Best deals for Fatal Frame 1 & 2?

You should probably mention which system you want these games for. The best prices I've found were Fatal Frame 1 (Xbox) for $5 at last year's Circuit City sale and Fatal Frame 2 (PS2) for $10 at Best Buy last year.

StealthySeal has a copy of Fatal Frame 2 on his for sale list for 12 bucks for PS2. You might want to check with him if you are interested.

I have PS2 and Xbox so which system has the best deals, then I'd go for it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']StealthySeal has a copy of Fatal Frame 2 on his for sale list for 12 bucks for PS2. You might want to check with him if you are interested.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll PM him.

If you have the EB edge card you can combine that with their PPLAY15 code to get 25% off used copies if they are in stock. That's how I got mine.

Get the Xbox Fatal Frame II Directors Cut if you can. Has a bunch of extra crap in it that isn't in the PS2 version including a first person mode. EB has it for $40 new.

The Fatal Frame series is great. Personally, I think it blows away Resident Evil.

It is very, very unlikley you wil find any of these games new in a retail outlet.

There are rare on a regional basis. Some CCs in some areas of the country had lots -- CCs in Virginia had very few -- in fact when they were supposed to be on sale in the CC sale, the CC stores in Richmond had sold out of them long, long ago.

It is likely u can find them cheap used, if u like buying used, but they won't be very common.

Good luck.

Like GuilewasNK, I got my copy of FF1 (PS2) used from EBGames not long ago for around $20 with free shipping using CAG15, Edge Card, and SAVER.

There are some PS2 FF1s in stock right now.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/216815.asp

I'm actually playing FF1 right now and it is very good. I have already played and beat FF2.

As some have said, if you can get the Xbox versions cheap, that might be the way to go. There is more content in the Xbox versions.

Thanks all. Just bought a used PS2 Fatal Frame 1 ($22) and a new PS2 Fatal Frame 2 ($40) from EB.
There isn't any Xbox version over my local EB. I guess I have to order it online then. Is the Xbox version of Fatal Frame 1 have any extra features like in Fatal Frame 2?

So wait...you bought the ps2 versions, but now you also want the Xbox versions? Why not just buy the two Xbox versions (which are the better ones) to begin with?

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Is the Xbox version of Fatal Frame 1 have any extra features like in Fatal Frame 2?[/QUOTE]

According to the box of the Xbox version, that FF has sharper graphics, new costumes, more ghosts, and a new ending.

Just return the ones you bought and get the Xbox FF's. I've played both and the Xbox ones are way better.

I heard the new ending for FF1 (Xbox) is pretty crappy though. Anyway, only FF1(PS2) can unlock Miku in Monster Rancher 4. That's why I was looking for it.

Also, based on preview of FF3, the real ending of FF1 is the normal ending.

I would have sold you a new copy of FF2 for the PS cheap.
I picked up a few copies at my TRU for $16.
Unfortunately, I'm in Japan now, so the shipping would probably cost a bit, or, take a long while economy.

I haven't shipped anything to the States yet, so I don't know how much to quote.

:)

Also,... I picked up the PS2 versions, because IGN and a few other places gave the XBox versions inferior scores. Although the graphics were better,... there were some major issues, or something HTF.

bread's done
Back