Best Place to get Wii for NONPREORDERS???

nefaquotek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Basically I didn't preorder at TRU or GS/EB........ why? doesn't matter. I didn't.

I heard that BEst Buy is the place to go to find a nonpreorder, nonbundled Wii. SO I ask...

What other places might be good... Target? ,Walmart (which I heard just ran out of preorders AND they're bundled), Circuit City and Sam's Club........

Any idea? Quite frankly I want to secure a Wii and a copy of Zelda on launch and I have no idea where I should go first. I dont want to find out that the place is only doing bundles or that the only took in preorders.

Thank you for your time.

Wal-Mart's preorders went up about 2:40/2:41 central time and were sold out by 2:42.

All that indicates to be is that you won't be able to just walk in and get a Wii, not early on anyway. Even if a store does non-preorder sales, you'll have to fight eBay scalpers who have nothing better to do.

Basically, you'll have the same amount of luck no matter where you go as long as they didn't take any preorders. You might want to check Target, I heard they were getting a large allocation of Wiis.

[quote name='nefaquotek'],Walmart (which I heard just ran out of preorders AND they're bundled)[/QUOTE]

That was online - stores are not doing pre-orders and will not be selling bundles.

Thanks for all the info........ Hopefully I'll find one. I would actually be happy if I can't find a Wii within the first week. Might mean more games from third parties in the future suggesting the momentum stayed.

I'm still betting on being able to go to Best Buy or Walmart at open on Sunday that you'll be able to score one. If not.. I'm thinking we'll see them restocked again in stores that week for the Thanksgiving sales... god knows I won't want to try and get one from a store that day though...

[quote name='ahmedmalik']NEWSFLASH! Walk up to a Toys R Us. You'll get one. Trust me.[/QUOTE]

I thought they sold out their pre-orders...

get the costco bundle. Get all of your consoles at costco, if they ever break you can bring it back for a full refund(keep the receipt and all other docs)

Target on launch day. Apply for their card, get 10% off. Buy 3 games and get a $20 gift card. Total average savings of about $65.

You can even get a full 3 year protection warranty for $30.

Seems like the way I'm gonna roll.

[quote name='Apossum']I thought they sold out their pre-orders...[/quote]

They did, but each Toys R Us will get more than their pre-order allotment for those of us who didn't pre-order.

[quote name='Strell']Target on launch day. Apply for their card, get 10% off. Buy 3 games and get a $20 gift card. Total average savings of about $65.

Seems like the way I'm gonna roll.[/QUOTE]

By card, you mean the Target credit card right? I hadn't heard about this before. Why does it take 10% off? Thanks ahead of time for the info.

[quote name='Strell']Target on launch day. Apply for their card, get 10% off. Buy 3 games and get a $20 gift card. Total average savings of about $65.

Seems like the way I'm gonna roll.[/QUOTE]

on top of the other guy's question, is it safe to sign up then cancel immediately? this would affect your credit rating right? mine's pretty solid and I don't wanna fuck it up for $25 off a system.

You put it on the card, you pay it off, and then can either cancel it or just keep it around.

I asked my mom about this - the goddess of shopping - and she says it would make your credit rating better. That having more credit to your name is apparently a good thing.

I'd probably want second and third opinions though.

i haven't managed to get a preorder.. and i tried... heh...... so i'ma be in line with my buddies at best buy for a night or two.

[quote name='Strell']You put it on the card, you pay it off, and then can either cancel it or just keep it around.

I asked my mom about this - the goddess of shopping - and she says it would make your credit rating better. That having more credit to your name is apparently a good thing.

I'd probably want second and third opinions though.[/quote]I believe that the initial hit of a new credit inquiry (for approval) and the opening of an additional line of credit doesn't looks so hot (so don't do it when you're planning on looking for financing for a car or mortage or something), but if it's something you use wisely and pay off, it should work to build your credit rating.

It's usually only bad if you open a bunch of lines of credit.

this looks promising. how long does the whole process take? it's been about 7 years since I've applied for a card.
...cause I wanna run in there and ensure that I get a system.

Signing up for a Target card only takes 2 minutes. You do it right on the little credit card machine. Come to my register and get one so I get credit for it. ;)

I think its insane how crazy this hype is getting. There is a surplus of systems. I've got my own sources from Toys R Us and just because Nintendo is putting out press releases saying "OMFG! We're gonna run out of systems!!!!", doesn't mean a damn thing. They did the same thing with the N64! Calm the hell down!

