• Nerf N-Strike Elite :wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Final Fantasy XIII :360::ps3:
  • The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks :ds:

Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Madden NFL 11 :360: (Available 8/10)
  • HALO Reach :360: (Available 9/14)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
Receive FREE HAT (via mail) with purchase of Dragon Quest IX :ds: (Valid 7/11 - 7/31)
picture.php

Thanks, Easystride!

Please visit myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamersclub for more information and to print the respective $$$ OFF coupons. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sway']I saw the text for each offer but didn't see the links till I disabled AdBlock Plus, maybe that's it?[/QUOTE]

That was probably my problem! I'll keep that in mind next time. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='crazedracerguy']

I'm still on the fence about FF XIII, which means I probably won't buy it this week. If I have to think about something that much, I obviously don't want it.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of in the same boat; I'm curious, haven't played a FF since the very first, and maybe a long silly game is up my alley. But it's Tuesday, and I haven't gone for it yet. Decisions, decisions.

yay, just got bestbuy to give me PoP for $15. they shot me down for the target 2 $50 psn card deal saying that they don't price match bundle gift cards, booo!
but yeah my friend cashier who i always go to for free/coupon stacked games told me that it was cool. he even let me keep the $15 off PoP coupon and told me to do it again tomorrow, lol. he also said that he would give me just dance wii for 15 and skate 3 for 20 if i wanted. i told him i would go check out the tiv before i bought it.
yay for being nice to people and then they are nice back, woot!

edit- checked out tiv's. i locked in pop at 17, but now it's down to 12, so ill pass on the 2nd copy. just gonna plat n trade this one in. skate 3 isnt worth a flip. just dance is 15->20, so i might grab one of those. peace!
hmm re edit, just found that pop and just dance are on the trade 2 get 40 list... but this would be my 3rd time trading in for crackdown2 or madden they might raise some flags... ill see.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, my cashier didnt need a manager. just clicked the 15off ok thing that happens every rz coupon. maybe they changed it since yesterday/lol made it easier to use?
the receipt said 10 off sale discount 15 off coupon discount

Well I got shot down on the price match of TRU. Tried to get Transformers + PoP + $50 GC.

Sales rep did try tho, and when I mentioned that someone else had gotten the price match he looked through the system for a memo (?) regarding it. I don't know how BB's system works, but the way he made it sound is when a price match precedent is set, it is notated in the system. No such record was found, which was weird given that at least a couple CAGS reported getting it to work. My guess is its sku specific.

He then said it probably didn't work given the games were on sale, which matches up with what Shrike (and the BB price match policy) said. At least the PoP coupon worked, tho somewhat strange. For it to suddenly work must mean that somewhere it got looked at, and was MADE to work. Which flies in the face of the reason I got rejected on Sunday - "the game was already on sale."

Not complaining too much tho, to date this year I have purchased 4 recently released games at BB - which is 4 more than all of last year.

-

[quote name='donut']POP for $14.99 today, no override needed.
Smooth....[/QUOTE]

The coupon dropped it to $15 automatically or you mean the cashier manually entered it without calling a manager? Just want to confirm before I make another trip.

[quote name='Killbomb']The coupon dropped it to $15 automatically or you mean the cashier manually entered it without calling a manager? Just want to confirm before I make another trip.[/QUOTE]

Dropped automatically.
Cashier had to hit yes on the screen that pops up after coupon is scanned...but that happens with every coupon I've ever used...

[quote name='donut']Dropped automatically.
Cashier had to hit yes on the screen that pops up after coupon is scanned...but that happens with every coupon I've ever used...[/QUOTE]

Great. Thanks for confirming. Gonna go try to pick it up in a bit.

Just got back from getting PoP for $14.99 with no issues. Cashier read the back of the coupon, scanned it and said "Yep, it works". Might go back tomorrow and try to get Skate 3. Almost got it tonight but I was still unsure if I'd play it enough to be worth $20.

My guess is that BB figured out that people were getting turned away from this coupon and they saw the 500,000 copies of circulation that they're quoting to their advertisers slipping away. It didn't bode well that they would send out coupons in a subscription mag and then tell the subscribers "That coupon doesn't work, since it's on sale". WTF am I going to spend $20 to subscribe for if the coupons are null and void?

I went ahead and picked up PoP for $15. That was my sweet spot for that game.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']My guess is that BB figured out that people were getting turned away from this coupon and they saw the 500,000 copies of circulation that they're quoting to their advertisers slipping away. It didn't bode well that they would send out coupons in a subscription mag and then tell the subscribers "That coupon doesn't work, since it's on sale". WTF am I going to spend $20 to subscribe for if the coupons are null and void?

I went ahead and picked up PoP for $15. That was my sweet spot for that game.[/QUOTE]

I concur and I might have to pick this up as well.

sweet freaking jesus..so the conspiracy about them not moving PoP Sunday thru Weds and changing up the coupon to work seems valid. I wonder if they can track everytime an order is started at the register then cleared :lol:

I've gotta go by there at lunch, luckily I've kept that PoP coupon in my wallet all week! I'm not sure if imma get Skate 3 considering I don't like the control scheme and only played 20 mins of the other two..it's hard when you come from THPS (day one) back in the day to go to anything else..

