Best Frozen Pizza

Scobie

CAGiversary!
Alright, the weekend is coming up really fast, and I know a lot of CAGs have some hardcore gaming on the agenda. With such busy schedules, frozen pizza can be a real life saver. So which is the best?

Dunno if it's the best, but it's a guilty pleasure.

mama_celeste.jpg

Well, shucks... two responses and neither are options in my poll. Never heard of either of those brands. Are they regionals?

Either Freschetta or (I think it's called) California Pizza Kitchen?? It's like really thin crust but it's not bad.

Cue the food snobs, to tell you all frozen pizza sucks, and that only idiots eat it, while they themselves prefer to take an hour to make from scratch themselves.

I'll go with Red Baron classic style, since I can get 4 for $10.

Delissio Pizza - It's not delivery. It's Delissio!

Everyone has heard this! EVERYONE.
[quote name='Scobie']Yar, but I've never seen it in stores down here, and other Kraft stuff is certainly on the shelves. I need to investigate.[/quote]

[quote name='Moxio']Either Freschetta or (I think it's called) California Pizza Kitchen?? It's like really thin crust but it's not bad.[/QUOTE]

California Pizza Kitchen is pretty good, though all I seem to be able to find around here any more are the large thin crust... I miss the small self-rising ones. Definitely not cheap, though.

[quote name='Scobie']California Pizza Kitchen is pretty good, though all I seem to be able to find around here any more are the large thin crust... I miss the small self-rising ones. Definitely not cheap, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's not very cheap, but it's still less than buying pizza from the chains.

The best frozen pizza is the Freschetta Brick Oven Portabello Mushroom Spinach Alfredo pizza. The only problem with it is the price, like $6. It tastes better than most delivery pizzas.

[quote name='naes']Delissio Pizza - It's not delivery. It's Delissio!

Everyone has heard this! EVERYONE.[/QUOTE]

Oh, wait, wait, wait. You're from Canada! I did a check on the google-dot-com and learned that Delissio and DiGiorno are the same thing -- Delissio is just the Canadian label.

Edit: Late! Thanks, EvilMax!

The California Pizza Kitchen Sicilian style is my favorite by far, but yea they are expensive and I can eat the whole thing by myself. SOOOOO TASTY though.

[quote name='coolcps']The California Pizza Kitchen Sicilian style is my favorite by far, but yea they are expensive and I can eat the whole thing by myself. SOOOOO TASTY though.[/QUOTE]

oh yuss baybee :hot: :hot:

Jack's Self-Rising Cheese pizza. May be a regional thing, but it's damn good. Haven't had any for almost 3 months since I'm trying to eat healthier, but just thinking of it makes the chops water.

[quote name='dastly75']totinos party pizza[/QUOTE]

That's a CAG talkin'!! Back when I was totally poor, the sales on Totino's (was it 10-for-10?) would make me feel like the little rich guy from Monopoly. I'd actually heat them on low in a frying pan covered with tin foil so I didn't have to turn on the oven in the summer and make the place too hot. :)

I voted for Digorno, but Mama Rosa's, I think it is, makes these little 4 packs of refrigerated/frozen (depending on the store) mini-pizzas that I love. They're great in a toaster oven, microwave is obviously trashier but a guilty pleasure for me, for soggy quick pizza. Reminds me of pool snack bars, I think that's what they served, at least around here.

Digornos deep dish is pretty tasty too. And the stuffed crust too. Straight up pepperoni. Nothin else.

[quote name='Scobie']That's a CAG talkin'!! Back when I was totally poor, the sales on Totino's (was it 10-for-10?) would make me feel like the little rich guy from Monopoly. I'd actually heat them on low in a frying pan covered with tin foil so I didn't have to turn on the oven in the summer and make the place too hot. :)[/quote]

Yeah and they were thin and saucy and I used to scruff down one of those in 5 mins.

[quote name='briansraregames']Tombstone cheese stuffed crust supreme. Gotta love that crust.[/QUOTE]

goddam, thank you

i thought i was gonna be the only one who voted for tombstone

great western, great pizza

:cool:

now i have to go out in the rain and get one

[quote name='dastly75']totinos party pizza[/quote]Those are the frozen pizza equivalents of Ramen Noodles. Dirt cheap, and you get what you pay for.

I hate the self-rising ones, the crusts just aren't that good. I'd go with totino's party pizzas as the best, they have a great crust and good toppings. They're just awesome in every way.

(Voted for Red Baron classic, Tony's, and Totino's)

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Those are the frozen pizza equivalents of Ramen Noodles. Dirt cheap, and you get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... but you get yourself a couple Totino's and a properly chilled bottle of Thunderbird, tell your special lady friend it's "Italian night," and see if those panties don't drop.

[quote name='Scobie']Yeah... but you get yourself a couple Totino's and a properly chilled bottle of Thunderbird, tell your special lady friend it's "Italian night," and see if those panties don't drop.[/quote]I could tell my special lady it's "I didn't pay you $25 an hour so you could eat my pizza and drink my booze" night, and those panties would drop.

[quote name='Moxio']Either Freschetta or (I think it's called) California Pizza Kitchen?? It's like really thin crust but it's not bad.[/QUOTE] Whatever it's called (can't remember if that's right or not) it's really good stuff. A bit expensive for thin crust though, since I end up eating twice as much as I would with a freschetta. :lol:

If I was a rich man, and could choose any one I wanted, I would probably pick either a Tombstone Stuffed Crust pepperoni, or the California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken. Too bad both of those are like, $5-6 a piece.

Yet sadly none of these pizzas in the poll can match the greatness of a Heggie's pizza. Real crust, real toppings, nice taste, etc etc etc.

Heggies > *

Thread over.

Considering I just got done eating half of a DiGiorno self-rising pizza, that will get my vote.

But it is my favorite as well, and every now and again a DiGiorno Stuffed Crust isn't bad either.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Cue the food snobs, to tell you all frozen pizza sucks, and that only idiots eat it, while they themselves prefer to take an hour to make from scratch themselves.

I'll go with Red Baron classic style, since I can get 4 for $10.[/QUOTE]

Damn it VG you change what you hate every year. Last year was the EA haters. Now its the "food snobs."

I like DiGiorno. though I try not to eat frozen pizza to much it seems that it has more calories then restaurant pizza.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']California Pizza Kitchen pizzas are the only ones that taste like thet haven't been sitting in a freezer inside a cardboard box to me.[/QUOTE]

Thats only because the stick "fresh" frozen herbs on their pizzas.

[quote name='CitizenB']No love for those shitty $1 pizza's with a pepperoni and 3 strands of cheese.[/QUOTE]

Not really. You'd have to be a fat loser posting on a gaming forum to like those.

bread's done
Back