Bestbuy bing cashback at 20%

I searched iMac as well and it worked. Even got a page that came up that asked for my email and to enter a code. I don't think I need anything, all the TV's in my house are 1080p LCD's except for one in my kids room and 20% off is still not cheap enough to constitute the money.

[quote name='confoosious']vacuum doesn't work for me.[/QUOTE]

try a different browser if you have to...

A couple of nights ago, I was trying to direct(over the phone) my gf to a lamp on a specific website. I kept telling her type in alien lamp and you should see two items and the 1st item is the one you want. She kept telling me she was seeing a list of a 30+ items and none were THE lamp. I was getting pissed thinking why don't women know how to use computers... After awhile I asked what browser was she using. IE 8 on Win7. I use Chrome or Safari. I opened IE on Vista and WHAM I had the same sh*tty results she had. WTF???? Anyway she switched to Firefox for the search and there was the correct item. Chrome, Safari, and Firefox found the right item. IE had totally different results. I briefly tested searches on a couple webstores and the same thing happened...

Kind of sad that Bing CB dies at month end. Interesting that Best Buy is even back on the list before it dies.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Kind of sad that Bing CB dies at month end. Interesting that Best Buy is even back on the list before it dies.[/QUOTE]
MS wants Bing CB to go out with a bang.:)

werid if you get over 250 bucks the best buy page will not

allow you to check out

We're sorry, the system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Confirmed that it's still working with iMac. yesterday it was working with D60 and microwave, but tonight iMac was the only search term that worked.

Anyways, picked up an Olympus E-Pl 1 :)

[quote name='kell']I'm thinking of getting an LCD TV. I saw the cap of $2,500 annually, nothing about a transaction cap. Is that right?[/QUOTE]

i read somewhere it is $200 per transaction

Ordered the PS3 Father's Day bundle for $368 including tax and free shipping. Also recieved the $70 cash back notification from Bing within 20 minutes! Around $300 for a 250 GB PS3 with Uncharted 2.

If I buy something that is $300, and after tax + shipping it comes to $340, does bing take off 20% from the item or the total?

I can only find references to a yearly limit of $2,500. I have seen some posts which say there is a limit of $200 per transaction. Anyone know for sure?

Also anyone know if it is the total purchase (with tax and shipping) or just the item total that they use?

Still haven't gotten my Bing confirmation and I bought a high-end LCD TV too. Did delivery, not in-store pickup, which isn't until next week since they actually deliver

Still haven't gotten my Bing confirmation and I bought a high-end LCD TV too. Did delivery, not in-store pickup, which isn't until next week since they actually deliver. Bing doesn't acknowledge me buying anything from them. They asked for my receipt, but it's the 20% I'm concerned about.

[quote name='MasterYensid']Also anyone know if it is the total purchase (with tax and shipping) or just the item total that they use?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rjb']If I buy something that is $300, and after tax + shipping it comes to $340, does bing take off 20% from the item or the total?[/QUOTE]

The percentage is off the base price, not tax and shipping.

[quote name='MasterYensid']I can only find references to a yearly limit of $2,500. I have seen some posts which say there is a limit of $200 per transaction. Anyone know for sure?

Also anyone know if it is the total purchase (with tax and shipping) or just the item total that they use?[/QUOTE]

after looking on Bing, i can't find anything about a limit like i said before, the $200 limit i mentioned about per transaction is based off of eBay's rules...

[quote name='rjb']If I buy something that is $300, and after tax + shipping it comes to $340, does bing take off 20% from the item or the total?[/QUOTE]

item

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Still haven't gotten my Bing confirmation and I bought a high-end LCD TV too. Did delivery, not in-store pickup, which isn't until next week since they actually deliver. Bing doesn't acknowledge me buying anything from them. They asked for my receipt, but it's the 20% I'm concerned about.

The percentage is off the base price, not tax and shipping.[/QUOTE]

That's sucks... I just completed my purchase less than an hour ago and went over to my bing cashback account within 5 minutes of authorizing the purchase and the items were listed as Pending in my Bing Account.

