BestBuy August 2010 RZ Gamer Club Deals - Tekken 6 (360) $10

hobomatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Looks like there's only one set of coupons for August. Enjoy.

8/1-8/14

Get 150 points on these titles:

• NCAA Football 11' :ps3::360::ps2:
  • StarCraft II :pc:
Save $5 on these select titles:

• Little League World Series Baseball: Double Play :wii::ds:
  • Little League World Series Baseball 2010 :360::ps3:
Save $10 on these select titles:

• Brutal Legend :360::ps3:
  • Green Day: Rockband :360::ps3::wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Nier :360::ps3:
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City :ps3:
Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Medal of Honor :360::ps3::pc: (Available 10/12)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
On request from Jodou:
$5 Coupon
$10 Coupon
$20 Coupon

Thanks to FatBoyInside for providing the layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nixmahn']You care way too much about what people think about you and have a weird definition of dignity.[/QUOTE]
Lucky for me that I stopped giving a shit what most(except family and closest friends)people think about me or else I'd be just downright distraught over this.:lol::booty:

[quote name='nixmahn']You care way too much about what people think about you and have a weird definition of dignity.[/QUOTE]

And obviously you don't.

You should look up the words dignity, class, self respect, and tact sometime. I'm not saying practice any of it, but at least look it up. :bouncy:

time to go. Football is on beeeeyotches!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Lucky for me that I stopped giving a shit what most(read: except family and closest friends)people think about me or else I'd be just downright distraught over this.:lol::booty:[/QUOTE]

lol, same here, same here

[quote name='musicjunkie']As an employee at Bestbuy I can confirm
4) Many sales people hate ringing which is why they are on the sales floor to begin with so they can spend an hour with 1 customer then tack on a bunch of high margin stuff and look good OR like to just sort of drift around the sales floor looking like they are doing work.

Hope that clears things up :D[/QUOTE]

That explains why I usually see the new/newer employees on the registers.

I had a fun experience getting Tekken for the 9.99

Took up the game and a soda. Handed over the RZ card, coupon and items. Clerk rings it up but nothing comes off the price (like others have already said). On the screen I can see that the coupon did register as a line item "GETTEKKEN 6 FOR $9.99" but actual effect as 0.00

I mentioned it to the clerk and she was confused. She tried voiding coupon and re-ringing but no effect. She then voided game and did it again but still no change.

She called the manager to find out what's going on. Manager/supervisor dude walks over and asked where I got the coupon and I told him from the RZ site. He then mentioned that apparently someone posted the coupon to a website forum and that they're trying to figure out if the coupons were altered or maybe even fake since they don't seem to trigger the proper price on the registers

He asked me if I wouldn't mind showing him the coupon on the RZ site and that if it is on there he'll fix the price to sell it for 9.99

He was cool and respectful the entire time so I had no problem showing him how I got the coupon. Signed in, clicked the links and showed him the offer.

He apologized for the hassle. Fixed the price and I was on my way. Wasn't as simple as it should be, but I understand what's going on. He's trying to figure out if the coupon's legit and if I'm an RZ member.

While he didn't say it, a couple of workers were telling me that some other people were going in and arguing that they should get the game for free. And to make things seem more fishy, these people weren't providing any type RZ card membership info. So from their perspective, people are trying to take advantage of an offer which they aren't entitled to receive.

If you really want this deal, you should try and do it by tonight. If there really are alot people trying to argue that the game is free, BB may just pull the deal instead of updating the registers.

[quote name='Squarehard']I love these "free" Best Buy controversies. Makes for a good read.[/QUOTE]

funny thing is tekken 6 is actually cheaper at TRU now, starting today 7.98 + tax.

Wish I knew about this coupon on the 18th, I would have cleaned up.

[quote name='Squarehard']I love these "free" Best Buy controversies. Makes for a good read.[/QUOTE]

I've been pretty mellow on this one. I just find it incredible what people will do to get something for free when it's almost a steal at $9.99. (Depending if you like Tekken.)

