BestBuy - Move Mayhem Bundle PS3 for 99.99 (includes Resistance 3, KZ 3...)

[quote name='Serpentor']Does anyone know the two games are labeled "NOT FOR RESELL" or not?[/QUOTE]

Not labeled "NOT FOR RESALE", but they have fake barcodes of 00000000, so they're not the same as the retail copies.

[quote name='FanboyOfNone']Assuming you mean two motion controllers...The Fight: Lights out uses two. One for each "fist."

I've only played it for an hour so I can't quite recommend it yet though. Could be a lot of fun if you're patient.[/QUOTE]

I love The Fight! All the big reviewers shat upon it, but check out YouTube for user reviews; most everyone loves it. I almost skipped it until I watched those. I'm a fitness nut and Martial Artist and I was still sweating playing this game. I played it twice through and loved it both times. Here's hoping for a sequel. The following may sound like the game sucks, but they are minor issues and I think someone buying the game should know them beforehand. Keep in mind the good outweighs the bad in this game.

The online is decent for a while, but it's mostly broken. It's really frustrating when you are winning a fight and then lose it because of connection issues. It goes against your rank even when you are disconnected.

The dirty moves, IMO, are useless so I stick to the standard 1 to 1 moves without holding the trigger buttons. Dirty moves are fun to pull off for a while, but I find them sluggish and sometimes unresponsive. Unless you are going for a full sinner rep, they are unnecessary and you don't need them to beat the game.

The minigames aren't up to par with most exercise oriented games on the market, but they aren't the focus of the game anyway. There are 10 tournaments and 10 fights in each. On top of that, there are stars to achieve for each fight, so you will have a lot to do.

The one gripe I had in the beginning is that your character's stamina meter ran out quickly when I still had a lot of fight in me. Thankfully, you can upgrade your character throughout the game and he will eventually match your abilities better.

Sorry, for the long-windedness, I didn't mean to turn this into a review; I just like the game a lot.

I just got Resistance 3 from Amazon last week for $29.99. I got the Sports Champion Move Bundle at BB last month for $49.99 (price matched Kmart's deal and BB threw in a free navigation controller). Think I'm going to exchange the Sports Champ bundle for the Mayhem bundle (I will give back the free nav controller too even though it's not showing on the receipt). I will then just do a trade in for the Amazon copy of Resistance 3 (BB trade-in is $18.00). BB is offering 40% extra on trades if you buy a game that cost $39.99 or more (Mayhem bundle will qualify for that) + I get 10% extra for the Gamers Club--so that's 50% extra on trade. I will end up getting $27.00 in trade for R3 so I will basicaly get the money back I spent at Amazon.

Bottom-line, after the trade-in, I will be paying $20.00 more than I have already spent on SC Bundle and R3, but will be getting the Sharp Shooter and KZ3. Not too bad.

Wow this is a great deal... I'll probably just cancel my Hellgast edition if I just get this though... Can I return online stuff in store?

F.Y.I.

If you are looking for this in the Metroplex area, there are plenty of supplies all around the local stores, there must have been at least 20 boxes of this bundle at the Mesquite BestBuy, saw them last Sunday when I picked up the Killzone 3 Hellgast edition.

[quote name='avatar94']Do either of those games support using 2 move/gun sets in local co-op?[/QUOTE]

Anyone? I'm really on the fence about this. Had mostly decided against Move because I already own a Wii and actively use it, but this might get me to change my mind.

Thanks BingoBrown, hmmm, it's a special retailer bundle I guess, I ordered one anyway. Figure out what to do with the extra KZ3 game later...

[quote name='abhinav']Wow this is a great deal... I'll probably just cancel my Hellgast edition if I just get this though... Can I return online stuff in store?[/QUOTE]
yes you can return online stuff in store without any problems. At least i never have any problems, unless you already opened it. :whistle2:(

If I didn't already own both of those games, this is the deal that likely would've pushed me into getting Move. Damn, although you can get Killzone 3 for $9.99 at Family Video right now...still an insane, insane deal.

