BestBuy Deal of the day 6/16- Inversion $19.99 xbox & ps3

LOL, i opted for free shipping, because they charge me more tax to pickup the game than having it shipping for free. what non-sense

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']i feel sorry for the 5 people that purchased this for full price did the tiv at amazon tank or was it this low for a new game lol[/QUOTE]

LOL, this is probably the least popular dotd deal of the week for game

amazon trade in
PlayStation 3 Trade-in Value: up to $10.50

Xbox 360 Trade-in Value: up to $15.00

lol

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']i feel sorry for the 5 people that purchased this for full price did the tiv at amazon tank or was it this low for a new game lol[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing the TIV for Inversion was at like $18 when it first released (only because I was doing the TIV bonus math since GS had this game at $50 new on release), so I think the drop to the $10 TIV price-point is recent and a proactive move on BB's part because of the DOTD price...

Placed an order for a :360: copy with in-store pickup with the intention of trading it in to GS at $18 base with 6 other games (3 of which I already have ready). ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It(Mister Mosquito) was a last gen game after all. But nothing can compare to the protological exam arcade game I remember seeing advertised online. It was coming out in Japan(I think) and had a prosthesis of an asshole and the controller was a hand with a single finger pointing straight out.:shock::rofl:
Here's a list of some weird games that came out over there:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_18/112-The-Asian-Weird
And a slideshow with the first slide showing the aforementioned proctological exam arcade machine.
http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/multimedia/2001/11/48438?slide=1&slideView=2

Actually I wouldn't mind if developers made something other than 'Super Arcade Shooter Part MCMXV' or 'Mega Ultra Fighting Remix Part XVIIII'. I think a game where you play as various animals and have to hunt/kill other animals would be a refreshing change of pace.;)[/QUOTE]

Ummm...:whistle2:# Not gonna ask what else you search for!:whistle2:o

And, I agree with the 9,000 FPS that look the same! OMG!:whee:

Grabbed a copy of Inversion for 360. Thinkin I may actually really like it, as I seem to have an affinity towards shitty games (I'm actually really enjoying ORC so far). Shoot, I even really like the COD controller too, so its been a real good week overall.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It(Mister Mosquito) was a last gen game after all. But nothing can compare to the protological exam arcade game I remember seeing advertised online. It was coming out in Japan(I think) and had a prosthesis of an asshole and the controller was a hand with a single finger pointing straight out.:shock::rofl:
Here's a list of some weird games that came out over there:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_18/112-The-Asian-Weird
And a slideshow with the first slide showing the aforementioned proctological exam arcade machine.
http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/multimedia/2001/11/48438?slide=1&slideView=2

Actually I wouldn't mind if developers made something other than 'Super Arcade Shooter Part MCMXV' or 'Mega Ultra Fighting Remix Part XVIIII'. I think a game where you play as various animals and have to hunt/kill other animals would be a refreshing change of pace.;)[/QUOTE]

That arcade game was called Boonga Boonga and I'm pretty sure it was Korean made. It's one of those games made to mock Japan's weirdness.

I haven't checked out that wired link, but I hope the table flipping game is on there.

I am all in on this one. I was thinking about grabbing it at $50 but couldn't justify it with my backlog. Used a reward certificate to get it for $15. I like Sabre Interactive and the You Tube videos made it look like Gears (which is good) with a twist.

[quote name='Brother Daz']fuck it, I'm in for a copy.[/QUOTE]

lol... I've held off all week on the other DoTD, I doubt I'll get this one!!!

[quote name='mrgamer']Sold 7 copies so far, thanks best buy, gotta go pick up the orders now, es muy bueno![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']where u sell it on ebay? ur moms friends?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he's just trying to rile some people up!

I rented this last week, but never really got past the first level due to a combination of lousy work schedule and social engagements. I was intrigued by what little I played and figured: What the hell, it's $20.

Hell, I figure enough CAGs might get it to encourage a few multiplayer achievement runs of something.

Interesting note, they still had this game locked up in their "New Release" cage. Looks like they had sold a bunch of copies today, too.

I bit. Game got mixed reviews, but for $20 I'll take a shot. Just hope I don't get that dreaded "not available in-store" email in a couple of hours like I did for SIlent Hill: Downpour a few days ago when that was also $20.

I picked this up ay my local BB. It said UNAVAILABLE online when I checked, but on a hunch I went down to my local BB. I ended up finding the last copy of the game on one of those little end sections where they have an assortment of only new releases. I scored the last copy that wasnt even there according to the web site. It probably helped me a lot that the prices on the display racks for the game still read $59.99, so only people who specifically went there for the deal probably knew that it was only $20. Sweet. :)

Velo214 on ps3 picked this up today. just noticed there are a few co op and mp trophies. im not gonna subject anyone to the meatheads trophy (play whole game co op) but some look easy enough like some mp and throw a corpse at your buddy in co op trophies. no local co op so i need someone to boost me over a ledge etc. hit me up with a friend request just for today or tomorrow n then im trading this in. Velo214 on psn. make sure to include inversion in the body/title or i won't add you. peace!