If you walk up to a Toys R Us with-in a reasonable amount of time, you will walk away with a Nintendo Wii. A three day wait in line will only make you feel like an ass when the next fourty people in line behind you also get one. There is no reason to get a new credit card or anything, short of if you don't have cash up front for the machine. Stop being retarded.

You will get a Nintendo Wii.

][/B]If you walk up to a Toys R Us with-in a reasonable amount of time, you will walk away with a Nintendo Wii. A three day wait in line will only make you feel like an ass when the next fourty people in line behind you also get one. There is no reason to get a new credit card or anything, short of if you don't have cash up front for the machine. Stop being retarded.
The point of the credit card is saving 10%.

[quote name='daroga']The point of the credit card is saving 10%.[/quote]

Even then, this is crazy. It's pretty much common knowledge that there will be enough Wii systems but its like some people can't process that information. God knows they've been stocking the system up since June.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Even then, this is crazy. It's pretty much common knowledge that there will be enough Wii systems but its like some people can't process that information. God knows they've been stocking the system up since June.[/QUOTE]

Dude.

Save 10%.

That has nothing to do with number of systems.

I can take that $25 and buy probably 40 games or so thanks to CAG.

don't cancel a credit card EVER (unless your identity is stolen, etc). Just kill the balance and never use it again, and they'll close it due to inactivity, and this is much better for your credit. Go ask your banker if you don't believe me.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I think its insane how crazy this hype is getting. There is a surplus of systems. I've got my own sources from Toys R Us and just because Nintendo is putting out press releases saying "OMFG! We're gonna run out of systems!!!!", doesn't mean a damn thing. They did the same thing with the N64! Calm the hell down!

If you walk up to a Toys R Us with-in a reasonable amount of time, you will walk away with a Nintendo Wii. A three day wait in line will only make you feel like an ass when the next fourty people in line behind you also get one. There is no reason to get a new credit card or anything, short of if you don't have cash up front for the machine. Stop being retarded.

[/quote]
Why were the pre-order numbers so small at Toys R Us, though?

Not at all doubting what you're saying (hey, I have no sources, I know nothing beyond what we've seen via pre-orders), but rather, I'm curious - was it to just create hype or was it a matter of Toys R Us being conservative just in case?

Me personally, if I do make the big day-long (or whatever) wait for the Wii only to see the the next 40 people behind me get one, I won't care, honestly...won't feel like an ass at all, because it'd be a matter of me playing it safe just in case, and because I figure it'll be a fun experience...plus I'll get a kick out of being able to get mine ASAP when they open, no doubt!

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Even then, this is crazy. It's pretty much common knowledge that there will be enough Wii systems but its like some people can't process that information. God knows they've been stocking the system up since June.[/quote]
if you can give some hard numbers, that would be awsome, otherwise you have an opinion but no facts. Thier may be enuff, then again thier may not be enuff. We just dont know do we? some of us dont want to risk it, thats all.

I do not mind being made the fool as long as i have a wii, would you wish to be a fool and in addition, not have a wii?

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']http://gonintendo.com/?p=7815

So it looks like each Wal-Mart will have a minimum of 20 units, that's pretty good.

Hopefully each Toys R Us gets similar numbers or more, but I'll wait anyway just to be safe! :)[/QUOTE]

is that a nationwide midnight launch?

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I think its insane how crazy this hype is getting. There is a surplus of systems. I've got my own sources from Toys R Us and just because Nintendo is putting out press releases saying "OMFG! We're gonna run out of systems!!!!", doesn't mean a damn thing. They did the same thing with the N64! Calm the hell down!

[/QUOTE]
Saying you've got sources and not giving any verification doesn't do much to support your argument.

Besides, going from recent history, they WILL run out of systems at launch. Unless I'm missing something, I believe that all of the major consoles and handhelds (the N-Gage isn't major in any sense of the word) launched in recent years sold out at launch, regardless of performance afterwards.

[quote name='Scotty P']don't cancel a credit card EVER (unless your identity is stolen, etc). Just kill the balance and never use it again, and they'll close it due to inactivity, and this is much better for your credit. Go ask your banker if you don't believe me.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of the bank/credit card company closing an account for you because of inactivity. When my parents did a credit history check last year, they found they had accounts open that hadn't been used in like twelve years. It's hard on your overall credit to have too many lines open at once, so that's probably the worst advice I've ever heard.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Saying you've got sources and not giving any verification doesn't do much to support your argument.

