BestBuy BOGO Free on Selected HDDVD/Blu-Ray Sun 16th - Sat 22nd

Lice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Finally HDDVD is getting some BOGO love! About time too.

High Definition Discs at $29.99 Each or more Where Marked:
Buy 1, Get 1 Free // Purchases must be made on same receipt

Free Discs must be of equal or lesser value:

The Bourne Ultimatum

Blades Of Glory

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

Knocked Up: Unrated

Disturbia

Mr. Bean’s Holiday

Shrek The Third

Evan Almighty

Transformers

Harry Potter & Order Of The Phoenix

The Departed

Shooter

Ocean’s Thirteen

LinkinPrime Edit:
[quote name='speedy1961']
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Definition Discs at $29.99 Each or Where Marked:

Buy 1, Get 1 Free Only Good On Titles Listed In This Section // Purchases must be made on same receipt

Free Discs must be of equal or lesser value

The Bourne Ultimatum HD-DVD

Blades Of Glory HD-DVD

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry HD-DVD

Knocked Up: Unrated HD-DVD

Disturbia HD-DDVD

Mr. Bean’s Holiday HD-DVD

Shrek The Third HD-DVD

Evan Almighty HD-DVD

Transformers HD-DVD

Harry Potter & Order Of The Phoenix HD-DVD >>>> $32.99

The Departed HD-DVD >>>> $34.99

Shooter HD-DVD >>>> $34.99

Ocean’s Thirteen HD-DVD >>>> $34.99

300 HD-DVD >>>> $34.99

Crank Blu-Ray

300 Blu-Ray

28 Weeks Later Blu-Ray

Spider-man 3 Blu-Ray

The Condemned Blu-Ray

Hostel: Part II Blu-Ray

Ocean’s Thirteen Blu-Ray

Underworld: Evolution Blu-Ray

The Departed Blu-Ray

SAW III Blu-Ray

Harry Potter & Order Of The Phoenix Blu-Ray >>>> $32.99

Mr. Brooks Blu-Ray >>>> $34.99

Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer Blu-Ray >>>> $34.99

Mr. & Mrs. Smith Blu-Ray >>>> $34.99

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/quote]

[quote name='lawdood']Good deal...too bad Evan Almighty is barely worth being free. Knocked Up on the other hand is a great movie.[/quote]

There is nothing barely about that movie.. it was god afwul, honestly, i have sat through some bad movies, this one was one of the worst movies I had ever seen... I felt sorry for the great Morgan Freeman and John Goodman

don't feel sorry for Freeman

He knew what he was getting into..i'm sure the $20 mill check didn't hurt his finances.

Picked up Spider-Man 3 (BD) and Transformers (HD-DVD) tonight.

I got lucky since it was last copy of Transformers the store I went to had.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']^^^^

I did this, I bought x2 Bourne Ultimatums yesterday, I came back with my receipt today when the sale started and got $30+ tax back. Turns out I was going to put my extra Bourne copy up for trade, but I might just exchange it for Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix instead. I figure I can buy them one by once since I'm not going to get the set. I don't like the box set since it doesn't include the movies in regular HD DVD cases.[/quote]

How does this work for this situation?
HP5 was $27.99 last week, now it is $32.99 + free another HD-DVD this week (must be lower than $29.99), when you return HP5 and buy back, don't you have to pay the difference between last week price ($27.99) and this week price ($32.99, hence $5 more) and then only they allow you to get the freebie?

[quote name='cagfansub']How does this work for this situation?
HP5 was $27.99 last week, now it is $32.99 + free another HD-DVD this week (must be lower than $29.99), when you return HP5 and buy back, don't you have to pay the difference between last week price ($27.99) and this week price ($32.99, hence $5 more) and then only they allow you to get the freebie?[/quote]

I'll most likely have to pay a few bucks more, but its all good.

Does anyone own Mr Bean's Holiday? I've heard conflicting reports on PQ. I've heard from it's great to it's DVD material.. just curious

Has anyone tried getting movies not on the list? The mixup that allowed box sets with the 360 addon before thanksgiving had errors in the syatem that allowed box sets. Is it truly limited to only these titles or does the computer recognize only the ones on the list? Worth checking out I supose.