I ordered it, then got to store to pick it up and cancelled it. Just wasnt feeling like i'd have time for it or like it.

I've played through a few chapters so far. I'm actually enjoying it. I really don't see why it got such harsh reviews. It's not the greatest game ever but it's definitely a decent game.

[quote name='Velo214']Velo214 on ps3 picked this up today. just noticed there are a few co op and mp trophies. im not gonna subject anyone to the meatheads trophy (play whole game co op) but some look easy enough like some mp and throw a corpse at your buddy in co op trophies. no local co op so i need someone to boost me over a ledge etc. hit me up with a friend request just for today or tomorrow n then im trading this in. Velo214 on psn. make sure to include inversion in the body/title or i won't add you. peace![/QUOTE]
Hit me up on PSN. I'm probably going tomorrow to pick up my copy I just ordered about 20 minutes ago. It only cost me about $10 outta pocket and that was from game trade credit. That was after the $5 bonus RZ certificate they gave out to some RZ members and the $5 certificate I had sitting in my account from game trades and other purchases(all made w/ gift card $$$ too:lol:).

So for $10 I'll try and if I hate it I'll trade it back in before the 100% promo is done and likely get a free rental outta it.:)

Combine the following in a blender:
  • playing sideways & upside-down like "Aliens vs. Predator" (in "alien" mode)
  • tossing enemies up in the air like "Bulletstorm"
  • bro-mance like "Army of Two"
  • vertical-oriented maps like "Dark Void"
... and you get "Inversion".

I'm sold ... those are quite a few games that slipped under the radar that I personally liked, so $20 is a decent price to stroll down so many previous experiences.

Well after saying I'd probably pass, damn it, I bought it. Now watch this be another Duke Nukem and it'll be $3 new in a couple months. Although they probably didn't order near as many of these as Duke Nukem so maybe not that low.

What sold me is it's the same developers that did TimeShift. Yeah, I'll check out this game knowing that.

If enough CAG folk have bought it for the 360, I'd love to get a multiplayer night put together to check it out and get some MP achievements.

[quote name='Regian']If enough CAG folk have bought it for the 360, I'd love to get a multiplayer night put together to check it out and get some MP achievements.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for 360.

I decided to grab this last night. Will co-op through with a buddy over the next few nights then trade or sell it off. Not a bad investment for a few nights of co-op, whether the game sucks or not.

I picked it up myself if it sucks I can trade it in and get my $$$ back. I would just say play and trade it soon I have a feeling its going to drop a lot in the future.

Darn, too late to pick it up at that price. Back up to $39.99. :whistle2:(

[quote name='superman37876']Darn, too late to pick it up at that price. Back up to $39.99. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Well from the reviews you shouldnt have too long to wait for another drop

Yeah, guess I can safely wait for $15 or less since I passed on this. I won't get to play it anytime soon anyway, so no rush.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Threads like this are why I don't take any gaming opinions from CAG members seriously.[/QUOTE]

Because we don't follow what the critics say?
Shame on us! I mean really, who does that?!

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Because we don't follow what the critics say?
Shame on us! I mean really, who does that?![/QUOTE]

Because every cheap game is "pretty good" because you guys account for the cost of the game in your judgment of the game's merits.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']I picked this up ay my local BB. It said UNAVAILABLE online when I checked, but on a hunch I went down to my local BB. I ended up finding the last copy of the game on one of those little end sections where they have an assortment of only new releases. I scored the last copy that wasnt even there according to the web site. It probably helped me a lot that the prices on the display racks for the game still read $59.99, so only people who specifically went there for the deal probably knew that it was only $20. Sweet. :)[/QUOTE]

Any media will show unavailable unless theres at least 2 in store. They dont let you do pickup if its the last copy.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Because every cheap game is "pretty good" because you guys account for the cost of the game in your judgment of the game's merits.[/QUOTE]

You just cant judge peoples opinions on a game in a thread like this...its mostly justifications for spending the money. Wait a week and people will be more honest. Or check the reviews on amazon, those tend to be on the mark when a game gets enough of them.

The one reason id get this is because i actually liked quantum theory, another gears "clone". Of course i got that for $6. $20 plus tax is way too much for this...itll be 10 or less very soon. People have no willpower.

do what confoosious does. blame the flippers for missing the deal. who cares about supply and reality and etc. who cares that deal of the days usually are limited time sales. who cares about instore pickup, or whoever catches the deal first gets it.
just BLAME THE FLIPPERS ALWAYS FOREVER!
i know the flippers were buying tons of this game to make a dollar profit. but its not your fault you missed the sale. it was the flippers. always. blame. the. flippers.

bread's done
Back