[quote name='confoosious']I've been pretty mellow on this one. I just find it incredible what people will do to get something for free when it's almost a steal at $9.99. (Depending if you like Tekken.)[/QUOTE]

Well not you specifically, just in the general scheme of the entire conversation in the past couple of days ever since people realized there was a chance the game could be "free". These threads always seem to run amoc on itself, but does make it interesting to see random people popping out of the wood work and throwing in their 2 cents to the conversation. Some people that never post somehow find their way into this thread and decide this is the time to post, and the things they say will BLOW YOUR MIND! BLOOWOWOOWOWOWOWO!!

explosion.jpg

[quote name='confoosious']I've been pretty mellow on this one. I just find it incredible what people will do to get something for free when it's almost a steal at $9.99. (Depending if you like Tekken.)[/QUOTE]
Meh. I was always a Mortal Kombat fan. I couldn't stand Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter or anything else without some form of 'fatality' in it.

I find it incredible that you can't seem to do much of anything but argue with everyone about everything on this fucking site.
And before you try to argue with me about that...I'm not trying to start an argument, but for fuck's sake, every thread I go into anymore has you just sparring with someone. Give it a rest, please.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Meh. I was always a Mortal Kombat fan. I couldn't stand Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter or anything else without some form of 'fatality' in it.[/QUOTE]

You must have been a big Killer Instinct fan then ;P

[quote name='Ronin317']I find it incredible that you can't seem to do much of anything but argue with everyone about everything on this fucking site.[/QUOTE]

Awwwwww did i hurt your feelings at one time in the past Ronin? You still feeling angry about it? Did you jump in to this thread just to yell at me? Cause I am feeling a little hostility here. Seems to me you ratcheted up the angst level in here.

We're all doing ok without you. I'm kindler and gentler -- even changed my avatar. I even get along with IATTCG now.

You wanna hug it out? We can recreate the scene from Good Will Hunting if you want. I'll be Robin Williams and you can be Sean. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

Cheapest - Virtua Fighting is awful. I know it's supposed to be all technical and shit but that game feels like fighting in molasses to me.

Just so long as you two don't recreate the scene from Brokeback Mountain.:razz:

And personally I'm still hoping someone can create a game like Thrill Kill was supposed to be that pushes the 'omg' boundary like MK did back when it first released.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Meh. I was always a Mortal Kombat fan. I couldn't stand Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter or anything else without some form of 'fatality' in it.[/QUOTE]
I'm didn't get into Tekken seriously until I saw how competitive and skilled players can be. It's like a sport in Korea.

Mortal Kombat is pure indulgence--good with playing with friends.

Freaking awesome! Just scored a PS3 copy by being super nice to the guy at the customer service counter (where I went directly) He was shocked that it was $9.99 and somehow missed the Xbox 360 sku part when reading over it 3 (!!) times! He re-rang the thing even, checked the front and back of the game, I thought at any second I was going to be compromised. Finally manually adjusted it and called over the manager who had no problems with it either. He even read the coupon. Great pick up guys!

Awesome Deal! I finally got it for $10 after waiting twenty minutes for a manager. This will be awesome on my Marvel vs Capcom Tournament sticks!

If your looking for online play, for the most part it's dead, you still get lag input even at full bars. There are too much things to deal with when your playing a 3d fighter online.

[quote name='confoosious']Awwwwww did i hurt your feelings at one time in the past Ronin? You still feeling angry about it? Did you jump in to this thread just to yell at me? Cause I am feeling a little hostility here. Seems to me you ratcheted up the angst level in here.

We're all doing ok without you. I'm kindler and gentler -- even changed my avatar. I even get along with IATTCG now.

You wanna hug it out? We can recreate the scene from Good Will Hunting if you want. I'll be Robin Williams and you can be Sean. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

Cheapest - Virtua Fighting is awful. I know it's supposed to be all technical and shit but that game feels like fighting in molasses to me.[/QUOTE]
No, I jumped into the thread to read about the Tekken 6 deal, and once again, it's 2 pages full of your bullshit - arguing with someone whilst on your moral high-horse. I have no personal problem with you, but simply put, I'm tired of post after post of you arguing with someone in every deal thread. It's almost like you have an obsession with making a counter-point, no matter what anyone says.

