Best Deal on "Samurai Champloo" Boxset??

FYE had it for $100; i dont think its that price anymore. If you sign up for Columbia House, you can get all the volumes for 49 cents each and after that you only have to buy 1 title at $9.95 or higher and two more at $19.95 or higher. Its really worth it, though their anime selection is kinda crappy.

The enrollment code is: C83

I could use that $50 off on buy.com (when signing up for a c.card) to make it a $100,which is the lowest I think I can get it for new.Your suggestion is really good,except I want the boxset opposed to the getting the volumes individually.I know its crazy to be essentially paying ALOT more just for them to be in a box,but I'm anal about things like that.

Do keep in mind Samurai Champloo is a Geneon title, and therefore out of print...

I kinda doubt you'll see it drop too much...

I got my SC boxset for $79 at FYE last summer. They put an incorrect sale sticker on it (guess it was supposed to be $149 at the time?) and I snagged that copy. The guy at the register rung it up manually and said "nice find". lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Samurai-Champlo...goryZ617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think this may be as close to the century mark as your gonna get, so jump on it if you have the cash! Funny thing though, this seller has another one listed, new as well, for BIN $199. Not sure why he'd be selling the same thing at such drastic differences in prices, so may want to send him an email....feedback score looks great so I'd give it a shot if it was me;)

Edit: Just realized the seller is located in Canada, so not sure if that means the box will be different than US, but it says Region 1: US, CA so you still maybe ok, but email to find out before ordering!

[quote name='ihavenolife123']reminds me of the $25 error from walmart :([/quote]

Hehe I was going to say that too when I saw this thread. Fortunately I was one of the people to get in on that.

[quote name='liono55']http://cgi.ebay.com/Samurai-Champlo...goryZ617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think this may be as close to the century mark as your gonna get, so jump on it if you have the cash! Funny thing though, this seller has another one listed, new as well, for BIN $199. Not sure why he'd be selling the same thing at such drastic differences in prices, so may want to send him an email....feedback score looks great so I'd give it a shot if it was me;)

Edit: Just realized the seller is located in Canada, so not sure if that means the box will be different than US, but it says Region 1: US, CA so you still maybe ok, but email to find out before ordering![/QUOTE]

On the bottom of the description, it says "no art box". Kinda deceiving to use a picture showing the box set, but that's ebay for you.

[quote name='bang4dabuc']On the bottom of the description, it says "no art box". Kinda deceiving to use a picture showing the box set, but that's ebay for you.[/quote]

WOW, thanks for pointing this out....if that's not deceptive advertising, I don't know what is! So that explains the difference in the 2 auctions. I take back what I said, as this guy appears to be a crook. The only thing different in his descriptions is the last line which says "no art box" for one and "with art box" for the other! It's $199 @ Suncoast, so maybe that would be a better choice than this shady character...:nottalking:

[quote name='bang4dabuc']On the bottom of the description, it says "no art box". Kinda deceiving to use a picture showing the box set, but that's ebay for you.[/quote]

Yeah I saw that also.I hate ebayers like that and would definitely not give my business to a person like that.

Thanks to eveyone who had suggestions for me

Master,if I'm not willing to spend $150 for this,why would I spend $170 ? lol

Besides I thinking I'll just use the Revo Card offer (buy.com) and get it for $99 if all else fails.

[quote name='Bezerker']FYE had it for $100; i dont think its that price anymore. If you sign up for Columbia House, you can get all the volumes for 49 cents each and after that you only have to buy 1 title at $9.95 or higher and two more at $19.95 or higher. Its really worth it, though their anime selection is kinda crappy.

The enrollment code is: C83[/quote]

Out of stock at CH it seems.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']reminds me of the $25 error from walmart :([/QUOTE]

Ah that deal was glorious, still cant believe they actually fulfilled my orders!

[quote name='ihavenolife123']reminds me of the $25 error from walmart :([/quote]

I still have my reciept from that order. I laminated it.

Actually its my Star Trek Enterprise reciept that was laminated. All 4 Seasons of enterprise for $25. Think i sold it for $300. Paid for my 360 :)

[quote name='Bezerker']FYE had it for $100; i dont think its that price anymore.[/quote]

I bought the box set at Suncoast for that price weeks ago. FYE/Suncoast is having a buy one, get one free sale on Geneon DVDs so if you're lucky enough to find it, you might be able to snag Samurai Champloo along with another box set for free.

[quote name='h0mi']This is out of print already?[/quote]
Kind of. Geneon folded and will no longer print any more DVDs.

Who knows, TRSI might do another 10 for $50/25 for $100 deal on Geneon in the future, if Geneon really wants to clear out their inventory.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I have Brand New & Sealed Box Set. If you wanted it... pay me $170 include shipping +Insurance + Tracking # :)[/quote]

(A) ;) The cost of that would probably kick the price up to $185 and change.
(B) Rightstuf.com has it for $179.98 with free shipping. Plus, if you're a gotanime (GA) member, the price drops by 10% to $161.98 free shipping.
(C) The cost of a GA membership is $12.00 annually. Even if you wanted to sign up for the GA plan, the total you end up paying for the Samurai Champloo box through rightstuf is $173.99

Individual Volumes ( NO box) $14.99 x 7 = $104.93 free shipping

Rightstuf is also letting go of the individual volumes at $14.99 a piece (not eligible for "gotamine" discount). $14.99 x 7 volumes = $104.93 free shipping.

