Best Online Game Retailer 2008

Definitely newegg.com for me. They stood up to New York state's ludicrous tax law and no longer charge New York state residents sales tax on orders. Newegg prices are usually a couple dollars cheaper than Amazon, they often have good sales, and had a decent Black Friday. Also, they have free shipping on ALL their games, and I get it in a couple days compared to Amazon's free shipping on orders over 25 dollars which can take a week or more to get delivered.

Amazon by a mile. Again, did all my shopping their this christmas season. Didn't go anywhere else. Didn't need to. Price matching plus killer sales of their own makes them the best.

Amazon. They really tapped into that market last year. The Black Friday sales were fantastic! Free shipping over $25 (which means nearly every game) is great too!

Amazon came through for me with their Gold Box and deals of the day, which I heard about from this site. I already like them for preordering books and being charged the lowest amount from when I could preorder until the item shipped. While I didn't save as much as I could have if I could have woken up at 6am on Black Friday and managed to plow through crowds to get one of the three guaranteed to be in stock, it was better than any other sale I saw that year.

jellyfish.com probably doesn't count, but it was fantastic for getting cheap new games until they drastically minimized their operations for a restructuring that has been going on for 6 months now.

Got GTA4 and MGS4 for

bread's done
Back