BestBuy Deal of the day 6/16- Inversion $19.99 xbox & ps3

So its June and we already have BF predictions? Amazing

$20 for the achievements and the ability to PM if it goes lower in 45 days is good enough for me to try

Side note: IGN gave this a better review then Lollipop Chainsaw....

[quote name='joshnorm']So its June and we already have BF predictions? Amazing

$20 for the achievements and the ability to PM if it goes lower in 45 days is good enough for me to try

Side note: IGN gave this a better review then Lollipop Chainsaw....[/QUOTE]
Just shows that game journalists at ign and polygon, etc are complete and utter morons. In any case, I hope that great games are part of the black friday sales like last year. If filler like this garbage make the cut that just takes away a spot from whatever the asscreed revs, resistance 3, and battlefields of this year will be.

The first game in a while that actually had me cursing at the screen due to the controls "sometimes not working." Very frustrating when you are halfway through a boss battle just to not stick to cover all of a sudden. Worth 19.99? Barely.

[quote name='rogus']what time do these sales start?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkircos']what time do these deals usually start at?[/QUOTE]
Sometime around 1:15am-2am, I think.

[quote name='Vigilante']FYI, this trades in to Gamestop for $18 base, so it could be a good filler for the Trade 3/5/7 -> Get $10/$20/$35 promotion. I know that's what I'm doing. ;)[/QUOTE]
So basically you're making $2 more than trading it right back into BB AND have to find 6 other qualifying games to trade in with it?:lol: That doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Oops sorry....after PUR 10% bump, that's a $3.80 profit above what you'd get at BB without having to find six more games to dump with it.:razz:

As for this deal, I think the last game to really tank quickly like this was NeverDead, which is $20 already too and just came out in January or so.
[quote name='cancerman1120']Ok so this game Tokyo Jungle sold about 100,000 copies in Japan last week. WTF? I am not even sure what this is and it will most likely out sell this game...that really means your game is bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF3x7O59yU8&feature=player_detailpage[/QUOTE]
:rofl: W....T....F!?!?!?!?! I wonder if there's an Asian edition of that with English titles like Demon Souls had. Oh and freeze frame at 1:26 on that video for some fine, sweet panda lovin' about to go down.:lol: Again....W.....T....F!?!?!?!:lol::applause:

The Japanese never disappoint for weird games.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']A shitty game is shitty at $60 and it's still shitty at $20 and less. I don't see why you guys would still buy this at $10.[/QUOTE]

Because it's not atrocious despite its flaws and was actually fun at times? Why is there no in-between anymore? Something is either great or it sucks nowadays...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
:rofl: W....T....F!?!?!?!?! I wonder if there's an Asian edition of that with English titles like Demon Souls had. Oh and freeze frame at 1:26 on that video for some fine, sweet panda lovin' about to go down.:lol: Again....W.....T....F!?!?!?!:lol::applause:

The Japanese never disappoint for weird games.[/QUOTE]

It's coming out in America and Europe at some point (no release date yet).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So basically you're making $2 more than trading it right back into BB AND have to find 6 other qualifying games to trade in with it?:lol: That doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Oops sorry....after PUR 10% bump, that's a $3.80 profit above what you'd get at BB without having to find six more games to dump with it.:razz:[/QUOTE]You forgot that I avoid any chance of banishment by trading to GS instead of right back to BBY. ;)

I plan on also picking up Deadliest Warrior for $9.99 with the $20 off @Gamer coupon and trading that in to GS for $9 base, I'm prepared to trade in Wii Sports and L.A. Noire :)ps3:), and I'm hoping for some good used game deals of the week starting Sunday to pair with the B2G1 used game promo at BBY that starts the same week--finding exactly three good flips (or direct credit transfers) would work out very nicely.

So no, I just need to find 3 other qualifying games, not 6 (though I'd settle for just one more for the $20 bonus if it comes to it). :razz:

[quote name='Prismatico']It's coming out in America and Europe at some point (no release date yet).[/QUOTE]
Interesting. Although it'll probably be a game like Afrika, that I pick up for the hell of it and then it sits in my backlog for a year.:whistle2:#
[quote name='Vigilante']You forgot that I avoid any chance of banishment by trading to GS instead of right back to BBY. ;)[/QUOTE]
True.:D

[quote name='Prismatico']Because it's not atrocious despite its flaws and was actually fun at times? Why is there no in-between anymore? Something is either great or it sucks nowadays...

It's coming out in America and Europe at some point (no release date yet).[/QUOTE]

So the bar you set for games you're willing to pay is "not atrocious?" I guess I just value my time more.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']LMMFAO! That can't be real!!!!!![/QUOTE]
That's what I thought about Mister Mosquito before I bought it and played it. That game was all sorts of weirdness.

thanks op, i might get it if it does not end up being pain in the ass, like the silent hill downpour dotd, which took me over 45 min for the price to finally adjust to $19.99, and having switching between internet explorer, chrome and firefox,

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So the bar you set for games you're willing to pay is "not atrocious?" I guess I just value my time more.[/QUOTE]

I think the game is middle of the road. Basically, average with a few occasional flaws and design quirks, but it uses its gimmick well. There are plenty of games this generation which I wish I hadn't wasted time with, but Inversion was above that level of disappointment.

