Best Buy YMMV Thread

mikeshinobi

CAGiversary!
Can we have a thread where we share deals we find at our local Best Buys? Of course they're always YMMV but it would give us ideas of what to look out for.

I have two local best buys and each of them had different deals:

Best Buy #1:

• Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NSW): $15.99
Best Buy #2:

• Disgaea 4 (NSW): $15.99
  • Dead Cells (NSW): $10.99
  • Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS): $12.99 (didn't get this, very sad)
  • Some other 3DS title I was extremely sad I missed out on (3DS): $10.99
There were some others but these were the ones that stood out the most that I can remember.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, if your Best Buy has a price placard out for a game but they're sold out, you can ask an employee to order it for you from their website and they will match their in-store price! Of course they have to have stock on the website though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Returnal listed for $28.99 and the Cosmic Deluxe Edition of GotG for $22.99 at my local store. Both were found on an outer endcap of the PS aisle (facing the outer wall, as opposed to the interior drive aisle—easy to miss). Not sure if that’s now standard pricing for either (or even a common plan-o-gram location across stores), but both prices were obviously cheaper than I recall for either in recent memory.

And yikes, those gaming sections get smaller and smaller. Hadn’t darkened BB’s doorway in awhile, but what used to take up an entire aisle is now condensed into an area just under half its original size. Guessing the sections got reduced/consolidated when GCU ended and people quit shopping there for games regularly?
I keep seeing the cosmic Guardians for xbox. Are you finding it for PS5?

Returns count as a negative for the store's metrics. The individual employees are also rated based on warranties, power up card signups/renewals, and trade-ins on a per transaction basis. If they get a return without any of these in a transaction it hurts their numbers.
And what makes that even more screwed-up is that the GameStop website sells refurbished systems that often get returned locally because people aren't happy with the condition (see it all the time with 3DS consoles for example).... or they will also routinely pass off opened/pre-owned games as brand 'new' that they will ship to people and which then get returned at a local store because it was not what was what advertised and was misleading/dishonest. These kinds of things are entirely the fault of gamestop.com, their HQ in Grapevine, TX, and the corporate/executive/management side of the company because of their practices, and if the store associates who are just the grunts on the front lines are penalized for it it's absolutely ridiculous and asinine. But then this is par for the course for GameStop, one of the worst soul-less scum-sucking entities out there.

since when does bb not price match gamestop anymore

whats the point of shopping there anymore
Have you been inside a Best Buy recently? Rarely is there anything even in stock...I went to get MW2 on launch day and 2 of the stores I stopped at didnt even have a copy...on LAUNCH day. Ended up having to order it for pickup from a 3rd strore (and yes I had promo credit to burn and a CC i like to keep active)...

Have you been inside a Best Buy recently? Rarely is there anything even in stock...I went to get MW2 on launch day and 2 of the stores I stopped at didnt even have a copy...on LAUNCH day. Ended up having to order it for pickup from a 3rd strore (and yes I had promo credit to burn and a CC i like to keep active)...
That's entirely on Acti trying to push digital. Sony and Sega had no problem flooding stores with copies of GOW and Sonic.

I've been waiting for this sale since launch. It's funny how someone who never heard of the game gets the deal yet diehards miss out. Oh well!
I feel this way about Gran Turisom 7 ( haven't owned that game since 2) and then remember I utterly sucked at it...never got the A license (or whatever it was called)

ummm...please someone convince me to buy it lol

I feel this way about Gran Turisom 7 ( haven't owned that game since 2) and then remember I utterly sucked at it...never got the A license (or whatever it was called)

ummm...please someone convince me to buy it lol
Opposite... I heard GT7 is trash, especially with the microtransaction/gatekeeping nonsense at launch.

I bought a laptop on sale, been using it for a few days but it has a issue that’s getting annoying, would I be able to exchange it out for the same laptop at the same price I bought it for? I bought it on sale and it’s no longer on sale but my local store has them in stock and it is the one I want.

