Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']

I think for anything over 1 lb you have to go in and hand it to them.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong...but according to this link (maybe it is old?) http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/2007/pr07_058.htm

WASHINGTON, DC — A new Postal Service rule goes into effect next week for packages and envelopes that weigh more than 13 ounces, if they’re being mailed with only stamps as postage at a location other than a Post Office retail service counter.

Starting Monday, July 30, (2007) customers can use one of several convenient online postage applications — available 24/7 — or an Automated Postal Center, if they wish to mail items that weigh more than 13 ounces in Postal Service collection boxes or Post Office lobby mail slots; or if they wish to leave the items for pickup by their letter carriers. Online postage applications include the Postal Service’s Click-N-Ship service on usps.com and PC Postage from an authorized USPS vendor.

If a customer is unable to use one of the above methods to prepare and affix postage, items weighing more than 13 ounces must be presented for mailing to an employee at a Post Office retail service counter. Business customers who use postage meters may continue to use meter postage for packages of any weight and mailing method.

Customers will notice new decals on USPS collection boxes, and Post Office lobby and Automated Postal Center mail drop slots. The new red, white and blue decals inform customers that deposit of stamped mail over 13 ounces is prohibited, and any such mail will be returned.

Previously, the prohibition applied to mail over 16 ounces. The change is part of ongoing security measures established by the Postal Service, in cooperation with other government agencies to keep the public, customers, employees and the U.S. Mail safe.

The 13 oz rule refers to packages with adhesive stamps, not prepaid labels. I have always dropped packages over 13oz in the blue mail drops and have used the automated teller to print labels for packages and then drop them in the bin. If it fits through the "door" in the mail drop, I drop it in.

If you put stamps on it, you have to take it into the PO.

To follow up:

http://www.usps.com/send/preparemailandpackages/preparingpackages.htm
Drop Off
Packages may be handed to your carrier or taken to the Post Office. Packages may also be dropped into a blue collection box with the following restrictions:

spacer.gif
bullet.gif
Stamped packages must weight 13 ounces or less
spacer.gif
bullet.gif
Packages with postage printed using Click-N-Ship or another PC Postage provider may weigh more than one pound, but must fit in the collection box

Yeah, I knew it was 13 oz (I just rounded up ;)). I was also vaguely aware of the pre-paid postage vs stamps issue but I've always just gone in and handed them off. I live in a small town with a PO that never gets very crowded so it's no big deal to me either way. Only on Saturday (when my PO is closed entirely) do I drop stuff off in the drop boxes (if it fits).

[quote name='io']Yeah, I knew it was 13 oz (I just rounded up ;)). I was also vaguely aware of the pre-paid postage vs stamps issue but I've always just gone in and handed them off. I live in a small town with a PO that never gets very crowded so it's no big deal to me either way. Only on Saturday (when my PO is closed entirely) do I drop stuff off in the drop boxes (if it fits).[/QUOTE]

I know you live in one-horse town where everybody knows your name (;)), it was more for people that going to the post office is a chore. Fortunately I have a collection box outside my office.

i live in the suburbs stl. my post office pickup was between 2 gamestops, a bestbuy and a tru, lol. and 2 bbv's on each side. i dont drive much so it works well for me :)
I did 10 games in each box, and as i already posted, all were below 4 lbs and delivered. now it's just a waiting game.

People, stop asking about shipping issues. I already said that I shipped 6 games in one box and the package arrived perfectly fined. At least from my experience, 6 games or less and you are fine.

Man my stuff showed delivered on Saturday, but the processing for this is so slow, gazelle had already been processed and approved.

sounds like people are getting impatient. Has anyone got their credit yet?

I mentioned this earlier and i'll state it again. It took me around three weeks to get credit and this was several months ago when no one was using the service. Hopefully they are faster now. Good luck guys

Quick question, do I need to print out anything else aside from the shipping label (obviously) and the trade-in list?

Im only asking because i dont see how they can know who sent the games and who to send the gift cards to. I dunno, it just feels weird for me to just send in my games and hope or expect them to know that the games came from me especially knowing that they have loads of crap coming from others as well. Do they just base it off of my return address? I just cant imagine them processing thousands of these trade-ins with thousands of boxes. I mean how the frock will they keep track!? What a bunch of inefficient fools. >.

you are supposed to print the trade-in list and place it in the box. The trade-in list has the trade-in numbers which are tied to your name and your account which has your address and name. I don't think it's that hard.

