Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='david12795']Do shipping labels on Gazelle expire after 30 days?

so for example, i have 30 days to ship in my games to gazelle?[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6384568&postcount=1
30 days to get postmarked.

[quote name='Estebon']I live close to the border of my state. So that helps.

Map out your BB route. Start early, so you can hit them once the shift changes happens on your way back home. Go once to customer service and then go back out and go back in and go to the regular cashiers. If your ugly, which i'm not, you can talk the pretty cashiers babies to scan the coupon twice/ three times. You can also give them 2 coupons on one transaction. Print them out instore. You're not stealing from them, so don't act shady. Just be cool. Took me a total of 3 days to get the 50 but I have help.

I saw people posting that SHC loser should be Cag of the year, but to be honest, hells no. I'm showing you guys ways to make cash, not waste it. So if anyone should be COTY, its me.[/QUOTE]
Nice tip about the shift changes. When do those happen at BBY?

Here was my experience:
went to store with coupon, brought up 3 items, coupon did not work, called manager, fixed it probably override, only worked on one and they tried to make me buy the others without deduction. Got 1. 2nd store, brought up 2 copies, coupon wouldn't work because it said it was on sale, called manager, he came over and fixed it (came very close to noticing it was on sale and shouldn't be sold), would only let me have 1. 3rd store, brought up 1 copy. 4th store, had 2 exits so I went in 1 bought a copy at one end of the store, then left out that exit. Put item in car. Went in other exit, repeat. Didn't even bother trying multiples after first 2 store experiences. Fairly happy with first time doing this BBY coupon stuff. No one wants to help me because they view their time over the profit margin. Didn't mind going to 4 stores since I was out doing other transactions. Not ugly but only had 1 female cashier and the age difference... I guess if someone's ugly they can put a dollar in her belt.

Did you have to give them your reward zone info? At 1 store I used RZ cert so it did automatically. 2 other buys they requested. Still have 2 I haven't submitted to RZ. I'm going to wait and submit them later.

[quote name='Estebon']I saw people posting that SHC loser should be Cag of the year, but to be honest, hells no. I'm showing you guys ways to make cash, not waste it. So if anyone should be COTY, its me.[/QUOTE]
Even a sarcastic SOB like me knows when to pull a couple of punches so as to not get banned. You got a temp ban for ragging on SHC the last time, give it up.

Of course, since SHC started posting here I feel as if my local stores have become harder to find clearance deals from, so perhaps the disdain for him is well founded. After all, I think he posted a link to CAG on some internal Kmart site, which means now the gamers working there(who might not work in electronics) know what stuff to keep looking for just like us.

Wow, so did anyone else who had stuff received on Monday still not get it verified? I got some verifications Thursday and some more Friday but now that I'm home checking out my list of what I sent in it still seems they haven't gotten to 7 of my games (sent in 4 different packages all delivered on Monday). This is in addition, of course, to the one they got on 5/28 and have yet to verify.

Edit: OK, that's wierd. Just after I made this post I had two and only two games verified today at 2am Pacific (which seems to be when they do the update for some reason - got them at the same time yesterday too). Problem is, they weren't any of the ones I was expecting. These were from a shipment I sent out on the 7th (Monday) that was delivered on the 9th (Weds). So here it is Saturday morning and these are already verified. So, kudos to them for that, but I'd like to know what's up with the 9 other games I sent in prior to that (rec'd 5/28 and 6/7)...

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. Now wtf is going on with EZTradein. Last night I checked it and it had the green 'verified' in the second or third column on the 'my account' page.

Now, all of the info on my recent trades to them is in black lettering with no verification that they've sent payment.:bomb:

At least when I got the $79 BB gift card from doing the trades on BB's site it informed me when payment was sent.

Hopefully this means I've been paid and they've issued checks to me totalling $160.

I'm done with this company after I receive payment. They've become just too damned flaky for my liking.

IATCG, did they move them down to the bottom under "Completed Estimates"? They have done that with some of the ones they've paid, but not with others. If you don't still have any pending trades you may not have noticed the change in title - it is obvious on mine because they get removed from the pending list and put below in a second table.

The original table looks like this:

Estimate (ie, trade #) | Status (eg, Verified) | Estimate Date | Estimated Value | Verified Date | Verified Total

But the "Completed Estimates" table is laid out like this:

Estimate (ie, trade #) | Estimate Date | Estimated Value | Verified Date | Verified Value

It is missing the "Status" column because it has been completed.

