BestBuy.com - Arkham Origins (360/PS3) w/steelbook - $50 (YMMV)

pscloud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Ordered the Best Buy exclusive steelbook for Store Pickup, and it came with the game.  So $10 off with steelbook and some of the pre-order bonuses - it has the Deathstroke DLC, but I don't see the Robin/Tim Drake skin.

PS3 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-arkham-origins-collectible-case-gift-with-pre-order-playstation-3/1602415.p?id=1219056779710&skuId=1602415

360 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-arkham-origins-collectible-case-gift-with-pre-order-xbox-360-windows-other/1602391.p?id=1219056777695&skuId=1602391

YMMV since I don't know if every Best Buy will give the game with the steelbook, but figure if it doesn't, you could just return it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam, thats just awful.  The case was the only reason I pre-ordered this, with new dev team and all.  Don't know if a return would be worth the hassle though.

Side-note, but the Vita version of Batman is really awesome. Enjoying it very much, easily one of the top 10 must own Vita games IMO.

Side-note, but the Vita version of Batman is really awesome. Enjoying it very much, easily one of the top 10 must own Vita games IMO.
That's interesting since everything I've read about it has cast it in a consistently negative light. Based on your recommendation, however, I'll have to keep an eye on its price. :)

So I had trouble getting mine at pick up.  The store where I pre-ordered, well the chick didn't know about the pre-order case, then said you get it when you pre-ordered it, then said they email it to you (Emailing a case? hmm ok), then had me go to the computer department where she handed me to someone else who then realized that they do have it.

Seriously restructuring the media department and staff has really screwed things up.  BTW..was there suppose to be some sort of artwork with the case?

That's interesting since everything I've read about it has cast it in a consistently negative light. Based on your recommendation, however, I'll have to keep an eye on its price. :)

Will look for that after Christmas since it's after Origins.
Granted it isn't for everyone, no game is. But I feel the graphics are top notch for a Vita game, the cutscenes are kind of cool due to the comic art style/presentation. The game is a Metroid style game so there is back tracking and getting new hidden items. The combat is exactly like the console versions but on a 2.5 plain.

What I was most impressed with was the detective mode on the Vita. A simple tap on the touch screen enables X-Ray, but holding your finger on the screen brings up a viewfinder/circle that allows you to examine specific items in the environment for clues and information on certain doors and items. I felt this used the touch screen very well and honestly was really intuitive.

I am not that far into the game, but I am a big fan of AA and AC (yet to get AO) and I love Metroid-style gameplay. The main reason I got this was due to a $5 credit from amazon facebook promo and the $10 back on a future order. I am very glad I did get it though. With AOB and KZM I am loving my Vita right now.

My case hasn't arrived yet in the mail and the tracking isn't showing anything. >{ wtf is going on?
I pre-ordered this game awhile ago for the metal case bonus for myself and the game as a bday present and I received notice on Monday 10/21 that the metal case had shipped out and Wednesday 10/23 that the game had. Until yesterday neither of the tracking numbers listed anything. When they finally did come to find out the game and case weren't even picked up by UPS until 10/25, the release date. I am guessing they boxed the items and created the tracking numbers earlier in the week and their system automatically sends an email saying that it has shipped even though that isn't the case. Really misleading and if it wasn't for the fact that this copy wasn't for myself since I got the CE from Amazon, I would have been pretty angry about the false shipping notice.

Anyways long story short, your case probably wasn't shipped out until this weekend regardless of what the email said and your tracking number will probably display info either today or early next week.

If you want the steelbook, you should hurry, as the last time there was a "Gift with Pre-order" thing (GTA V Lithograph), I bought it and my order came without it.

Luckily, CS came through and gave me a $30 GC, but if you actually wanted this, order.
Here is link to the lithograph and you can choose for in store pickup: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/grand-theft-auto-v-lithograph-gift-with-pre-order-playstation-3-xbox-360/1541008.p?id=1219055279091&skuid=1541008&sellerId=

Granted it isn't for everyone, no game is. But I feel the graphics are top notch for a Vita game, the cutscenes are kind of cool due to the comic art style/presentation. The game is a Metroid style game so there is back tracking and getting new hidden items. The combat is exactly like the console versions but on a 2.5 plain.

What I was most impressed with was the detective mode on the Vita. A simple tap on the touch screen enables X-Ray, but holding your finger on the screen brings up a viewfinder/circle that allows you to examine specific items in the environment for clues and information on certain doors and items. I felt this used the touch screen very well and honestly was really intuitive.

I am not that far into the game, but I am a big fan of AA and AC (yet to get AO) and I love Metroid-style gameplay. The main reason I got this was due to a $5 credit from amazon facebook promo and the $10 back on a future order. I am very glad I did get it though. With AOB and KZM I am loving my Vita right now.
Oh the game definately interests me, it's just since the story takes place after the console one I need to play that first.

A slight update on my Metalpak situation, got a call from the BB Sunday at noon and apparently they had someone calling every single preorder to tell them to come back and get their case so no one who picked up all day Friday or Saturday morning (I came in around 1 pm) had bothered to ask about it.

bread's done
Back