BestBuy August 2010 RZ Gamer Club Deals - Tekken 6 (360) $10

hobomatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Looks like there's only one set of coupons for August. Enjoy.

8/1-8/14

Get 150 points on these titles:

• NCAA Football 11' :ps3::360::ps2:
  • StarCraft II :pc:
Save $5 on these select titles:

• Little League World Series Baseball: Double Play :wii::ds:
  • Little League World Series Baseball 2010 :360::ps3:
Save $10 on these select titles:

• Brutal Legend :360::ps3:
  • Green Day: Rockband :360::ps3::wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Nier :360::ps3:
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City :ps3:
Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Medal of Honor :360::ps3::pc: (Available 10/12)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
On request from Jodou:
$5 Coupon
$10 Coupon
$20 Coupon

Thanks to FatBoyInside for providing the layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']The underlined happened to me too when I tried to get the game Friday. Unlike some of the posts I've been reading, I think I was the first person to use this coupon at my local BB. Some of you guys said that it was a quick override and that the BB employees knew about the deal. Quick 1-2 and out the door with a $9.99 Tekken 6. My experience was almost the complete opposite.

There was a similar Gamer's Zone coupon for PS3 versions of Saints Row 2 and Red Faction last year. I didn't have any issues with that one, but this one was a different story. I waited almost 10 minutes to get this Tekken 6 transaction sorted out. I went in the middle of the day with no long lines JUST to make sure I didn't end up being THAT guy holding up a long line :lol: (and I'm a patient guy, so the wait didn't bother me). While I was standing at the register waiting on the TWO managers to figure out how to override the sale price, I was almost sure I WASN'T going to get it (I'd say it felt like a 99.9% thing :cry:). They kept asking me if I had a Gamer's Zone card, but I just registered online with my regular RZ card (about two years ago, I believe...whenever BB first started it). After the manager of the first manager tried to put in the regular price a few times, he overrode the $29.99 sale price to $9.99. He was hesitant about it, but not reluctantly hesitant (does that make sense? :whistle2:s).

So here's a question I'm hoping someone can answer:

Is there REALLY a Gamer's Club card that I'm supposed to have or did the BB employees just think that because of the wording on the coupon? And if there IS a Gamer's Club card, how do I go about acquiring one to avoid another scare like this one.

I'm making a trip to TRU tomorrow to pick up a second copy of Tekken 6. I hope that I can get another copy. That Halo Reach card has really made this week feel like Christmas in July for lots of gamers...one month later than July anyway. :lol:[/QUOTE]

There isn't a Gamer's card. It's just a different reward zone member classification/profile that is added onto your Reward Zone membership. So it all consolidates under 1 card.

Even if it's $2 cheaper at toys r us, the one near me seems to be savvy enough at this point (after another CAG-er abused the coupon) so you can only use the coupon on one game...and I was all about getting Darksiders for $12. Plus I have some Best Buy store credit, so I picked this up.

So I just signed up for this rewards zone thing online and don't have a card yet. Will they still let me use the Tekken coupon?

Has anyone had trouble picking this up without a physical RZ card in hand? I lost mine years ago and just have the cashier look up my account using my phone number everytime I shop at BB.

I can just imagine some cashier/manager getting super technical with the coupon and giving me a hard time. Anyone have this happen?

[quote name='Temidien']Has anyone had trouble picking this up without a physical RZ card in hand? I lost mine years ago and just have the cashier look up my account using my phone number everytime I shop at BB.

I can just imagine some cashier/manager getting super technical with the coupon and giving me a hard time. Anyone have this happen?[/QUOTE]

That's kinda what I just asked. So from what you're saying they'll just look up my phone number. Cool.

You can print a replacement RZ card by logging in, clicking on 'My Account' and then 'Print a Replacement Card' in the left menu.

I have no idea where my card is, I always have them look up my phone number, and I have NEVER had a problem with doing it that way.

Even with the perfect storm of deals on Blur that let me get that for $11-12.

I've never had BB ask me for a physical card.

If you return a game you bought with a RZ gift certificate, will they refund you the certificate?

[quote name='confoosious']I've never had BB ask me for a physical card.

