• Nerf N-Strike Elite :wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Final Fantasy XIII :360::ps3:
  • The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks :ds:

Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Madden NFL 11 :360: (Available 8/10)
  • HALO Reach :360: (Available 9/14)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
Receive FREE HAT (via mail) with purchase of Dragon Quest IX :ds: (Valid 7/11 - 7/31)
picture.php

Thanks, Easystride!

Please visit myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamersclub for more information and to print the respective $$$ OFF coupons. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone been able to get these to show up on the website? I checked and the current deals for the first half of the month are different from what the OP posted. Here's hoping that it's just a delay in updating the site...

If Lost Planet 2 or FF13 drops to $40 or lower, I'll pick it up. Not quite as good as the $10 Blur deal last month (perfect storm of deals!) but $20 for either would be worthwhile.

FFXIII is not worth $30...not even sure if it's worth $20.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to rent that particular game and play it for a couple hours before buying it, because it definitely isn't for everywhere.

[quote name='aerozero']FFXIII is not worth $30...not even sure if it's worth $20.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to rent that particular game and play it for a couple hours before buying it, because it definitely isn't for everywhere.[/QUOTE]
I'm a die hard JRPG fan and it's a struggle for me to even get through that game. Like you said, it's definitely not for everyone. It's a decent game, just didn't live up to all the hype. Not even close.

[quote name='Blackjack13']I'm a die hard JRPG fan and it's a struggle for me to even get through that game. Like you said, it's definitely not for everyone. It's a decent game, just didn't live up to all the hype. Not even close.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it is Final Fantasy in name only and only cosmetically related to FF in anyway. I'm ten hours into it and the summons are worthless and very linear.

Was FF13 really that bad? I thought it was supposed to be pretty good. I haven't played a FF game since 7 on PS1 so I have missed alot in the FF series. Oh well if Alan Wake goes on sale I will probably get that instead then. :)

Jesus, some people slam FFXIII to the end of sanity and I don't understand why. It was pretty FF'ish to me....what's it missing where everyone whines so much about it? It took me 50 hours to beat, the story was interesting enough, and the battle system was alot of fun.

Their price on God of War 3 is pretty high still, I wonder if they put it back at MSRP because of the 20 dollars off. Its about $39-40 on Amazon and Walmart.com

There is a deal currently, but you have to be a member of the Gamer's Club and received the free issue of that new Best Buy magazine in the mail like many of us did.

Currently(until midnight tonight) Halo ODST is $39.99. There is also a $20 off coupon for ODST in that magazine. So...ODST for $19.99 plus tax.

As a member of the Gamer's Club I received a free copy of the @Gamer magazine that Best Buy is publishing and inside it there's a page of coupons, one of which is for $20 off of Halo 3: ODST.

I did a search and I didn't see it posted anywhere in that search, so hopefully this helps some of you to get this game for half off the MSRP of $39.99.

Unfortunately if you're just a RZ member and didn't get the free issue of @Gamer magazine from Best Buy, it'll cost you $6 for the first issue in store, thus negating this deal for the most part.:cry:

Coupons are valid from 6/24/10 to 7/31/10 and are between pages 64 and 65 in the magazine.

I beat FF13 a couple weeks ago. I put about 61 hours into it which is a little more than it would normally take because I did some side quests and leveled up my party. I got it at KMart for $30 a few months back when they had a deal on it. I think it was definitely worth it at $30.

I don't see why everyone had such a problem with it. I've beaten FF4, FF7, FF8, and FF10 before this and I didn't see where it was all that different than any of them. The story was no worse than any of the other FF games I've played, I found it entertaining. Everyone bitches about only controlling the main person in the party and if they die your whole party dies. I don't really think that's a huge deal. You use party paradigms to control what everyone does to a certain extent and you really shouldn't die that many times anyway.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I picked mine up used at GS during the B2G1 sale and it still had the code inside the case. So if you don't want to wait for a deal and can find one used at a local GS, check the case and see if the code is inside still.[/QUOTE]
just cause the code is in there does not mean it will be valid though. You'll run into this with things like rockband codes and what not. Someone has simply copied the code and claimed it already. Unless it happens to be a scratch off a la PSN cards ya know

I picked up the 100 classic books yesterday for $15. I don't own any of the books in the list, so it's worth a go for myself and for my daughters eventually.

