Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you get a $25 GC for each game traded in or is it just 1 to each customer? Say if i bought 4 copies would i get $100 worth of giftcards or only the $25?

[quote name='Rickyricc']Do you get a $25 GC for each game traded in or is it just 1 to each customer? Say if i bought 4 copies would i get $100 worth of giftcards or only the $25?[/QUOTE]

$100 if you send in all 4 at once (quantity of 4). Unless you sent them in one game at a time then you would get 4 separate gift cards valued at $25 each.

[quote name='Rickyricc']Do you get a $25 GC for each game traded in or is it just 1 to each customer? Say if i bought 4 copies would i get $100 worth of giftcards or only the $25?[/QUOTE]

I believe that it depends on the trade. Say, you were quoted for 5 games at 20 each, I believe, that they would send you 1 GC worth $120. Later you added two separate trades with one game each at 25 per game, you'd get two $25 GC. At least that's how I understand it.

[quote name='yruluis']I believe that it depends on the trade. Say, you were quoted for 6 games at 20 each, I believe, that they would send you 1 GC worth $120. Later you added two separate trades with one game each at 25 per game, you'd get two $25 GC. At least that's how I understand it.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='yruluis']I believe that it depends on the trade. Say, you were quoted for 5 games at 20 each, I believe, that they would send you 1 GC worth $120. Later you added two separate trades with one game each at 25 per game, you'd get two $25 GC. At least that's how I understand it.[/QUOTE]

I did 2 trade-in's in March for Best Buy gift cards. The first trade in totaled $200 and the second was for $140. About a month later, I received just one gift card in the mail for the total amout of $340.

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']So did anyone have a similar problem as to the one I posted on the previous page where stuff no longer shows up in your previous trades or is that common practice?[/QUOTE]

No, I have everything from my first completed trade to my last estimate submission showing on my account page.

[quote name='Velo214']gamestop is trying this new card in 3 cities/states. StL is one of them. I didnt have to buy a new one, i just walked in and the manager(im friends with) told me to give him my card and he just transferred my credit and gave me this shiny new progamer card. its for contests and you earn points n stuff or something.
i was at tru and they have tons of the lego games if you are having trouble finding them. starwars, indy 1/2 and batman all $20 at the register.

nixmahn why would they ban you for making seperate orders? i maybe understand the 10 at once but seperate orders seems crazy to be banned, even cancelled seems odd.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so that was the "pilot" new Edge program. I thought I had missed something. As for Lego Indy at TRU, maybe... I was at TRU last night and they had the big Lego game display at the front register and it was full of Star Wars and Batman and Lego Indy 1, but not a single copy of Lego Indy 2 for any of the 3 systems. At Best Buy they had ONE 360 copy and no others. I'm sure it can be found (Fred Meyer perhaps) but I'd only want to spend $20 somewhere there is another benefit along with it (RZ at Best Buy for example).

[quote name='Velo214']just stopped by gamestop store and picked up 3 legoindy2's perfect condition. B2G1 free with my powerup coupon so $32.38 total flippn for $75 woot. im gonna try to plat it first but heard its a bit glitchy so i wont stress about 100%. thanx for the info :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, again, I can't imagine finding 3 of them at one store to buy. I picked up one used 360 copy yesterday but according to the store locator there are only a hnadful of used copies (again, for any system) within 100 miles of me - maybe 1 in 5 or 6 stores has any, and it is probably just one copy).

Alright cool, guess ill go shopping for some Lego Indiana copies!
Does anyone know how long roughly it takes for BB to receive them?

So, wait I'm kinda confused here.. is this [quoted price] + a $25 card for trading in something on their list? Like for example: Final Fantasy XIII is $25 + a $25 card = $50 in BB gift cards?

Cause if so, I'm bout to hit this up so damn hard.

[quote name='xilly']So, wait I'm kinda confused here.. is this [quoted price] + a $25 card for trading in something on their list? Like for example: Final Fantasy XIII is $25 + a $25 card = $50 in BB gift cards?

