:br: $9.99
I Am Legend
Harry Potter Goblet of Fire
Dirty Harry
The Last Samurai
Blood Diamond
American History X

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sad that those $5 Target coupons expire before this ad comes out. Those 9.99 BDs would have been awesome to PM and stack with that coupon! =[

It'd be awesome if Target broke street dates on the new releases in anticipation of Christmas gift giving like some have done in the past.

I am Legend sounds good for $10. I think i'll be @ BB this whole weekend searching for deals. Thanks pinoy.

will get District 9 and Up at Target this week for 14.99 (w/coupon) then this best buy ad im looking to get just Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Anyone know if its only this Harry Potter, weird they would just pick this one out of 5

Yeah, definitely weird that only 1 Harry Potter movie is on sale. I hope all 5 are on sale so I can get them as a last xmas gift.

The OP over at SD didn't have a scanner so maybe he missed the part were it says others available.

OP: Please change your thread title to reflect that you're only listing BD deals. It may discourage others from listing the full weekly ad info (DVD/BD) on CAG.

Please consider what you're doing to be as half-assed as a Sony fanboy making a BB weekly ad thread in the VG Deals section and only listing PS3 titles because he thinks "that's all that matters".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChavaSalinas']Does anyone know where can I find the ad scan? I'm waiting on TV's deals. Thanks.
Does SD stands for Slick Deals?[/QUOTE]

SD stands for Standard Definition (aka not Blu ray)

Blu ray is a waste of money..... Why re buy all these movies for a little bit of a better picture?? Hell my HD cable looks better then most of my blu rays. The Sound is better but its not that much better then my dvds.

The second everyone switches over to blu ray digital downloads will be come the hotter better choice.

[quote name='waltercartman']Blu ray is a waste of money..... Why re buy all these movies for a little bit of a better picture?? Hell my HD cable looks better then most of my blu rays. The Sound is better but its not that much better then my dvds.

The second everyone switches over to blu ray digital downloads will be come the hotter better choice.[/QUOTE]

ooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkk, whatever floats your boat, this argument has been beaten to death and doesn't belong in a hot deals thread

[quote name='ChavaSalinas']Does anyone know where can I find the ad scan? I'm waiting on TV's deals. Thanks.
Does SD stands for Slick Deals?[/QUOTE]

Ask foxxdie over SlickDeals.

Now that I finally have a Blu-ray player I can take part in these deals. May have to pick up I Am Legend. Thanks, OP.

Since I'm not a lazy bastard, here's the rest of the movie prices.

$8.99
The Hangover
Harry Potter & The Whatever The Newest One Is

TV on DVD

$15.99
The Office S5
House S5

$19.99 each
True Blood S1
Dexter S1
Fringe S1
Sarah Connor Chronicles S2

$14.99 each
The OC S1 - 4

$16.99 each
One Tree Hill S1 - 5
The West Wing S1 - 7

$17.99 each
Heroes S3
Battlestar Galactica S1 - 4.5
Monk S7
Friday Night Lights S3

[quote name='travOtaku']I am so sad that those $5 Target coupons expire before this ad comes out. Those 9.99 BDs would have been awesome to PM and stack with that coupon! =[[/QUOTE]
American History X for 4.99. :( I'm still going to try. A lot of Target coupons still scan in OK after being expired.

The rebate its only for season 5 of the office or includes all other seasons?? and do you have an ad scan?? man i tought i finished spending money but the office and arrested development at target are gonna be tought ones.

man I wish I would have checked this thread before I ordered House S5 from Amazon earlier today. It shipped already too :(

[quote name='Taco5']FYE broke release date early. I had seen "9" there yesterday.[/QUOTE]

they must have delivered very early.. i saw one errant copy in Toys-r-us on Dec 23rd. Was going to buy, but it wouldn't recognize/scan in the price-checker and the lines were huge. Didn't want to bother if it was $35

A little birdie told me that FYE broke street date on all their 12/29 new release dvd/br for the holidays.