[quote name='blindinglights']I beat FF13 a couple weeks ago. I put about 61 hours into it which is a little more than it would normally take because I did some side quests and leveled up my party. I got it at KMart for $30 a few months back when they had a deal on it. I think it was definitely worth it at $30.

I don't see why everyone had such a problem with it. I've beaten FF4, FF7, FF8, and FF10 before this and I didn't see where it was all that different than any of them.[/quote]

These two reviews pretty much sum up how I feel about the game, except I was kind of okay with the linearity because the graphics were so amazing that if I turned off the map, it was like I wasn't walking from Point A to Point B.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-final-fantasy-xiii-167136.phtml

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1569-Final-Fantasy-XIII

Question. Do these coupons work for Limited/Collector Editions or just the regular game? My BB still has some GOW III and Alan Wake CE's I'd like to get, especially if I can coupon them.

[quote name='aerozero']These two reviews pretty much sum up how I feel about the game, except I was kind of okay with the linearity because the graphics were so amazing that if I turned off the map, it was like I wasn't walking from Point A to Point B.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-final-fantasy-xiii-167136.phtml

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1569-Final-Fantasy-XIII[/QUOTE]

That destructioid review...what the heck of comment is attacking Square for not telling you what is going on the first 10 hours intro to FFXIII? Technically it takes that long to understand anything in FFVII as well and I don't hear people complaining about that. As a matter of fact I don't think you can understand a game like FFVII unless you cross reference some of the articles out there to get a deeper understanding of the story. In some retrospects I think FFXIII did a BETTER job with the encyclopedia on helping you understand and get into the flow of the world without interfering with the gameplay.

so it sounds like FFXIII, w/ its linear mode and somewhat simplified gameplay would be perfect for a newcomer to the series? Never played one in my life, but I did sample this at Fry's on demo and was pretty impressed. Just worried that I won't get more than an hour into and have many WTF moments..

The first 10 hours is like a big tutorial, it doesnt just throw everything at you all at once. I think you would do just fine with it.

Looks like a possible free after coupon in the making, for those who got the Gamer Best Buy magazine Free in the mail.

As long as you can Pricematch ODST at $19.99 somehwere.

And don't say its not possible I still have like 8 Unopened Games

from last years October Buy 2 Get 1 Free FIASCO (happy party)

where you would buy 2 $5 or $10 games and as long as the 2nd game scanned was the $59.99 one, it was Free.

they wouldn't let me pricematch and use a coupon when i tried last week for alpha protocol. tried to gamestop pm 40 and then 20 off with texted sku # but they said one or the other so i passed. good luck tho

[quote name='token2k6']so it sounds like FFXIII, w/ its linear mode and somewhat simplified gameplay would be perfect for a newcomer to the series? Never played one in my life, but I did sample this at Fry's on demo and was pretty impressed. Just worried that I won't get more than an hour into and have many WTF moments..[/QUOTE]

Simplified is an understatement, but yeah it's really easy to get into. All you need to do is press x to auto-battle and L1 to change classes when you need to.

[quote name='MiamiStyle']Looks like a possible free after coupon in the making, for those who got the Gamer Best Buy magazine Free in the mail.

[/QUOTE]

Who has ODST for $19.99?

[quote name='MiamiStyle']Looks like a possible free after coupon in the making, for those who got the Gamer Best Buy magazine Free in the mail.

from last years October Buy 2 Get 1 Free FIASCO (happy party)

where you would buy 2 $5 or $10 games and as long as the 2nd game scanned was the $59.99 one, it was Free.[/QUOTE]
not gonna happen new guy. You'd have to be really lucky to have a manager come over to do the override. And then if he saw you were getting the game free.....pretty positive he'd say no.

