BestBuy - Move Mayhem Bundle PS3 for 99.99 (includes Resistance 3, KZ 3...)

[quote name='ijustw1n']CAG to CAG I'd suggest staying away from the move as an investment at any price.[/QUOTE]

If its the right price I would say get one. Mainly for shooters. DS and Heavy Rain made me believers of move.

[quote name='Zin_LG']You can't play splitscreen period when using move with these games.[/QUOTE]

I should have been more specific. I was referring to RE 5 GE.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Interesting. I'd like to see current, accurate numbers, though. I'd bet Kinect still has a good lead, but it's apparently not as large as I would have assumed.[/QUOTE]

If these numbers are world wide then remember that in other countries XBOX is thought more as the 3rd best system and in some countries is laughed at . while in the US it is number 1.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If these numbers are world wide then remember that in other countries XBOX is thought more as the 3rd best system and in some countries is laughed at . while in the US it is number 1.[/QUOTE]

It's not even that it's the fact that they are counting every move controller more than likely. Meaning anyone who has bought additionals is an extra unit. I'd venture to guess the real number of move enabled systems is about 1/3 of that.

[quote name='pROvIs']It's not even that it's the fact that they are counting every move controller more than likely. Meaning anyone who has bought additionals is an extra unit. I'd venture to guess the real number of move enabled systems is about 1/3 of that.[/QUOTE]

That also. lol

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If these numbers are world wide then remember that in other countries XBOX is thought more as the 3rd best system and in some countries is laughed at . while in the US it is number 1.[/QUOTE]

True, the 360 does not have much market share in Japan and other places. But the worldwide sales numbers are in the 360's favor, even if by only a small margin, so you'd think that the sales of motion controllers should be on a somewhat level playing field.

[quote name='pROvIs']It's not even that it's the fact that they are counting every move controller more than likely. Meaning anyone who has bought additionals is an extra unit. I'd venture to guess the real number of move enabled systems is about 1/3 of that.[/QUOTE]Very few people buy 3 move wands. A fair number have bought 2. I'd say a lot of people only bought 1. Even if you assume the average consumer has bought an average of say, 1.5 (which I think still overestimates the per consumer penetration of the device), 9 million sold is still 6 million owned individually.

Your estimate of 1/3 of the number is absurd. It assumes that the average move consumer has purchased 3 wands -- I've never seen a single person on any message board anywhere who has bought more than 2 and a lot of people only have 1.

It is not controversial to say that Kinect is in more households than Move, but that's about all you can say.

Kinect is walled off from the rest of Microsoft's products pretty much whereas Move is integrated into the mainstream gaming experience that PS3 provides in many big releases. Almost every Sony first party game released his year has featured some degree of Move functionality, they've managed to blend the appeal of the two.

Microsoft and Sony are using very different strategies and it's hard to tell clearly which is working and which is failing, especially in such a short amount of time.

[quote name='Das_Regal']Very few people buy 3 move wands. A fair number have bought 2. I'd say a lot of people only bought 1. Even if you assume the average consumer has bought an average of say, 1.5 (which I think still overestimates the per consumer penetration of the device), 9 million sold is still 6 million owned individually.

Your estimate of 1/3 of the number is absurd. It assumes that the average move consumer has purchased 3 wands -- I've never seen a single person on any message board anywhere who has bought more than 2 and a lot of people only have 1.[/QUOTE]

Not to feed the troll but...
I have 4. I know three other families with 4. 1 family with 3 and 2 with 2. Yes, there are probably a lot more out there with only one but I don't think it is absurd. The closer number is probably 1/2 but again it wouldn't surprise me if it was closer to 1/3 with used sales etc. Also the report doesn't say if that's the amount shipped to retailers or sold to consumers. My guess is shipped to retailers which is why we are seeing such heavy discounts as they unload them.

I would jump all over this if I had the money. What a deal.

And even if I did have the money, I'd have to find takers for the KZ3 and R3 since I own both of them already.

[quote name='pROvIs']Not to feed the troll but...
I have 4. I know three other families with 4. 1 family with 3 and 2 with 2. Yes, there are probably a lot more out there with only one but I don't think it is absurd. The closer number is probably 1/2 but again it wouldn't surprise me if it was closer to 1/3 with used sales etc. Also the report doesn't say if that's the amount shipped to retailers or sold to consumers. My guess is shipped to retailers which is why we are seeing such heavy discounts as they unload them.[/QUOTE]

Anecdotal evidence doesn't really mean much. If you were to poll CAGs, I'd guess our average game collection for any one current gen platform is probably in the dozens. Yet the attachment rate on software for modern consoles is in the single digits. We're the outliers, not the norm.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Anecdotal evidence doesn't really mean much. If you were to poll CAGs, I'd guess our average game collection for any one current gen platform is probably in the dozens. Yet the attachment rate on software for modern consoles is in the single digits. We're the outliers, not the norm.[/QUOTE]

I agree. My point is akin to the one you just made. A single persons experience does not equal everyone else's. The hardcore gamer probably leans toward a single unit but a family has many more. I would argue that moves appeal is primarily to families and it's a more significant amount of the units than expected.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I am thinking we might have jumped a little too early on this.[/QUOTE]

I always kick myself when I see something I just bought a month or two ago now significantly cheaper. All I can say in my own defense is that at least I didn't pay that same money for the Sports Champions bundle alone like the guy down the street did.

