Best stores (other than Ebay) to use Paypal money

menchirox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I've been looking for other ways to use my paypal credit (besides ebay) and the only stores that i've seen so far worth glancing at are

buy.com
overstock.com
itunes.com (thanks ViperX116)
newegg.com (thanks ViperX116)
yesasia.com
jrstoyworld.com (sells transformers, other toys...)
bigbadtoystore.com (sells transformers...)
liksang.com (thanks FriskyTanuki)
coolstuffinc.com (sells magic cards, thanks urzishra14)
consolesource.com (sells modships, thanks Oktoberfest)
meritline.com (sells DVD-Rs, thanks Oktoberfest)
audiocubes.com (thanks vherub)

Can anyone add any other reputable sites to this list?

List of stores that DO NOT accept paypal:

deepdiscountdvd.com
outpost.com (fry's)
amazon.com
bn.com
ebgames.com
gamestop.com
hasbrotoyshop.com
circuitcity.com
walmart.com (on a side note, they do accept multiple walmart gift cards...)

why don't you use the paypal virtual credit card? can use it anywhere visa is accepted on the net. I've done it before on sites that didn't accept paypal.

[quote name='zackattack']why don't you use the paypal virtual credit card? can use it anywhere visa is accepted on the net. I've done it before on sites that didn't accept paypal.[/QUOTE]

Not all of us have banking accounts or whatever.

Yep, I've used it at circuitcity.com, no problems. The only thing is that if you choose in-store pick-up, they will ask you for the card you used, or the number. Since it stays the same, just write it down and you'll be fine.

[quote name='help1']Not all of us have banking accounts or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Wachovia offers a free checking account with no minimum balance required. If you don't have a checking account because you have a previous charged off bank account, you will need a bank that does not verify your account against SCAN, Telecheck, or ChexSystems. They do exist. If I remember correctly, E-Trade's online bank doesn't use any of these services to check pre-existing charge offs. Also, even with a charge off at another bank, banks will usually allow you to get at least a savings account.

/used to work for a bank.. hated it..

you're welcome oktoberfest...that's why i created this thread in the 1st place...

thanks for the other sites guys! I've updated the OP.

The virtual credit card mentioned above doesn't have to have anything at all to do with a bank account I don't believe. The funds are actually drawn from money that you would have already in your paypal account. If you overdraw, the balance would be tacked onto your credit card. At no point does the money come out of your "bank account" . I have used this service a million times for tons of places that don't actually accept Paypal. The only drawback I've ever found is that if you need a verification number you don't have one, as Paypal only assigns you a virtual card number and expiration date.

If you're into comic trade paperpacks or graphic novels or manga, www.talesofwonder.com is a great store, at least 30% off MSRP for almost everything. They charge shipping though, kinda hefty, but their packaging is unbeatable.

Also www.aznfilms.com is another US based store that sells authentic Asian dvd's. Been pretty reliable the few times I've ordered from them.

Stupid question, but the advantage to using pay pal over credit/debit is that you don't send out any card info, correct? Or is it something else. I'm going to open a paypal account soon after I get my debit card in the mail.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Stupid question, but the advantage to using pay pal over credit/debit is that you don't send out any card info, correct? Or is it something else. I'm going to open a paypal account soon after I get my debit card in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time I just have $100+ in cash from selling stuff. Good to know newegg and buy.com accept paypal

That's one reason I like paypal. Instead of having your cc # on file at numerous online stores, you can just have it on file on paypal.

But one issue is that you would actually end up paying (funds actually deducted through paypal, whether it's your cc, dc, bank acct, paypal funds, etc.) first before the store actually ships out your order. Whereas other stores charge your cc after they've shipped.

That might bother some people especially if the store takes a few days before shipping. If you're ok with that, then paypal is pretty convenient.

bread's done
Back