Cause if so, I'm bout to hit this up so damn hard.[/QUOTE]

Uh, no, why would you think that? You get a single $25 gift card.

[quote name='xilly']So, wait I'm kinda confused here.. is this [quoted price] + a $25 card for trading in something on their list? Like for example: Final Fantasy XIII is $25 + a $25 card = $50 in BB gift cards?

Cause if so, I'm bout to hit this up so damn hard.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Whatever the quote for said game is, that's what you'll get. So for instance Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 has a quote of $25, so you would only get a $25 gift card.

If that were the case and we would get a bonus $25 gift card or cash/paypal/check for doing the trades now, I'd be off on a trek to some out of the way BB stores and clear them out of any and all SMB copies.

It says on the email i got "Get a FREE $25 BB gift card when you trade in a game"...
Surely that means you get the trade in value + the gift card..? No?!

[quote name='Rickyricc']It says on the email i got "Get a FREE $25 BB gift card when you trade in a game"...
Surely that means you get the trade in value + the gift card..? No?![/QUOTE]
No, you actually get 2 $12.50 gift cards plus the TIV. Every 10th customer gets a free 2-day pass to Six Flags.

[quote name='dino88']no, you actually get 2 $12.50 gift cards plus the tiv. Every 10th customer gets a free 2-day pass to six flags.[/quote]

lmao

[quote name='donut']lmao[/QUOTE]
+1

I wonder if I got that same email and just passed it off as junk/spam. Dammit. Why won't Hotmail let me see all of the junk mail I delete on top of the spammy junk I get from sites I know I've registered for.:cry:

[quote name='Rickyricc']It says on the email i got "Get a FREE $25 BB gift card when you trade in a game"...
Surely that means you get the trade in value + the gift card..? No?![/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's kind of misleading.

From their site directly:

Just successfully trade in a game from this list of more than 140 choices, and you'll get a $25 Best Buy gift card!

That doesn't say "if you send anything on this list, we'll give you $25!".

Cause otherwise, why would people be going gaga for $5? Paying $20 to trade it for $25 is barely worth the gas money to drive to the store, buy it, and take it to the post office.

Now, if it were actually done the way it's worded.. Paying $20 to get $50 is a monster deal.

Cause I see about 7 games now, that I can get on that list for under $20, but.. I dunno.. paying $140 for $170 in best buy credit isn't exactly an awesome deal.

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']Does the game have to have the instruction manual?[/QUOTE]

It does if you want the full trade in value.

[quote name='xilly']It does if you want the full trade in value.[/QUOTE]

not entirely true, it may be ymmv but i have sent in 4 with no instruction manual and gotten full value for them

[quote name='rr423']any good flips im looking to get rid of these gamestop cards.[/QUOTE]
Step 1: Find list of current higher value games from Best Buy/ Deal Tree site.
Step 2: Bring up Gamestop.com, look up new/used copies of each game on the BB/DT site list on GS.com.
Step 3: Buy copies of games with good flip ratio from GS.com, hoping they arrive complete and mint.
Step 4: ???????
Step 5: PROFIT!!

lol. that would be nice but i highly doubt $25 extra g.c.'s. yeah i got lucky. there are 2 gamestops within a few mins of eachother and the first one i went to had 2 for 360 and 1 for ps3 all perfect condition. i didnt even stop by the other one cuz i was just there using the b2g1f i had in hand. 48->75 isnt bad either, but im fine with what i got :) as it is I have more bestbuy g.c.s then i know what to do with.

[quote name='Velo214']lol. that would be nice but i highly doubt $25 extra g.c.'s. yeah i got lucky. there are 2 gamestops within a few mins of eachother and the first one i went to had 2 for 360 and 1 for ps3 all perfect condition. i didnt even stop by the other one cuz i was just there using the b2g1f i had in hand. 48->75 isnt bad either, but im fine with what i got :) as it is I have more bestbuy g.c.s then i know what to do with.[/QUOTE]
I just got done spending mine the other day, though I don't think I had quite as much as you.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Step 1: Find list of current higher value games from Best Buy/ Deal Tree site.
Step 2: Bring up Gamestop.com, look up new/used copies of each game on the BB/DT site list on GS.com.
Step 3: Buy copies of games with good flip ratio from GS.com, hoping they arrive complete and mint.
Step 4: ???????
Step 5: PROFIT!![/QUOTE]

This.