My overall point was that you were criticizing anyone who might have bought/rented it. It was a thread crap sounding like people should feel wrong about their purchase if they take this deal or want to play the game at all.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's what I thought about Mister Mosquito before I bought it and played it. That game was all sorts of weirdness.[/QUOTE]

Looked it up...horrid...but, I'd play that over the jungle game!

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Well this thread has opened my eyes to Tokyo Jungle![/QUOTE]

Close them!

[quote name='psihog']Tokyo Jungle is "Last of Us" from the animal's point of view..[/QUOTE]

Lmao! Well, whoever tries to get someone to play that in online co op will be the 'Last Of Us' in the game!

[quote name='PublikDefender']Just shows that game journalists at ign and polygon, etc are complete and utter morons. In any case, I hope that great games are part of the black friday sales like last year. If filler like this garbage make the cut that just takes away a spot from whatever the asscreed revs, resistance 3, and battlefields of this year will be.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but this is such a pet peeve of mine. Never compare review scores unless they are from the same reviewer. :|

--

I was curious about Inversion, eh. I'll bargin bin it. I'm sure it won't be atrocious as some people are insinuating.

Not sure if anybody checked, but I did...BB trade in value is $10 so even with the 100% tiv through Saturday, can't just flip it back to them for anything. Oh well.

[quote name='pwnthee']Not sure if anybody checked, but I did...BB trade in value is $10 so even with the 100% tiv through Saturday, can't just flip it back to them for anything. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
You can play it for a free rental? With 10% extra it should cover the tax for most states. (Not Cali though -_-)

is this game coming to psn or store ?:shock:
v.php
v.php

edit:I'm for 1 tomorrow morn.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I really liked how this game looked. Might have to bite... but part of me just KNOWS it will be $10 at some point. Decisions.[/QUOTE]$10 base TIV @ BB + 110% trade in deal

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i dont know why best buy would do this to a brand new game, no matter how bad it is

i know $15 is my sweet spot, but i may pick it up for a run through[/QUOTE]stock, it's easy to clear this out right now for $20 than try to move it @ $5 using an @gamer coupon in Sept/Oct.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']A shitty game is shitty at $60 and it's still shitty at $20 and less. I don't see why you guys would still buy this at $10.[/QUOTE]I like to use deals like this to pad my RZ account & silver status. $2500 is easy to reach when 1/3 is just flips.

[quote name='yruluis']can b2g1 coupons be used on dotd games and they also available in-store?[/QUOTE]yes & yes if the game doesn't scan correctly they'll just pm BB.com

[quote name='pwnthee']Not sure if anybody checked, but I did...BB trade in value is $10 so even with the 100% tiv through Saturday, can't just flip it back to them for anything. Oh well.[/QUOTE]yep, 110% with GCU bump

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Looked it up...horrid...but, I'd play that over the jungle game![/quote]
It(Mister Mosquito) was a last gen game after all. But nothing can compare to the protological exam arcade game I remember seeing advertised online. It was coming out in Japan(I think) and had a prosthesis of an asshole and the controller was a hand with a single finger pointing straight out.:shock::rofl:
Here's a list of some weird games that came out over there:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_18/112-The-Asian-Weird
And a slideshow with the first slide showing the aforementioned proctological exam arcade machine.
http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/multimedia/2001/11/48438?slide=1&slideView=2
Lmao! Well, whoever tries to get someone to play that in online co op will be the 'Last Of Us' in the game!
Actually I wouldn't mind if developers made something other than 'Super Arcade Shooter Part MCMXV' or 'Mega Ultra Fighting Remix Part XVIIII'. I think a game where you play as various animals and have to hunt/kill other animals would be a refreshing change of pace.;)

I just watched the first 10 or so minutes of this game. I don't believe it's as bad as people are saying. Then again, not great or probably very memorable either. Even at $20, I'm gonna pass.

sony president-
hey, give these city environment models to sony japan and sony scea and see what they come up with.
*rubs hands together*

scea/naughty dog- whoa the city is covered with plants, what if we make a game like that movie i am legend and the zombies are based on a fungus..good idea!

sony japan- whoa the city is covered with plants, what if we make a game like that movie i am legend, but instead of people and zombies you play as...animals!
mwahahahhahahahahaha!

oh japan.

[quote name='T9X69']Anyone think Amazon would PM this?[/QUOTE]
i dont think they will just do instore pickup u have 7or8 to pick it up

[quote name='rpg']i dont think they will just do instore pickup u have 7or8 to pick it up[/QUOTE]

I'm too lazy to deal with NYC transit on a Saturday to go to BB lol

bread's done
Back