BestBuy All Pro Football 2K8 $2 YMMV (cheaper than half a gallon of gas)

diablofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I go to the Norwalk, CT BestBuy near my work almost every week. and every week the clearance table has the All Pro Football 2k8 for $10

today they got dropped to $2. But being the most anti-football person in the states i still couldn't convince myself grab it. I am wondering however, if this game can be traded into GameStop for more than $2...

On the clearance table:
PS3 APF 2k8 $2 (about 5 copies)
X360 APF 2k8 $2 (about 15 copies)
Halo 3 Edition Wireless Controller (w/Master Chief figurine) $40

YMMV and may not be nationwide. but i thought this game has been on clearance for the longest time now, just not this low.

Poor 2K sports... that NFL license must be doing wonders for EA.

It's been on clearance at my BB for $10 also... And nobody bought any copies because either they don't care of they can't see it (there's a guide rack overhang that covers the top row of games). But if it dropped to $2 also, i'll definitely pick it up.

Maybe we can start a thing like with Bioshock? I'm going to look at my Bestbuy this weekend, but if they don't have it, could you put me down for 1?

[quote name='bfauble83']I paid $20 for it a few months ago and I like it. The menu system sucks, but i really like the gameplay.[/quote]

i read it's not a bad game and that it's better than Madden 08. just that EA has the exclusive NFL license with Madden and that 2K is suffering because of the lack of the official endorsement.

even though i don't play football games, i think it's a shame.

rofl that is my local best buy... i thought i was the only CAGer in this area hehe

they were $5 bucks there the other day when i was there... i might pick one up for 2 bucks...

[quote name='richierich']It's a good game if you've ever enjoyed past 2k football games. And yeah F* the NFL for making their license exclusive.[/quote]

Fixed it for you.

Anyway, I would buy this for $2, no doubt.

[quote name='richierich']on Bestbuy clearance tables, are the games marked?[/quote]

this specific BB has a table with a sign that will tell you the price of the game, and usually whatever else... the paper sign will be hanging from the table with the price.

[quote name='iHack']rofl that is my local best buy... i thought i was the only CAGer in this area hehe

they were $5 bucks there the other day when i was there... i might pick one up for 2 bucks...[/quote]

i guess you still are! lol. i don't live there, i live in Queens, NYC. but i go there twice or thrice a week for a client of mine up there

let's hold off until they give these babies out for free :D

[quote name='richierich']on Bestbuy clearance tables, are the games marked?[/quote]

it is on a clearance table near the video game section clearly marked by a sign next to it

APF 2k8 $2
XBOX 360 WIRELESS CONTROLLER HALO3 EDITION $40

[quote name='diablofreak']i guess you still are! lol. i don't live there, i live in Queens, NYC. but i go there twice or thrice a week for a client of mine up there

let's hold off until they give these babies out for free :D[/quote]

LMAO... would rock if they dropped them again just for laughs hehe

Just bought 2 copies of the PS3 version for $4.24... this is official but it is DEF YMMV... They rang up 10 bucks a pop at the register and then a manager came over for approval. They know me there as an ass because I got into an argument about the penny guides, they neverrr have them anymore :>

but yeah there was about 15 copies of the 360 version and about 3 left of the PS3 version... Maybe other BB's are doing this? I wouldn't know.

Oh, awesome. Two dollars? Sure. Why not? I loved the NFL 2K series, and this should at least feature the same gameplay.

Wow. I find football pretty boring, but I considered buying this game after finding out they named one of the stadiums Wolfram & Hart. If I see it for $2, who knows?

[quote name='joker______']can some one scan their receipt so we could PM[/quote]

as requested... this is the ps3 version, i no longer own a 360 so didn't pick that copy up...

I'd take this for $2 for 360 if anyone can get me one. PayPal or CML!

What a sad fate for this game. Then again it was getting marked down right after release so you knew eventually it would come to this.

since everyone else is askin', i could e-mail a $10 gift card for BB if someone would pick up and mail me a copy for the 360

[quote name='richierich']It's a good game if you've ever enjoyed past 2k football games. And yeah F* EA for buying the NFL license.[/quote]

Don't blame EA. The NFL put this up for bidding and EA was the high bidder. If anything take up your gripe with the NFL.

I'll check, going in the direction of BB tonight.
Didn't like the demo, but I loved 2k5, so I'll give it another shot.

I was at my BB today and it was strange. The PS3 APF2K8s were still under the overhang for $10. They still had the same amount as before. Then, as I'm going up to pay for my stuff, I notice they have them clearanced for $20 on another wall right in front of the registers. No wonder nobody is buying it for $10! You could get it for $20 and not have to deal with carrying it from the game department to the register!

[quote name='iHack']as requested... this is the ps3 version, i no longer own a 360 so didn't pick that copy up...

2w4elqx.jpg
[/quote]

thanks alot man

[quote name='Lost Loser']Wow. I find football pretty boring, but I considered buying this game after finding out they named one of the stadiums Wolfram & Hart. If I see it for $2, who knows?[/quote]

Whoa, they did, aye? Well now, that just makes it a must-find for me. :hot:

[quote name='joker______']thanks alot man[/quote]

np man... let me know how it works out, the best buy there has some real douche bags and prob wouldn't let me price match anything, but GL to it...

bread's done
Back