If you return a game you bought with a RZ gift certificate, will they refund you the certificate?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but u have to waits a week or 2 to re-print it from your account

[quote name='Masterkyo']Yes, but u have to waits a week or 2 to re-print it from your account[/QUOTE]

thanks. I don't know if it's worth the effort. I used a $5 RZ on Brutal Legend and I just found it at TRU for $1.89.

I'm looking on the special offers page for the gamers club and I don't see where to print the coupon. I'm signed in, and I see the Tekken offer, but no coupon. Am I looking in the wrong place?

[quote name='NeuralFizz']So I just signed up for this rewards zone thing online and don't have a card yet. Will they still let me use the Tekken coupon?[/QUOTE]
Yes, the coupon will apply without a card, as per usual.

So I gave the free deal one more college try while picking up flips at TRU. Got shot down again, but they have fixed the coupons in their register so it will ring up as $9.99 without a manager approval. Should make this easier for you guys to get at $10 for all of the last day it's available since it's still cheaper at TRU today anyways.

[quote name='kuruption84']I'm looking on the special offers page for the gamers club and I don't see where to print the coupon. I'm signed in, and I see the Tekken offer, but no coupon. Am I looking in the wrong place?[/QUOTE]
If you're using Firefox or Chrome with AdBlock, you'll have to greenlight the site. The way they named the button graphics on the RZ site triggers adblock to block them.

[quote name='slowdive21']I know the coupon has a sku on it, but has anyone attempted to get the collector's edition with the coupon? Were you successful?[/QUOTE]

I asked just for the heck of it, and was denied. They wouldn't give that version for $9.99, nor take $30 off it (which would have made it $49.99, still too much for that stick, IMO). If you want a solid fight stick, the MadCatz/SF regular (not TE) sticks are $42.XX @ Sam's club (includes SFIV), and regularly on sale around online. They're wired, but FAR better than the T6 Hori wireless stick. Combine with a $10 T6 from BB, and you've got a better package for a few $ more, plus SFIV!

The coupon appears to have been fixed at the Brick, NJ location - scanning it took 20 dollars off to bring the game to 9.99 instead of taking the 30 off. Still, good deal at 9.99.

Picked up Tekken for 10 bucks. Coupon worked but took 20 off instead of 30 since the games price was 30. No manager approval needed. Thanks for the heads up OP.

My girlfriend was kind enough to go to best buy for me today. She said the game rang up $29.99 and that the coupon made it $9.99 automatically with no override or manager involvement. I think $10 for a game that that was released with a $60 price and isn't even a year old yet is a hell of a deal. Aside from the PS3 load times, it has gotten great reviews and has sold over 3 million copies.
The Toys R Us by me does not have Tekken 6 for $7.49, It has it for $17.49. If you got it for $7, nice find!!!
Thanks OP

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']My girlfriend was kind enough to go to best buy for me today. She said the game rang up $29.99 and that the coupon made it $9.99 automatically with no override or manager involvement. I think $10 for a game that that was released with a $60 price and isn't even a year old yet is a hell of a deal. Aside from the PS3 load times, it has gotten great reviews and has sold over 3 million copies.
The Toys R Us by me does not have Tekken 6 for $7.49, It has it for $17.49. If you got it for $7, nice find!!!
Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
Anyone who got the game for $7.49 plus tax at TRU got it for that price with the free $10 off coupon cards they're giving out that're Halo themed.

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']My girlfriend was kind enough to go to best buy for me today. She said the game rang up $29.99 and that the coupon made it $9.99 automatically with no override or manager involvement. I think $10 for a game that that was released with a $60 price and isn't even a year old yet is a hell of a deal. Aside from the PS3 load times, it has gotten great reviews and has sold over 3 million copies.
Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

you need to use the halo card coupon for it to ring up as 7.49 at tru

just picked up for $9.99. no price override. glad they did, chick said they were "having issues" yesterday and wasnt taking the coupon. mind u i grabbed the last one on the shelf.

[quote name='confoosious']thanks. I don't know if it's worth the effort. I used a $5 RZ on Brutal Legend and I just found it at TRU for $1.89.[/QUOTE]
This sounds like a return fraud plot. Please refrain from these shady activities.

[quote name='mwc547']This sounds like a return fraud plot. Please refrain from these shady activities.[/QUOTE]
Please learn what return fraud means.:roll: Return fraud is returning a game to a store you didn't get it from(usually with no receipt)to get credit to use towards something else.