[quote name='token2k6']sweet freaking jesus..so the conspiracy about them not moving PoP Sunday thru Weds and changing up the coupon to work seems valid. I wonder if they can track everytime an order is started at the register then cleared :lol:

I've gotta go by there at lunch, luckily I've kept that PoP coupon in my wallet all week! I'm not sure if imma get Skate 3 considering I don't like the control scheme and only played 20 mins of the other two..it's hard when you come from THPS (day one) back in the day to go to anything else..[/QUOTE]

I am the same way. I am lucky I held onto the PoP coupon. Here is hope they still have copies when I go during lunch

[quote name='token2k6']I'm not sure if imma get Skate 3 considering I don't like the control scheme and only played 20 mins of the other two..it's hard when you come from THPS (day one) back in the day to go to anything else..[/QUOTE]

Same here. I played the hell out of the first 3 or 4 THPS games then really couldn't get into any after that. Tried Skate 1 and 2 and didn't really care for the camera angle or controls.

Good News: picked up PoP no problem for $15.
Bad news: stupid best buy branding ON THE COVER. Argggh. Hate those things. Use a sticker, bitches!

yup, still working today, PoP for $14.99. You guys have to go with the, "can you please try anyway?" if they want to shoot you down b/c it's on sale. Believe me, the clerks have had 4 days to look at the ad more than a few times, so even if they are oblivious to the asterisk, they may still know..

[quote name='confoosious']Good News: picked up PoP no problem for $15.
Bad news: stupid best buy branding ON THE COVER. Argggh. Hate those things. Use a sticker, bitches![/QUOTE]
Picked up a copy this morning as well. Thankfully, it didn't have any of the gaudy BBY branding on it anywhere.

Just picked up 3 copies of FFXIII at $20 a piece. I had $65 dollars in coupons, so after adding 4 bottles of water i got all three games for under 75 cents. :D

[quote name='CrimiNOLE_lawyer']Just picked up 3 copies of FFXIII at $20 a piece. I had $65 dollars in coupons, so after adding 4 bottles of water i got all three games for under 75 cents. :D[/QUOTE]

yeah but you probably paid $1.25 too much for the water! would've went w/ like a $10 PSN card..or at least some candy..mmmm candy..

[quote name='token2k6']yeah but you probably paid $1.25 too much for the water[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of this: Spell Evian backwards and what do you get? ;)

skate 3 didnt work for me at all, lady said "this coupon can't be used with a sale cause you see skate 3 is on sale for 39.99 thats why the asterisk is there" like holy crap lady i ain't 5

No problems with PoP for $15 this morning. (except for the guy having to go to the back to get a copy) He read the coupon about 20 times, though, before, during, and after scanning the game. It was strange-- especially since he didn't raise a stink about the game being on sale or anything. (I was SUPER late for work but wanted to try this early in case it got shut down again-- I just wanted to say "here, scan these in order, it'll work, let me out of here!") Got the PS3 version, in hindsight maybe should've just gotten the 360 version but I think they're really fairly close.

Thanks everyone for the head's up that it started working!

Tempted by Skate 3 as well but I've never even opened the copy of Skate 2 I got a while back... should probably try it before worrying about 3...

Worked for me although I had to fight to get the cashier to scan it. She ended up calling over a manager who basically said "Just do it, if it takes it great, otherwise no big deal".

[quote name='crazedracerguy']My guess is that BB figured out that people were getting turned away from this coupon and they saw the 500,000 copies of circulation that they're quoting to their advertisers slipping away. It didn't bode well that they would send out coupons in a subscription mag and then tell the subscribers "That coupon doesn't work, since it's on sale". WTF am I going to spend $20 to subscribe for if the coupons are null and void?

I went ahead and picked up PoP for $15. That was my sweet spot for that game.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, this is a good guess. I told the manager that I would not be getting another magazine and posting all over the internet to not buy it for this very reason. He then gave me the override. So its possible that he than contacted corporate and told them my story.

So I got all of cag to be able to use the coupons with no hassle at all. You're welcome.

Nice, if the coupons work now I'll definitely pick up Skate 3.

I might get PoP if there was a demo, but the last one was ehhhh and it supposed to be only like 6 hours long.

[quote name='Estebon']
So I got all of cag to be able to use the coupons with no hassle at all. You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

cool story bro!

None. Any good deals where one can do well, you keep your mouth shut. You go in and get the hell out. I don't kill deals, I make them.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Where aree we getting this coupon? Game seems like an easy 1000.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy's new mag, @Gamer.

[quote name='lolwut?']Nice, if the coupons work now I'll definitely pick up Skate 3.

I might get PoP if there was a demo, but the last one was ehhhh and it supposed to be only like 6 hours long.[/QUOTE]

Man... too many people hate on the last PoP. I thought it was excellent even though it was short. I'm gonna get the new one for the $15 price. Nice to see it works now; I'll buy it tomorrow.

[quote name='confoosious']Good News: picked up PoP no problem for $15.
Bad news: stupid best buy branding ON THE COVER. Argggh. Hate those things. Use a sticker, bitches![/QUOTE]

Maybe worth a bit more down the road? (Prolly not...but still...)

My "K-Mart exclusive" Animal Crossing and "Target exclusive" Mario Golf Toadstool Tour copies fetched a bit more money back when I sold them.

bread's done
Back