Ok, so... I'm seriously considering buying as many copies of SMB as I can find (cause if I could get a bunch of them, I see where it's worth the effort) to try this out with. Has anyone ever gotten a trade knocked down or refused from these guys?

I'm only on my second and third transaction with them(which btw my package is already in Maryland, 3 days in transit compared to last time:whee:)but what I was quoted was what I received the first time.

The only game I'm scared about them lowering the value of is Afrika this time, since it had a bunch of surface scratches and dust on it. :cry: But even if they lowered it to 50% of the $20 I was quoted, that's what I paid w/o tax at the local shop, so I still break even on that.

For those of you using goozex, Madden 10 is an instant trade for both systems, and costs 500 for 360 and 550 for ps3. 50 bucks worth of best buy credit for 1050 points is pretty decent. 1000 point usually gets me around $35 worth of amazon credit. I guess you have 30 days to send in the trade, so that should be enough time to get the copies and send them out - I hope anyway.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm only on my second and third transaction with them(which btw my package is already in Maryland, 3 days in transit compared to last time:whee:)but what I was quoted was what I received the first time.[/QUOTE]

The reason I ask, is cause I'm thinking about grabbing some used copies for 13.50 a pop (friend's friend owns a Game Crazy), and then hitting my BBY as soon as I can. Just cautious, cause I don't wanna spend like $100 bucks on used copies, and then have some of them decreased or declined. :p

[quote name='ploppsdman']For those of you using goozex, Madden 10 is an instant trade for both systems, and costs 500 for 360 and 550 for ps3. 50 bucks worth of best buy credit for 1050 points is pretty decent. 1000 point usually gets me around $35 worth of amazon credit. I guess you have 30 days to send in the trade, so that should be enough time to get the copies and send them out - I hope anyway.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I don't follow this at all, and I use Goozex. Basically just converting Goozex points to cash? Is that what you're getting at?

[quote name='xilly']The reason I ask, is cause I'm thinking about grabbing some used copies for 13.50 a pop (friend's friend owns a Game Crazy), and then hitting my BBY as soon as I can. Just cautious, cause I don't wanna spend like $100 bucks on used copies, and then have some of them decreased or declined. :p[/QUOTE]

As long as you lock in a price and your copies are complete and in decent condition, you shouldn't have any problems getting the estimated quote.

[quote name='xilly']The reason I ask, is cause I'm thinking about grabbing some used copies for 13.50 a pop (friend's friend owns a Game Crazy), and then hitting my BBY as soon as I can. Just cautious, cause I don't wanna spend like $100 bucks on used copies, and then have some of them decreased or declined. :p[/QUOTE]
I don't blame you since all sales are final at GC/HWV anymore too since the chain is completely going under.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Sorry but I don't follow this at all, and I use Goozex. Basically just converting Goozex points to cash? Is that what you're getting at?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Madden 10 is worth $25 with this new bestbuy deal. So you are converting 1050 goozex points (by requesting the games from goozex and shipping them to dealtree). Usually, I'll get a game I want, say Red Dead, from goozex, play it and sell it to amazon through their trade in program. Typically, I only get around $35 worth of amazon credit for that.

NHL 11 will be pretty tough to get through goozex and usually it doesnt have any promotions, so this is the cheapest route. Get 2 Madden 10's through goozex, trade them to bestbuy for $50, and then NHL 11 will be around 11 bucks.