And just to throw everyone for a loop, I noticed something when looking at the mailing labels for some of my submissions to get the delivery confirmation numbers (just to confirm they were all delivered om June 7th which they were). While the actual label is still the same, there is a new and completely different address on the "View Estimate" page - you know, the one that says to print the UPS pre-paid label but then goes to a USPS label when you actually click on it.

ezTradein Trade-In #xxxxxx
1249 West 7th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45203

So, yeah, that just adds to the confusion. I have a few that I was planning on mailing later this month so I wonder what is going on there. At least with the verification I got this morning of a package they just got on Weds it is clear it isn't an issue yet, but maybe it will be when they officially reopen the video game trading.

Yeah. Mine says completed estimates now, with another table right above it that says accepted estimates with estimate, status, estimate date, estimated value, verified date, verified value and total. But only the completed estimates has any values listed under it.

Hopefully this does mean they printed the checks and sent them out.:pray:

Alright. They apparently sent out payment for me, as I received 8 seperate emails from them. Hopefully they know enough to combine those 8 $20 payments into one check or at least two checks broken up by the seperate trade orders($60 on one, $100 on another).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright. They apparently sent out payment for me, as I received 8 seperate emails from them. Hopefully they know enough to combine those 8 $20 payments into one check or at least two checks broken up by the seperate trade orders($60 on one, $100 on another).[/QUOTE]

Nope, I received 20 checks for 20 games, even though they arrived in 2 big boxes :(

Sent off a game monday (just 1 so it was first class, sent in a padded bubble envelope), arrived wednesday, and was sent the verification email today. Hope my gift card is sent off next week.

I agree with IATCG, that I'm almost done with this company, but I guess I'm not trying to complain that I turned $5 into a $25 GC. It's all profit, but I still don't like this company. Their entire premise is built around THEM asking YOU to send them stuff - and yet in the end YOU are the bad guy. At least that's the vibe I get.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Nope, I received 20 checks for 20 games, even though they arrived in 2 big boxes :([/QUOTE]
LOL Then Estebon's mailman is REALLY gonna hate him with 50 seperate checks.;):lol:

C'mon guys, is there anyone else who had stuff delivered on Monday (the 7th) and hasn't gotten it verified except me? I want to know how much I should go after them. I guess I'll wait till Monday for sure since that will be a week, but this is getting ridiculous - I now have 9 games that are "past due" for verification. And there is no rhyme or reason to it as a few of them are single submissions (no duplicates), while some others are only my 5th or 6th SMB (whereas some jackass ;) gets 50 verified all at once).

[quote name='Estebon']I'm getting paypal dude.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I imagined that guy from the 'Dude, you're getting a Dell' commercials saying that when I read it.

I guess it was too late for me to switch to getting paid via Paypal, since I just did a partial verification of my account the other day. Apparently now I have to go to the atm at the bank, get a mini transaction report and come back and report the two piddily amounts PP deposited into my account as final proof the account is mine.:roll:

Like I said before, total fuckin' hassle and I better not see money go poof from my account cuz of a oopsie on their end.

[quote name='io']C'mon guys, is there anyone else who had stuff delivered on Monday (the 7th) and hasn't gotten it verified except me? I want to know how much I should go after them. I guess I'll wait till Monday for sure since that will be a week, but this is getting ridiculous - I now have 9 games that are "past due" for verification. And there is no rhyme or reason to it as a few of them are single submissions (no duplicates), while some others are only my 5th or 6th SMB (whereas some jackass ;) gets 50 verified all at once).[/QUOTE]

I got my verification emails this morning at 4 am (Central time). 4 TSM, 1 PS3 Beatles RB, 2 Wii Beatles RB, 1 SMB. I only bought 1 copy of SMB cuz I was gonna keep it. Then I saw it was getting $20, submitted it. All of these were for $20, cuz I did it before they shot up to $25. I sent it that day that we found out about the 3 item limit. Never got back to BB to pick up another SMB and actually kinda tired of picking up stuff solely to flip. I also sent them off in 4 separate packages, I think, but on the same day, b/c I thought I'd get USPS Priority, but I got UPS labels for all of them.

