BestBuy August 2010 RZ Gamer Club Deals - Tekken 6 (360) $10

hobomatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Looks like there's only one set of coupons for August. Enjoy.

8/1-8/14

Get 150 points on these titles:

• NCAA Football 11' :ps3::360::ps2:
  • StarCraft II :pc:
Save $5 on these select titles:

• Little League World Series Baseball: Double Play :wii::ds:
  • Little League World Series Baseball 2010 :360::ps3:
Save $10 on these select titles:

• Brutal Legend :360::ps3:
  • Green Day: Rockband :360::ps3::wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Nier :360::ps3:
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City :ps3:
Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Medal of Honor :360::ps3::pc: (Available 10/12)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
On request from Jodou:
$5 Coupon
$10 Coupon
$20 Coupon

Thanks to FatBoyInside for providing the layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually been posted about 5 times today.

They have all been merged (or at least most of them) into the RZ Gamer's Club thread because the Tekken 6 thing has been discussed for awhile in that thread already, so this one may get merged or may just get deleted.

Good effort though, but most of the RZ Gamer's Club deals will be posted in that thread.

Yeah me too. I've make the "mistake" of creating a new thread that has already been posted. It's too bad when deals are posted pages into a thread. It makes it impossible for the search to find them.
I now know there is a reward zone thread though.

[quote name='OneSickFX']It had orginally rang up as $0, they didnt know that do at that point. So Basically after a while of talking they wound up Manually Entering $9.99.[/QUOTE]

I think his point was this, though - scan Tekken (29.99), scan another game/item, then the RZ coupon. Total will not be $0, but I'm sure the higher the better. Whether that works is the big question since I always do my coupons last.

Hmm, might have to try for a free Tekken tomorrow with a filler item. Also, I know the coupon says limit one, but did anyone today try getting more than one per transaction? Might have to try that too, see what happens...

Going to check this out tomorrow.

And yeah, with the exception of the excellent Xbox live sale thread, most of the all-in-one posts are way more of a hindrance than a help.

They must be mistaking it, the game is $29.99 reg priced now and they put up a $30 off coupon... Bestbuy and their Coupon errors...
Dunno if ill try to get one free, but I will def try to get one at $9.99 tomorrow

Figures since I picked this game up about a month ago. It's fun and the campaign is interesting despite the problems with the mechanics during group fighting.

How do you get to the Tekken Coupon on the site? I can see where it talks about the offer, but can't see anywhere to actually print it (besides the direct link).

I plan to print it in-store later on today.

Jesus, count me asleep at the wheel! $10 for Tekken? Gonna have to read some pages now!! Hope this is hassle free..

edit: how has nobody walked out with this for free if it zero's out when they hit total? If you can slide it by the cashier..or when they changed the coupon, is it coming up as $9.99??

Last edited by a moderator:
The one on my way home from work doesn't have it in stock, so I guess I won't be getting it today. But if the one down the street the OTHER way from my house has it tomorrow, I may get it then.

...as I go to Toys R Us to get another game for $10 off.

Kind of sucks Best Buy closes when I get off of work, so would have to leave early.

$10 is tempting though. Might have to bite although I never cared much for Tekken.

Need to hear from the front lines from those trying to get Tekken free as Best Buys open on the East Coast. Is it ringing up free or $9.99? I have a feeling it will still be $9.99 because I thought BB changed all of these coupons to ring up at a certain price rather than dollars off.

When the cashier scanned the coupon yesterday it showed the description of the coupon of 'Get Tekken6 for 9.99' but does not adjust the price - he had to override the price to 9.99. I tried to use the Halo Reach card to get it for free but was denied so YMMV on that, at least I used my $5 reward zone to bring it to $4.99.

[quote name='mwc547']Damn I just found Tekken at Target for 9.98 and now I could have bought it for possibly $0.[/QUOTE]

no dude, you couldn't. just be happy you got it for 9.98 at target.

I got the PDF from another forum. Just came back from the Best Buy in Yonkers, NY. They have about 6 left on the shelf as of 10 minutes ago.