Not bad at all, after some flipping, i barely had to pay 60$ out of pocket (Also got Earth Defense Force and a 20$ PSN Card).

Always wanted a PS Move, and i thought now would be the best time to get it (Seeing as i have the money, and nothing else to buy)

On a side note, i didnt see it posted, but it DOESNT work with the B2G1 deal. Employee tried and it wouldnt work

[quote name='pROvIs']My guess is it's controllers and bundles which is way over inflated.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']It's not even that it's the fact that they are counting every move controller more than likely.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']The closer number is probably 1/2 but again it wouldn't surprise me if it was closer to 1/3 with used sales etc.[/QUOTE]

See what I did there? You said you guess, more than likely and probably. Unless you post some actual facts everything you have said is just what you think might be the case. Whether it be true sales numbers or the fact that PS Move accessories are counted towards the total number and not just the Move bundles itself.

In the end what does it really matter though? I honestly don't care what someone with Kinect is doing and I'm not one to get in a PS3 vs Xbox war, I only care that more PS3 games that are released are made Move compatible now that I own it. The one thing I would be interested in seeing is the Move sales numbers after this holiday season.

[quote name='Lucky13']See what I did there? You said you guess, more than likely and probably. Unless you post some actual facts everything you have said is just what you think might be the case. Whether it be true sales numbers or the fact that PS Move accessories are counted towards the total number and not just the Move bundles itself.

In the end what does it really matter though? I honestly don't care what someone with Kinect is doing and I'm not one to get in a PS3 vs Xbox war, I only care that more PS3 games that are released are made Move compatible now that I own it. The one thing I would be interested in seeing is the Move sales numbers after this holiday season.[/QUOTE]

That is the point. It is "argumentum e silentio." It is not in songs advantage to give concrete numbers. They will intentionally let people believe what they want. You are right there is no way I or anyone can prove those claims besides Sony but if it was just bundles don't you think they would say so to look better?

This was a problem even a year ago when the move launched any Sony and ms were in a numbers launch to look successful.

http://i.joystiq.com/2010/11/30/sony-playstation-move-reaches-4-1-million-in-worldwide-sales/

It really doesn't matter. I like my move and I agree I want to see more games but I also try and read between the lines. This is off topic and border line turning into a fanboy like fight. I'm bowing out of this before it escalates further though. Have fun.

Hmm, got R3 the other day for $20, KZ3 Helghast for $25 last week. Got a glitched Gamestop deal for a Move control for $12.50 and a nav for $7.50, and then I think I got the Sharpshooter at some point for $15. Then if you consider I probably paid $30 for the camera years ago, looks like this deal is about right.

I ordered this deal. I've been avoiding the Move but I want to try the sharpshooter with Resistance 3 and Killzone 3. Guess i'll return my Hellgast Kz3 to help cut the cost.

I'm thinking about getting this bundle but I already have KZ3, 1 wand, 1 nav, 1 Sharp Shooter, and a camera.

Are there any games that need or would benefit 2 players each with a nav? Also are there any games that let 2 players use 2 Sharpshooters at the same time?

Since I had yet to get into Move, I took advantage of this deal. Traded in about a dozen games, including Resistance 3 (which I made money on), and after the 40% boost I got this and a $44 gift card.

Has anyone else had BB take forever to get things shipped to them?

My thanksgiving order of Uc3 and B AC from them still hasn't shipped and neither has my tiger woods move bundle from last week. But my steroid other m order from thanksgiving did.

[quote name='waldo21212']Has anyone else had BB take forever to get things shipped to them?

My thanksgiving order of Uc3 and B AC from them still hasn't shipped and neither has my tiger woods move bundle from last week. But my steroid other m order from thanksgiving did.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the problem is Best Buy. My copy of FIFA '12 has been sitting at my local post office since Friday. You should have got an email with a tracking number; check your email (including your junk box) to see if it has shipped and where the package is. The rest of the stuff I ordered came in on time but I can't figure out why the USPS is holding this one for 3 full days now.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I don't think the problem is Best Buy. My copy of FIFA '12 has been sitting at my local post office since Friday. You should have got an email with a tracking number; check your email (including your junk box) to see if it has shipped and where the package is. The rest of the stuff I ordered came in on time but I can't figure out why the USPS is holding this one for 3 full days now.[/QUOTE]

Wish that was the case but the BB website still shows the orders as in process.

[quote name='waldo21212']Has anyone else had BB take forever to get things shipped to them?

