Best Online Game Retailer 2011

Best Buy.

Followed by NewEgg.

Amazon only matched. Thus to me can't win. It took pitchforks to get a deal on BF3. Holiday season was a complete bust for them.

This one is tough for me because I wasn't really able to take advantage of any of those BB DOTD deals. Some of those sold out really quick, maybe too quick, so I'm going to go with Amazon. They are just very consistent and I have no problems with them that they aren't able to make right. BB is definitely now a contender though.

Amazon again. Consistency and high quality are the keywords for me.

BB did a late surge, but one month does not a year make. They seem to be showing a willingness to compete now, so maybe next year...

[quote name='gunm']This one is tough for me because I wasn't really able to take advantage of any of those BB DOTD deals. Some of those sold out really quick, maybe too quick[/QUOTE]

This was the main problem with Best Buy. I hope this year they have great deals that everyone can take advantage of instead of mainly those who were online at the right time.

Man, I love Amazon, but Best Buy killed it this year, coming on strong in the last two months. Gotta go with Best Buy.

Amazon shades it here, simply because they delivered for me every single time this year.

Best Buy comes in a very close second, though. Just a shame about the slow, slow shipping.

Amazon

Followed closely by walmart.com. Bought a few games for a very low price that even amazon couldn't match.

Amazon for the variety of deals throughout the year (gotta love the free-app-a-day run), least of which were console games, if only because the price-match 'button' doesn't always produce the desired results.

Amazon.

Best Buy had better BF/Holiday deals, but Amazon was way better and came through for me all year long. Also, Prime =

Amazon wins every year, and I really think their deals have went a tiny bit downhill in 2011.

Now, Best Buy got me Saints Row: The Third for 30 dollars and Steel Diver for 5

I'm throwing my vote in for BB, although Gamefly certainly deserves an honorable mention.

Amazon. I had a buncha credit with them, so by using their promotional credits with some new release games I basically made my own 'coupon train' and managed to get 5 releases at launch for about $160-180 in credit.

I got Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, Arkham City, Lord Of The Rings: War In The North and Saint's Row 3 all at release thanks to $10-20 credits that the prior game in the chain had.

That reminds me, I have a $10 promo credit sitting on my account I better use up.

bread's done
Back