Should I get this guys? I'm not too interested in move but I do have $35 reward zone. And I have heavy rain that I might want to play wih move. Also I don't own any of those games.

[quote name='avatar94']Anyone? I'm really on the fence about this. Had mostly decided against Move because I already own a Wii and actively use it, but this might get me to change my mind.[/QUOTE]
You can't play splitscreen with move in Resistance 3 or Killzone 3. You can play splitscreen with two moves in Resident Evil 5 Gold though.

damn i would hop on this if I didnt own like 4 of the items being sold, I really wanted to try out the sharp shooter since the move on it's own feels just weird with killzone 3. But for folks who are on the fence I would advise you to only try it if you REALLY have an interest in the games that have move support, otherwise it'll just be sitting next to your PS3 collecting dust. Hopefully SONY will make more move compatible games, it definitely adds a different experience to the FPS and hoping to see more games like no more heroes for it. I can't believe people dont make games like no more heroes, the formula is so simple and fun.

Is this deal today only, or should it still be available Friday? I've been waiting on the Move in hopes of a stellar deal, and this seems to be the best it'll be...

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Should I get this guys? I'm not too interested in move but I do have $35 reward zone. And I have heavy rain that I might want to play wih move. Also I don't own any of those games.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Buy.

[quote name='GreyFox787']Is this deal today only, or should it still be available Friday? I've been waiting on the Move in hopes of a stellar deal, and this seems to be the best it'll be...[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping this price holds at least for the rest of the day, so that I can get a price adjustment, as I bought this on BF for $119.99. And in case anyone is wondering, the games do come in seperate cases and look just like the retail copies, with the exception of the UPC reading all "0's" and marked "Not for Resale" on the top of it.

Well i'll be heading up to my store within an hour, i'll post what happens. Hoping the deal works instore too, if not atleast hoping to trade in toward it then order online

[quote name='Abeja']Man that is tempting. I just dont think Ill use it. Im waiting on a Sorcery bundle I guess[/QUOTE]

Is Sorcery still gonna be made? I bought the move for that when I saw the previews but delays and lack of quality move games compared to the number of light gun shooter clones (even good ones) really has dampened my hopes for the move.

Caved in and bought this bundle! I was on the fence with the Doomsday Bundle. But I remember how someone in that thread mentioned that it would be awesome if the Mayhem Bundle was being sold for $99.99. Well that time has finally come! I ordered online for shipping to my house. Although the tracker says that my local BB has it available, I don't remember seeing any on the shelves. I didn't want to take a chance that my order would later get cancelled, and, by the time, I placed an order online, it would be sold out. That's what I love about these BB deals - great prices and free shipping! BB is definitely getting my money this holiday season!

Out of all the goodies in this bundle, I have KZ3 (from Helghast Edition) and the camera (from EOJ - any EOJ fans out there?). I can't wait to try out the move with KZ3 and R3 (although I've read that it's better with KZ3). Even though I don't have any of the "official" Move-compatible games, I forgot that I already have several that have been patched to take advantage of it - LBP2 and Heavy Rain. I'll figure out what to do with my extra KZ3 copy - maybe sell it on CL? I'll keep the extra camera as a backup. Is the camera with the bundle any different from the one I got with EOJ?

[quote name='exaznkid']damn i would hop on this if I didnt own like 4 of the items being sold, I really wanted to try out the sharp shooter since the move on it's own feels just weird with killzone 3. But for folks who are on the fence I would advise you to only try it if you REALLY have an interest in the games that have move support, otherwise it'll just be sitting next to your PS3 collecting dust. Hopefully SONY will make more move compatible games, it definitely adds a different experience to the FPS and hoping to see more games like no more heroes for it. I can't believe people dont make games like no more heroes, the formula is so simple and fun.[/QUOTE]

That's what has always been eating at me and keeping me from buying move...the other games for it look like total garbage and I haven't heard much positive feedback on any of them. Do I really want to buy into this just to tire myself out holding a gun up for hours when there's really nothing at all wrong with the way a controller feels for FPS? No, I don't.