I bought a laptop on sale, been using it for a few days but it has a issue that’s getting annoying, would I be able to exchange it out for the same laptop at the same price I bought it for? I bought it on sale and it’s no longer on sale but my local store has them in stock and it is the one I want.
if it's defective you shouldn't have an issue

The BB store I regularly go to just doesn't bother replenishing the video game shelves anymore. Half the PS4 shelf has been empty for months now and because of Black Friday there's even less on the shelf.

My local BB have more games behind the cashiers on one long wall rack than on the shelves in the aisles. I have to wait in line to purchase something, just so I could have a min to quicly browse if there's anything I want.

My local BB (Manhattan) had a few nice in-store surprises:

Tony Hawk 1+2 $16.99 (Switch)

Monster Hunter Rise $16.99 (Switch)

GTA V $10.99 (XB1)

The BB store I regularly go to just doesn't bother replenishing the video game shelves anymore. Half the PS4 shelf has been empty for months now and because of Black Friday there's even less on the shelf.
Seems now they pretty much have all their Video games in the front now same with steelbooks its annoying

NINTENDO FANS! I need help. Trying to figure out what I should grab for my nephew for Christmas. I heard good things about Kirby forgotten lands, Mario rabbids and splatoon 3. Which of those 3 should I get? I see on bestbuy that they got Mario rabbids spark of hope $32 that comes with MR kingdom battle

NINTENDO FANS! I need help. Trying to figure out what I should grab for my nephew for Christmas. I heard good things about Kirby forgotten lands, Mario rabbids and splatoon 3. Which of those 3 should I get? I see on bestbuy that they got Mario rabbids spark of hope $32 that comes with MR kingdom battle
You can't go wrong with Kirby or Splatoon. Personally I would pick up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for a boy, it's fun, plenty of heroes to choose from, and it has 4 players coop.

My kid loves Splatoon 3 but it is worthless unless you have Nintendo online. So if he doesn’t have online don’t get it.

Those are three games with very different gameplay; how old is your nephew? What else does he like to play?

In a vacuum, I’d also vote for Kirby over they other two.

Found a copy of XBox MLB The Show 22 MVP for $5 at a different BB farther away from me I was at to pickup that Hellboy animated 4K that was like $6 last Friday.

Off Topic but Best Buy, bought Jurassic World Dominion 4K and when I opened it up at store didnt have Movies Anywhere code in it.  Also tried at Amazon same thing happened, someone is stealing codes.

I'm willing to bet they weren't stolen and were never put into the box to begin with.
there’s a few 4K movies I bought this holiday season that didn’t have paper slips with the codes inside. Warner bros is starting to scam customers though and purposely remove digital copies from their physical media. Trying to be real slick with it too keeping the same UPC yet removing digital copies.

there’s a few 4K movies I bought this holiday season that didn’t have paper slips with the codes inside. Warner bros is starting to scam customers though and purposely remove digital copies from their physical media. Trying to be real slick with it too keeping the same UPC yet removing digital copies.
Went to BB today to return JPD that didnt have code and asked them if I could exchange for another, but open first to see if it has a code, they said yes, sure enough, 4 out of 4 I bought didnt have a code, really irritating, so I returned it.

Does the cover art still say that all of those are supposed to have a digital copy?
Some do and some don't. Specifically with Warner bros is they are making new physical media with the same UPC yet on the packaging it will say "4K Ultra HD" in the top banner instead of "4K Ultra HD + digital copy". Online retailers stock both versions since they're the same SKU and UPC so you don't know what you're going to get.

Warners specifically only mentions their digital copies on the paper sleeve not the actual case so they can eventually remove both after a certain point. As long as you aren't waiting for bargain bin prices, you'll be fine.

UPDATE- So universal got back to me and sent me a 4K code for both Jurassic World Dominion theatrical and extended versions went right into Movies Anywhere and Vudu both copies.  I have an extra code if any wants to get for $5 AC or good trade, will also put into trade section.

bread's done
Back