Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']OK, EZtrade-In folks, good news!

I just got paid for my "test" trade today.

Here are the details:

- Mailed on April 20th
- Received (according to DC) on April 23rd
- Verified on April 30th, with note saying I will be paid within 7 days
- Paid 3 days later via PayPal

That definitely makes me feel better about the one I sent in last week and the one I have ready to go today.[/QUOTE]

What game(s) did you trade in?

[quote name='backseatdog']What game(s) did you trade in?[/QUOTE]

:360: Destroy All Humans Path of Furon (was $20).

I also have success to report on my first transaction with ebay EZTrade-in (http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/)

Sent in Beatles Rock Band x4 (X360) @ $20 quoted each (all complete) = $80 total

Here are the details:

- Mailed on April 19th
- Received (according to USPS) on April 21st
- Verified on saturday May 1st (10 days later), with note saying I will be paid within 7 days
- Paid on monday May 3rd (2 days later) via PayPal

So, 12 days total processing time.

Note: I handwrote "ezTrade-in #XXXXXX-#YYYYYY" (where XXXXXX is the first of the 4 trade-in IDs they gave me, and YYYYYY is the last of the 4) on the shipping label (above where it says "Best Buy Trade-In" at the top of the address). However, I really doubt that doing so was necessary. I just figured it wouldn't hurt.

Also of note: Their TIV for Beatles Rock Band (X360) dropped to $9.00 (on May 1st I think it was). I was a tad bit worried (like some other posters here), that they'd try to screw me over and only pay me $9.00 per copy. But they didn't, and they paid me the quoted $20 value that I "locked in" on April 19th.

Last edited by a moderator:
can someone help me out with this DC number...i have never turned in a prepaid label like this...what is the actual DC number that I can track:

Typically it's the first 20 numbers, though I just tried that and it said that info is not available for that number.

Were there any letters in your DC#? If so, then it's a UPS tracking number.

If anything, I'd log in on the Best Buy/Deal Tree site and copy down the numbers from the bottom of your shipping label exactly and then enter those in on the USPS site where it allows you to for tracking.

The DC numbers I have for my EZTrade-In submissions are 30 digits. It's just whatever is written underneath the delivery confirmation bar code. Your code there doesn't register as a valid number - but that could be the case if you just generated it today. It should show something like this in a day or two if that's the case:

Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 1, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

That's one I just mailed today - hopefully in a day or two it will show some intermediate tracking info.

[quote name='Ace!']can someone help me out with this DC number...i have never turned in a prepaid label like this...what is the actual DC number that I can track:

4202103191020105212972931672[/QUOTE]

Apparently the whole number should work. You can also get it by going back to the PDF that pops up for your shipping label. The URL has the tracking number at the end and should begin with 91... like how I highlighted above.

sent in on 4/27 and they received it on 5/1

hopefully, i will get verified within the next 7 days. it takes this long right? and then i still have to wait for the money? i need the money! :p

[quote name='david12795']sent in on 4/27 and they received it on 5/1

hopefully, i will get verified within the next 7 days. it takes this long right? and then i still have to wait for the money? i need the money! :p[/QUOTE]

You most likely wont be verified for 10 days then tack on another 10 to 12 days for them to ship your giftcard or give you a paypal payment. This is pushing it too, they are slow as fuck.

[quote name='Mikocouch']You most likely wont be verified for 10 days then tack on another 10 to 12 days for them to ship your giftcard or give you a paypal payment. This is pushing it too, they are slow as fuck.[/QUOTE]

fuck. oh well. as long im getting my money, im good.

I just got verified for my two orders as well. Pretty much the same schedule as the others. I'm just glad the USPS didn't return the packages due to "insufficient postage" considering one of the boxes I had was 8lbs with a 4lb label on it.

Tight :) Just got verification for the 2nd and 3rd 10 packs I sent. 10lbps and 10 misc all at the verified price :) Great Day so far. and I found out I'm pregnant again! :) and my cat is being declawed/spayed/vaccines. and mw2 stim pak today! awesome freakn day :)

I just got "verification" for my first trade-in as well. It included 6 copies of Call of Juarez (4x360, 2xPS3) and 1 of Assassin's Creed 2 (360). However I put "verified" in quotes because it says this:

"NOTE: if a discrepancy in verified values is found within the next 7 days, another copy of this email will be sent to you with updated values."

So basically it's "verified" but it isn't verified. Seven more days to get paid, and seven more days for the value to change. Still, I don't really expect them to change the value. I'm going to ship off another (smaller) set of games now.

FYI, USPS verified deliver on April 26th, so it's been 8 days since they arrived.

Sent my games in on the 23rd they received it on the 24th
and was verified today
NHL10-$30
ASSASSIN'S CREED 2-$30
SAINTS ROW 2-$9
TONY HAWK AMERICAN WASTELAND-$4

[quote name='Velo214'] Great Day so far. and I found out I'm pregnant again! :) [/QUOTE]

Dammit - but you're our super sexy CAGger... No pregnancy photos, please ;) Congratulations! That's great! I am a one and done parent, but family is awesome. Enjoy!!! BTW - just kidding about the pregger photos. Pregnant women are sexy, too. :)

I am still waiting for my 2 orders to verify. They received them last week - Thursday and Friday, I believe, so I should see something shortly.

Finally, they have shipped out my giftcards.