[quote name='nixmahn']Is Sorcery still gonna be made? I bought the move for that when I saw the previews but delays and lack of quality move games compared to the number of light gun shooter clones (even good ones) really has dampened my hopes for the move.[/QUOTE]

This one site says Dec 31, 2011?IDK I thought it was Q1 2012. I just cant drop 100.

The games traded back into BB make the Move $62. Not bad.

[quote name='iamsmart']

There was an update a couple weeks ago saying they would have a playable demo at one of their events... can't remember which.[/QUOTE]

They should have slapped a Harry Potter license on it and cashed in; and use the money to develop a better version for hardcore gamers!

[quote name='scottman']Man, I already got the tiger woods deal, but this might be good enough just for the extra accs and games.

controller $25
nav $15
sharpshooter $20
KZ3 $20
Resistance3 $20
extra cam FREE

That's $100 right there at really discounted prices for each item.

Are there any move games that use 2 controllers at once?[/QUOTE]

I like the way you broke it down. I did the same thing then went and picked one up when I realized how good of a deal this is. I actually just got Resistance 3 from Amazon for $19.99 so can turn around and sell that copy for $30 new and be in even better shape.

Btw my Best Buy had a pallet of at least 20 of these bundles off to the side of the registers so if it's showing up online as in stock for your store and you don't find it in the PS3 section check around.

Great deal. I bought the move stuff (minus the cam) during the 50% off sale. I wish I would have gotten this deal instead.

Fuuuuu..I want this. But I'm betting I'll be able to find it or a similar/better bundle substantially cheaper in the near future on clearance, especially given its size as MasterKyo noted. $75 or maybe even $50 or less.

Must...resist...

[quote name='jer7583']$80 too much[/QUOTE]
I'd probably buy it for $20 lol. I dont even own a game for my PS3 but I'd at least consider it at that price.

Does anyone think this is because Move doesnt sell well? Or is it just to get it out there more? I like the light gun style game and I wish Kinect would do something similar. I had hope after that Cabelas game came with a Kinect gun but nothing has really come of it. I really dont want all of those controllers and wands hanging around, all with the need to be charged. Especially when its for a console I really dont use. Come on MS!

I just picked mine up in store. I am thinking we might have jumped a little too early on this. My store has the bundle displayed in the middle of an isle between the Xbox demo and Wii demo units. There were more than 80. 10 feet away sat almost 30 UC3 bundles. Oh well.
I exchanged the Doomsday bundle for this w/out any problems. I had originally bought the Doomsday bundle to take advantage of the + 60% TIV for purchasing a $39.99+ game. I hope this will not raise any flags because of a return. I did not do a return rebuy. I did an even exchange.

Wonder if the trade in promo toward a new game would count. I am really trying not to buy games right now, but I've got 8 or so to dump at BB and that would certainly soften the blow on finally getting a Move.

[quote name='CXK']I'd probably buy it for $20 lol. I dont even own a game for my PS3 but I'd at least consider it at that price.

Does anyone think this is because Move doesnt sell well? [/QUOTE]

That was my thought, too. I mean, it's a lot of crap to be selling for that price. Great deal for those who want it, but I just wonder where the support will be for it in a year.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Wonder if the trade in promo toward a new game would count. I am really trying not to buy games right now, but I've got 8 or so to dump at BB and that would certainly soften the blow on finally getting a Move.[/QUOTE]

It worked at my store. I had zero issues trading in 5 games and purchasing the bundle for my $39.99+ requirement. I used the gc I received for my trade ins to purchase the bundle. I did this about a week or so ago. I purchased the Doomsday bundle that day. Today I exchanged that bundle for the Mayhem bundle.