Dante's Inferno for $30 after I bought it for $24 and beat it. Amazing game by the way! Will be trading this in to get Lost Planet 2 :)

if its run by the same people why not just take the paypal???

are they very picky on condition i have a few games with some scratches.

[quote name='rr423']if its run by the same people why not just take the paypal???[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have a BB GC... I want an Ipod touch and no one has any deals on them anyway. If I did Paypal, my wife would see the money drop in Paypal and go on a spending spree before I ever got to it :)

haha that sounds like a good valid reason :), do you know anything about condition, i mean it says working condition, every game i have works :)

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I'd rather have a BB GC... I want an Ipod touch and no one has any deals on them anyway. If I did Paypal, my wife would see the money drop in Paypal and go on a spending spree before I ever got to it :)[/QUOTE]

valid point sir

all of my games were new/perfect condition, so i better not get any condition bs. oh yeah and dante's inferno was ok, traded it back in as well after platting it, holy path/divine armor/martyrdom for the win. I was just running round shooting laser crosses wings flying out of my back and stabbing myself over n over. good times.

i see, i see. thank you sir. now it's time to mail my first trial package (worth 70 bucks) im trading in $330 worth of credit so i had to make sure. now, all i have to worry about is their bs "condition policy" and the shipping problems... got my fingers crossed.

[quote name='Velo214']you are supposed to print the trade-in list and place it in the box. The trade-in list has the trade-in numbers which are tied to your name and your account which has your address and name. I don't think it's that hard.[/QUOTE]

The 4 LBP I got so far (the other 2 are coming) looked great. Other than stickers and the need for a little goo-b-gone (and 1 in a black case) they looked like new. Hope the ACII that come in today are the same. I should have the last 2 LBP tomorrow at the latest - and then I'm shipping everything. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

I put Borderlands, LBP, Batman AA, Rockband Beatles and Army of Two TFD. In the mail Monday. Hope they give me what I was qouted. $130.

[quote name='Velo214']all of my games were new/perfect condition, so i better not get any condition bs. oh yeah and dante's inferno was ok, traded it back in as well after platting it, holy path/divine armor/martyrdom for the win. I was just running round shooting laser crosses wings flying out of my back and stabbing myself over n over. good times.[/QUOTE]

haha yea I plat that too, got it from EA for $24 and traded it in for $38 at gazelle.

on the phone with dealtree ppl now, shipping confirmation said my stuff was delivered the 17th but no email confirmation or anything saying my GC is on the way...nice on the phone, if you have any problems call up

Do they balk at non-original cases, even if the artwork is there? I have 4 copies of Call of Juarez Bound in Blood 360 I want to send in, and one has a black case. Also have 2 copies of the PS3 version and one copy of Assassin's Creed II 360. I keep going back and forth on whether to throw caution to the wind and just send everything in or not.

Count me as another who had games reach them on Saturday but have yet to see a change in the "waiting to receive." Having seen the criticism since I sent those games, I'm glad I chose not to send any more. I took less credit elsewhere without the worries (Beatles, MarioKart)

ok, so i just returned 2 sabotuers i got through gamestop. they gave me black cases, no covers(generic gs covers) no manuals and the disks were crappy with circle splotches all over. i just went to gs and returned it. they actually gave me $25 cash back which is nice cuz i paid $24.40 online($10coupon code). those weren't gonna pass the 'quality' conditions.

I'd imagine because the trade-in offers are so high and with all the deals going on(blockbuster etc) that they have a sudden surge of merchandise in their receiving department. Taking that into account, I expect it to take a while before I see a status change on my trades.

[quote name='EagleSkyline']Do the games have to be shipped via mail or can I drive up to my best buy and give them the games there?[/QUOTE]

You, good sir, should read. That being said...

you ship them.

Well I wasn't entirely sure even after reading.
I'm not very experienced at packaging things, how much would it cost to get UPS to package and ship it for me?

Well I wasn't entirely sure even after reading.
I'm not very experienced at packaging things, how much would it cost to get UPS to package and ship it for me?

you will overpay by a lot if you have someone package it for you and its not worth it, just put it in a box with a lot of newspaper and you will be fine.

[quote name='EagleSkyline']Well I wasn't entirely sure even after reading.
I'm not very experienced at packaging things, how much would it cost to get UPS to package and ship it for me?[/QUOTE]

Find a box that'll fit your games at your house, print up the packing list they provide from the BB/DealTree site, check which games you're sending, put the games and packing list in there and then use bubble wrap or even newspaper to pad any gaps that may be left after the games are in there.