I had to contact Bing about a T-mobile purchase not showing up. Once they got my order number and purchase amount, it took a few days for it to get put into my account.

[quote name='exRounder']gonna be super awkward if this doesn't work

i just bought a new kitchen[/QUOTE]

Check your Bing Cashback account. Your cashback purchase should show up almost immediately from Best Buy (some other retailers take a bit longer.) If it doesn't contact Bing Cashback support with your BB Order number with details about the purchase.

PS Dudes, you can get a well equipped Gateway i3-330 15.6" Laptop with Bluray BDROM for $550 - $110 bing + $15 shipping + Tax + $16 effing California Recycling Fee (if you are "lucky" enough to live in California) which is pretty close to the super deal in Feb 2010, but without the free upgrade to an i5 processor. Midnight Blue - Model: NV5931u | SKU: 9739389 or Cherry Red - Model: NV5933u | SKU: 9739352

Last edited by a moderator:
I got two cheap TV's for the kids room. Vizio 19" 60hz 720p for $139.99 each plus tax. Came to just under $300.00 and got an email from Bing cashback right away and now I have $58 pending in the cashback account. Thanks OP, and even more thanks to the one who pointed out imac to get it to come up!!

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Still haven't gotten my Bing confirmation and I bought a high-end LCD TV too. Did delivery, not in-store pickup, which isn't until next week since they actually deliver. Bing doesn't acknowledge me buying anything from them. They asked for my receipt, but it's the 20% I'm concerned about.

The percentage is off the base price, not tax and shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yep I'm with ya...still haven't received my confirmation yet either. Usually BCB confirmation arrives within an hour or so from my previous purchases.

Edit: I also read on the Bing site that the BCB might not show up until payment has been processed and the transaction is complete. I'll give it two days before I contact them.

So I used the cashback link from bing, but once I was in the Best Buy site I proceeded with my purchase as normal (I didn't see any special cashback links). Is this the way its supposed to be?

Bing just asked for my email but didn't make me set up a cashback account or anything.

Edit: Nevermind, got the Bing email and everything seems to be working. I used in store pick-up too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EvlD99']So I used the cashback link from bing, but once I was in the Best Buy site I proceeded with my purchase as normal (I didn't see any special cashback links). Is this the way its supposed to be?

Bing just asked for my email but didn't make me set up a cashback account or anything.

Edit: Nevermind, got the Bing email and everything seems to be working. I used in store pick-up too.[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, so you did store pick up and you still received the bing confirmation? I'm considering canceling my on-line order and going the store pick up route. But only if the 20% BCB works for store pick up :)

[quote name='IronSerif']Oh cool, so you did store pick up and you still received the bing confirmation? I'm considering canceling my on-line order and going the store pick up route. But only if the 20% BCB works for store pick up :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did in-store pickup and its showing $70 as pending in my cashback account page.

i had to reorder mine coz my first order didn't show up my bing cash back. The next day i order again and after 2 minutes it showed up my pending bcb... weird!

Bah.. 300 dollar items plus $40 in tax and shipping (The closest Best Buy is an hour away). Saved me $20.

Tax and shipping kills the deal for me.

Man, just using that javascript link makes me nervous, since I'm looking to buy a pretty expensive item and would be pissed if they didn't honor it, but I haven't been able to get this to come up with any search criteria. I was amused by this, though, that came up when I typed "best buy" into the search bar just for the hell of it to see what I would get:

bestbuy-bing.jpg

Apparently eBay would like to sell Best Buy to me. With an 8% rebate. Awesome.

Doesn't matter how i try to search this... i can not get it to show up.... is it officially dead or what ... ??? anyone ??

[quote name='tizok2bfst']Doesn't matter how i try to search this... i can not get it to show up.... is it officially dead or what ... ??? anyone ??[/QUOTE]

Make sure Adblock is off, and then look in the blue Sponsored Sites part, not in the list of results.

Optionally, clear your cookies first.

Aha! I finally got it to come up with "imac". The weird thing is I'd tried that one about ten times already and it hadn't come up before.