[quote name='CaoPi']If your looking for online play, for the most part it's dead, you still get lag input even at full bars. There are too much things to deal with when your playing a 3d fighter online.[/QUOTE]

Only fighter I need to play online is SF/SSF IV, and that's about it. I don't really look forward to playing other fighter games online. Just doesn't seem to catch my interest to want to play other people online in those games.

[quote name='nixmahn']funny thing is tekken 6 is actually cheaper at TRU now, starting today 7.98 + tax.

Wish I knew about this coupon on the 18th, I would have cleaned up.[/QUOTE]

Well, not as good as BB if you have giftcards/RZ certificates to use towards the purchase:).

Besides, TRU can screw up their deals as well;). The store I hit up today only gives out the card when you make a purchase and they'll keep the card if you use it

Did anyone try to get tekken 6 for free? The ad says the game is regularly $40 but when i went to best buy tonight it said that it is $29.99. I wasn't a game zone member and the guy overrode the system to make it $10, so i didn't feel like being a prick to save an extra $10.

[quote name='Ronin317']No, I jumped into the thread to read about the Tekken 6 deal, and once again, it's 2 pages full of your bullshit - arguing with someone whilst on your moral high-horse. I have no personal problem with you, but simply put, I'm tired of post after post of you arguing with someone in every deal thread. It's almost like you have an obsession with making a counter-point, no matter what anyone says.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's not true. I am very consistent in the people i argue with. I know it doesn't make me popular with some of the scammers and hoarders but someone has got to fight the good fight.

There's an ignore function you know.

[quote name='rbarba4']That explains why I usually see the new/newer employees on the registers.[/QUOTE]
Kind of. More of less where all the high school kids end up since they have no experience, will work for anything and don't really have to do much other than be a robot and ring things and press some buttons. In my store everyone who is a cashier never seems very excited and is just counting the minutes until the store closes.

I do work in the gaming dept but I rarely ring because I'm not going to hover over someone until they look like they buy a game then tell them I can cash them out right here and push the Gamer's Club on them. It's odd though b/c my supervisor tells us to push the Reward Zone Gamer's Club so hard and yet I hear problems every now and them on CAG about them. After spending some time on CAG its brutally obvious just because you have a rewards card at one place doesn't mean you'll always buy there. You're just going to go wherever the deal is.

Got back from my local BB, picked up a copy with no problems. Cashier was nice and polite, she rang up the game for 0.00 with the coupon, called the manager and he adjusted it to 9.99.

She remarked that it was a popular game today and it had rung up for 0.00 all day. Neither the manager nor the cashier batted an eye and everything went smoothly. All in all it was a nice experience and there's still tons of them on the shelves.

I haven't tried to partake of this deal yet, but I don't blame people for trying to get the game for FREE. The coupon says "Save $30 on Tekken 6 Just $9.99" which only ads to the controversy. If the game is $29.99 and you're supposed to save $30, then Best Buy should pay me $0.01 to take this game off their hands. At least they wised up with this RZ coupon and added the intended sale price of $9.99 to it. I've gotten really tired of them conveniently putting games on sale the same week a RZ coupon can be used, which is "technically" supposed to void the coupon since they are only supposed to work on regularly priced items and not sale items.

I'm glad I was able get in on the X-Blades and SMB: Step & Roll deals when they were live. Blur was a bust, but I tried. Good Luck CAGs!

[quote name='Derrick1979']So is there more then a few people getting it on the PS3 or is it just random and luck?[/QUOTE]

Coupon is only good on the 360 version but someone mentioned getting lucky and getting the override applied to the PS3 version

I managed to get 1 free. I just bought some headphones, and a soda along with the game. The girl behind the counter took 30 bucks off without really batting an eye. The total was 28 something with tax so it wasn't really suspicious. I just kept my mouth shut.

+rep for you OP, thanks!

[quote name='confoosious']yup. it's out of control. Good deals aren't good enough. You have to get it for free.

When you have to argue with someone to get a free game, you really need to reevaluate your life. Seriously. Think about this: you're arguing and making a scene at a Best Buy to get a game for free instead of $9.99. And you're a grown ass man.

