Best music of the year?

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
THere are alot of singles I liked such as several Killers songs, Mudvayne Songs(Happy owns you), Taproots Calling and Taking Back Sundays Make Damn sure and My Chemical Romances new song Black Sunday.....but there are not many albums that I truely loved the whole thing or most of it. With that being said im wondering what bands/singers you think put out amazing albums this year that deserve attention.

Personally iv only got one CD that stood out to me and that would be Atmospheres you cant imagine how much fun we're having.

A couple CDs I can think of this year that I'm able to listen all the way through and love pretty much all of it are Tool's 10,000 Days, The Killers' Sam's Town, and Gym Class Heroes' As Cruel as School Children.

man, do i hate the freakin' Killers

i also hate Gnarls Barkley and Wolfmother

utter shite (imo)

but i DO like the new Richard Ashcroft, Golden Smog and Cut Chemist CDs

Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor is definitely on the list.
I'm sure that Talib Kweli's Eardrum and Mos Def's Tru3 Magic will make the cut as well when they drop.

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife, I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends, Girl Talk - Night Ripper, Tool - 10,000 Days, Thom Yorke - The Eraser, and In Flames - Come Clarity stand at the top of my list for 2006 (so far... still waiting in eager anticipation for the new Sage Francis album and Ted Leo's new album)... anyway, those are my picks for best music of the year.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']man, do i hate the freakin' Killers

i also hate Gnarls Barkley and Wolfmother

utter shite (imo)

but i DO like the new Richard Ashcroft, Golden Smog and Cut Chemist CDs[/QUOTE]

Wise man on all accounts:)

[quote name='LiquidNight']Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor is definitely on the list.
I'm sure that Talib Kweli's Eardrum and Mos Def's Tru3 Magic will make the cut when as well when they drop.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all accounts, also would like to add that the new bone thugs cd was also very good and that Jay-Z's new one hopefully won't dissapoint in November.

I bought The Blood Brothers' new album, Young Machetes, which released this week.

It leaked a couple of months ago, and I've enjoyed it since.

Peeping Tom self-titled, She Want Revenge self-titled and Rob Zombie's Educated Horses are among some of my other favorites from this year.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor is definitely on the list.
I'm sure that Talib Kweli's Eardrum and Mos Def's Tru3 Magic will make the cut when as well when they drop.[/quote]In this thread, those are the only familiar names. Great artists, too.

well, thats what I get for not refreshing the page! I recognize red hot chilipeppers and jay z.

I'm sure that Talib Kweli's Eardrum and Mos Def's Tru3 Magic will make the cut when as well when they drop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have liek 4 songs off Eardurm. fuckin awesome. Cant wait.

[quote name='Rozz']I haven't bought a single album released in 2006. So far it's been a shitty year for music. I used to enjoy Too $hort but his last few albums have been trash, and his newest album 'Blow the Whistle' is no exception... another steaming pile of shit. I still want to give 'Year of the Dog' by DMX and 'Phantasmore' by Deadsy chances, though. So, yeah, not very much this year....[/QUOTE]

i thought the song Blow The Whistle was great
but that's all i've heard....

i always like to give Short Dogg a chance to impress me

[quote name='PKRipp3r']i thought the song Blow The Whistle was great
but that's all i've heard....

i always like to give Short Dogg a chance to impress me[/quote]
Check out the album 'Cocktails' by Too $hort, it's a funky classic. 'Short Dog's In The House' is also an old-school classic. It blows his releases from 1999-on out of the water.... at least what I've heard of them....

Maybe I am being a little harsh on Too $hort, but I've got high expectations for him.... he's still a cut above all of the mainstream rappers today though.

Uhh I like metal so my tastes are a bit different but here are a few of my picks (metal/hard rock/AOR)

Blind Guardian - A Twist in the Myth : better than the previous disc (Night at the Opera) and alot of imagination and melody in the music.

Sunstorm - Sunstorm - Super smooth AOR music with a great, all around class act vocalist, Joe Lynn Turner.

Poisonblack - Lust, Stained, Despair - Sentenced may be gone, but this band beats the original. Dark, rich goth metal.

Luca Turilli's Dreamquest - their debut with a fantastic singer that beats the tar out of Tarja (Nightwish) and the Evanescence chick... she has one of the greatest voices I have ever heard. Beautiful power metal with original twists... may be my favorite disc of the year.

Ryan Adams - Look Who Got A Website

Haha. Damn that song has been in my head for days. My favorite albums of the year are probably...