Then, tape it up, put the pre-paid shipping label they provide you on there, tape that on there securely, then go to the post office and have them scan it in and give you a receipt.

Actually, if you're in a hurry you can just hand it to them and they'll just toss it behind the counter to wait for collection.

It's really NOT rocket science, but you have to be willing to do a little of the work on your own rather than expect everyone else to answer 90 bajillion questions that have been answered already for you.:roll:

[quote name='EagleSkyline']Well I wasn't entirely sure even after reading.
I'm not very experienced at packaging things, how much would it cost to get UPS to package and ship it for me?[/QUOTE]

How that heck would anyone know the answer this question? Even a UPS employee can't tell you because we have no idea how many games you are sending.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Find a box that'll fit your games at your house, print up the packing list they provide from the BB/DealTree site, check which games you're sending, put the games and packing list in there and then use bubble wrap or even newspaper to pad any gaps that may be left after the games are in there.

Then, tape it up, put the pre-paid shipping label they provide you on there, tape that on there securely, then go to the post office and have them scan it in and give you a receipt.

Actually, if you're in a hurry you can just hand it to them and they'll just toss it behind the counter to wait for collection.

It's really NOT rocket science, but you have to be willing to do a little of the work on your own rather than expect everyone else to answer 90 bajillion questions that have been answered already for you.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Very good and useful info.

But this genius asked "how much to get UPS to package and ship it for me?"
He isn't even trying to use the pre-paid label.
He is trying to do the least work....he can't even read the older posts or even the info on the dealtree.com website.

I shipped out my copy of ngs2 last Thursday and still have not received confirmation that they received it. I'm remaining optimistic however since I'm shipping from HI.

[quote name='KansasFF']Cool thanks. I sent in 3 (Rockband 2 Disc $20, LBP $30, Saints Row $5) on Friday so hopefully they give me full value too. I'll post back here on my outcome.[/QUOTE]

Just an update. Got the email on the 16th that I should expect gift cards in 7-10 days. Got an email today saying they were shipped.

[quote name='dyne']I believe I got my games in the mail 2 days after the thread was put up, so around the 9th. They received the games on Tuesday (the 13th). I got the confirmation this last Friday (the 16th). They say 7-10 days for the gift cards to be mailed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dyne']Just an update. Got the email on the 16th that I should expect gift cards in 7-10 days. Got an email today saying they were shipped.[/QUOTE]

Just so nobody asks when you sent them in (like me) ;)

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Just checked USPS and it shows my package was delivered on 4/20.

Hopefully they send me the email soon like you other guys.[/QUOTE]

Mine was delivered on 4/20 as well...still waiting

delivered 4/20 still waiting. seems like tomorrow hopefully we get confirmations. i think cheapest got his their sooner than ours, i bet he will post his status asap if he gets an email.

I got 3 emails (for the 3 games I sent in). The actual giftcard number was the same on all three but the trade in number was different. I'm assuming I'm getting the total on one card.

Thanks for digging up the rest of my post h2dk :)

yeah, i jumped in the deep end of this pool without thinking, lol. hopefully they are down with getting multi copies, i know hqn did the same thing too...maybe not as excessively but i thinx he sent 4 lbps and 3 ac2s. best of luck to all

[quote name='dyne']I got 3 emails (for the 3 games I sent in). The actual giftcard number was the same on all three but the trade in number was different. I'm assuming I'm getting the total on one card.

Thanks for digging up the rest of my post h2dk :)[/QUOTE]

So are you getting the full amount as was quoted or do they not tell you that info tell you actually get the card?

For those of you who are taking advantage of Gamestop and Best Buy at the same time, are you taking the GS Used stickers off the backs? Does it really matter? And is it better to leave the CDs in the sleeves or to actually put it back into the case? Sorry if it's been answered before but I don't have time to go through the thread to find the answers due to a snafu on schedule at work.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']For those of you who are taking advantage of Gamestop and Best Buy at the same time, are you taking the GS Used stickers off the backs? Does it really matter? And is it better to leave the CDs in the sleeves or to actually put it back into the case? Sorry if it's been answered before but I don't have time to go through the thread to find the answers due to a snafu on schedule at work.[/QUOTE]

I would recommend taking the stickers/residue off, as far as the disk goes, I took them out of the sleeve as well.

Just got my $30 giftcard today for trading in LBP.

They accepted my trade offer 4/7/10 mailed in that afternoon.

Received my game 4/10/10 and verified it's value.

Sent the giftcard 4/19/10.

Received it today, 4/22/10.

Buying LBP GOTY tomorrow.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

bread's done
Back