Bestbuy bing cashback at 20%

[quote name='Mag215']Sucks tried buying a iPad but the iPads are only available in store.[/QUOTE]
ah, that's pretty good thinking... too bad that they don't have it :whistle2:(

Bing Cashback will be dead/discontinued July 30. They sent me an email. I created a thread in this section to even warn/notify you guys but I don't know why it was closed or deleted... can't find it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check it out:

"Dear valued cashback customer:

We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010.

Until July 30, 2010 9:00 pm PST, it's business as usual so continue to take advantage of great offers from your favorite merchants. You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions and access the Bing cashback customer support system through July 30, 2011. We encourage you to redeem your cashback savings and to further support redemption, we are waiving the $5 minimum payout effective July 31, 2010. To assist with prompt delivery of your cashback earnings, please visit http://cashbackaccount.bing.com to ensure your account information is current. For more details and answers to your questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Thank you very much for being a loyal cashback user. We remain committed to delivering great value to our customers, and we are currently working on an exciting new program which you will hear more about from us later this summer.

Sincerely,

Bing cashback team"

[quote name='JaxMoney']Check it out:

"Dear valued cashback customer:

We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010.

Until July 30, 2010 9:00 pm PST, it's business as usual so continue to take advantage of great offers from your favorite merchants. You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions and access the Bing cashback customer support system through July 30, 2011. We encourage you to redeem your cashback savings and to further support redemption, we are waiving the $5 minimum payout effective July 31, 2010. To assist with prompt delivery of your cashback earnings, please visit http://cashbackaccount.bing.com to ensure your account information is current. For more details and answers to your questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Thank you very much for being a loyal cashback user. We remain committed to delivering great value to our customers, and we are currently working on an exciting new program which you will hear more about from us later this summer.

Sincerely,

Bing cashback team"
[/QUOTE]

I think most people know that it's ending then. Are you trying to discourage people from taking advantage of this offer? Stuff like this is getting posted in every Bing thread. Doesn't seem necessary.

I didn't want to wait anymore. Just canceled my order. That 20% back wouldn't have been much savings for me, but it would've more than covered my tax.

[quote name='joen05']I think most people know that it's ending then. Are you trying to discourage people from taking advantage of this offer? Stuff like this is getting posted in every Bing thread. Doesn't seem necessary.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that it's July 30th, not July 1st (listed in the email the guy posted, at that). And if you go to the FAQ, Microsoft says they'll still do redemption and support for the program for the next year. So I fail to see what the problem is here.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Waited all night and all morning, cashback never arrived. I cancelled my order and re-submitted it and I just got the cashback e-mail.

Last night I used the javascript link in the first post. This time around I used "imac" in bing which worked. Last night I wasn't able to get the "imac" to work through bing. And just to confirm I did not use Paypal this time and I again chose in-store pickup.

Summary: Use the "imac" search through bing and it should work.[/QUOTE]

What kind of order did you place?

What's the most expensive order people have placed here that still hasn't gotten Bing confirmation?

[quote name='Traitorious']I'm in the same boat, though probably won't be moving until really late this summer or in the fall (depending on whenever I find a new jorb.)

I really don't want to move a big HDTV if I can help it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, exactly. I've got enough crap to deal with already without having to move a big TV as well. I at least know the address that I'm moving to -- lease is signed and everything, just waiting for the time to come -- and I'm moving within the time that the Bing cashback program is still good. I wouldn't even be considering it if I were moving later.

Of course the other question is whether anything new is coming out between now and then or whether prices will change. I'd hate to lock in something now, only to find that the price drops on it anyway before then or something better comes out for the same price. Anyone know what Best Buy does if you order something now, but they don't deliver it for a while, and the price changes in the meantime?

Thanks to everyone that helped with finding the 20% off keywords. I was on the fence about adding a Canon Mark II to my business, but with almost $800 saved, it made the decision a good bit easier...

And I got my cashback email within 5 minutes, so it's still alive at least.

