Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the hell is this on the front page? All the trade in offers right now are garbage. Please don't respond to this topic when there are no deals.

[quote name='freshzen']Why the hell is this on the front page? All the trade in offers right now are garbage. Please don't respond to this topic when there are no deals.[/QUOTE]

as chris rock would say "who the fuck is you?" I'll respond whenever I like.

Supreme commander 2 trades in at $5 and selling right now for $7.99. $3 rental if anyone wants to try this game. I'm very tempted even though it dropped like a rock.

Dealtree video games trade-in is dead.

I tried the trade-in link earlier today and it kept just taking me to the basic Dealtree home page. I emailed them asking if it was just temporarily missing or gone for good, here's their response:

"Thank you for contacting us. If you would like to trade-in a video game, please visit www.bestbuytradein.com/bb as EZtradein is no longer accepting video game trade-ins. We appreciate your business."

Disappointing. That Paypal option for trades will be sorely missed by me personally, at least.

I responded asking if the trades I've had locked in prior to today would still be accepted...no response yet, but here's hoping...

[quote name='freshzen']Why the hell is this on the front page? All the trade in offers right now are garbage. Please don't respond to this topic when there are no deals.[/QUOTE]

Would you rather have people creating new threads when they want to ask a question or bumping an old thread?

[quote name='grizbo']Dealtree video games trade-in is dead.

I tried the trade-in link earlier today and it kept just taking me to the basic Dealtree home page. I emailed them asking if it was just temporarily missing or gone for good, here's their response:

"Thank you for contacting us. If you would like to trade-in a video game, please visit www.bestbuytradein.com/bb as EZtradein is no longer accepting video game trade-ins. We appreciate your business."

Disappointing. That Paypal option for trades will be sorely missed by me personally, at least.

I responded asking if the trades I've had locked in prior to today would still be accepted...no response yet, but here's hoping...[/QUOTE]

This is indeed sad to hear. I had my trade-ins all accepted yesterday (sent a couple days after Christmas, around the 28th I think) and paid as well so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Yesterday I traded in the following online for gift cards, all higher TIV's than amazon, gamestop, even glyde resell prices:
Army of Two (360) - $4
Fallout New Vegas (360) - $25
Medal of Honor (360) - $20
Wolfenstein (360) - $10

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Yesterday I traded in the following online, all higher TIV's than amazon, gamestop, even glyde resell prices:
Army of Two (360) - $4
Fallout New Vegas (360) - $25
Medal of Honor (360) - $20
Wolfenstein (360) - $10[/QUOTE]

Traded in where ?

[quote name='Donut2922']Does DealTree care about SKU's like Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Depends. With the Shaun White Deal, neither of the two UPC codes that Best Buy carried (One with DLC and one without DLC) matched the UPC that the Dealtree website had listed. They still accepted both of them when I traded. Same thing happened with littlebigplanet way back when that got $30.

Just curious, are Best Buy's instore trade in prices the same as online? (I would check myself, but the employees are SOOOO damn douchey here).

If so, some of thier prices on older games are insane. 15$ for Dead to Rights Retribution and Dante's Inferno, 20$ for Vanquish, even still 15$ for Enslaved.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just curious, are Best Buy's instore trade in prices the same as online? (I would check myself, but the employees are SOOOO damn douchey here).

If so, some of thier prices on older games are insane. 15$ for Dead to Rights Retribution and Dante's Inferno, 20$ for Vanquish, even still 15$ for Enslaved.[/QUOTE]

In my experience both in-store and online trade in prices are the same.

I'm pleasantly surprised at some old game's values. GH3 and GH: Aerosmith for $7 a pop is not bad at all.

[quote name='confoosious']yup[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bezerker']Depends. With the Shaun White Deal, neither of the two UPC codes that Best Buy carried (One with DLC and one without DLC) matched the UPC that the Dealtree website had listed. They still accepted both of them when I traded. Same thing happened with littlebigplanet way back when that got $30.[/QUOTE]

Good to know - Thanks for the heads up guys.

They are the same. I traded a bunch of old (but high value) games last month in-store and the teller just did the same process you do online on a customer service computer.

[quote name='confoosious']So what's this about being able to buy a kindle gift card with bb credit?[/QUOTE]

BB credit converts to amazon credit, by buying amazon kindle cards located at Kindles display in store.

I had bought a bunch of copies of Shaun White Skateboarding when it was $10 at Best Buy with the RZ coupon to flip. Unfortunately that was very unsuccessful, but I was able to take advantage of the fact that Best Buy was giving $14 in store credit for each copy. They originally cost me something like $64 dollars, and I traded them all in for a total of 84 dollars worth of gift cards. I am unfortunately still waiting on my gift cards, but when they arrive it will be a $20 swing in my favor (plus the RZ points).

[quote name='Toss']BB credit converts to amazon credit, by buying amazon kindle cards located at Kindles display in store.[/QUOTE]

thanks. I figured as much but usually you can't use GCs to buy GCs.

Man there are some great TIVs if you pick your spots. Last week I traded in DA:O and Assassin's Creed II for $15 each, and today I was randomly checking and looks like the TIV for Sega Superstars Tennis is up to $5 whereas GS is $0.20.

Also, the Rock Revolutions that I've been sitting on since last year are at $3, which isn't bad all things considered.

How long do they take to process games once they are received on average? My trade in was delivered on Monday and it's almost Friday... just seems like a long time.

Edit- They notified me on Saturday, so about 5 days... pretty long time.

I want to trade games for paypal but the link in the OP takes me to a site that is only accepting game systems. Is there another site?

[quote name='ZildjianKX']How long do they take to process games once they are received on average? My trade in was delivered on Monday and it's almost Friday... just seems like a long time.

Edit- They notified me on Saturday, so about 5 days... pretty long time.[/QUOTE]

And it's gonna take another long length to actually get your gift card.

Unless they are giving at least 2-3 bucks more than others, BB/Dealtree is a pain in the ass.

Since there are almost 120 pages of info in this thread, this has probably already been posted but:

CoD MW2 for :ps3: trades in for $18. Great deal since I only payed $8.99 for a used copy from GS during the holidays.

About to trade in a ton of stuff there in the next few days. Dante's Inferno still gets 15$, Vanquish gets 20$, hell BulletStorm gets 38$ there.

Got a question. The rule state that We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Does that mean:

I can trade in 3 Fifa world cup 2010 for ps3 AND 360
or
I can trade in a combination of 3 Fifa world cup 2010 regardless of system?

[quote name='Xellos2099']Got a question. The rule state that We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Does that mean:

I can trade in 3 Fifa world cup 2010 for ps3 AND 360
or
I can trade in a combination of 3 Fifa world cup 2010 regardless of system?[/QUOTE]

per SKU

bread's done
Back