Best Online Game Retailer 2007

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above voting system, cast your votes for Best Online Retailer.
This award goes to the best overall online video game retailer in 2007.

Last year's winner:
Best Online Game Retailer: Amazon.com

The EBgames.com dynasty is officially over. After wearing the crown for the last 3 years, their acquisition by GameStop was just too much to overcome. After the acquisition was complete, EBgames.com was reduced to being merely a mirror of GameStop.com. Luckily for the CAGs, Amazon was able to take over where EB left off, offering lots of great deals, an easy to navigate website, and great customer service. There were many concerns when Amazon and Toys R Us (their primary seller of video games) parted ways, but clearly Amazon did not disappoint. Amazon started selling video games directly and the deals continued to blossom. Congratulations to Amazon on your three prestigous Cheapy Awards!

I vote amazon again. I got so much junk from them last year: no tax, free shipping, awesome deals. Still my fave online retailer by a mile.

Amazon is unbeatable right now IMO.

The DOTD - Sometimes it sucks, but it is often an amazing deal for new and old games. And it is every single day.

They frequently drop prices on games at random, or have B2G1 type sales. During the holiday season there was a new amazon sale in the deals forum every couple hours it seemed like

They often match weekly ad pricing on the website.

They are very good about refunding money if the price is lower within 30 days.

They have great customer service from my experience.

No tax and free shipping for $25+

Amazon. Good prices on a lot of things, nice customer service, a wide selection of games, free shipping on a lot of things, etc.

My nomination: Amazon.com

I'm in CA so tax on Amazon. I'd have to say Best Buy has provided me my best deals. USPS final delivery so I actually get my stuff rather than UPS/FED EX leaving a sticky on my door and $38 COD4 and $15 Invasion on DVD is hard to beat.

While I'd vote Amazon over this one, I'll throw in Buy.com for ease of use, flexibility to accept paypal as a payment, and quick shipping.

i LOVE Amazon! i bought so many games from this in 2007 and never had any problems. :D

Amazon.com for me. The amount of stuff I've bought from there in 2007 truly scares me. :shock:

Having Amazon Prime + B1G1's on HD DVD's & BR's + matching most retail deals is a wallet-destroying combination.

Amazon.com
with their deal's of the day (Halo 3 legendary for 60 bucks, free shipping, xbox controller with play and charge for 39 bucks shipped) any MANY others too numerious to mention, they get my vote

I hereby nominate:

- Amazon.com
For consistently having DOTD, price matching B&M sales, having free/quick/quality shipping, and great customer service.

I am addicted to Amazon.com. I go there several times a day to check out DOTD and Gold Box deals. No place better.

Amazon. I think the delivery man has a special section in his truck for all my Amazon purchases.

bread's done
Back