Best era for music.

For me it depends on the type of music. I cant blanket it and say a certain time frame was good for all music. Cause while some music may have been good, I may have hated another.

[quote name='megashock5']Now it's my turn to let you off the hook, it's called 'Kiss The Dirt (Falling Down The Mountain)' ;)
One of my 3 favorites by them, along with 'Shine Like It Does' and 'Original Sin'[/QUOTE]

Why, hot damn. Touche! :oops:

.. Original Sin is another awesome one.

[quote name='javeryh']Electronica kind of blows, IMO. Although I do like it when rock-oriented artists add a some beeps and whistles to their shit to liven it up kind of like Kid A or something...[/QUOTE]

I went through an electronica phase in college, but now I think that it will be looked back on sort of like we look back on disco music now. Some people will like it for its camp value, but most people will hate it for how cheesy and predictable it is.

[quote name='evilmregg']I went through an electronica phase in college, but now I think that it will be looked back on sort of like we look back on disco music now. Some people will like it for its camp value, but most people will hate it for how cheesy and predictable it is.[/QUOTE]

So true.

[quote name='javeryh']I'd say late 80s early 90s were my favorite times for music. All decades have great stuff though.[/QUOTE]

Same here

Trying to keep the thread alive***

See my first post in the thread for the late 80's list, but highlights from other eras for me are:

60's
Beatles
Smokey Robinson
Al Green
Jackie Wison
Beach Boys (once Brian Wilson took over)
Phil Spector groups
Marvin Gaye
The Kinks
The Who

70's
Stevie Wonder
David Bowie
Elton John
ELO
Sex Pistols
Wings
Joy Division

(already did 80's, although I forgot Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel)

90's
Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Nine Inch Nails
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Die Warzau
Matthew Sweet
Moby
Chemical Brothers
KMFDM
Blur
Fatboy Slim
Prodigy

00's
Coldplay
Postal Service
Killers
Franz Ferdinand
Scissor Sisters
Jurassic 5
Pete Yorn
Outkast
Fischerspooner

I'd say right now. There are more bands then ever, and internet distribution of that music allows more bands to be heard. Although the radio sucks as hard as ever, some of the best music around has been made quite recently.

bread's done
Back