Paranormal activity
Jennifer's Body
Perfect getaway
Glee Season 1 vol. 1

Most of them are not marked with a sales price but they are ringing up on sale when you get to the register. I think corporate didn't want to show the sales price since they were put out almost a week early. I also don't know if this is all Fye's or certain ones so YMMV.

[quote name='jp2']they must have delivered very early.. i saw one errant copy in Toys-r-us on Dec 23rd. Was going to buy, but it wouldn't recognize/scan in the price-checker and the lines were huge. Didn't want to bother if it was $35[/QUOTE]

I've been the new release guy at a retail store for almost 10 years and we normally get new release product 1-2 weeks before release date though some stuff comes in the day before if they are being very protective of street date violations like the first harry potters and lotr movies. On a rare occasion I have seen movies come in 4-6 weeks early but these are normally smaller random titles.

TV on Blu:

$29.99
Fringe
Terminator: SCC Season 2

$24.99
True Blood

$17.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan

$14.99 each
Pushing Daisies (seasons 1+2)

Some stuff I noticed, YMMV. Ocean's 12 and 13 are like $3.50 at Best Buy. As is Semi Pro, Constantine, Firewall. Those are the movies I could remember off the top of my head.

[quote name='deadite76']TV on Blu:

$29.99
Fringe
Terminator: SCC Season 2

$24.99
True Blood

$17.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan

$14.99 each
Pushing Daisies (seasons 1+2)[/QUOTE]

Are those the BB Blu-Ray prices?! Sold on Sarah Connor!

Yeah appearance by Speedy!

dirty harry today for 10, had to get it because its the blu ray book, I am quite fond of those, I want more, only have 2.

Also PMed walmart for Star Trek at 20 and for those interested, Public Enemies stil rings up at $20 too.

FYI if your BB still has the steel tin version of the Blu-Ray Season 2 of T:SCC, it's YMMV to get that version for $30. The tin case version scans for $50 even today. I was successful to get the price changed but I was at a BB that is pretty lax on PM's, whereas other BB's are real sticklers to beware of this.

Why isn't Amazon price-matching this? Grr. I want to get Office Season 5 and The Hangover, but I don't want to go to my local Best Buy.

Had to have the guy manually fix the price for Fringe. Rang up as $40 and not $20 for the DVD edition. I was a bit dissapointed since I wanted to pick up Dexter S3 on DVD and Sonic Unleashed for the PS3 and pricematch Target since I have a giftcard to best buy but I was unable to find either there. Might have to go back and see if they get any more :(

Picking up The Office S5 for sure, thanks OP.

Question, I've never seen Battlestar Galactica so if I decided to jump in, how does it go with all the individual DVD releases? For example. I pick up S1 through S4.5, do I need to also get the original mini-series, the plan, razor, any other I missed listing here? Trying to decide if it's worth picking up blind based on the acclaim.

BSG is universally hailed as one of the best sci-fi shows ever produced, although i personally feel it waned towards the end. AFAIK, later releases of S1 DVD has the miniseries. I think Razor is a seperate purchase unless you buy the complete series set (which will cost more $$ in comparison to the BB $17.99 deals).

i'm personally going to hold out hope til next BF, thinking there will be a complete series blu-ray deal.

Separately, a bit of let-down that Amazon hasn't PM'ed these deals across the board... but they did just PM Heroes Season 3

[quote name='jp2']BSG is universally hailed as one of the best sci-fi shows ever produced, although i personally feel it waned towards the end. AFAIK, later releases of S1 DVD has the miniseries. I think Razor is a seperate purchase unless you buy the complete series set (which will cost more $$ in comparison to the BB $17.99 deals).[/QUOTE]
AFAIK, the S1 DVD has always had the miniseries as the first disk.

[quote name='Keen314']AFAIK, the S1 DVD has always had the miniseries as the first disk.[/QUOTE]

the first release of season 1 didn't have the miniseries, but it was a psuedo 'import' i believe.
I recall purchasing at BestBuy for a friend's birthday. Might have been an exclusive thing (as it was NTSC), that was supplanted by a standard release a few months later. I remember him complaining after the fact.

Picked up Last Samurai for $10. I also got Paranormal Activity on Blu early, and decided to finally give in to King Kong BD for $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back