BestBuy.com Price Drops - 6/2/11

Eh, nothing of interest. You guys should really change that PS3 icon to the newer font. That spiderman font is so 2006.

This exclusively online like some of Best Buy sales as of late? I'll setup a store pickup just in case. They don't match their online prices anymore.

Definitely picking up Bayonetta and Ivy the Kiwi at those prices though!

EDIT: God dammit. They're pulling that shit again where some stuff somehow magically can't be shipped to stores. At least that's what's happening with Bayonetta.

Are these prices valid in store?

That $14 Sonic is tempting me. Yes I know it's a craptacular piece of shit. I almost want to get it and then record me playing it for lulz.

L. A. Noire is showing up at 59.99 for me. I actually want Modern Warfare 2: Hardened Edition and Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition, but store pickup isn't allowed. Boo.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Are these prices valid in store?

That $14 Sonic is tempting me. Yes I know it's a craptacular piece of shit. I almost want to get it and then record me playing it for lulz.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend buying online with in store pickup if it's available. Always had a good/quick experience.

[quote name='kayatai']I highly recommend buying online with in store pickup if it's available. Always had a good/quick experience.[/QUOTE]

Sold out online so there is no option of in store pickup. I work like 2 minutes from best buy so it wont be hard to go and check. Just curious if I could snag the prices in store because I don't want to spend too much on this, lol.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Sold out online so there is no option of in store pickup. I work like 2 minutes from best buy so it wont be hard to go and check. Just curious if I could snag the prices in store because I don't want to spend too much on this, lol.[/QUOTE]

Well since you're 2 minutes away, let us know if these apply in-store ;). I just don't recall seeing Bayonetta at my stores as of late. Granted, shipping is only $2.99, so even worst case ordering online is cheaper for me compared to most places.

[quote name='imacgod']Well since you're 2 minutes away, let us know if these apply in-store ;). I just don't recall seeing Bayonetta at my stores as of late. Granted, shipping is only $2.99, so even worst case ordering online is cheaper for me compared to most places.[/QUOTE]
I will take a look after work, I get off in about 4 hours. If I can find sonic, I will see if it rings up for $14. It's the only game on that list I know they might have.

Oh Snap! Been looking for a good price! I think I saw this for $1.99 used somewhere. LOL
ps2.gif
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 $10.99

[quote name='Saix_XIII']They do still match the online prices. Any store that doesn't is in breach of their own policy and you should contact corporate ASAP. Read this.[/QUOTE]
Do I need a printout of the online page or can I just say it's on your website for x dollars?

They should have a kiosk that shows the online price, but to be safe print out the website price and the price match policy. I went through hell a few weeks ago to get a $2 adjustment, but I got an additional $30 as an apology from Reward Zone.

Here is my story:

I went in to get three movies (Office Space, Predators-with X-Men cash, and Men in Black). I went to the service desk with the 3 movies and my 3 DVDs to trade in. I told her that Office Space was $7.99 on the website so I want to price match it and then use my $5 coupon, which you/Best Buy gave me.

She spoke to a woman behind the counter on a computer that I couldn't see well. She said that I could do one or the other, either $2 off or $5 off, not both. I was like "what? I am trying to match YOUR price, not another competitors price. They would not budge which really annoyed me, but I am like it's only $2 whatever.

I went to the kiosk to print a $10 certificate to use on the three movies, but the website wasn't loading so I decided to call the premiere silver number to ask them to make a certificate for me, I then told her about the situation and she understood why I was so annoyed. She said she would speak to the customer service person who denied me the price match.

I gave the woman in the store the phone and they spoke for a few minutes. I got the phone back and I was told by the Reward Zone woman that she wouldn't budge and that she would give me $30 in reward zone certificates for all the issues I am going through over a measly $2. I was not expecting that at all, but I was very pleased by that.

She then transfered me to a customer relations person who actually deals with the stores directly and I told him the situation and he asked what store I was at and he called and spoke to the manager directly and finally got the adjustment.

The most insane thing was on the way to the register the woman who was denying me said that it was a one time exception and that they were marking me in my account. I was really shocked by this, why are they making me out to be like a criminal/cheater for just asking them to accept their own policy. When I got home I called the Premiere Silver support line to ask about this "mark on my account" they said they were doing. According to the guy I spoke with he said my account was clean and there is no way for them to mark my account without him seeing. They may mark it on a piece of paper they have, but as far as system wide goes there is nothing there.