Ugh, torn now -- I'm moving in mid-July, and want to get a new TV after I move. Best Buy's site will let me schedule a delivery that far in advance, so I can set it up for them to deliver to the new place after I move in, but I hope that delaying it for so long won't interfere with getting the cashback.

[quote name='jeremy517']Make sure Adblock is off, and then look in the blue Sponsored Sites part, not in the list of results.

Optionally, clear your cookies first.[/QUOTE]

I did that and it did take me to BestBuy site after clicking on the cashback button (the search yield 20%).

However, on the checkout page, there's no wording of BCB anywhere.... There's no mention of 20% or how much you're suppose to get back :whistle2:(

You're not suppose to see it or something?

I have used BCB a number of times in the past and for most sites I never saw anything about bing while ordering. It always seems to go through but I am always nervous that it won't work. Just check the pending transactions after you do the order and it should pop up there after a few minutes.

[quote name='Serpentor']I did that and it did take me to BestBuy site after clicking on the cashback button (the search yield 20%).

However, on the checkout page, there's no wording of BCB anywhere.... There's no mention of 20% or how much you're suppose to get back :whistle2:(

You're not suppose to see it or something?[/QUOTE]

No, you never see anything. You'll (eventually) get an email from Bing with the details.

[quote name='Serpentor']I did that and it did take me to BestBuy site after clicking on the cashback button (the search yield 20%).

You're not suppose to see it or something?[/QUOTE]

Nope you shouldn't see anything related to BCB on the Best Buy Site. The only thing you'll see is when you go to the Best Buy website from Bing. The 20% will pop up for a few seconds before you actually get to the Best Buy site.

Anyways I'm still having issues with my BCB showing up in my account, and I have already picked up my order from the Best Buy Store. So I'm submitting a service request to have them straighten it out.

Sounds like a common problem this time around and people on SD's have said to just submit a service request and they'll straighten it out.

I'll check back in once I hear something back. Need to receive that $110 BCB or this camera is going back :)

Just got $166 cashback in my account and I haven't even picked up the item, yet. I just hope the $166 doesn't magically disappear in the next 59 days of waiting.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Been 2 hours with no Cashback email. Used Paypal and Store pickup. Hope that didn't jack it up.[/QUOTE]

Waited all night and all morning, cashback never arrived. I cancelled my order and re-submitted it and I just got the cashback e-mail.

Last night I used the javascript link in the first post. This time around I used "imac" in bing which worked. Last night I wasn't able to get the "imac" to work through bing. And just to confirm I did not use Paypal this time and I again chose in-store pickup.

Summary: Use the "imac" search through bing and it should work.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Waited all night and all morning, cashback never arrived. I cancelled my order and re-submitted it and I just got the cashback e-mail.

Last night I used the javascript link in the first post. This time around I used "imac" in bing which worked. Last night I wasn't able to get the "imac" to work through bing. And just to confirm I did not use Paypal this time and I again chose in-store pickup.

Summary: Use the "imac" search through bing and it should work.[/QUOTE]

I wish that were the case my friend, but last night i used the search term "imac" to get the 20% BCB and this morning I still didn't receive any confirmation. So I canceled this morning at 9:35am and re-ordered. Still no luck even after picking it up lol. Lets hope BCB customer service comes through.

I just ordered a couple hard drives. I used the javascript and it asked me for an email address. I placed my order at bestbuy.com and then finished signing up for bing cashback when I received the email. Is that all I have to do? How long does it generally take to show up in my bing account? I've never used cashback before.

[quote name='arcane93']Aha! I finally got it to come up with "imac". The weird thing is I'd tried that one about ten times already and it hadn't come up before.

Ugh, torn now -- I'm moving in mid-July, and want to get a new TV after I move. Best Buy's site will let me schedule a delivery that far in advance, so I can set it up for them to deliver to the new place after I move in, but I hope that delaying it for so long won't interfere with getting the cashback.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat, though probably won't be moving until really late this summer or in the fall (depending on whenever I find a new jorb.)

I really don't want to move a big HDTV if I can help it.

bread's done
Back