Bestbuy @Gamer coupons for December (11/28-12/25)

dennisb407

Banned
Coupons in the December issue #5:

$10 off Soul Calibur IV (PS,Xbox)

$15 off Lego Harry Potter (PS,Xbox,Wii NDS,PSP)

$10 off Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (XBOX)

$10 off Starcraft II: Wings Of Liberty (PC and Collector's Edition PC)

$15 off Final Fantasy XIV (PC and Collector's Edition PC)

$20 off Final Fantasy XIII (PS,Xbox)

$15 off Tom Clancey's Ghost Recon (Wii)

$10 off Tom Clancey's H.A.W.X 2 (Wii)

If a mod or anyone wants to add the scan/photo please be my guest, I'm not all tech savvy like that lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I know saying this is getting worn but since they started up the magazine their deals have really gone down hill. What makes it even worse is that you now have to PAY for deals that are worse then the free ones used to be...and there are rarely any free deals anymore.

I remember last month (think it was last month) they had a coupon for SSFIV but WITH the coupon it only took it down to the price that Target had permanently dropped it to.

I still want Starcraft II but it's been out long enough there should be a $35 deal someplace and have yet to see it that low.

Yeah ew...IMO. Most of those coupons are pretty bad (depending on if the game goes on sale. $20 off FF13 (You wrote 12) is decent if the price is $30-40 normally/on sale. Everything else is meh IMO.

The $15 off Lego Harry Potter coupon looks good. If someone was going to buy Epic Mickey this week, Lego Harry Potter Wii is 50% off when you buy it so I guess it would be $25 - $15 coupon so $10, $60 total for Epic Mickey and Lego Harry Potter.

Soul Calibur IV I remember buying from there over a year ago for 9.99. Final Fantasy 13 has been 19.99 already too. If they're just dumb enough to run one of those sales again we could have a mad frenzy for free games again. I doubt it, but it does seem like every month or two they mistakingly overlap their sales. We can hope.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah ew...IMO. Most of those coupons are pretty bad (depending on if the game goes on sale. $20 off FF13 (You wrote 12) is decent if the price is $30-40 normally/on sale. Everything else is meh IMO.[/QUOTE]
Thanks...corrected FF13

[quote name='radioactivez0r']$20 coupon on a game from March that has already been under $20? That has potential. And I assume you mean Force Unleashed 2.[/QUOTE]
No

F.U is only $20 in store ..with $10 coupons knocks it down to $10 purchase price

Pardon my newbness but can anyone tell me how to look up a game on BB wesbite to see if its in a local store. I mean a game that isnt listed on the site. Do I modify a link or something?

[quote name='dennisb407']No

F.U is only $20 in store ..with $10 coupons knocks it down to $10 purchase price[/QUOTE]

My bad; I was referring to FFXIII on the $20 thing. The OP lists Force Unleashed $10 off, so I am just assuming it's supposed to be FU2.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']My bad; I was referring to FFXIII on the $20 thing. The OP lists Force Unleashed $10 off, so I am just assuming it's supposed to be FU2.[/QUOTE]
Yea...Im not even talking about FFXIII, its FU1

[quote name='xDerekRx']Pardon my newbness but can anyone tell me how to look up a game on BB wesbite to see if its in a local store. I mean a game that isnt listed on the site. Do I modify a link or something?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I went to check Soul Calibur's current price and only the portable games came up. I guess if they don't sell it online it's not available to check for store pick up. Probably need to find the sku/upc #.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Soul Calibur IV I remember buying from there over a year ago for 9.99. Final Fantasy 13 has been 19.99 already too. If they're just dumb enough to run one of those sales again we could have a mad frenzy for free games again. I doubt it, but it does seem like every month or two they mistakingly overlap their sales. We can hope.[/QUOTE]

Very unlikely BB would let anyone walk out with a game for $0.

Also, unlike with Splinter Cell Conviction, where the coupon automatically rang up when scanned, I'm fairly sure BB has altered the scans so that you need an override if the game is already on sale.

Meaning, if SC4 or FF13 ever hit $10 or $20 in a sale, there's no way a cashier can just ring the coupon up without a manager.

And we at CAG all know what that means.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Good question. I went to check Soul Calibur's current price and only the portable games came up. I guess if they don't sell it online it's not available to check for store pick up. Probably need to find the sku/upc #.[/QUOTE]

I had this feeling there was a trick where you modified the link and added the games sku and it found it on the site even if you couldnt search for it. Im sure someone has tried it.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Very unlikely BB would let anyone walk out with a game for $0.

Also, unlike with Splinter Cell Conviction, where the coupon automatically rang up when scanned, I'm fairly sure BB has altered the scans so that you need an override if the game is already on sale.

Meaning, if SC4 or FF13 ever hit $10 or $20 in a sale, there's no way a cashier can just ring the coupon up without a manager.

And we at CAG all know what that means.[/QUOTE]

Um....BB has done many free games before. Plus needing a manager to override isn't that big of a deal, sometimes they say no sometimes they say yes.

Too bad harry potter is still close to full price. I got ff 13 when amazon had it for $17.99 as a deal of the day. Still not a bad price for those who missed out. Ff 13 should be around $40 @ best buy so $20 is great.

And meh to the other coupons

[quote name='wrldindstries302']It's not uncommon for things like games to cost a different amount online than they do in-store.[/QUOTE]

Not with Best Buy. With the exception o YMMV clearance in which case we can't help with that, you would need to call the store. Either way you can get the information on your own.