Showoff - Waiting For You EP
Butch Walker - Rise & Fall of Butch Walker & the Let's-Go-Out-Tonites
The Pink Spiders - Teenage Graffitti
Stefy - The Orange Album
Morningwood - S/T
The Shy's - Astoria

I would say KT Tunstall's Eye To the Telescope, but I was listening to that last year when it was an import. Weird Al's new disc was pretty funny. I'm sure there are going to be a few more coming out before the end of the year, but who knows what they are.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I very much enjoyed Sufjan Stevens - Come on Feel the Illinoise[/quote]
That was released in 2005. I think...

So far:

The Coup- Pick A Bigger Weapon

Swollen Members- Black Magic

Jurassic 5- Feedback (they've always been solid but this cd does have one really bad song)

Lupe Fiaso to me is way over-rated

Rap is pretty much dead to me, don't know if its just or if it really is dying. Stadium Arcadium has been the best album Ive bought. RHCP for life. Saw them on the stadium arcadium as well. Speaking of that tour...the mars volta...eww awful...I decided to give them a chance, but it don't know, the music is just..."I am not at there level" w/e don't give me that shit...no band is going to sound good with 10 million instruments going...anyway i need to quit rambling. Shout out tot he OP for liking Mudvayne...I met the lead singer, chad...lives in my city...were friends (i wish) okay ill stop. DIG!

Me First and the Gimmee Gimmees - Love Their Country
Senses Fail - Still Searching
Lily Allen - Alright Still
The Hush Sound - Like Vines
Hit the Lights - This is a Stickup Don't Make it a Murder

The Hold Steady - "Boys and Girls in America"

Seriously, people, there is *NO* excuse not to be listening to the Hold Steady... these guys are absolutely phenomenal (killer live shows, too).

There are a couple of free mp3's at their web site:

http://theholdsteady.com/

And some more at the requisite MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/theholdsteady

Best damn rock-n-roll band in the world right now.

Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor
Ghostface Killah's Fishscale
The Roots' Game Theory
Thom Yorke's The Eraser
Arctic Monkeys' Whatever People Say I Am...That's What I'm Not

I can say that I've enjoyed all of those rather thoroughly.

Tv On the radio- return to cookie mountain is the album of the year so far but other great new albums this year are
cursive- happy hollow
tool- 10,000 days
ben kweller- ben kweller
blood brother- young machetes
yeah yeah yeahs- show your bones (some hate on the newest album, but I like it)
the rapture- pieces of the people we love
heavens- patent pending

I am sure I am missing a bunch of albums as well that belong on this list.

I really liked the new Stone Sour album Come Whatever May, and Trivium's The Crusade. My guilty pleasure is that Panic At The Disco

Where are all the Tool fans? I only saw 2, I'm surprised there aren't about 50 of them spouting off about that album.

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife (most anticipated and most wanted)
The World/Inferno Friendship Society - Red Eyed-Soul
Gnarls Barkley (I don't care what people say, I enjoyed it)

QFT

I'm sure that Talib Kweli's Eardrum and Mos Def's Tru3 Magic will make the cut as well when they drop.[/quote]I'm adding Hi-Tek's Hi-Teknology 2: the Chip to my list.

[quote name='raregamergirl']
ben kweller- ben kweller
[/quote]

Great CD, eh? I actually went to see him in Cincinnati last night. My friend works for Marshall University's radio station and she got us free tickets plus an interview with him. We got to check out his tour bus and meet his family. He's a really cool guy and was really down to earth.

For my list? I would have to say,

Ben Kweller- Ben Kweller
The Pink Spiders- Teenage Graffiti
Thom Yorke- The Eraser
Beck- The Information
Jurassic 5- Feedback

These are just the few I can think of off the top of my head.

Mastodon - Blood Mountain
K-OS - Atlantis
Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
The Hold Steady - Boy and Girls of America

2006 has been a great year.

Street Dogs - Fading American Dream
Bouncing Souls - The Gold Record
Strike Anywhere - Dead FM
None More Black - This Is Satire
Sick of It All - Death To Tyrants
Ignite - Our Darkest Days

there's actually been some good stuff that has come out this year. these are my six favorite releases thus far:

-the blow - paper television
-the bronx - s/t
-camille - le fil
-neko case - fox confessor brings the flood
-the pipettes - we are the pipettes
-russian circles - enter

bread's done
Back