Shipped the games out 4/13

verified on 4/23

giftcards shipped 5/4

Slowest process ever, but im glad they didn't short change me on the trade in values.

i dont know if this was brought up already, but theyre only giving $10 for little big planet for ps3 now, not 30, maybe it was an error? or they got enough already, who knows

[quote name='JD797']i dont know if this was brought up already, but theyre only giving $10 for little big planet for ps3 now, not 30, maybe it was an error? or they got enough already, who knows[/QUOTE]

it's been covered to deathhhhh

[quote name='JD797']i dont know if this was brought up already, but theyre only giving $10 for little big planet for ps3 now, not 30, maybe it was an error? or they got enough already, who knows[/QUOTE]

You can thank velo for that lol, j/k. I got the email that my gift cards are being shipped.

Received - 18th
Verified - 23rd
Gift Sent - May 4th

yeah, lol, i got 10 of my lbp's verified today for 30 each/ woot :) along with my 10misc games I rebought cheaper new(sacred 2/disgaea3/AC2/etc). The only game I need to rebuy is Darksiders and I couldn't pass 30 tiv when I know they thq will sell it new for cheaper(or give away free/after months of waiting/lol) eventually.

[quote name='John187']L4D2 xbox 360 is now 20$ for trade in :( I have 3 copies I was gonna send them[/QUOTE]

Get your quotes when they're high, theres no penalty for canceling. Better than what happened to you

That's why I was leery about waiting too long to mail out my games, since I figured knowing my luck some error would stall my package at the post office right down the road from the processing center and it'd get there on day 31 and I'd be SOL and either have to pay $60 to get my shit mailed back to me or take the lower trade values.

Either way, it would appear that my card(s) are en route as of now. So....KA-CHING!

Have an issue with the Bestbuy trade was wondering if anyone else ran into the issue and whether or not am I going to have to contact my local USPS.

My package on the USPS website says delivered but shows delivery:

Delivered, April 29, 2010, 3:06 pm, COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030

Meanwhile the address which was on the Bestbuy package was the following:
10957 McCormick RD
Hunt Valley MD 21031

Am I in the uh oh zone? Any help or advice is appreciated.

[quote name='YawnAmuroYawn']Have an issue with the Bestbuy trade was wondering if anyone else ran into the issue and whether or not am I going to have to contact my local USPS.

My package on the USPS website says delivered but shows delivery:

Delivered, April 29, 2010, 3:06 pm, COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030

Meanwhile the address which was on the Bestbuy package was the following:
10957 McCormick RD
Hunt Valley MD 21031

Am I in the uh oh zone? Any help or advice is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

it was answered before that apparently from cockeysville to hunt valley is 5 minutes away. but both my packages were delivered to cockeysville instead of hunt valley.. but i havent heard anything from them yet so....

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']it was answered before that apparently from cockeysville to hunt valley is 5 minutes away. but both my packages were delivered to cockeysville instead of hunt valley.. but i havent heard anything from them yet so....[/QUOTE]

Yes, Hunt Valley is in Cockeysville.

I got my 6 Little Big Planets verified this morning at the $30 price point via the eBay Paypal Trade In. :D

[quote name='h2dk']Thanks for the update...mine was received (DC) on the 26th, I'll update when I get verified[/QUOTE]
(eztradein)
Package received on the 26th verified 5/5
Packages received on the 30th verified 5/5

I've done mail-in trades with Best Buy before, as well as Amazon and TRU-

Best Buy has the longest turn-around time of any trade-in program. If they improved that it'd be competitive to Amazon, coz BB TIV is sometimes better. Man, but this wait is a bit frustrating but the TIVs this time are hard to pass up.

Mine were sent April the 26th, received (per USPS) the 28th and 29th... They verified yesterday night and this morning... for what I had locked in (30 for LBP and ACII and then a couple of random games that I sent in, as well). Just waiting for a gift card now...

[quote name='dabamus']Just think how many penny guides you guys can buy with your gift cards. :D[/QUOTE]

My closest BB still has ones from the last drop(4-5 Prince Of Persia, 5-6 Warhammer, 2 Champions Online, etc), though I was just there today and talked with the one girl who gets a kick out of the free game after coupon glitch and penny guide hunting I do.:lol:

We bs'd for a bit, then I did my best El Hoardo impersonation and grabbed all four of those Rocketfish Turbo BlueTooth PS3 controllers they had for $42.39.

I'm gonna test one out in a little while, fully charge it and then try it wirelessly to see if it's as laggy as some say. If not, then hell of a deal for $10 apiece. I'll probably give one to my one buddy for his nieces to be able to play co-op on some games.

[quote name='demonOda']why hve the prices gone down so much...killzone 2 is now $7...lbp is worth more than the goty version....wats goin on[/QUOTE]

It's called we all took major advantage of those prices and they probably received dozens upon dozens(if not hundreds;))of copies of each game that was worth $20 or $30, so I don't blame them for bottoming out the values.

You just have to strike while you can.:D:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's called we all took major advantage of those prices and they probably received dozens upon dozens(if not hundreds;))of copies of each game that was worth $20 or $30, so I don't blame them for bottoming out the values.

You just have to strike while you can.:D:booty:[/QUOTE]

I got lbp for like $8 bucks at that GS online deal

[quote name='Velo214']wow $8 that's a deal. I thought 10 for 150 was a deal with the used ones and 40% off. how did you get it down to 8 each?[/QUOTE]

Yea I got 10 for $150 as well

So do you actually get what the Estimator says or does it vary? The fact that they use the word estimate is kind of worrisome. Because if they get my game and then they give me less than the estimate that would suck.

Nevermind. Tiv's are crap.

Got my estimates verified and the card should be on the way:

L4D2 (2)= 60.00
AC2= 30.00
Wolverine= 20.00

Total= 110.00 is not bad since I only paid a total of 80 for the games.

bread's done
Back