Best Root Beer?

mentos888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
:) Hey all, I grew up on root beer and pretty much drank all the generic/canned stuff. But lately, I've been searching for the best root beer out there. So far, I'm thinking of trying Virgils, Gale's, and Henry Weinhards since supposedly they are the best....

CAGs, Which is Your Personal Favorite Root Beer of All Time?

I'm not experienced with Root Beer. Best I've had is, as someone noted, a Mexican Soda type, as they use real sugar instead of HFCS.

[quote name='ian1418']Abita. It is made with artesian spring water and cane sugar. Really good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is pretty damn good.

One beer bar I used to frequent before moving would occasionally have a root beer on tap, and that was one of the better ones. I think there was one I liked more, but I can't recall the name--probably had too many real beers after it!

[quote name='javeryh']No love for Stewart's? It is the best, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Stewart's is definitely the best!

Henry Weinhard's is the best bottle.

Barq's is the best can.

A&W is the best draft. (You have to go to an A&W though)

[quote name='shieryda']Now I want some root beer. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been to Berghoff on W. Adams in downtown Chicago? They make their own root beer. Grab that and and a roast beef sandwich. Holy shit its good. ;)

[quote name='TC']Have you ever been to Berghoff on W. Adams in downtown Chicago? They make their own root beer. Grab that and and a roast beef sandwich. Holy shit its good. ;)[/QUOTE]

I haven't yet, but when I lived in Madison, that Berghoff shit was everywhere.

I should try that.

Boylan is my favorite, not sure how easy it is to find but it's great. I tried Virgil's and it was okay, still I thought Boylan was better. IBC is the best mainstream root beer. I like my soda out of a glass, none of that can shit.

Bargs is just plain barf. It tastes too manufactured.

Sprecher's is nice, but my favorite is 1919 Root Beer. It is made by Schell's Brewery, and it can only be purchased by the keg, so you have to find it on tap somewhere or buy a growler of it at a liquor store.

[quote name='c0rnpwn']Stewart's is definitely the best![/QUOTE]

Stewart's is amazing!
My favorite for sure and from my hometown Mansfield, Ohio.

[quote name='Rodimus']Bargs is just plain barf. It tastes too manufactured.[/QUOTE]

Barqs tastes more like cola than root beer to me.

I think Barq's is the best can, A&W tastes like drinking imitation vanilla extract...
for bottles, the store next to where I used to live sold Sioux City Sasparilla, which I thought was awesome, but I haven't had one in like 10 years

bread's done
Back