I ordered a PSN card and Xbox Live points last night using the imac search. Got the Bing cashback email this morning.

I didn't get a confirmation email for my order right away but it showed up quickly in the pending on my BCB account which is the normal course of events for my previous BCB usage. I would say if it doesn't show up in the pending you might want to cancel and try again.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I don't get it how does this work?[/QUOTE]

Bing cash back or how the search term works?

Bing cash back is like a 60 day rebate.

anyone else getting SYSTEM IS DOWN if you put around 250 bucks in your cart..

if i go 225 it checks out normal but i want that 18 month same as cash

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indiana Jones']Woo hoo!!!! $540 cashback from Bing!!! Finally.[/QUOTE]
Wow! What shit did you buy?

label, the cashback is for the base price only. Not tax and/or shipping. So if you're getting a pretty expensive item, may want to factor that in in comparison to eBay or other online stores that don't charge tax.

But then you also get to factor in Rewards Zone points. I think I'll be getting $80 in them with my purchase.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone else getting SYSTEM IS DOWN if you put around 250 bucks in your cart..

if i go 225 it checks out normal but i want that 18 month same as cash[/QUOTE]

anyone else getting an error page like that

[quote name='ErikWaters']label, the cashback is for the base price only. Not tax and/or shipping. So if you're getting a pretty expensive item, may want to factor that in in comparison to eBay or other online stores that don't charge tax.

But then you also get to factor in Rewards Zone points. I think I'll be getting $80 in them with my purchase.[/QUOTE]

$80 in RZ certificates? At Premiere Silver you get 1.25% per dollar you spend and you would need 4,000 points to get $80 worth of certificates. By my math (which isn't that great mind you) that would mean you needed to spend $3,200 ($4,000 if you're not a Silver). You spent that much just now? If so damnnnn....

Any recommendations on getting a MacBook Pro with BCB + Student discount + free iPod Touch? Would asking for all the extras undo BCB in store?

[quote name='outphase']Any recommendations on getting a MacBook Pro with BCB + Student discount + free iPod Touch? Would asking for all the extras undo BCB in store?[/QUOTE]

Can't do that, BCB doesn't do the student discount and ipod deal. Need to go through Apple for any of those offers.

[quote name='ErikWaters']label, the cashback is for the base price only. Not tax and/or shipping. So if you're getting a pretty expensive item, may want to factor that in in comparison to eBay or other online stores that don't charge tax.

But then you also get to factor in Rewards Zone points. I think I'll be getting $80 in them with my purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Only ends up being about ~10% off + shipping. Not as good as I expected.

If only I was in the market for a new TV/computer.. :p

[quote name='Saix_XIII']$80 in RZ certificates? At Premiere Silver you get 1.25% per dollar you spend and you would need 4,000 points to get $80 worth of certificates. By my math (which isn't that great mind you) that would mean you needed to spend $3,200 ($4,000 if you're not a Silver). You spent that much just now? If so damnnnn....[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm not a premiere member (well, I guess I will be now once this transaction completes even though I don't plan to spend that much again for a looooong time), but I dropped 4k on a Canon 5D Mark II package with 2 lenses and a bag for my production company. Now the bad part of waiting 2 months to get $780 cashback. :whistle2:\

I just got my Bing email confirmation about 24 hours after I submitted my order. To those who didn't get one immediately, it might just take a little while.

The best part about this is that I am a Silver member (thanks to other people using my card for their purchases of big ticket items) so I got free shipping and I repurchased some stuff I got recently (within the last week).

I got a 2nd battery for my camera, a cheap $10 game that I've wanted for some time, a DVD shelf (that I already got and put together a week ago, re-bought so I can return with original receipt), a Sharper Image back massage thing that my mother wanted, a new toaster, and a board game.

Everything was already purchased within the last 3 weeks besides the toaster and the game and everything came out to be $30 more than I already paid before so it all worked out thanks to my Silver membership. Plus I get like 320 points on top of the 100 or so I have so I should have another $10 cert coming my way.

bread's done
Back