Can't pm and coupon at best buy unfortunately

[quote name='shadowkast']not gonna happen new guy. You'd have to be really lucky to have a manager come over to do the override. And then if he saw you were getting the game free.....pretty positive he'd say no.

Can't pm and coupon at best buy unfortunately[/QUOTE]
I was just about to say if BB priced one of the $20 off games(Bioshock 2, Halo 3: ODST, Skate 3, Tiger Woods 2011, 2010 Fifa World Cup: South Africa)at $19.99 it would be free after coupon from the @Gamer magazine.

But I just double checked the coupons and they put in BOLD print: Markdowns taken from regular prices. #-o

[quote name='Sa2vador']Question. Do these coupons work for Limited/Collector Editions or just the regular game? My BB still has some GOW III and Alan Wake CE's I'd like to get, especially if I can coupon them.[/QUOTE]

Only if the SKU for the LE is listed on the coupon. Otherwise, you'd have to argue it with the cashier, and probably get an override from the manager.

So I was checking my account balance to see if the points from buying Blur had been added to my total yet and I noticed that I had earned 500 bonus points for something. I know you can get these from certain preorders but I've never preordered anything thing from a Best Buy before and I haven't bought anything besides Blur in months. I bought Blur on 6/20 and the points are dated 6/25. The only thing it says is " 500 Bonus Points RZ Gamers Club". It won't tell me where they are from. Right now they are pending. Does anyone know what these could be?

[quote name='slowdive21']It means you hit the $150 dollar mark in games purchases.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I guess I was close to hitting the mark. That just seems like a strange way to present it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was just about to say if BB priced one of the $20 off games(Bioshock 2, Halo 3: ODST, Skate 3, Tiger Woods 2011, 2010 Fifa World Cup: South Africa)at $19.99 it would be free after coupon from the @Gamer magazine.

But I just double checked the coupons and they put in BOLD print: Markdowns taken from regular prices. #-o[/QUOTE]

Trust me, "Regular Prices" from now to July 31'st WILL be $29.99 and $19.99 on these games.

Once Crack Down 2 launches and Madden 11 is around the corner.

July 31'st is when the Coupons Expire. You will be looking at Free ODST and $9.99 for Bioshock 2

[quote name='MiamiStyle']Trust me, "Regular Prices" from now to July 31'st WILL be $29.99 and $19.99 on these games.

Once Crack Down 2 launches and Madden 11 is around the corner.

July 31'st is when the Coupons Expire. You will be looking at Free ODST and $9.99 for Bioshock 2[/QUOTE]

Quoted for a somewhat bold statement.

[quote name='Sway']Quoted for a somewhat bold statement.[/QUOTE]

Disregard that newbie. He is spreading misinformation in multiple threads.

[quote name='bojay1997']Disregard that newbie. He is spreading misinformation in multiple threads.[/QUOTE]

also, everyone knows that maimi style sucks

[quote name='gage006']Never heard of that @Gamer magazine and pretty sure I didn't receive it =/ lame.[/QUOTE]
Are you a member of the Reward Zone Gamer's Club besides being a RZ member? If not, there's your reason as to why you didn't get the magazine.

If that's the case and they're only sending the first issue to everyone, then some folks will be receiving the magazine long after the coupons expire.:roll:

I doubt I'll use 90% of the coupons, but I'm holding onto the ones for Bioshock 2 and Halo 3: ODST in the event they receive another price drop or sale before the coupons expire.

[quote name='shadowkast']just cause the code is in there does not mean it will be valid though. You'll run into this with things like rockband codes and what not. Someone has simply copied the code and claimed it already. Unless it happens to be a scratch off a la PSN cards ya know[/QUOTE]

It's actually a pull tab... So unless someone is really good with glue, I'm good.

Tried to use the Bioshock 2 coupon on the Bioshock 2 Special Edition for $49 (reg is $69). Yeah, that was a no go. Oh well, I still picked it up because it was the last one and I have really wanted it for a long time. I'm glad I did too because this special edition is really cool. I love the soundtracks to these games and the art book is hard-bound, detailed, and beautiful.

bread's done
Back