And, as expected, the cashier didn't 'believe' the coupon and actually asked ME if he was reading it correctly. LOL! After getting a manager, I walked out with the game. Best Buy cracks me up. They make their own coupons but barely support them. :)

My Best Buy in TX refused to sell it to me. There was no manager in the store at 5:50pm yesterday to override the price. The checker didnt believe the coupon even though it rang up in their system (albeit at a zero deduction).
They only had 2 in the store.

OK, so is the coupon deducting $0 off the game or is it ringing the game up as $0. So many conflicting reports it's retarded.

Just went to BB to pick up Dexter season 4, glad I saw this thread before, ended up getting Tekken 6 as well. Thanks OP!

[quote name='austenwithane']So I just got back from BB - the coupon scanned but deducted 0 from the price - had to get a manager to over ride it to 9.99[/QUOTE]
Blah, well so much for more free games this week. Ah well, thanks for clearing this up.

Too bad this didn't retain the $40 price tag, because it would have worked with the cross promo for a $25 GC.

So now you all are saying that scanning the coupon does nothing automatic in the system? It's just there to be shown to be manually adjusted to $9.99?

[quote name='dieresis']So now you all are saying that scanning the coupon does nothing automatic in the system? It's just there to be shown to be manually adjusted to $9.99?[/QUOTE]
Correct. And in my case, they didnt wanrt to do the manual adjustment.

[quote name='dieresis']So now you all are saying that scanning the coupon does nothing automatic in the system? It's just there to be shown to be manually adjusted to $9.99?[/QUOTE]
Well, BB in all their infinite incompetence dropped the price to $30, so that's screwing up the coupon apparently. I'll still give it a shot after work, but I fully expect to be denied a free game.

[quote name='Jodou']Blah, well so much for more free games this week. Ah well, thanks for clearing this up.

Too bad this didn't retain the $40 price tag, because it would have worked with the cross promo for a $25 GC.[/QUOTE]

What promo, links?

[quote name='gregnied']The coupon for me did not take off anything, the manager had to override to make it 9.99[/QUOTE]

Right. The price was still @ $39.99 where I got it from. Not a bad deal at all.

I think I figured out where all the confusion is coming from. Apparently the coupon was updated sometime yesterday, so the early birds got a coupon that DOES make the game free and had no stipulations about making it $9.99. This is all hearsay, so don't take it to heart. If I come across a copy of this rumored original, I'll report back.

[quote name='Jodou']I think I figured out where all the confusion is coming from. Apparently the coupon was updated sometime yesterday, so the early birds got a coupon that DOES make the game free and had no stipulations about making it $9.99. This is all hearsay, so don't take it to heart. If I come across a copy of this rumored original, I'll report back.[/QUOTE]
It appears you may be right. Everyone's favorite CAG in the TRU-Halo Reach Card thread seems to have made a similar discovery and of course, is exploiting it.

The Tekken 6 coupon did nothing automatic in the system for me today. A manager had to come over to manually make it 9.99.

Just went to Best Buy yesterday. I plopped down the PS3 version, which was only $30, but I knew the coupon was for the 360 version. It almost worked but then he said, "I don't think I can give you this game for free, let me call a manager."

Another guy came over and said to just make the PS3 version 10 bucks. Almost had my first free game. And yes, I spend a shitload of money in Best Buy. And no, I wouldn't feel bad getting a free game from them.

[quote name='cobaltD']Another guy came over and said to just make the PS3 version 10 bucks. Almost had my first free game. And yes, I spend a shitload of money in Best Buy. And no, I wouldn't feel bad getting a free game from them.[/QUOTE]

Very nice! I can see the appeal of wanting it on the PS3 since Playstation is home to the (console) series..I'm definitely going to try this first!! If not I'll settle for a 360 copy..

[quote name='ubdu']The Tekken 6 coupon did nothing automatic in the system for mday. A manager had to come over to manually make it 9.99.[/QUOTE]

Same here thegirl almost gave it to me for free then called a manager. Damn

[quote name='Vader582']Better hurry. This just hit the front page of joystiq.[/QUOTE]

why does this happen all the time now? I think its b/c they praise the site on the CAGcast..at least it always breaks here first! :D

bread's done
Back