BestBuy - Move Mayhem Bundle PS3 for 99.99 (includes Resistance 3, KZ 3...)

Thanks OP. Didn't have any of the items in the bundle so I got one at the Best Buy in McAllen, Tx. Plenty still left.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Im still undecided about keeping this. I understand its different from ds3 but is it fun to use? Nobody seems to want to directly answer that lol.[/QUOTE]

Subjective. Some people say fun, some don't. Are you going to base your decision on just one or two commenters on here?

[quote name='Garza007']Is there a reason it will drop price specifically by Jan.24?[/QUOTE]

That is just Bestbuy's extended holiday return deadline.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Im still undecided about keeping this. I understand its different from ds3 but is it fun to use? Nobody seems to want to directly answer that lol.[/QUOTE]
I'll answer it directly for you

I bought move back when the Sports bundle was $50. Then bought a sharpshooter and the navigation for another $25

Using the sharpshooter is difficult at first but once you get the hand of it and get the setting right (this is important, look online for some settings) it IS fun atleast with Killzone 3

Reminds me of playing that arcade machine that had the PSG1 sniper rifle on it.

That being said if you get move whether its this bundle or not get
House of the Dead Overkill
Killzone 3 (if you don't already)
Time Crisis Razing Storm

IDK what the price is on the Goldeneye bundle is but since both KZ3 & Resistance 3 can be found for $20 it might be a better deal since Goldeneye is cheapest at $40

Here's my opinion on the Move with sharpshooter gun, fwiw, since it seems a lot of people want opinions on this set up.

I have a decent background in FPS games, was very good at COD games with a controller. Using the sharpshooter for these games definitely takes some time to get used to. It's almost as if your brain forgets that you are aiming with the gun in your hand. For me, especially, it was a little tough because I move and shoot at the same time in FPS, so aiming the gun while moving the joystick can be a little weird. But I've never had problems calibrating the gun and I've never had problems losing calibration. I've played for several hours straight on multiple occassions and never had to stop to recalibrate. I don't know if people aren't doing it right/aren't playing with enough space, but I personally have never had any problems like that.

The accuracy of the gun is ridiculous. After a certain while of getting used to the gun, I thought to myself "I'm going to try for headshots." You aim across the map and go for headshots, you get the headshots. I remember someone saying the gun is not accurate, especially across the map, and I just haven't experienced this. Using the gun is insanely fun. There can be a large period of time where you have to get used to it, but if you enjoy using a real gun at those arcade shooter games (and who doesn't?) then I think eventually you will like this.

I have been on the fence on this one for days. It's a great deal but seeing and hearing reports of 50+ units sitting in EVERY Best Buy barely selling makes me leery. If this is how the stores look, what about the warehouses?

I think I will wait until next month and keep an eye here for the drop. Even if the online site sells out, I'll have a lot of stores to choose from for instore pickup.

I also saw a large pallet of games at my best buy and now I am wondering if I should just buy one and leave it unopened. I would think the price would drop again due to such a high volume sitting around and I therefore I could price match the lower price. If the price doesnt drop I return it. Win win. I dont want to pay $100, but I think I would be willing to pay $75 or less for two solid/great games and the move items.

This is really such a good deal if you're interested in a Move setup at all; but it's funny that after the BF deluge of deals, and the high stock that all BB's seem to have of this, a lot of us are still waiting for cheaper! If they're not moving the tons of these they seem to have around for $100 ($20 cheaper than the BF price, even), then there's no where to go but down!

[quote name='sgaldis']This is really such a good deal if you're interested in a Move setup at all; but it's funny that after the BF deluge of deals, and the high stock that all BB's seem to have of this, a lot of us are still waiting for cheaper! If they're not moving the tons of these they seem to have around for $100 ($20 cheaper than the BF price, even), then there's no where to go but down![/QUOTE]
My thinking exactly. I figure I might as well buy it now though so that I dont miss out if it al of a sudden tanks and I am not ready to pounce.

I own a Wii & a PS3, don't have either KZ3 nor Resistance 3; is it justifiable for me to buy it? what happened w/ Skype on the PS3 just vaporware right? TIA fellow CAGers. I have like 14 games deep of backlog on the PS3 side...

[quote name='zillionandnine']I just got my first PS3 on Black Friday, and I'm not quite sold on Move just yet. However this does seem like a good deal. Can anyone tell me why Move is worth it? I mean, I already have a Wii if I want motion gaming with a wand device... I'm terribly ignorant about Move, though. Been trying to read up on it. But anyway, opinions anyone?[/QUOTE]

It's better than the Wii but I still found it to be pretty dull only used mine for a few hours tops before getting rid of it.

Personally, the bit of spare time i had to play it i enjoyed it. Already had quite a few Move compatable games before i got it (Rune Factory, Infamous FoB, Dead Space Extraction, and got Top Spin 4 on clearance).

Also probably gonna finally get around to buying LBP2 and Resident Evil 5 Gold soon.

Might not be worth it if you have to go out and create a whole new gaming catalog for it though, especially since theres not many retail games coming out for it.

[quote name='scottman']That is just Bestbuy's extended holiday return deadline.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification!