My thanksgiving order of Uc3 and B AC from them still hasn't shipped and neither has my tiger woods move bundle from last week. But my steroid other m order from thanksgiving did.[/QUOTE]

I have as well. I placed 2 orders thanksgiving morning - one order consisting of AC:R, COD:BO and Dead Island. The other was the PS Move Mayhem Edition bundle. The bundle shipped the following Monday. The order for the 3 games FINALLY shipped today. When I called last weekend to see what was up, BB told me the reason was that games were backordered. :/

Can anyone who's played these games with Move comment on whether Move is really worth it? I bought this bundle but haven't opened it yet...am on the fence thinking about returning it. Would like to hear from someone who has experience.

Also, was the Resistance 3 zoom issue patched and fixed?

Kept looking at this but really couldn't justify it. The games are both cool, but the only other Move game that I even THOUGHT about buying would be The Fight. Otherwise, yeah the whole move thing would just be sitting in the corner next to all my Guitar Hero crap... that I never use.

But for anybody that's interested, I just saw a PALLET of these at a local store. Lemme know if you wanna know where.

[quote name='Enuf']Looks like all the Move bundles are $100
Resistance 3 & goldeneye[/QUOTE]

Right you are but the mayhem pack is still definitely the best. Can't wait to pick it up from my local Best Buy this Thursday

I have Killzone 3 and Liked Resistance 3 a lot but just can't see spending the loot on this yet. I kick ass on Killzone with the six axis so I dunno if it'd be worth it to go to the move

Now thats a pretty awesome deal imo.

I have all the move stuff and camera already, (bought on launch) but for anyone who doesnt yet, this package seems great.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I'm thinking about getting this bundle but I already have KZ3, 1 wand, 1 nav, 1 Sharp Shooter, and a camera.

Are there any games that need or would benefit 2 players each with a nav? Also are there any games that let 2 players use 2 Sharpshooters at the same time?[/QUOTE]
The only game I know of that two nav controllers would be nice is RE5 Gold Edition. Doesn't really work very naturally with the the gun accessories, though, since you can't make the trigger button the fire button.

Other than that, there's several light-gun type games in which two players can play, but for those, the pistol works just as well as the sharpshooter, since you don't use the nav controller.

Why RE5 can do split-screen move-enabled, but Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 can't, I have no idea.

[quote name='vherub']what are the great move games to get?[/QUOTE]

I was going to be a wise ass and say the ones in this bundle but it's true. Also Socom 4, Infamous 2, GoldenEye Reloaded and Tiger Woods 12. For upcoming titles Sorcery and Bioshock: Infinite are what have people talking.

[quote name='abhinav']Right you are but the mayhem pack is still definitely the best. Can't wait to pick it up from my local Best Buy this Thursday[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure it is now that I think about it...seems like you can find K3 and R3 for around the same price or cheaper than GoldenEye right now.

My local Best Buy was loaded with these, here's a pic (behind spoiler):

6fr3m9.jpg

$99 seems lke a fantastic price for the whole bundle, I just can't decide if the whole Move setup is worth it to me (and I do already own both the games in the bundle). I was looking at House of the Dead: Overkill, anyone played that with the Move and have opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpmeister']My local Best Buy was loaded with these, here's a pic:

6fr3m9.jpg

$99 seems lke a fantastic price for the whole bundle, I just can't decide if the whole Move setup is worth it to me (and I do already own both the games in the bundle). I was looking at House of the Dead: Overkill, anyone played that with the Move and have opinions?[/QUOTE]
Looks like my store too except we put them in about 5 different places in an attempt to sell them. We've sold 1 since we got them in.

House of the Dead Overkill is amazing. I love playing it local co-op and there's tons of replay value since there are so many unlockables.

[quote name='chimpmeister']My local Best Buy was loaded with these, here's a pic:

6fr3m9.jpg

$99 seems lke a fantastic price for the whole bundle, I just can't decide if the whole Move setup is worth it to me (and I do already own both the games in the bundle). I was looking at House of the Dead: Overkill, anyone played that with the Move and have opinions?[/QUOTE]

There were at least 80 at my store. A few feet away were all of the UC3 bundles. Around 30 of those. There are still about 5 AC Brotherhood CE bundles sitting on the side as well. I don't know how much the AC bundles are though. The price is no longer listed online.

I have not opened the Mayehm bundle I picked up. It may drop in price by January 24. We shall see. Does anyone know if the games included come with any DLC?

I have a question guys, I been wanting to try move, the move controllers and navs they bundle are price 100 alone outside the bundle. THe games look good, R3 especially, but is move any fun?

[quote name='Donutkid2222']I have a question guys, I been wanting to try move, the move controllers and navs they bundle are price 100 alone outside the bundle. THe games look good, R3 especially, but is move any fun?[/QUOTE]

Move is all right but can be a little disoriented experience sine you move your sights and aim with the move at the same time. I know the Wii has this also but it can be a little pain. I think it is cool for awhile but I prefer DS3.

Im still undecided about keeping this. I understand its different from ds3 but is it fun to use? Nobody seems to want to directly answer that lol.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I have not opened the Mayehm bundle I picked up. It may drop in price by January 24. We shall see. Does anyone know if the games included come with any DLC?[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason it will drop price specifically by Jan.24?

bread's done
Back