I can see $100 becoming the new MSRP for this, and $50 for the non-sharpshooter move bundles. $80 for goldeneye and doomsday. $50 for just the motion controller by itself is outrageous.

Glad that the extended return policy is in effect at bestbuy in case it goes lower by then.

picked one up. happy with the price. Picked up the $60 Tiger Woods bundle last week, and got the sharpshooter and Resistance3 for $44 on Amazon Sunday. Could care less about Tiger Woods and have been trying to get killzone3 on the cheap so this was a much better deal for me, just need to return all these other orders or gift them.

[quote name='CXK']Does anyone think this is because Move doesnt sell well? Or is it just to get it out there more?[/QUOTE]

Ummm, yeah, I don't know where to start. Do you follow video game prices? Or prices on electronics in general? They always go down, always.

The Kinect has recently seen lots of sales, and it was the quickest selling consumer electronic of all time. The Wii has gone through numerous price cuts and sales, but it sold like hotcakes. This is how it works, as the early adopter market gets saturated, the manufacturers lower the price to get more people to bite.

Went during lunch with a friend, tried to have them ring up 3 in hopes of the B2G1 working. The 3rd did not ring up free. The worker asked a manager and came back with "it is an accessory bundle, and does not qualify". So I bought one, my friend bought one, and considering asking corporate if it should have worked.

[quote name='nakanenui']Went during lunch with a friend, tried to have them ring up 3 in hopes of the B2G1 working. The 3rd did not ring up free. The worker asked a manager and came back with "it is an accessory bundle, and does not qualify". So I bought one, my friend bought one, and considering asking corporate if it should have worked.[/QUOTE]

It's a bundle, not a game. The offer is buy 2 GAMES get 1 free. Mayhem bundle won't work.....Just like buying 3 Uncharted 3 PS3 bundles won't work for b2g1f. Don't be an @ss and push it.....it's already a great deal.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Ummm, yeah, I don't know where to start. Do you follow video game prices? Or prices on electronics in general? They always go down, always.

The Kinect has recently seen lots of sales, and it was the quickest selling consumer electronic of all time. The Wii has gone through numerous price cuts and sales, but it sold like hotcakes. This is how it works, as the early adopter market gets saturated, the manufacturers lower the price to get more people to bite.[/QUOTE]

I still wonder what the move sales numbers are...

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I still wonder what the move sales numbers are...[/QUOTE]

Obviously not as good as Kinect, probably not even close. But for a vast majority of CAGs, I bet the Move is preferred. Sony has at least done a good job of pushing Move compatibility on their first party games, and even some third party games as well (Goldeneye Reloaded, for example).

I own both the Kinect and the Move. Each has its advantages. As far as pure tech, I think Kinect wins hands down. It's just a marvel to see in action (especially after the concern pre-release that it had significant lag). That being said, I'll probably end up using Move more just because there are a lot of great games that use it (Resistance 3, Killzone 3, inFamous 2, LBP2, Heavy Rain, etc.).

[quote name='BingoBrown']Obviously not as good as Kinect, probably not even close. But for a vast majority of CAGs, I bet the Move is preferred. Sony has at least done a good job of pushing Move compatibility on their first party games, and even some third party games as well (Goldeneye Reloaded, for example).

I own both the Kinect and the Move. Each has its advantages. As far as pure tech, I think Kinect wins hands down. It's just a marvel to see in action (especially after the concern pre-release that it had significant lag). That being said, I'll probably end up using Move more just because there are a lot of great games that use it (Resistance 3, Killzone 3, inFamous 2, LBP2, Heavy Rain, etc.).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see that...don't forget SOCOM 4, which is actually a really fun game.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']That was my thought, too. I mean, it's a lot of crap to be selling for that price. Great deal for those who want it, but I just wonder where the support will be for it in a year.[/QUOTE]

At least Sony has supported it more than the Guncon. Move actually made the Guncon obsolete.

bread's done
Back