I bought the bundle on BF, gift wrapped, and put it under the Christmas tree. When I saw that it dropped price, I went to go return it and bought it again! Now that I know the return deadline is Jan. 24, I might keep it wrapped the whole time!!!

[quote name='Garza007']Is there a reason it will drop price specifically by Jan.24?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy extended (lol) returns are through 1/24/12. We will have until that date to do a PM or refund. I can no longer return though. I bought the TW bundle & KZ3 CE as well. I sold a copy of KZ3, TW Masters and an Eye Camera this morning for $80.

I dropped $198.32 on the 3 bundles.
I received $80 back from CL.
I specifically purchased $67.85 worth of games to trade in. I received a trade in GC for an even $120. I used this to purchase the Doomsday bundle. The rest was applied to the TW bundle. I returned the Doomsday bundle for the Mayhem bundle.

In the end I have:
KZ3 CE
R3
2 Motion controllers
2 Nav controllers
Sharpshooter
Eye camera

It all cost me $66.17. I can live with that if the price drops. I think I can get a PM with only the receipt though. I'm not sure about that.

some stores still have the orginal price on their lsiting but if you show online price they match it

traded in my rs3 and got 40% extra with buying this game so only paid 75 since i got 25 trade in credit and got the game back but new lol

[quote name='KOPITARRULEZ_11']can you flip killzone 3 in the mayham bundle or does it have a not for resale on the case[/QUOTE]

It has a bunch of 00000000s for the SKU & is labeled Not For Resale. I just flipped a copy of Blacks Op that was labeled not for resale. BB takes disc only trades too. I picked up Black Ops (NFR), Gunstringer (Disc Only) & Dragon Age II (Disc Only) off of CL and had no problems trading them in. I always leave with my cases and manuals anyway.

OK, after charging everything, I spent about an hour just now playing and testing calibrations and settings for Killzone 3. I think I'm almost there...I'm just not sure what to change....overall, though, it's pretty fun. And I'm playing it in 3D...the immersion is incredible. I've gotten bored or tired playing many games before, even great ones, but there's just no way that could happen with this setup and control scheme.

I'm definitely happy with the product, and glad I finally got into Move this way, especially since it didn't cost me anything after trading in games to get this bundle.

For those who have played Killzone 3 with the sharpshooter, what are your settings...and what exactly does Dead Zone mean?

Thanks!

Just broke and picked up a copy. I didn't own Kz3 (I actually returned the Hellgast Edition...) and R3 so it was doubly nice for me. I've always been tempted by the sharpshooter and I've held off on playing Heavy Rain because I wanted the move experience. Here's hoping I enjoy it!

[quote name='abhinav']Just broke and picked up a copy. I didn't own Kz3 (I actually returned the Hellgast Edition...) and R3 so it was doubly nice for me. I've always been tempted by the sharpshooter and I've held off on playing Heavy Rain because I wanted the move experience. Here's hoping I enjoy it![/QUOTE]

I think you will. It's extremely precise, you just need to calibrate the hell out of it and keep tweaking the settings for K3, but once you get it, the controls come pretty naturally...at least they did for me.

I broke down and bought it today also! Just charged the controllers have not played the games yet since I'm doing Arkham City right now! I think I will enjoy it even though I own a Wii, the sharpshooter looks well made and the buttons are hardwire into the thing which is appreciated. Didn't own K3 nor R3, have sealed HEavy Rain Directors Cut and LBP2 SE to play around with the move! Damn backlog. So I basically upgraded this BF and finalized today to a 120GB slim w/ move, nav controller, sharpshooter, 4 games (LBP2 SE, K3, R3 & R&CA4O) for $300; not bad at all!

Also, my store had a sign for it for $99 and said in the really small letters that the promo would end on 1/31/2012.

I went ahead and got one too. I really like FPS games with the wii remote and R3 and KZ3 are pretty similar feeling.

Goldeneye Reloaded Demo was fucking terrible. I played through that whole game on wii and the controls with move were so touchy I couldn't even stand it.

I think the sharpshooter is pretty worthless. I like playing with just the wand and nunchuk thing a lot better. Much more comfortable.

I might track down House of the Dead Overkill, Time Crisis, NMH, and LBP2 but most of the move games look pretty crappy and there aren't very many of them.

Oh yeah, and Kung Fu Rider is actually pretty cool for a short, little time waster. It's $7.50 at best buy on clearance. I'd say it's worth that. Feels like a download game.

Wow. That's a great deal for a bunch of stuff I'm mildly interested in and don't already have. Think I'll go ahead and order and pick it up tomorrow.

[quote name='jer7583']I went ahead and got one too. I really like FPS games with the wii remote and R3 and KZ3 are pretty similar feeling.

Goldeneye Reloaded Demo was fucking terrible. I played through that whole game on wii and the controls with move were so touchy I couldn't even stand it.

I think the sharpshooter is pretty worthless. I like playing with just the wand and nunchuk thing a lot better. Much more comfortable.

I might track down House of the Dead Overkill, Time Crisis, NMH, and LBP2 but most of the move games look pretty crappy and there aren't very many of them.