[quote name='io']C'mon guys, is there anyone else who had stuff delivered on Monday (the 7th) and hasn't gotten it verified except me? I want to know how much I should go after them. I guess I'll wait till Monday for sure since that will be a week, but this is getting ridiculous - I now have 9 games that are "past due" for verification. And there is no rhyme or reason to it as a few of them are single submissions (no duplicates), while some others are only my 5th or 6th SMB (whereas some jackass ;) gets 50 verified all at once).[/QUOTE]
I sent in six SMB in two shipments. Both Shipments were delivered on Monday but only one of them has been verified (two days ago).

[quote name='confoosious']Dude WTF 1980s bank do you patronize? They don't have online banking?[/QUOTE]
They do and I believe I signed up for it when I first made my account, but either it was a pain in the ass to log in online or I just forgot my log-in credentials or they started charging for that portion and I told them no thanks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: I imagined that guy from the 'Dude, you're getting a Dell' commercials saying that when I read it.

I guess it was too late for me to switch to getting paid via Paypal, since I just did a partial verification of my account the other day. Apparently now I have to go to the atm at the bank, get a mini transaction report and come back and report the two piddily amounts PP deposited into my account as final proof the account is mine.:roll:

Like I said before, total fuckin' hassle and I better not see money go poof from my account cuz of a oopsie on their end.[/QUOTE]

Why can't you use the automated attendant on the telephone instead of using the ATM (or telegraph... if you're that far in the past?). Most banks have had telephone automated attendants to check balances, last 5 deposits, last 5-25 withdraws.

[quote name='confoosious']Dude WTF 1980s bank do you patronize? They don't have online banking?[/QUOTE]
Who doesn't love to patronize banks from the 80s? ^_^

------ I think I'm giving up on my last (and possibly my largest) package that was misrouted as being "lost." Shipped the 1st(iirc), and still shows at my local post office and they said it's not there. I mean, hell, I shipped a second package to Gazelle on Tuesday and it has been delivered... (my gazelle shipment the same day as the Deal Tree one JUST showed up Friday... and it was ALSO mailed the 1st. It got misrouted At the Capitol Heights and sent to North Carolina, then to New Jersey before making its way BACK to Capitol Heights MD. My PO needs to clean their crap up.

I'm worried....It's been 4 days and still no payment to paypal. They are supposed to put money on my paypal account, correct? Meaning the e-mail address I provided for them when I signed up?

When you checkout, you input a field of what address the paypal is going for. Though when they say "payment is on the way" it usually takes 5-7 business days.

Well, I don't expect any emails about verification tomorrow morning because I think the way they work is to process them during a work day and then send the emails out at 2am Pacific the next day. Since they didn't work today I'd expect nothing tomorrow. But Tuesday AM I better get a bunch more verifications as they are still short on 9 games for me (sent in 5 different packages) that arrived from 5/28 to 6/7.

[quote name='Sashka']I'm worried....It's been 4 days and still no payment to paypal. They are supposed to put money on my paypal account, correct? Meaning the e-mail address I provided for them when I signed up?[/QUOTE]

4 days after your verification? or 4 days since they delivered your stuff?

[quote name='confoosious']4 days after your verification? or 4 days since they delivered your stuff?[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying since verification, and, seriously, that's nothing to worry about. They tend to make mass payments every one or two weeks, so probably all pending payments will be made at once here soon.

[quote name='Ronin317']Is that BB gift cards as well, or just Paypal? Has anyone gotten gift cards that can give an idea of the turnaround time?[/QUOTE]

I believe 7-10 days after they confirm payment (NOT verification)

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I believe 7-10 days after they confirm payment (NOT verification)[/QUOTE]
fuck how long does the verification to confirmed process take? Guess I'm waiting a few more weeks for my camera...

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, if you want fast payment, look elsewhere.

THey need to either speed up their shit or go out of business.[/QUOTE]
With their TIVs they were about to go out of business. I am just hoping they dont "lose" mine. I sent mine in late, they got them on the 9th or 10th (cant remember right now) and their site still shows waiting to receive.

Well, at least they are still doing something as they finally got around to cancelling some trades I submitted to be cancelled on Friday. I'm trying to clear off the duplicates and stuff I ended up sending elsewhere so I can concentrate on going after the ones they got from 5/28 - 6/7 and have yet to verify without there being so many extra estimates to wade through.

I'm really hoping on a big verification update tonight (well, 2am tomorrow actually). I bet I get nothing though - then I start getting on their case.

Unless their TIVs are significantly above Gazelle (or hell even GS's), it's not worth the constant angst over their shitty processing procedures.

That being said, you people stay away from Gazelle! It's mine! Mine! Mine!!!!