In the end I got all 3 movies for $3.50 (after $10 rewards) and $30 in bonus certificates for the hassle. All over two freakin dollars.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']They do still match the online prices. Any store that doesn't is in breach of their own policy and you should contact corporate ASAP. Read this.[/QUOTE]

So it was a few random stores that were trying to not price match and not a company policy? Good to know. Guess I'll be on the look out for Bayonetta later this afternoon.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Do I need a printout of the online page or can I just say it's on your website for x dollars?[/QUOTE]

They should be able to pull up the website on their computers/registers. That's how my friend and I price matched the online price of Black Ops a couple of weeks back.

But if you don't mind carrying around a printout, that's probably nice too.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']In the end I got all 3 movies for $3.50 (after $10 rewards) and $30 in bonus certificates for the hassle. All over two freakin dollars.[/QUOTE]
Remember that paperboy from Better Off Dead...? "Two dollars!!!"

Anyway, sorry about your experience.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']They should have a kiosk that shows the online price, but to be safe print out the website price and the price match policy. I went through hell a few weeks ago to get a $2 adjustment, but I got an additional $30 as an apology from Reward Zone.

Here is my story:

I went in to get three movies (Office Space, Predators-with X-Men cash, and Men in Black). I went to the service desk with the 3 movies and my 3 DVDs to trade in. I told her that Office Space was $7.99 on the website so I want to price match it and then use my $5 coupon, which you/Best Buy gave me.

She spoke to a woman behind the counter on a computer that I couldn't see well. She said that I could do one or the other, either $2 off or $5 off, not both. I was like "what? I am trying to match YOUR price, not another competitors price. They would not budge which really annoyed me, but I am like it's only $2 whatever.

I went to the kiosk to print a $10 certificate to use on the three movies, but the website wasn't loading so I decided to call the premiere silver number to ask them to make a certificate for me, I then told her about the situation and she understood why I was so annoyed. She said she would speak to the customer service person who denied me the price match.

I gave the woman in the store the phone and they spoke for a few minutes. I got the phone back and I was told by the Reward Zone woman that she wouldn't budge and that she would give me $30 in reward zone certificates for all the issues I am going through over a measly $2. I was not expecting that at all, but I was very pleased by that.

She then transfered me to a customer relations person who actually deals with the stores directly and I told him the situation and he asked what store I was at and he called and spoke to the manager directly and finally got the adjustment.

The most insane thing was on the way to the register the woman who was denying me said that it was a one time exception and that they were marking me in my account. I was really shocked by this, why are they making me out to be like a criminal/cheater for just asking them to accept their own policy. When I got home I called the Premiere Silver support line to ask about this "mark on my account" they said they were doing. According to the guy I spoke with he said my account was clean and there is no way for them to mark my account without him seeing. They may mark it on a piece of paper they have, but as far as system wide goes there is nothing there.

In the end I got all 3 movies for $3.50 (after $10 rewards) and $30 in bonus certificates for the hassle. All over two freakin dollars.[/QUOTE]

whoa what a mess. good story though. at least you got compensated

Hmm, Best Buy currently offers $25 trade in credit for Dead Rising 2. Does the Zombrex edition have the normal game in it or is it in some special "not for resale" packaging? Seems like some people have had difficulties trading in games that don't have normal UPCs, even though you can trade in without a case now. Might be a nice way to pick up the CE goodies for $10 and just wait for the Off the Record edition.

The case is a steelbox that just says Zombrex on the spine. I do believe the game is the standard disc though. The CE trades in for $25 as well, but if you can get the store to take just the disc then yeah it would be $25 regardless if the disc is different. Also, the Off the Record version of the game does have more features and does of course feature Frank West, but just know that it is not cannon and if/when there is a Dead Rising 3 it'll be based off of the events of DR2 and not DR2 OtR.

Wanted BlazBlue via "ship to store", but that crap method is nothing but a tease. They show all the stores you can select from, then BAM, one by one gets eliminated with a not available. Bull crap.

Of course you can still pay $2.99 to ship it anywhere you want. Pfft.

Call of Duty MW 2 Hardened Edition for $29.99 isn't too bad. Too bad I don't have an Xbox 360 anymore or else this would have been a no-brainer buy for me.

I still have an unopened copy of Bayonetta from when BBY had it for $20. Damn Demon's Souls keeps interfering with my backlog catch up >.

Got a $5 RZ coupon. Might use it towards Watchmen. I didn't like the game play of it I just want to play it to see what the story is.
Just got error sorry is unavailable when trying to ship to store. I'm kind of glad I didn't want it much anyways.

I just picked up my copy of Professor Layton and the Curious Village at Best Buy. They only charged me $15. Online order for in-store pickup said $20 + tax, but they just refunded $5 and change. Just a heads up to folks, probably very YMMV but it was a nice surprise on my end.

bread's done
Back