Best Fight Pad for 360 for the price?

wugenius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Hey guys,
I'm looking into getting a fightpad for mortal kombat since frankly, the dpad sucks on my standard 360 controllers. I was wondering which fight pads you guys recommend. (I know some will mention a fightstick, but it has been so long since I played in arcades that I am better with a controller)

I was looking into the WWE Allstars Fightpad which is 29 new at gamestop. The only drawback is that it is wired. I also don't know about the reliability of madcatz stuff.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Your help as always is appreciated!

I like the Mad Catz Street Fighter pad I got at Best Buy for 19.99. This was before SSF4 came out and before they released the Round 2 versions, which I think still cost a little more. Also, I know it costs more, but the new 360 pad with transforming D-Pad is supposed to be much better. I haven't tried it myself, but the added value of it is you have another standard 360 pad for every other game you want to play. It's not relegated to just fighting games.

[quote name='mrosnwo']I like the Mad Catz Street Fighter pad I got at Best Buy for 19.99. This was before SSF4 came out and before they released the Round 2 versions, which I think still cost a little more. Also, I know it costs more, but the new 360 pad with transforming D-Pad is supposed to be much better. I haven't tried it myself, but the added value of it is you have another standard 360 pad for every other game you want to play. It's not relegated to just fighting games.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of springing for the new transforming controller since I could use it for other game as well. Anyone have this? Is the dpad better?

The WWE fightpad is just the newer version of the SF series of fightpads. All of them are made by Mad Catz. Mad Catz discontinued the SF fightpads so unless you can find one cheap online, your best bet is the WWE one for $30 at Gamestop (Mad Catz still sells them for $40.) There is a MvC 3 fightpad but it's made by Pelican and it has a small, clicking analog stick instead of a D-Pad.

You're not going to find a third party controller that's wireless on the 360 as Microsoft's wireless technology is proprietary and they don't allow third parties to use it.

As the other poster said, it's great to use on XBLA/Sonic Genesis Collection games as well. As long as it doesn't use both analog sticks it will work.

^^^
Ah ok, I didn't know the WWE Pads were simply reskinned SF4 ones. Good to know.

I saw the Marvel vs Capcom fightpad and I don't like the way the dpad/nub thing looks in videos I have seen. It looks like a shorter analog input and I don't think I would like that.

bread's done
Back