[quote name='confoosious']Unless their TIVs are significantly above Gazelle (or hell even GS's), it's not worth the constant angst over their shitty processing procedures.

That being said, you people stay away from Gazelle! It's mine! Mine! Mine!!!![/QUOTE]

and now the lurkers have more motivation to destroy gazelle :applause:

Well, yeah, that goes without saying (the first part).

But what is significant? For example, I have some Lego Indys I have yet to send in. I can get $25 for them from Dealtree or $20 from Gazelle. Is the $10 extra (for 2 copies) worth it? A few weeks ago I would have said definitely for sure. Now, I dunno...

I was thinking 2-3 bucks. But yeah, i think 5 is fair.

cause sweating out whether they lost your package or won't accept it and keep it (hey, we made up some new rules!) is not worth a few bucks in my mind.

[quote name='io']Well, yeah, that goes without saying (the first part).

But what is significant? For example, I have some Lego Indys I have yet to send in. I can get $25 for them from Dealtree or $20 from Gazelle. Is the $10 extra (for 2 copies) worth it? A few weeks ago I would have said definitely for sure. Now, I dunno...[/QUOTE]

I would say no. Dealtree has become a hassle and, my deepest hope is that they go bankrupt. I just got an email from them about them canceling my large trade in (one that I actually MAILED on the 1st, but has since been lost in the mail). I sent them a reply, but I'm sure it will be ignored. I think I'll honestly be MORE pissed if it DOES, by some form of miracle or magic, find its way there and they deny/keep it instead of the post office losing it.

[quote name='dyeknom']Why can't you use the automated attendant on the telephone instead of using the ATM (or telegraph... if you're that far in the past?). Most banks have had telephone automated attendants to check balances, last 5 deposits, last 5-25 withdraws.[/QUOTE]
Because I only check my balance when I'm out n I hate dealing w/ phone bs with all the menus n shit.

I'm starting to think IATCG is resistant to technology or something. All of these posts about how he won't use PayPal, he doesn't do online banking, he doesn't want to use a phone. I'm fairly certain you are anti-social (the best of us are!) but I wouldn't be surprised to see you on TV as the Unibomber either. I can't believe you use the internet, must be the easy access to porn or something that pushed you over the edge.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because I only check my balance when I'm out n I hate dealing w/ phone bs with all the menus n shit.[/QUOTE]

Really? You are usually open to try new things. I'm surprised at you.

[quote name='converse']I'm starting to think IATCG is resistant to technology or something. All of these posts about how he won't use PayPal, he doesn't do online banking, he doesn't want to use a phone. I'm fairly certain you are anti-social (the best of us are!) but I wouldn't be surprised to see you on TV as the Unibomber either. I can't believe you use the internet, must be the easy access to porn or something that pushed you over the edge.[/QUOTE]
I just hate those 'press 1 for blah blah, press 2 for yadda yadda' menu systems. I'd prefer to speak to a live human being, but it's cheaper for them to have the automated bs.

As far as Paypal goes, I'm not even sure I wanna keep my account on there. I just prefer going to the post office in person. So I guess maybe I'm not that anti social after all, huh?

Still waiting on package delivered on June 1 to eztradein to be verified....then another from bestbuytradein (most likely the last package dealtree will get from me) from june 11.

Well, the 2am verification emails came through and I'll have to make sure, but I think they got the last of the ones that got there back on Jun 7th (last Monday). So that's a relief and somewhat restores my confidence in them. A few of these were ones I sent the day of the stealth policy change and were otherwise over the limit of 3 so it's good I didn't have any problems with those other than some slow verification.

Now, I still have the 2 missing ones from May 28th but I'm not alone in that (what with many other people here having missing submissions from the "dead zone" of May 28-June 1). I sent my third email about that this evening so we'll see where that goes...

I have 3 trades that have changed to "verified" status in my account as of 6/10. I just got an e-mail last night that another trade was received and verified as of today, 6/15. I never got an e-mail for the first set, though. Hoping that something wonky didn't happen with those.. but all the values check out. We'll see...

All of my Lego Indy 2's which were received 6/10 were verified this morning. Now if I could just get my BB gift cards actually sent out...

My 3 super monkey balls at $25 each were verified this morning. They arrived a week ago today. Thanks CAG and good luck to those still waiting to get paid! (or a gift card like me because I was gonna use the money at best buy anyways) :D

bread's done
Back