Best Game Value 2008

BK: N&B since it was already at a bargain price plus it came with a free copy of BK for XBLA and I got $20 off my order since I used BML on Amazon when I bought it with Gears 2 LE.

Although Fallout 3 is also a good bargain since it is such a long game and has some replayability. And I managed to get the CE for only $53.xx.

Also L4D was a bargain at $40 on Amazon and can also be played repeatedly (preferably with friends).

During bg1g, you Could geT GTA 4 7.50. THere's Value. For some reason, some leTTers on my keyboard only work upperCase. Damn Dells.

The best game I paid close to FULL price for was Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The replay value with friends is almost endless and they had plenty of single player quests to accomplish.

I might have voted Rock Band 2, but I would never pay $190 for it. Glad I got mine for $84 final cost at TRU!

Fallout 3 for me by a long shot. I'm about to start my 2nd playthrough because I loved it so much. I'd love it even more without the stupid level cap though.

I'll go ahead and say GTA4. So much game packed into a disc. Seriously, single player alone will keep you busy for 60+ hours easily if you do everything.

After EXTENSIVE playing I can definitely say Burnout Paradise gives the most bang for the buck. I'm over 25 hours and only at 53% and I'm not even close to getting bored with it.

Burnout Paradise! Im not even that big on the Game up I cant think of any other game last year that put out as much free DLC as this one! Way to add value to a game!

Burnout Paradise... it was one of two games that I kept playing due to all the free game updates Criterion puts out. That stuff made the game worth the $60 dollars I paid for it on release truly worth it... and now it could be had for $20! ;)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

It's the largest gaming thread ever on CAG for a reason, and that's because we CAG Smashers rock! :cool:

I'm a Rock Band guy so I had to vote for that, even though the DLC is hurting my credit card bad. In retrospect I think GTA4 is what lived up to its pricetag the most for me.

Grand Theft Auto IV was lasting for the single player experience, the awesome multiplayer, and even trophy support for PS3 when most other companies weren't doing it. Right behind it is Burnout Paradise with great FREE add-on content and trophy support as well.

While I loved LBP, L4D, and RB2 -- it is ultimate Burnout Paradise that wins this category. A game that had me coming back for more, with a year of free content was an amazing job from Criterion. I know they are charging for additional content now, but the added value prior justifies the pricing now.

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts!

Reasons Why:
1. it came out brand new at $39.99
2. it is a character that many of us love from our childhood/teen years
3. Rare always delivers a great gaming experience (sometimes in unexpected ways)
4. the game is so much more than just another upgrade, it is a complete re-imagining of the whole Banjo world.
5. not sure if this counts but I found it at Family Video for $19.99 used *SCORE!* ;)

How did Banjo get on the list? Anyway, Resistance 2 all day everyday. Even though it's not on the list I've been playing the hell out of that since it came out. It really should have been on the list.

I voted for Burnout Paradise. They released a complete game. Then criterion released free content to keep the experience going. I'm giving a developer/publisher mad props for releasing worthwhile content for free when other companies are charging money for useless trash.

Burnout Paradise, all that Free DLC, I actually want to pay for the cars just because of all the frees stuff they gave me.

I had to say Burnout Paradise because...

- It has about 50-60 hours of single player content
- Great multiplayer features
- Continued support throughout the year from Criterion (including the Bikes pack for free)
- It's only $20 now, and was $30 for most of last year

I have to go with Brawl. It's a love letter from Nintendo to all of their fans, and the inclusion of Sonic and Snake are icing on the cake.

bread's done
Back