Best Buy vs. Gamestop

pikastylz

CAGiversary!
Today i was planning on preordering bioshock 2 and battlefield: bad company 2. The only problem is I don't know where i should buy it from! I have exactly $120 in gift cards to best buy which is quite ideal. However, do i get all of the preorder bonuses if i buy at best buy? or only at gamestop? The best buy website isnt very clear on those sort of things and gamestop has it everywhere. To summarize this rant, should i order from best buy or gamestop for the bonus crap. thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure the Bioshock 2 LE is the same everywhere, not so sure on BC2. That said, I usually preorder from Best Buy, because you usually get something up front for your troubles. I preordered HeartGold and SoulSilver from BBY because you get the two figures right away, rather than when you pick up the game.

I would preorder from best buy if I had gift cards from there. The preorder bonuses arent worth that much to me, but I think that what gamestop has posted on there site as preorder bonuses is exclusive to them.

Only thing you miss out on with Gamestop for those 2 games are some "exclusive" MP skins with Bioshock 2 and with Battlefield you get early access to an assault rifle and a MP mode (that mp mode unlocks for everyone else in 30 days.) Both Gamestop and BB should have the $60 LE for Battlefield.

Just get it at BB since you already have the credit there.

GS exclusives as seen in the past year aren't very exclusive anymore. Juggernaut codes were available via DLC later on, Terminus armor and gun was leaked and will probably be available for DLC later if not for cheap on ebay, Sgt Johnson skin was available at TRU and eventually could be bought for $1-$2 on ebay.

Like everyone says, you got credit at BB, use it.

I'm a manager at the local GameStop... so I can only speak for the company. But with BioShock 2 you would've recieved two exclusive multiplayer characters. With Battlefield you get bumped up to the Limited Edition at no extra cost (I think that's across the broad though). You also recieve 6 in-game exclusive items. One being the silenced AK47... as well as early access to the Squad Rush portion of the multiplayer. Though late I hope this helps. You can still pre-order BFBC2.

bread's done
Back