Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
just got all my payments :whistle2:D HORRAH!

IO i shouldn't have doubted you for a second

the weird thing is I was literally in the midsts of contacting their customer service when the UPS guy came to my door. I grabbed my packages and went back to write them and glanced at my paypal account to see all the payments had just been made :whistle2:D they knew i was coming!

I just got a $25 payment to my PayPal account for Uncharted 2 that they verified on 6/15.

Still waiting on verification/payment for 6 SMB that show received per USPS on 6/1 (the "Dead Zone"). This is really getting old. You can bet they'll never see another trade from me.

Received my $60 g/c last week and received 6 x $25 paypal payments 10 minutes ago for 6 SMB sent out 6/3 and verified 6/10. Thanks DealTree and my former lame employer WorstBuy, these 9 copies of SMB are a step closer to making up for underpaying me as I trained new employees who were making more than me. Screw with the Best, Die like the Rest. CAGs 4 LiFE

Last edited by a moderator:
I also just got paid for items that were verified on 6/9.

Next, find out what happened to my package that was delivered on 05/27. Anyone else with me?

Sweet payment. Nice turning credit into cash. $112 credit to $175 cash, and boy do i need it.

EDIT: Just in case anyone does not get paid (but it seems everyone is)...I was verified on 6/15, paid today.

I got a big payment for most of my stuff today and then I got the feared "Don't send more than 3, we won't accept them" e-mail on the stuff that they have that hasn't been verified yet, so I had to send them an e-mail.

Yaaaaay! Sent them a message about unpaid items yesterday and paid today! Probably just coincidence but am very happy to be paid finally.

I also got my payment for a lot of stuff today. I didn't have any vulgar amount of duplicate titles (mostly of 4 of each game) though. ($224.72 -> $512.00).

Too bad this deal is suspended now but I am excited to see them come back under the 3 game policy. There is plenty of potential without having to send in 10 copies of one game.

[quote name='io']Well, I thought so, but I didn't want to make it seem like I wanted everyone to make sure I got paid (though I wouldn't mind ;)). I know there's lots of us here waiting for payment, so it might have some effect if we all clear out old estimates.[/QUOTE]
Wow, maybe sending those cancellation requests had an effect. I got my payment from Dealtree.

Glad everyone got paid :) not sure I wanna deal with them again though... eBay turnaround is so much faster, unless there's another crazy flip

I got paid for one shipment (the one that didnt disappear in the mail). I also, for some reason, got paid for something I didnt send in.

[quote name='dyeknom']I got paid for one shipment (the one that didnt disappear in the mail). I also, for some reason, got paid for something I didnt send in.[/QUOTE]

That was my game. Can you paypal me whatever they sent you?

[quote name='confoosious']That was my game. Can you paypal me whatever they sent you?[/QUOTE]

o_O I consider it partial payment for my box that shows to be at my local Post Office despite being sent almost a month ago (its not there, I already talked to the postal inspector guy). I got paid for my ~200 package, not my 575 one.

My Internet has been broken today but thanks to my iPhone I saw that I got a bunch of payments. Like everyone else, it's all paid up except for the 5/28 dead zone delivery. I also have 4 more packages on the way and may submit my last few that I was considering diverting to Gazelle for less money.

Except for a very few exceptions, it seems all the 5/28-6/1 deliveries are still MIA.

Add me to the list of people who just got paid by EZTrade-In also.

Glad to see everyone else got paid as well. Patience is a virtue.

--Michael

[quote name='io']My Internet has been broken today but thanks to my iPhone I saw that I got a bunch of payments. Like everyone else, it's all paid up except for the 5/28 dead zone delivery. I also have 4 more packages on the way and may submit my last few that I was considering diverting to Gazelle for less money.

Except for a very few exceptions, it seems all the 5/28-6/1 deliveries are still MIA.[/QUOTE]

I'm incredibly happy I only had 1 game delivered in that period if it was like a 300 dollar trade I would be so stressed

What can we do to get those verified.

[quote name='bredbu']I'm incredibly happy I only had 1 game delivered in that period if it was like a 300 dollar trade I would be so stressed[/QUOTE]
My fifty SMBs were sent during that period. (cries)

There were several articles last week on how BB will be devoting more prominent retail space to video games and selling used games in all stores by late summer. I am going to laugh when I see an initial stock of Super Monkey Ball, Little Big Planet, Toy Story Mania, Beatles Rock Band, etc. It would have been much cheaper for them to simply convert their stock to used instead of using us to do it. ;)

EDIT: Maybe they should have just bought out BlockBuster or their inventory directly. Of course maybe they will end up with the inventory since a great deal of BBV used games seem to have gone to a liquidator. A takeover would have eliminated some confusing abbreviations on this site (BB or BBV?).

[quote name='PapaSmerf']There were several articles last week on how BB will be devoting more prominent retail space to video games and selling used games in all stores by late summer. I am going to laugh when I see an initial stock of Super Monkey Ball, Little Big Planet, Toy Story Mania, Beatles Rock Band, etc. It would have been much cheaper for them to simply convert their stock to used instead of using us to do it. ;)

EDIT: Maybe they should have just bought out BlockBuster or their inventory directly. Of course maybe they will end up with the inventory since a great deal of BBV used games seem to have gone to a liquidator. A takeover would have eliminated some confusing abbreviations on this site (BB or BBV?).[/QUOTE]

Both Best Buy and Circuit City were in the market to pick up Blockbuster Video when it was first put on the stock deathwatch list. They decided not to sell.

sorry sadboy and io for your losses. i guess i got lucky none of my packages were delivered during the deadzone.
and papasmurf, that's hilarious! they will be selling supermonkeyballs and littlebigplanet for years :)

[quote name='Velo214']sorry sadboy and io for your losses. i guess i got lucky none of my packages were delivered during the deadzone.
and papasmurf, that's hilarious! they will be selling supermonkeyballs and littlebigplanet for years :)[/QUOTE]
(buys 'em and flips 'em all over again) :hot:

Just kidding.

[quote name='callmewoof']I got eternal salvation for only 4 SMBs[/QUOTE]

2292773034_7b5f18d676.jpg

[quote name='confoosious']Really? Is He offering better TIVs than Gazelle?[/QUOTE]

Went to confession after mailing in the SMBs. Went back and returned my penance after payment came in, and took home some penny wafers.

True CAG style right there.

Well, following on the heels of the massive payment, they just verified a recent submission of mine. They got it on the 21st and verified it right at the usual 2am time on the 23rd. Even this comes with some potential trouble, though, as they also got a package from me on the 18th and that one has not been verified yet. It better not turn into another "dead zone" #-o. I have 3 more I've sent this week as well and then that's truly it for my trade-ins there for a while.

I just got my two last big packages verified that I was slightly worried about. They are verified so it is just waiting for those to get paid and them finally doing something with my 6 dead zone games.

[quote name='io']Well, following on the heels of the massive payment, they just verified a recent submission of mine. They got it on the 21st and verified it right at the usual 2am time on the 23rd. Even this comes with some potential trouble, though, as they also got a package from me on the 18th and that one has not been verified yet. It better not turn into another "dead zone" #-o. I have 3 more I've sent this week as well and then that's truly it for my trade-ins there for a while.[/QUOTE]
Man. If this keeps up, Ima gonna have to start calling you Anthony Michael Hall.

bread's done
Back