$179.99 free shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FC2EXE

$159.99 free shipping
http://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail.aspx?sid=R2VWSV0SI1U0HHK&nItemID=36568

I sold one to another CAG but it didn't arrive in mint condition (not sure if it got jerked around during shipping) but I'm willing to sell it for $85 shipped (near mint).

thanks for taking the time to list out those options.Surprisingly,I've seen a few decent auctions on ebay,but it nothing pans out than I may use option number #4.

Thanks again

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']

(A) ;) The cost of that would probably kick the price up to $185 and change.
(B) Rightstuf.com has it for $179.98 with free shipping. Plus, if you're a gotanime (GA) member, the price drops by 10% to $161.98 free shipping.
(C) The cost of a GA membership is $12.00 annually. Even if you wanted to sign up for the GA plan, the total you end up paying for the Samurai Champloo box through rightstuf is $173.99

Individual Volumes ( NO box) $14.99 x 7 = $104.93 free shipping

Rightstuf is also letting go of the individual volumes at $14.99 a piece (not eligible for "gotamine" discount). $14.99 x 7 volumes = $104.93 free shipping.

$179.99 free shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FC2EXE

$159.99 free shipping
http://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail.aspx?sid=R2VWSV0SI1U0HHK&nItemID=36568[/quote]

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Surprisingly,I've seen a few decent auctions on ebay,but it nothing pans out than I may use option number #4.[/QUOTE]
Be very, *very* careful that what you're buying isn't a bootleg. Seven discs, region 1, English and Japanese audio, and English subtitles. If "Chinese" or "import" or "three discs" enter the equation at all, it's not the real deal.

I almost bought some discs last night at suncoast since they're doing a bogo on geneon titles. But it would've meant just having 3, 4, 5 & 6.

The FYE I went to had all of them buck jacked up the prices to $30 each. pfft.

Any chances of this getting released on bluray?

[quote name='Psykodelik']Hehe I was going to say that too when I saw this thread. Fortunately I was one of the people to get in on that.[/QUOTE]

you weren't the only one ! :lol:

Geneon hasn't folded. They just arent distributing more dvds atm. They are currently in talks with funimation to have them take over for some licenses.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Be very, *very* careful that what you're buying isn't a bootleg. Seven discs, region 1, English and Japanese audio, and English subtitles. If "Chinese" or "import" or "three discs" enter the equation at all, it's not the real deal.[/quote]

Thanks,I'm aware of all that stuff.I actually first purchased the 3 Disc import set so I could watch the show in its entirety to determine it if was worth the $100+ purchase of the U.S Boxset.Now that I got to see it I really want to pick up the real set for better video quality.

dude- just go to china-
you will spend 50 to 80 cents per disk
you will get your special box
they will be exactly the same
you will also be able to get anything else you want on DVD
they will all be US/region 1
you will likely get about 180 disks versus just this box set if you go to Kunming
and if you are worried that they are pirated....go to walmart (wa ru ma- as they say)the prices are the same, though the selection is not as good....and Walmart being an american company would not sell anything bootleg right??? lol

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Thanks,I'm aware of all that stuff.I actually first purchased the 3 Disc import set so I could watch the show in its entirety to determine it if was worth the $100+ purchase of the U.S Boxset.Now that I got to see it I really want to pick up the real set for better video quality.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, supporting bootleggers is one of the stupidest things you could do. If you want to "test drive" a show, just download it. DO NOT GIVE BOOTLEGGERS YOUR MONEY. EVER.

If you're willing to spend money on bootlegs, just either download the series off the net, or rent the discs and burn them yourself. At least if you do the latter two, you're not supporting any scammers.

Alas, not everyone was aware that this was a bootleg, so I think it needs to be prominently mentioned anywhere where the series is talked about so that more people don't make the same mistake.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Ugh, supporting bootleggers is one of the stupidest things you could do. If you want to "test drive" a show, just download it. DO NOT GIVE BOOTLEGGERS YOUR MONEY. EVER.[/quote]

I may be missing something,but how is an import a bootleg ? Last time I checked there two different things.Unless this is something that applies to ebay items or this series in particular I don't understand how the two are one in the same.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I may be missing something,but how is an import a bootleg ? Last time I checked there two different things.Unless this is something that applies to ebay items or this series in particular I don't understand how the two are one in the same.[/quote]

Easy, one could have technically imported a bootlegged DVD.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I may be missing something,but how is an import a bootleg ? Last time I checked there two different things.Unless this is something that applies to ebay items or this series in particular I don't understand how the two are one in the same.[/quote]

Because unless the disc was R2 and in japaneese its a bootleg. There are no 3 disc sets of Samurai Champloo that aren't bootlegs. Less then legit stores call them imports because they are imported from places that don't honor copyright law. They are 110% illegal

Thanks Guile,another CAGer had pmed me about this also,but I do appreciate you posting.I recently got a paypal debit card so I was able to order it from there.Hopefully it does go thru.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Thanks,it said in stock and available so I have my fingers crossed.I've heard good things about the site but this my first purchase from them.[/quote]

I've ordered from them since October 2005 and to date have spent $2300+ with Rightstuf. I have been very pleased.

bread's done
Back