Best Dreamcast Fighter IYO

karmapolice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I just recently bought a dreamcast again and I am gunna buy the stick for it and im wondering what are the best fighting games on it? Thanks

alpha 3, Double impact, and marvel vs. capcom2 on the CAPCOM side

last blade 2, mark of the wolves, and KOF dream match 99 on the SNK side

I know your a big fighter fan Casey and I was wondering what your fav.was out of: Alpha 3,KOF99,and Marvel vs. Capcom...also is Capcom vs. SNK as good as them or how about 2?

my favorite fighter on dreamcast is Marvel vs. Capcom, since it is the only arcade perfect console version, but there are so many other great ones like all the SNK ones and Capcom vs SNK is my second favorite.

some people like it, but CAPCOM vs. SNK is not one of my favorites

I only recently started playing Alpha 3 and from what I have played I really like.

KOF99 Dream Match is awesome. Watch the intro to it and prepared to be blown away

overall I recommend Double Impact and Mark of the Wolves above the rest though. Third Strike can be sub. for Double Impact if you like rap music (it kills the game for me as its more annoying than the music in Marvel vs. CAPCOM 2)

My favorites are Street Fighter III: Third Strike and Capcom vs. Snk 2. I'm a little old school as far as fighting game preferences. If you like the flash, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 really can't be beat. So many fighters and combos are awesome. I know you mentioned the joystick, but if you get one of the Saturn controller adapters, the japanese saturn controller was awesome for the 2D games.

The only reason I bought a Dreamcast was to play MvC2. In fact, I bought my DC from the TRU that had the only copy of MvC2 I could find at the time.

The best arcade stick for the DC is the official sega. Its ginormus white/grey with green buttons

As far as fighters, If you'r willing to shell out for imports:

DOA2 LE
Vampire Chronicles
Capcom v SNK 2
Guilty Gear X
Any of the KOF series (99-2002 were released)

Soul Calibur
Powerstone 1 & 2
Project Justice
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Marvel VS Capcom 2
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Vampire Chronicles (japan)
Dead or Alive 2
Virtua Fighter 3tb

It's hard to pick just 1 fighter since DC was home to so many great ones.

Guilty Gear X was great for high-res bitmaps (something Capcom never did). Powerstone 2 was fun for 4 players, although it gets a little boring after a while.

[quote name='karmapolice620']How good is this stick compared to the...crap I cant remember the name...the green and silver metal one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41054&item=8105763108&rd=1[/quote]

The Enforcer sticks are absolute CRAP! The only saving grace to them is they are cheap and the controller board makes for easy use in home-made sticks. If you are handy with a soldering iron and have some carpentry skills, build your own arcade controls using the controller board from this stick. I made two, plugged VMUs into the boards & secured them inside, installed Happ arcade controls, and they rock. Depending on your preferences, you can set up the buttons in classic Capcom fashion (2 rows of 3 buttons), Neo-Geo/Soul Calibur arcade fashion (line of 3 with 4th button set lower on the left), or any way you feel comfortable with.

Also, if you are looking for great Xbox/PS2/Gamecube universal sticks, grab the Pelican Universal Real Arcade sticks and throw Happ arcade controls into them. Hell, the controls out of the box are not bad, but I like Competition arcade buttons (they have domed tops instead of the normal recessed buttons, they just seem faster and more comfortable to me). Installing 8 arcade buttons and 1 joystick in this stick is simple, requires no soldering, and takes me about 45 minutes to complete (while I am watching a movie :wink: ). The cord is stored in a compartment in the controller, and it also comes with 3 cards that you slide into a slot on front with the layouts for the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube buttons. A note about the cord, it is short (about 6 feet long) and the Xbox plug is not of the break-away type. So if you buy extension cables, you have to get the kind that accept the actual end of the Xbox plug. Luckily, I found a cool Universal Retractable Extension Cable. It also comes with one Xbox memory card/Live slot. Only problem I encountered is that 3 out of 4 sticks I bought had non-working Xbox memory card/Live slots. Come to think of it, all 3 were bought from GameStop.com... the working one was bought in a GameStop store. GameStop.com might be selling returns or something. Unfortunately, I discovered the problem after modding the sticks and couldn't return them. Another cool thing is that you might be able to use a PS-to-DC adapter to connect these sticks to your DC. I don't have an adapter, so I can't tell you if it works.

Anyway, if anyone wants more info on how to mod the Pelican's or create your own arcade controls from other controllers, PM me.

Pelican Universal Real Arcade sticks

Happ arcade controls (arcade controls are listed in the Amusement section of Happ's site, under the Joysticks and Pushbuttons headings)

Universal Retractable Extension Cable

I dont soulder and 60 bucks is a little out of my cheapass price range...I will just have to deal with the reg. controllers cuz im not shellin out that much for a stick

you don't even need to know how to soldiering iron. You can use push-in type connectors to wire the control board together.

The Eclipse sticks are great sticks, they have a metal base so they stay put. I have 2 of them, but they're for the saturn so you'd have to get an adapter. The Agetec "official" sticks are awesome. The components are exactly the same as what you can buy from Happ, same microswitches, same joystick. And for the cost of buying components, and the time involved in hacking a DC joystick, you might as well try to find an official one.

COSMIC SMASH! Oh wait.
Uhmmm Capcom vs. SNK PRO would probably be my top bet, as you don't have to go through the pain in the ass of unlocking all the characters and seems just seem more balanced. OH YEAH! DAN IS IN IT TO!
There is really no way to go wrong with DC fighters, unless the titles has "Fur" and "Fighters" in it.

2D:
King of Fighters Dream Match 99
King of Fighters 2001 (I know a lot of people hate this edition, but I love it)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Vampire Chronicle
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Guilty Gear X (Is this game really getting rare these days? Glad I snagged it when I did :) )
And, of course, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Found the import, like-new condition, for $20. Damn good steal, if you ask me.)

3D:
Project Justice
Tech Romancer
I guess Soul Calibur, too :lol:

Personally, I'm in the camp that hates the Power Stone games and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. If I wanna play crazy ass jumping around shit, I'll make sure it's a good game and play Guilty Gear X (More likely Guilty Gear X2, but hey, this is a DC thread :D ).

Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 or 2, though IMO 2 is better
Power Stone 1 or 2, both equally good
soul Calibur, gretest fighter on the Dreamcast
and last but not least Virtua Fighter 3tb

Mark of the Wolves
Last Blade 2
Project Justice
Guilty Gear X
KoF 99, 2000, 2001
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Soul Calibor
Street Fighter aplha 3 and 3rd strike

i thought for dreamcast power stone 1 & 2 were the best since DOA, Street Fighter, Versus games, etc can be found on other systems

[quote name='KingDox']Marvel vs Capcom 2, followed by Project Justice. [/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly. Project Justice is brilliant and filled with anime goodness and its EXCLUSIVE to DC. MvC2 is the ish, if you know what I mean. The DC has the best version of that game.

Soul Calibur
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Power Stone 1 or 2
Dead or Alive

These were my favorites.
But all the fighting games for dreamcast were great!
And the Arcade Stick is one of the best made for next gen systems.
Only is Xbox could do something similar!

bread's done
Back