BestBuy Buy One Select Pre-Owned Game, Get 40% Off a Second Xbox One or PS4 preowned games

I ended up breaking down and doing Titanfall and Injustice for about $50 total. I wasn't initially sure about Titanfall but I guess I'll give it a shit for that price.
IDK if the disc will get scratched after digesting it. You might want to play it instead of shit it

I would jump on this if they had Wolfenstein in stock.

Worse case i could just get 2 copies of SS for $40 + tax in store and use it as a GS credit mover  with a $20 profit.

i tried to do this in store around noon with 2 copies of infamous and they rang up at 49.99 instead of 27.99. then price matching it to the website price negated my gcu discount since its applied to the reg price before the price match. anyone get infamous in store for 27.99? maybe the price hadnt gone live in their system yet?

i tried to do this in store around noon with 2 copies of infamous and they rang up at 49.99 instead of 27.99. then price matching it to the website price negated my gcu discount since its applied to the reg price before the price match. anyone get infamous in store for 27.99? maybe the price hadnt gone live in their system yet?
My store had to manually override it to $28, but GCU and the promo still worked afterwards.

That happens at my local store. They don't seem to keep up with the price changes online.

Yeah I ordered forza 5 and infamous SS and it came to 46.xx. When I picked them up as I was getting in my car I noticed forza still had the XB1 seal sticker then I looked at the barcodes on each one. They gave me brand new copies as there wasn't the typical preowned one stickered over it and the infamous was even the limited edition... Talk about a lucky day!

Yeah I ordered forza 5 and infamous SS and it came to 46.xx. When I picked them up as I was getting in my car I noticed forza still had the XB1 seal sticker then I looked at the barcodes on each one. They gave me brand new copies as there wasn't the typical preowned one stickered over it and the infamous was even the limited edition... Talk about a lucky day!
Lol i love when BB makes mistakes. I noticed it seems to happen a lot more often. I still like the time when i went in on the midnight release of the xone and picked up some of my reserved games and somehow the girl managed to give me a copy of BF4 for free.

Last week I picked up Infamous SS new when it was $39.99 but I left it wrapped just in case there was another price drop.  Turns out this is what I was waiting for.  So now I got a $12 refund on Infamous and essentially got Watch Dogs for $18.  Very happy about this, thanks OP!

Got Infamous SS and Watchdogs for ps4 for 57 dollas total shipped. Perty good deal! Thanks OP!

Infamous and BF4 for $60, not bad. Just got in on a PS4 today at Target for cheap, so basically got a PS4 and two games for regular price. Good day.

Cancelled BF4 when reading about some of the save glitches and such that are still persistent in the game. I'll wait for a really cheap sale/PS+. Kept Infamous at $29 shipped, which seems to have been changed at some point to $49.99 for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone buy Infamous in store today? If so was the sale price live in store or did you have to get them to pm the website?

Did anyone buy Infamous in store today? If so was the sale price live in store or did you have to get them to pm the website?
I tried buying 2 copies in store. For some reason one copy range up 49.99 and the other rang up the sale price 27.99. The lady tried to different things to get them both to ring the same price but it didn't work. I also had her just ring up one copy and it rang up the 49.99 price.

I tried buying 2 copies in store. For some reason one copy range up 49.99 and the other rang up the sale price 27.99. The lady tried to different things to get them both to ring the same price but it didn't work. I also had her just ring up one copy and it rang up the 49.99 price.
Thanks for the info. That's what I needed to know.

Just can't decide to pull the trigger. Anyone else think Infamous is a price mistake that will be fixed by in the morning?

Just can't decide to pull the trigger. Anyone else think Infamous is a price mistake that will be fixed by in the morning?
After Black Flag Xbox One preowned mistake, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they meant for Second Son to be $47.99 instead of $27.99 and fix it in the morning. They also might fix it so they take 40% off the cheaper game. From one Nashvillain to another, if you are thinking about this, get in while the gettin's good.