[quote name='slidecage']15 off Lego Harry Potter (PS,Xbox,Wii NDS,PSP)

that would make the game 5 bucks ? since its only 19.99[/QUOTE]

Which version is 19.99? I don't see any. I DO however see online that they're listing the DS version as on sale for 14.99 thru 11/29. This coupon could make it free.

Lego Harry Potter(Years 1-4) IS $14.99 on sale, though probably only for Sunday and Monday as part of the Cyber Monday deals.

FYI: It gets $9 a copy at Best Buy for trade.;)

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I think I actually bought FFXIII for $20 with a $20 coupon in the summer, so I guess now they're just recycling these ideas.[/QUOTE]

I thought it had a coupon before too...maybe it was a RZ online coupon...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Lego Harry Potter(Years 1-4) IS $14.99 on sale, though probably only for Sunday and Monday as part of the Cyber Monday deals.

FYI: It gets $9 a copy at Best Buy for trade.;)[/QUOTE]

i might stop by tomorrow to see if they got the new book in stock... if they allow the coupon to work and get the game for free the mag is worth 6 just for the free game :)

i doubt they will allow the coupon to work or i doubt they got the new book instore .

You never know until you try.;) I remember the last time a game was on sale at the same time an @Gamer coupon was giving a discount on it. At first I think people needed a manager's override for it, but by the end of that weeklong sale it was allowing the coupon to work normally even on the sale price.

Soul Calibur 4 is $19.99 in stores. It's one of their yellow labeled games.

For $10 I might would pick it up, but then again I can get it CHEAPER @ KMart even w/ using a $15 Epic Mickey coupon.

I guess if you have BB credit to burn it's not a bad deal.

SC4 actually is $10.99 on Amazon for 360...same for PS3 when it was instock & sold by Amazon yesterday.

I missed out on the Target's Black Friday sale on Final Fantasy XIII for $17. Hopefully, this game goes on sale at least $5 off to offset the price of the magazine.

[quote name='slidecage']i might stop by tomorrow to see if they got the new book in stock... if they allow the coupon to work and get the game for free the mag is worth 6 just for the free game :)

i doubt they will allow the coupon to work or i doubt they got the new book instore .[/QUOTE]

The magazine is in store, got it yesterday when I picked up Undead for $20 and 1600 points for $17.99

Definitely will keep an eye out for sales on these titles, and watch this thread.

Sometimes the sales and coupons stack, like Splinter Cell Conviction (360) for $5.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Soul Calibur IV I remember buying from there over a year ago for 9.99. Final Fantasy 13 has been 19.99 already too. If they're just dumb enough to run one of those sales again we could have a mad frenzy for free games again. I doubt it, but it does seem like every month or two they mistakingly overlap their sales. We can hope.[/QUOTE]

I talked to a Best Buy customer relations person over the summer and she told be that Best Buy is almost like like 4 or 5 small companies under the same name: mail order, outlet, promotions, retail, credit... they really do not communicate with each other and that is why crazy things like 'free games' happen a few times each year.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I talked to a Best Buy customer relations person over the summer and she told be that Best Buy is almost like like 4 or 5 small companies under the same name: mail order, outlet, promotions, retail, credit... they really do not communicate with each other and that is why crazy things like 'free games' happen a few times each year.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, why would you do that?

[quote name='XF Gator']Seriously, why would you do that?[/QUOTE]

Terrible story... terrible terrible story... that company is so hosed.

[quote name='dennisb407']No

F.U is only $20 in store ..with $10 coupons knocks it down to $10 purchase price[/QUOTE]

Too bad the coupon does not work for all systems or I would be picking up the mag.:cry:

Anyone check if the NDS version of Lego Harry Potter is 14.99 in store today as well as online? With the coupon it's free, if it works. Just haven't had the chance to head up there today myself.

These coupons basically bring the prices to what other retailers offer (what I think the prices should be).

I feel like if you buy the game at full price, you're getting ripped off, and even if you use the coupon, they're still getting you for $6 on the magazine.
I'll stick to PMing TRU or Kmart :lol:

[quote name='InvaderZim']I talked to a Best Buy customer relations person over the summer and she told be that Best Buy is almost like like 4 or 5 small companies under the same name: mail order, outlet, promotions, retail, credit... they really do not communicate with each other and that is why crazy things like 'free games' happen a few times each year.[/QUOTE]

here's to hoping you are kidding...

[quote name='mrosnwo']Anyone check if the NDS version of Lego Harry Potter is 14.99 in store today as well as online? With the coupon it's free, if it works. Just haven't had the chance to head up there today myself.[/QUOTE]

harry potter is 29.99 in store and the coupon ONLY works on NORMAL PRICE..

says on the coupon.. coupon will not work on sale prices

i had them check the Ds and PSP verison and both rung up 29.99 said the 14.99 is online only..

I did get them to price match the GOLDEN SUN DS 10 buck coupon.... The worker said they would just take 10 bucks off the game instead of giving me a 10 buck gift card

so ended up walking away with GOLDEN SUN for around 26.57

Thanks for the info slidecage. I kinda thought the 14.99 price was a cyber Monday thing and wouldn't be honored in store. About the "not valid on sale price" footnote, as many of us have found out through various sales in the past, a lot of times the computer doesn't realize that and takes the discout off anyway. Got a crap load of sale blu-rays for an additional 30% off sale prices just 2 weeks ago with a coupon that said "not valid on sale prices". I guess we just wait now for the next few weeks to see if anything on here either price drops or hits a sale to try again.

edit - well, thinking about it now, I guess you could get the store to price match their own website, which they would do no problem, then try the coupon anyway on top, but the odds of that working without override are slim to none.

bread's done
Back