I highly recommend it to all fans of the genre.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Dragon Quest VIII is one of the best RPGs this generation--I highly recommend it to all fans of the genre.[/QUOTE]
Is it a lot like the demo? I played the demo and I figured it was good enough for a $20 purchase but I would also love to get Nba 2k6 for $20.
Anyone else want to help me choose?

[quote name='mcgavin27']Is it a lot like the demo? I played the demo and I figured it was good enough for a $20 purchase but I would also love to get Nba 2k6 for $20.
Anyone else want to help me choose?[/QUOTE]

I say go for DQ8. Sports games always drop faster than RPG games and stay low. You can do what I am going to do. I bought Dragon Quest 8 for $25 with the coupon and am going to sell the Final Fantasy 12 demo it comes with for about $15-20 on ebay. A winner is me.

I don't know how you guys are getting 10 dollars off, but I just got Gun for Xbox for 25 bucks with the 5 dollar off coupon. Unrelated, but I also (FINALLY) found Pirates of the Carribean... FOR 10 DOLLARS! I'm happy.

[quote name='Kingjay89']Unable to find NBA 2K6 for 360 where I live :/[/QUOTE]
It's not on sale for the 360. It is still the 50/60 price tag.

BW Coupon worked great

FF:IV $19.99 AC
DQ8 $25 AC

And with the GGC SSX on Tour $14.99

Nice score. (Two transactions with the $10 coupon)

bread's done
Back