Best/Favorite Multiplayer games?

MrBrando

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Ok, so some friends and I were playing some roms the other nite and we were looking for 4 player games. There's so many games out there that we can't go through all of them so I wanted to ask you guys what are some of the best/your favorite multiplayer games (4 or more players) from any consle/arcade/PC related not counting sports games. Nothing against sports but just not what I'm looking for.

One of my favorites is the old Xmen arcade game. We played that and were sadden that we actually spent so much money on that game but it was still fun.

More examples:
Simpsons Arcade
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Halo 2
Mario Kart(s)
Marvel Alliance (xmen 1 and 2)

Just give me more to try out, even obvious ones, thanks

damn, i was trying to think of a few old, 4-player arcade games, but i keep coming up with 3-player games lol! i was thinking of the predator vs. alien, final fight, golden axe, etc.

These games don't get much love anymore but the Hunter The Reckoning games for Xbox are a blast for 4 players. I've played many, many hours of this with my friends.

These are my favorite 4 player games:
Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Chu Chu Rocket (Dreamcast)
Pac-Man Vs. (Gamecube)

[quote name='peteloaf']These games don't get much love anymore but the Hunter The Reckoning games for Xbox are a blast for 4 players. I've played many, many hours of this with my friends.[/QUOTE]
ahh, thanks for the reminder. i need to check to see if i still have my copy.

Mario Party 1...before all the other mario parties came out. We would all leave with blisters in our palms because of that one damn shyguy minigame.

It was fucking awesome!

[quote name='Jack']These are my favorite 4 player games:
Chu Chu Rocket (Dreamcast)[/QUOTE]

Unbelievably fun for four people. If you can get past the "cute" aesthetics, underneath is one amazing and intense multiplayer game.

for my group of friends, perfect dark was the designated after school activity. mario party 1 and 2 are also personal favorites, since the series lost it's magic for me after those two. oddly, one of the most consistantly played games we had going for a while was anaconda from timesplitters 2. we put more hours into that than the actual splitscreen multiplayer. addictive little game.

You sir, are right.
[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']THe definitive 4-player console game is Goldeneye.[/QUOTE]

I'm partial to Double Dragon 2, Bomberman 2, SFII and Powerstone. Many may be better but those where the best back when it was easy to get a group of my friends to play some multiplayer.

In my group, we constantly play San Francisco Rush 2049 in battle mode. We used to play it on the Dreamcast, now we play it on the Xbox version of Midway Arcade Treasures 3.

10 player Saturn Bomberman at 3 a.m. still is the best multiplayer experience I've ever had. Three player Guitar Freaks/ Drummaniax is pretty tight too. Power Stone is another great multiplayer game (still better then SSB in my opinion).

Super Smash Bros(s)
Halo(s)
Mario Kart(s)
Simpsons Arcade
Xmen Arcade
Contra 3 Alien Wars(SNES)
TMNT Turtles in Time(SNES)
Goldeneye 007
Mario Party (first one only)
Rainbow Six(s) (awesome team based game)(the original one's, screw lockdown and black arrow, Vegas is fun but not as fun as the originals but now that Xbox Live is so unified it is alot better then the most recent Rainbow Six's)
Tekken(s) Mostly Tag, 3, and 4
NFL Blitz and Blitz 2000 on N64

My friends are much like me, probably why we are friends so here are some games we used to play all the time...

NFL Blitz - I'll never forget my friend Steven was asleep, we handed him a controller right before the play and in the time it took him to wake up and realize he was playing he sacked my friend Anthony. Classic 2am gaming moment.

The old FIFA games - Same friend Anthony would get a yellow card then run around the field then the ref would give a red one back on the Genesis version. I don't know if that was a glitch or what.

Tekken Tag - In the arcade there was a line at least 5 quarters long. When it came out on PS2 we used to be up all night playing.

Looney Toons Space Race - Just play it, it's fun. The unlockables were awesome too, blueprints of early designs for spaceships, old drawings of Looney Toons characters, just neat stuff.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 - I remember it got hyped up at school, my Skyline vs. my buddy from above, Steven's, RX-7. We saved them on memory cards then I went to his house and raced. Those two were dead even cars, I would win a race, then he would. It's not really a great party type game, but that was an awesome multiplayer moment in my lifetime.

Tony Hawk games - I don't know what they do now that it's "Tony Hawk Upside Down on America with a Wiffle Ball Bat Project Pat", but back on Tony Hawk 1,2, and 3 the little 2 minute vs. mode was fun.

bread's done
Back