[quote name='ploppsdman']For those of you using goozex, Madden 10 is an instant trade for both systems, and costs 500 for 360 and 550 for ps3. 50 bucks worth of best buy credit for 1050 points is pretty decent. 1000 point usually gets me around $35 worth of amazon credit. I guess you have 30 days to send in the trade, so that should be enough time to get the copies and send them out - I hope anyway.[/QUOTE]

nice :cool:

[quote name='ploppsdman']Yes. Madden 10 is worth $25 with this new bestbuy deal. So you are converting 1050 goozex points (by requesting the games from goozex and shipping them to dealtree). Usually, I'll get a game I want, say Red Dead, from goozex, play it and sell it to amazon through their trade in program. Typically, I only get around $35 worth of amazon credit for that.

NHL 11 will be pretty tough to get through goozex and usually it doesnt have any promotions, so this is the cheapest route. Get 2 Madden 10's through goozex, trade them to bestbuy for $50, and then NHL 11 will be around 11 bucks.[/QUOTE]

True, but it's also roughly $50 to get that many goozex points (I don't like trading for points)

[quote name='ploppsdman']Yes. Madden 10 is worth $25 with this new bestbuy deal. So you are converting 1050 goozex points (by requesting the games from goozex and shipping them to dealtree). Usually, I'll get a game I want, say Red Dead, from goozex, play it and sell it to amazon through their trade in program. Typically, I only get around $35 worth of amazon credit for that.

NHL 11 will be pretty tough to get through goozex and usually it doesnt have any promotions, so this is the cheapest route. Get 2 Madden 10's through goozex, trade them to bestbuy for $50, and then NHL 11 will be around 11 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Usually by the time you get a game from goozex the tiv will have plummeted.

[quote name='hqn101']Usually by the time you get a game from goozex the tiv will have plummeted.[/QUOTE]

As per my post, you would lock the tiv in now, as you have 30 days to get it to blockbuster.

I get points by buying games at B1G1 sales from blockbuster, and all of the Hollywood video sales and now, closings. So, no, the points don't really equal $50. I usually spend around $23 including shipping per 1000 points. (for example, I got 2 Beatles rock bands from blockbuster for $17. Add $6 for shipping and that equaled 1150 points). So, it would cost me $23 for a $50 best buy card. Not terrible.

[quote name='ploppsdman']As per my post, you would lock the tiv in now, as you have 30 days to get it to blockbuster.

I get points by buying games at B1G1 sales from blockbuster, and all of the Hollywood video sales and now, closings. So, no, the points don't really equal $50. I usually spend around $23 including shipping per 1000 points. (for example, I got 2 Beatles rock bands from blockbuster for $17. Add $6 for shipping and that equaled 1150 points). So, it would cost me $23 for a $50 best buy card. Not terrible.[/QUOTE]

You know you can buy the points when they have it on sale for $25 for 1000 points, they have it like 4 times a year. There's no problems getting older gamers but new release you usually won't get in 30 days window.

I will be trying this w/ Assassins Creed 2 as well :D

[quote name='hqn101']You know you can buy the points when they have it on sale for $25 for 1000 points, they have it like 4 times a year. There's no problems getting older gamers but new release you usually won't get in 30 days window.[/QUOTE]

What the heck is going on? 1. I already said that these were instant trades, ie you can get them right now. 2. $23 is less than $25, right? And that was for 1150 points. Also, I usually want to play these games, so that saves me the money in trading for them ($1). What the heck?

Haha I think what we were getting at is that while it may work out conveniently for you, most people don't wanna work through Goozex. Glad you found something that works for you though :)

What do I use as the packing slip? The shipping label url says something about using that but the email says something about using that.

[quote name='darkfalzsux']So will I get banned for buying 6 NEW copies of games? or is it just if you buy multiples of the same of games that are USED?[/QUOTE]
If you were, that would be ridiculous.

[quote name='io']No, I have everything from my first completed trade to my last estimate submission showing on my account page.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Going to have to shoot them an email to make sure everything is okay. Hope their service is good.

[quote name='J7.']What do I use as the packing slip? The shipping label url says something about using that but the email says something about using that.[/QUOTE]

I had the same question. I just put the manifest inside the envelope with the game and that's it. It says in the email I received from BB:

"You may want to print this email to use as a packing slip."

Did anybody else print out a copy of the email and put it in the bubble mailer with their games?

bread's done
Back