Dear lord in heaven, if I am ever that sad, please kill me.[/QUOTE]
Lol, I think you're way too butt-hurt over something that doesn't even impact you.

i bought a copy of this and the new blazblue...tekken had to be manually marked to 9.99. they said they had been doing it all day because the system wants to recognize the 39.99 price, but since it's under $30 (29.99), it doesn't want to discount.

i wasn't trying to get it free, but one can hope.

BestBuy Culver City gave me a lot of trouble tonight using this coupon. Cashier told me that I needed a Gamer Zone Club Card for this coupon to work. I explained to her that I never received a card and I signed up for the club when it started. Also informed her that I always receive Gamer Zone coupons and they work fine w/ my regular Reward Zone card. She called over the manager who repeated what the cashier said. He then told me that if I logged into MyRewardZone.com on one of the store computers and show that I'm enrolled in the Gamer Zone Club then he'll give me the $9.99 price. I brought it up but had to wait around 10 minutes while he helped another customer (apply a screen protector for an iPad). By the time he came over the computer had closed out the browser and went to screen saver. He said "Don't worry I trust you, I'll go ahead and give you the discount, but make sure you call and request a new card." Then he overrode the price.

I got lucky the manager in the store I went to honored the coupon for and gave me the game for $0.01. That is all I paid for Tekken 6.

[quote name='Jodou']Got shot down at my BB, but I made the MOD look like a complete idiot. First they couldn't figure out why the coupon wasn't applying directly, so after looking it up online they concluded that the price was $10 and the game was on sale. I said, well the coupon is for $30 off in black and white, so just take $30 off. He said he couldn't because it's MSRP for $40. I pushed back saying it's not and that the shelf clearly has it stickered for $30. "It won't work that way because it's on sale."

Lol, ok so at this point I completely break his logic by telling him nowhere on the coupon does it say not valid on sale items, which is 100% true. Additionally, by that BS excuse he shouldn't be able to even give me the game for $10 at all lol. He just kept pushing back that it was $10, even though I had defeated him mentally.

I told him nice false advertising and left.

You could equally make the argument that it says $30 off. It's conflicting statements and people have been able to get the game free because of that.[/QUOTE]

The coupon wording is wrong it does say $30 off Tekken for $9.99. What the coupon should say is "up to $30 off" That would end this confusion and Best Buy hasn't printed a retraction.

The coupon didn't scan at my location either, but the cashier simply called a manager who manually entered $20 off from $29.99. I would've kept my mouth shut if they'd said it was free, but I certainly wasn't going to try to convince them it was. $10 for a new game is still a great deal.

That's funny. I like all those games, EXCEPT Mortal Kombat. xD

got 1 at soho nyc store...there were hiding it in the back ...just ask them

and got 1 at 23st nyc ...easy get....they still have a in stock..

anyway ..good looking out op...thanks.

I picked up Tekken 6 for myself and a buddy tonight. The manager let me ring up both on the same transaction, even though it said only one per person. She had to override the price to make it $9.99 each.

[quote name='AmazingBrian']Somebody should try to get the FightStick + Tekken 6 bundle for $10. See if it works.[/QUOTE]
i actually tried to use the coupon to get $30 off the bundle earlier today, because i really want a joystick but don't want to pay top dollar for the SF4 TE joystick, but they said they couldn't it even though it came with the game...

[quote name='Derrick1979']So is there more then a few people getting it on the PS3 or is it just random and luck?[/QUOTE]

I got one but I gotta think its YMMV. The gal who rang me up realized the coupon didn't work, read it carefully then said "this only works on xbox" I played dummy.lol and said oh I didn't know. She typed in the xbox version sku and when it didn't work, she just overrode the ps3 price and gave it to me.