Oh yeah, and Kung Fu Rider is actually pretty cool for a short, little time waster. It's $7.50 at best buy on clearance. I'd say it's worth that. Feels like a download game.[/QUOTE]

Lol u had to mention kung fu rider...thats been staring me in the face at best buy for that price all week.

i'm not going to say it's a great game but it's quirky and fun. I think people would have been all over it for $7 as a download game. It's pretty short and shallow, but the motion controls work pretty good. About as good as any wii game about waggling for what would have just been button presses on another system.

[quote name='jer7583']Oh yeah, and Kung Fu Rider is actually pretty cool for a short, little time waster. It's $7.50 at best buy on clearance. I'd say it's worth that. Feels like a download game.[/QUOTE]

Saw Raquet Sports at Target today for $5.98 also.

Top Spin 4 is also on clearance for 9$, i grabbed a copy myself. (Two actually XD, one i flipped toward the Move bundle)

Racquet Sports seemed kind of meh on the other hand, considering the normal price was 19.99 anyway.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Top Spin 4 is also on clearance for 9$, i grabbed a copy myself. (Two actually XD, one i flipped toward the Move bundle)

Racquet Sports seemed kind of meh on the other hand, considering the normal price was 19.99 anyway.[/QUOTE]

is the top spin4 clearance at best buy?

I saw racquet sports at target and left it there. Reviews are awful. Also user reviews say top spin 4 wasnt developed for move and the controls are poor. Both seem like a waste at any price. Kinda waiting for virtua tennis 4 to come down in price some more.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I saw racquet sports at target and left it there. Reviews are awful. Also user reviews say top spin 4 wasnt developed for move and the controls are poor. Both seem like a waste at any price. Kinda waiting for virtua tennis 4 to come down in price some more.[/QUOTE]

for tennis games I will wait until GST2 is released since GST for the Wii was the best tennis game for me and this next one is for PS3 and 360: http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Slam-Tennis-2-Playstation-3/dp/B005GSRDHO/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1323526276&sr=1-1

I don't know why but I can't seem to say yes to the Move. Maybe it's that i've been there done that with the Wii controller or maybe it's that game show buzzer looking controller that lights up. :lol:

I did go with the Kinect Bundle for $99 and that also was a hard sell for me but I think that has a better future than the Move.

[quote name='Rodster']I don't know why but I can't seem to say yes to the Move. Maybe it's that i've been there done that with the Wii controller or maybe it's that game show buzzer looking controller that lights up. :lol:

I did go with the Kinect Bundle for $99 and that also was a hard sell for me but I think that has a better future than the Move.[/QUOTE]

I honestly was the same way...own a Kinect and a Wii and just stayed out of Move completely...but I have to say it's a genuinely nice product. I've been waiting the Wii's entire lifecycle JUST to get something that works as well as the Home Run Derby of MLB 11 does with the Move.

Plus, you can't go wrong with this bundle since even at sale prices the games alone cover half the cost.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Don't know if anyone has asked this yet, but do the games have the barcodes on the back or are they labeled "Not For Resale"?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you don't know because you haven't bothered to look. It has been asked and answered like four times in the thread.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']On a semi-related note, has anyone used move with Tiger Woods? Is it worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I've been using it on The Masters version of Tiger and I love it. The putting can be a whore though, mostly if your TV is on a mantle or high up on your wall. Cuz you have to twist your head to look up and see the putting gauge on the TV if you want to be in a putting stance while doing it.

[quote name='wtsutton']I've been using it on The Masters version of Tiger and I love it. The putting can be a whore though, mostly if your TV is on a mantle or high up on your wall. Cuz you have to twist your head to look up and see the putting gauge on the TV if you want to be in a putting stance while doing it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...my TV is just on a stand so it should be OK in that regard. What would you say it's worth..$20....$30?

[quote name='wtsutton']I'm guessing you don't know because you haven't bothered to look. It has been asked and answered like four times in the thread.[/QUOTE]

I find it easier to ask than to read every post in every page in a thread, just as you feel it's easier to be a jerk than it is to give a simple answer. Clearly it was my mistake to rely on the patients and kindness of fellow Caggers.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I find it easier to ask than to read every post in every page in a thread, just as you feel it's easier to be a jerk than it is to give a simple answer. Clearly it was my mistake to rely on the patients and kindness of fellow Caggers.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read here in this thread, they do not have the same barcodes..it's all 0's or something.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']From what I've read here in this thread, they do not have the same barcodes..it's all 0's or something.[/QUOTE]

Yes, All 00000000000s and labeled not for resale.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando'] Clearly it was my mistake to rely on the patients and kindness of fellow Caggers.[/QUOTE]

Are you implying CAGs are mental? :lol:

I sold 1 wand + ps eye on CL today for 35, which i used torwards buying this bundle. Have to admit, it is pretty snazzy. I dont like the Sharpshooter tho so put it up on CL.

Picked this up today. Can't wait to play with it, but my controllers have to charge. Definitely getting a charging station of some kind, though, because I hate how the PS3 doesn't have enough usb slots for everything.

Just had a thought... would charging it via a USB port on my desktop work? hahaha. Worth a try I guess...

bread's done
Back