Best Buy Video Game Deals 2/24-3/2: Red Dead Redemption II $39.99 // Nintendo Labo Kits $39.99 // Ace Combat 7 $49.99 // PS4 Greatest Hits $14.99

I'm not a reseller, I'm a collector. A collector that happens to sell most everything I own after I realize I collected too much, and then I start the cycle again.

Posted on the pre-order post but I know this will have a lot more traffic:

https://youtu.be/fKiz265SMME

Just revealed Switch Pokemon games. Both $10 pre-order bonus

Pokemon Shield - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pokemon-shield-nintendo-switch/6255368.p?skuId=6255368

Pokemon Sword - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pokemon-sword-nintendo-switch/6255366.p?skuId=6255366
Hoping Gamestop follows suit and offers a $10 bonus for pre-ordering these. Since my GCU expired I've been mostly buying games at Gamestop since I still have Elite Pro and there is a store less than a mile from my house.

Went into Best Buy yesterday and saw at least 4 different games I would have bought if I still had GCU. I left the store without buying anything.

I've noticed I havent been buying as many games since GCU ended myself. Altho I have been placing pre orders on my girlfriends account since hers is up in april.
Maybe GCU ending is a good thing, I'll spend less cuz I'll buy less games.
But I agree, gamestop and Amazon will get more business from me

Hoping Gamestop follows suit and offers a $10 bonus for pre-ordering these. Since my GCU expired I've been mostly buying games at Gamestop since I still have Elite Pro and there is a store less than a mile from my house.

Went into Best Buy yesterday and saw at least 4 different games I would have bought if I still had GCU. I left the store without buying anything.

I've noticed I havent been buying as many games since GCU ended myself. Altho I have been placing pre orders on my girlfriends account since hers is up in april.
Maybe GCU ending is a good thing, I'll spend less cuz I'll buy less games.
But I agree, gamestop and Amazon will get more business from me

It's funny how many CAGers quit amazon after they dropped their 20% discounts. When my GCU eventually runs out I may just simmer down and slowly stop buying games in general. I'm tired of games today that released half assed, broken, or incomplete, to be patches 6 months to 12 months later and sold as half price as a "COMPLETE EDITION".

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny how many CAGers quit amazon after they dropped their 20% discounts. When my GCU eventually runs out I may just simmer down and slowly stop buying games in general. I'm tired of games today that released half assed, broken, or incomplete, to be patches 6 months to 12 months later and sold as half price as a "COMPLETE EDITION".
Pssh, true CAGs quit Amazon after their 30% discounts ended. ;)

Gamestop has faults, but their pre-orders in store are always in pristine shape for me vs bestbuy...
Didn’t someone recently order a game, picked it up in store and the manager etc opened the game right there in front of them?

I do remember someone posting that..

I rarely used the 20% discount with Prime since I had GCU, but wish they offered it now. I order from Amazon often but rarely is it video games.

Gamestop has faults, but their pre-orders in store are always in pristine shape for me vs bestbuy...
I agree. Gamestop also has a solid rewards system and tend to carry a lot of games that Best Buy does not have. I also feel like I need to enjoy a retailer for video games for as long as I can since they likely won't around too much longer.

Didn’t someone recently order a game, picked it up in store and the manager etc opened the game right there in front of them?

you're right

but that hasn't happened to me, or I'd no longer shop at that store. I'm one of the few who doesn't have a shady gamestop anywhere around me. Nice workers at the ones I go to.

you're right

but that hasn't happened to me, or I'd no longer shop at that store. I'm one of the few who doesn't have a shady gamestop anywhere around me. Nice workers at the ones I go to.

The only time that has ever happened to me is when I had a defective disc and had to do a return/exchange for a new copy.

you're right

That was definitely an outlier. I worked at Gamestop for 7 years and that's definitely not the norm, although they did do some questionable things when I worked there. The stores I go to now also have very friendly employees who aren't pushy at all which is a big reason I continue to shop there and hope they are able to stick around for awhile as a company.

Yup that was me. South Park TFBW Gold Steelbook edition. I just wanted the season pass so I wasn't too upset.

I won't buy any new games from GameStop unless it's an awesome deal ($10-20) or if it's a pre-order. I never had a problem with preorders as long as I pick it up within 48 hours, and sometimes longer if I call ahead and let them know.

Is Best Buy still doing the save $1 if you switch to store pickup? Doesn’t seem to be working for me.
Yeah, but what was happening to me was that the $1 off wouldn't show up on the app or mobile site. Had to go to the desktop site on my PC for it to show up. Has been happening for my last few orders.

Not having GCU saves me so much money by not buying anything from BB anymore. So their plan is working.
I looking forward to not hoarding every $20 and below game from BB when my GCU ends. I just got my email yesterday reminding me I have just days left and here is a 25% code for one video game. The last month I’ve been buying any low priced game I thought I might play.

Yeah, but what was happening to me was that the $1 off wouldn't show up on the app or mobile site. Had to go to the desktop site on my PC for it to show up. Has been happening for my last few orders.
I've had to exit checkout, and start new for it to show sometimes. (Both iOS app and PC website) And a few times if I used the $1 pickup any rewards cert i tried to use got removed from being used as soon as I hit place order.

Last time it happened I told the guy grabbing my order what happened and i'll be returning/rebuying the game with the cert applied as soon as he was done, he had no problem doing it and said this isn't the first time he's heard the website do it.

bread's done
Back