[quote name='supaet']
those dummies at bb is very likely to mess this up, because the dvd version of these movies is 19.99 while the hd version is 29.99 in store, they gave me the dvd version of course.

and they also have this thing, you can 10 bucks if they fail to give you your product in one minute, obviously I got the 10 bucks so those two hd dvds are 5 bucks each, ymmv though, but it happened to my friend also, they're very likely to mess this up.[/QUOTE]

I can also confirm many screwups are likely with instore pickup resulting in $10 off. I ordered Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Mr. Brooks figuring that they'd screw it up and I'd get them for a decent price. Sure enough when I got there they didn't even have my order behind the counter. I went and picked the two off of the shelf in the back and then the lady told me I only had Mr. Brooks on my order. Much arguing ensued and finally she gave in and just rang up the two, but ended up giving the $10 off on the free one, making it $24.99 and then free. I didn't realize this until I made it out to the car and looked at the reciept, so I had to stand in the customer service line for a third time to get my $10 back.

So basically a 10 minute process took all of 45 minutes, but I ended up getting them for around $13.50 each. Worth the hassle if you ask me.

i tried it today. unfortunately there is no glitch in the system. tried to get simpsons movie and mr and mrs smith but it did not work. Good thing for anyone that has both bluray and hd-dvd you can mix from one of each format. Key thing to remember is that you must purchase the hd-dvd's or blu-ray discs on the advertisement! HOPE THIS INFO HELPS!

I'd just like to inform anyone that got one of those "$20 off your purchase of 3 Bluray movie" coupons with their Reward Zone shit in the mail that it can not be combined with this offer. I tried with no luck today. I can post a scan of my failed reciept on request.

In for Harry Potter and The Departed (now, that would be an interesting 8th book/film), since I just bought myself a 360 w/ HD drive and got $250 BB monies for Xmas. Thanks, OP!

I picked up a couple movies today and I think I inadvertantly found a glitch. I bought 28 Weeks Later ($29.99) and Mr. and Mrs. Smith ($34.99) but was only charged $29.99 instead of $34.99 so it would appear that the point of sale is giving you the second disc free rather than the least priced one. Sure its only a few bucks but if you haven't picked any up yet give it a shot and try to get the cashier to scan the more expensive disc your buying second.

I did in-store pickup twice this week, first on knocked up and bourne, second on transformers and HP, Both time they weren't ready in 1 minute so I got $10 off both orders, and they never found transformers so they switched out the kingdom for it!

So my final tally was:

Bourne and Knocked up : $21.41
Hp and the Kingdom: $24.60
Total : $46.01/4 = $11.50

Considering placing a third for Transformers (what I want the most) and Shooter. Knowing they most likely still dont have transformers I'll get to swap it out for something else and later returning shooter and swapping it for Blade Runner.

i was able to get Circuit city to match the BOGO deal to best buy a few days ago. many of CC's HD and BR DVDs are a little cheaper than BB. yesterday, i used a $20 off any three BR DVD purchase coupon from Reward Zone at BB. picked up Order of the Phoenix and The Departed at BOGO and then added Simpsons to make my purchase eligible for the $20 off. i'm sure if i added 2 more movies from teh BOGO list instead of Simpsons, the coupon would still be valid. this BOGO opportunity is a great time to use the $20 off reward zone coupon!!!

How does the 1 minute $10 off offer work? Does one need to time it and you got to tell them its over a minute or work they or the computer know it?

Thanks on any info.

[quote name='ryosnk']How does the 1 minute $10 off offer work? Does one need to time it and you got to tell them its over a minute or work they or the computer know it?

Thanks on any info.[/quote]

My Best Buy has a digital clock that counts down a minute. I assume it starts from the moment they go to look for the item you bought online, but I've never actually seen it happen. When I got something from them, they never started the clock.

[quote name='ryosnk']How does the 1 minute $10 off offer work? Does one need to time it and you got to tell them its over a minute or work they or the computer know it?

Thanks on any info.[/quote]

I went there today and it looks like they have a big digital clock there, and then a big blue button on the counter which i guess starts the countdown.
Of course, they didnt say anything about it or use it today when i picked up my
Transformers and Shrek 3 HDDVDs. Was under a minute so didn't bitch.

bread's done
Back