They had to PM the website for me. Seems like that's always the case on the first day of the sale at the store I go to. They're always cool about it , doesn't take more than two minutes.

I want to get Watch Dogs, but I know it's going to be cheaper down the line. I'll hold out for it.

Edit: can't find a second game to pair Watch Dogs with...Oh well.

Was one limited edition and one standard? Or both the same?

Tried as well, both of my copies rang up for $49.99. They had to override it for me. They wouldn't apply my GCU because they said I wasn't able to pricematch the sale price and the use the promotion at the same time. Told me it was either or, and I told them that it works in my cart. They finally caved after 5+ minutes of discussing. I love Best Buy, but sometimes they're so frustrating.

Placed an order for infamous in store pick up and zoo tycoon ship to home.

The system was going to have a copy shipped to the store even though they have 6 copies. (now 5)

Went back to my store again today and try for 2 copies of SS.  The girl working tonight has always been helpful and she was able to price match both games for 27.99 and one of them took the 40% off.  Even though I didn't get the 10% with GCU because of the price match i still got both games right around $48 with tax.

Thanks OP, I've been looking for a good deal to pick Black Flag back up - that one's been pretty stubborn, especially for an AC game.  $57 after tax for it & inFamous works for me.  :)  

I tried this and it worked for me, but you need to be able to find that nice employee to actually want to price match the discounted price...

I added both Injustice and SS into my cart online. I then showed her my cart on my phone and used the price for SS and asked if they would price match their website. She said sure. After trying to do both price matches in the same transaction, it took 40% off the second one, but of course it wasn't going to come up with the same total since the system doesn't glitch in-store. She happily made two separate transactions for each copy of SS. $15.11 each out the door. That was a nice experience. I would say give it a try. They can only say no. 

Thanks to the OP for the heads up. I had bought Second Son for store pick up just to have something to play on my new system, then saw this thread. Went with pre-owned Watch Dogs to go with it and will have them shipped instead.

Got both games today and I ordered them Sunday afternoon.  I hesitated having them shipped because I wasn't sure how long it would take, but it was really fast.  I will likely do shipping in the future unless the game really is on hand at my closest BB.

Edit: Infamous came in its proper case, but Watch Dogs came in a generic case.  Also, both discs were flawless.  I talked to a Best Buy employee because both came shrink wrapped and he told me that games that are traded in are sent out to a third-party and completely restored before being sold again by Best Buy.  Needless to say, I was impressed with my order.

Thanks OP! Picked up Infamous SS (which i really wanted) and Tomb Raider. Now i have something to play on my new PS4 from the target deal.

Only sucky part is i have to wait for them to ship even though i checked the store stock today and they had titles i wanted even though the inventory tracker said it didn't.

But two games for 27.00 is a win ( had reward zone certs)

I had infamous and injustice shipped to me , already got infamous today and injustice hasn't even shipped yet . I've ordered tons of games from best buy and never had a scenario like that from the same order . Just glad infamous came in , even if for whatever reason they cancel injustice it would work out in my favor .

Even with new items they tend to ship items separately. It would seem that they try to ship from the nearest available location for each item even if it must be costing them a lot of money by not finding a location that has the entire order. I can understand the idea behind it but in some ways it's less convenient to have to worry about multiple packages.

Received Infamous SS (standard edition) excellent condition, case, artwork, no scratches on cd

Received Watch Dogs acceptable condition, someone stepped on the case and its broken at the spine, artwork crushed at the same location, cd with a few scratches (one deep scratch).

Received Watch Dogs acceptable condition, someone stepped on the case and its broken at the spine, artwork crushed at the same location, cd with a few scratches (one deep scratch).
Worst I've ever heard. Try going to the store and ask for an exchange? They might have to mail it to you though. Worst I've had was crushed case as well, but never any scratches let alone deep ones on the disc.

bread's done
Back