[quote name='Marker']BestBuy Culver City gave me a lot of trouble tonight using this coupon. Cashier told me that I needed a Gamer Zone Club Card for this coupon to work. I explained to her that I never received a card and I signed up for the club when it started. Also informed her that I always receive Gamer Zone coupons and they work fine w/ my regular Reward Zone card. She called over the manager who repeated what the cashier said. He then told me that if I logged into MyRewardZone.com on one of the store computers and show that I'm enrolled in the Gamer Zone Club then he'll give me the $9.99 price. I brought it up but had to wait around 10 minutes while he helped another customer (apply a screen protector for an iPad). By the time he came over the computer had closed out the browser and went to screen saver. He said "Don't worry I trust you, I'll go ahead and give you the discount, but make sure you call and request a new card." Then he overrode the price.[/QUOTE]

The underlined happened to me too when I tried to get the game Friday. Unlike some of the posts I've been reading, I think I was the first person to use this coupon at my local BB. Some of you guys said that it was a quick override and that the BB employees knew about the deal. Quick 1-2 and out the door with a $9.99 Tekken 6. My experience was almost the complete opposite.

There was a similar Gamer's Zone coupon for PS3 versions of Saints Row 2 and Red Faction last year. I didn't have any issues with that one, but this one was a different story. I waited almost 10 minutes to get this Tekken 6 transaction sorted out. I went in the middle of the day with no long lines JUST to make sure I didn't end up being THAT guy holding up a long line :lol: (and I'm a patient guy, so the wait didn't bother me). While I was standing at the register waiting on the TWO managers to figure out how to override the sale price, I was almost sure I WASN'T going to get it (I'd say it felt like a 99.9% thing :cry:). They kept asking me if I had a Gamer's Zone card, but I just registered online with my regular RZ card (about two years ago, I believe...whenever BB first started it). After the manager of the first manager tried to put in the regular price a few times, he overrode the $29.99 sale price to $9.99. He was hesitant about it, but not reluctantly hesitant (does that make sense? :whistle2:s).

So here's a question I'm hoping someone can answer:

Is there REALLY a Gamer's Club card that I'm supposed to have or did the BB employees just think that because of the wording on the coupon? And if there IS a Gamer's Club card, how do I go about acquiring one to avoid another scare like this one.

[quote name='nixmahn']funny thing is tekken 6 is actually cheaper at TRU now, starting today 7.98 + tax. [/QUOTE]

I'm making a trip to TRU tomorrow to pick up a second copy of Tekken 6. I hope that I can get another copy. That Halo Reach card has really made this week feel like Christmas in July for lots of gamers...one month later than July anyway. :lol:

man, what the heck kind of game is this? After starting the campaign at 11pm last night and trying to stay awake for five 50 second cut scenes with load times in between each one (!) I was playing what appeared to be a brawler..the story is cool and all, but I thought it'd go Soul Caliber and throw me into a one-on-one match each time. It's too hard to tell if I like it or not, the controls were clunky at best and I had no control over what I was doing to the 'Jack's'. But fundamentally, I've always been a button masher with these type games, that's why I suck at SFIV. Maybe it's just me..

anyways, hope all you guys can get out today and pick this up if you haven't already :) not b/c it may be the best game, but say it with me, 'because it's a great deal!'

[quote name='token2k6']man, what the heck kind of game is this? After starting the campaign at 11pm last night and trying to stay awake for five 50 second cut scenes with load times in between each one (!) I was playing what appeared to be a brawler..the story is cool and all, but I thought it'd go Soul Caliber and throw me into a one-on-one match each time. It's too hard to tell if I like it or not, the controls were clunky at best and I had no control over what I was doing to the 'Jack's'. But fundamentally, I've always been a button masher with these type games, that's why I suck at SFIV. Maybe it's just me..

anyways, hope all you guys can get out today and pick this up if you haven't already :) not b/c it may be the best game, but say it with me, 'because it's a great deal!'[/QUOTE]

What you're looking for is under offline modes. You'll find Arcade, Ghost, Survival, Team and Training modes. Those are the standard 1v1. Having played the game at launch from Gamefly, Scenario campaign get really tough towards the end to unlock everything (protip, pick Devil Jin as your character and you can slightly cheese your way through).

I'd encourage everyone to return their copies to BB and pick this up at TRU if your store has the Halo cards. It's $7.49 for 360 until EOB today and the PS3 version is 30% off ($13.29) if can't fool BB into giving it to you for $10.

bread's done
Back