Besides, going from recent history, they WILL run out of systems at launch. Unless I'm missing something, I believe that all of the major consoles and handhelds (the N-Gage isn't major in any sense of the word) launched in recent years sold out at launch, regardless of performance afterwards.[/QUOTE]

I believe that this wave of "sell it for profit on eBay!" garbage is going to wipe the initial shipments off the markert in a matter of minutes. These people are going to create a shortage, and probably end up with the profits they expected. It sucks for everyone else, though, because all else considered supply should be ample. The primary market is going to be wiped out simply to fill the secondary.

[/QUOTE]

and this establishes authority how?

thanks for your empty post.

Thanks once more for everyone that replied.

I never buy consoles at launch and occasionally my paranoia comes to haunt me. There'll probably be enough Wiis on launch and afterwards but it'd be real nice if demand equaled supplied.

OH and ya 62 games is absolutely incredible but not enough. It's never enough. Which is why I'm sad that Wii Play is still not announced for the States.

[quote name='defiance_17']I've never heard of the bank/credit card company closing an account for you because of inactivity. When my parents did a credit history check last year, they found they had accounts open that hadn't been used in like twelve years. It's hard on your overall credit to have too many lines open at once, so that's probably the worst advice I've ever heard.[/quote]

QFT

They can close them for inactivity, though it's uncommon.
They can also close them after you pay off your balance and no longer want to pay 25% interest [Crapital One can go to hell].
To an extent, having available credit is good. It's better than having 99% of your credit used. But it's also not great to have 50k in limit but only use 500$ of it, both because of the risk of ID theft, and in case you spend it all and run.
And each credit score company makes up their own rules.

[quote name='Scotty P']don't cancel a credit card EVER (unless your identity is stolen, etc). Just kill the balance and never use it again, and they'll close it due to inactivity, and this is much better for your credit. Go ask your banker if you don't believe me.[/quote]
No, you need to close accounts you don't use. Having too many revolving credit accounts looks bad, even if they're not used. Try and buy a house or a car with several accounts even if they're closed, and watch yourself paying a higher intrest rate.

[quote name='coltcannon']We all know no one here would buy a house with out using the GGC or edge card to offset those high rates.[/quote]

Have to love Best Buy's Home Mortage rates.

I am not stressing about it. Nintendo launches in the past have had plenty of extras so as long as you get there on release day you should be fine. I plan on trying Walmart at night and if no luck, then in the morning at Toys R Us (since they are the official Wii headquarters).

Now if you were aiming for a PS3... it will be near impossible to find without a preorder.

[quote name='screwkick']No, you need to close accounts you don't use. Having too many revolving credit accounts looks bad, even if they're not used. Try and buy a house or a car with several accounts even if they're closed, and watch yourself paying a higher intrest rate.[/QUOTE] This is wrong.

If you have open credit cards with no balance, it is MUCH better for your credit rating than closing that card.

Your credit to debt ratio makes a difference.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Yo just a heads up, the FYE by me still has tons of preorders left so I'd recommend maybe checking out your local FYE[/quote]
In the same position as OP. Called 3 different FYEs. All sold out.

[quote name='Strell']You put it on the card, you pay it off, and then can either cancel it or just keep it around.

I'd probably want second and third opinions though.[/quote]
That's not entirely true.

General bank credit cards are fine. STORE credit cards, like a Target Visa or whatever it is, are NOT good for your credit rating. Having a bunch of store cards actually works against you.

Second, closing a card out also can hurt your credit rating.

If you're only interested in having decent enough credit to get OTHER cards you'll be fine, but when you go to buy a house, your mortgage rate (if you're approved) will be higher, the worse your rating is.

[quote name='lordopus99']I am not stressing about it. Nintendo launches in the past have had plenty of extras so as long as you get there on release day you should be fine. [/quote]

Haha, weren't around for the N64 launch, I take it?

[quote name='Lew Zealand']Haha, weren't around for the N64 launch, I take it?[/QUOTE]

I was. Santa gave me a raincheck for Christmas, LOL :oops:

This is why I'm slightly nervous about the Wii. I really just want one. That's all. Especially since that week is Thanksgiving week..and I have about 5 1/2 days off from work? I want my Wii. Seriously. I will be willing to sleep with anyone for it (and sadly i'll be going to WalMart to get it..lol)

Yeah N64 was very hard to find at launch. I pre-ordered the system at TRU and I think they sold out of pre-orders and didn't have the system for sale for non-preorders for months. What was awesome was that my local TRU broke the street date and I got the system w/ Mario 64 on Friday the 27th instead of the official release date of Sunday the 29th. I can't believe that was 10 years ago already!

bread's done
Back