Nowhere in his post did confoosious say he intended to take the copy or copies of Brutal Legend to WalMart with no receipt to try and get whatever they're selling for there back in credit.

He simply mentioned that he bought it at BB with a Reward Zone certificate and later on found(or bought) it at TRU for $1.89.

As for returning a copy of the same game to a store you paid more for it at if you find it cheaper somewhere else after buying it I see nothing wrong with that as long as the games are the same version for the same system.

But if there's some sort of bonus item with the original and you return the game from the second store that's a vanilla copy with nothing extra, then you should at least offer to return the bonus item(if returnable and not some digital download shit)with the game if possible.

[quote name='jmillion']just picked up for $9.99. no price override. glad they did, chick said they were "having issues" yesterday and wasnt taking the coupon. mind u i grabbed the last one on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

at the rego park or northern blvd ones by any chance?

Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Isn't there an install option in one of the menus, I know Soul Calibur 4 had it on PS3, pretty sure Tekken did as well.

I finally bit on this, i guess at 9.99 it seems not too bad a deal. Too bad im much more into the Street Fighter style gameplay.

[quote name='diddy310']Isn't there an install option in one of the menus, I know Soul Calibur 4 had it on PS3, pretty sure Tekken did as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check that out. I was able to get it for PS3 and the load times are ridiculous.

[quote name='nycmetsfan']at the rego park or northern blvd ones by any chance?[/QUOTE]
rego park. last 1 i saw on the shelf. i was surprised it was there even.

[quote name='theking20']is the coupon still good?

Tekken for $10 is a steal[/QUOTE]

Today is the last day for this coupon to work. (expire 8/22)

In case it hasn't been mentioned...

Tekken 6 is marked down to $29.99. The coupon, at least at my Best Buy, will still only get you the game for $9.99 despite the coupon also stating you'll save $30. In other words, no free copy today. :|

Also, coupon expires today. Last call.

im new to the tekken seen and i think its a cool game but online is horrible. I would have been upset if i paid anything more than 10 bucks for it. local multiplayer would be fun but thats not the case. back to ssf4.

[quote name='its delicious']In case it hasn't been mentioned...

Tekken 6 is marked down to $29.99. The coupon, at least at my Best Buy, will still only get you the game for $9.99 despite the coupon also stating you'll save $30. In other words, no free copy today. :|

Also, coupon expires today. Last call.[/QUOTE]
Same experience here. It comes out to $10, not free--but it does so without hassle, and there are still plenty of copies left at the South Loop location in Chicago.

[quote name='SoySauce158']im new to the tekken seen and i think its a cool game but online is horrible. I would have been upset if i paid anything more than 10 bucks for it. local multiplayer would be fun but thats not the case. back to ssf4.[/QUOTE]

hmm I think the online is ok? It sucks when you get matched up with someone who has played it for a long time though lol I got my ass handed to me several times by people that had like 500 wins

[quote name='AEJustin1']hmm I think the online is ok? It sucks when you get matched up with someone who has played it for a long time though lol I got my ass handed to me several times by people that had like 500 wins[/QUOTE]

That happens with all fighters online. I thought the multiplayer wasnt too bad overall.

Grabbed 2 copies myself, flipped one to a local gamestore (Thats probally gonna end up closing soon due to its TiV's) and got 20 bucks ^_^, not sure what im gonna do with the other yet

[quote name='AEJustin1']hmm I think the online is ok? It sucks when you get matched up with someone who has played it for a long time though lol I got my ass handed to me several times by people that had like 500 wins[/QUOTE]
You need a buddy who's good too who can play for you when that happens. "Hey, I'm going to kick this noob's--WARRGGGHH!!!"

Picked up a copy of Tekken 6 for $9.99 after coupon today. It automatically dropped it down to $9.99 with no override needed, as a few others here have already stated.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Grabbed 2 copies myself, flipped one to a local gamestore (Thats probally gonna end up closing soon due to its TiV's) and got 20 bucks ^_^, not sure what im gonna do with the other yet[/QUOTE]

you could "play" it...i mean, i always thought video games were a form of entertainment, not something that just sits on a shelf

i platted it in a day and flipped it to gazelle for 13... not much of a flip but oh well. ez plat ;) cept for that final train to hell with devil jin, shudder, n those fuck n bird men creatures. lol peace cag!

bread's done
Back