Bestbuy stores selling Street Fighter 4 fightpads (X360 Only - PS3 Available Online)

vash12881

CAG Veteran
I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).

Got done playing some SF:HD Remix with the fightpad and I quite like it. At first I didn't but then after a few minutes it breaks in and you start using the tip of your thumb more and it works well.

[quote name='M_A_C']Got done playing some SF:HD Remix with the fightpad and I quite like it. At first I didn't but then after a few minutes it breaks in and you start using the tip of your thumb more and it works well.[/quote]

Would you prefer this to a Dual Shock/Dual Shock 3?

[quote name='zuldane']Would you prefer this to a Dual Shock/Dual Shock 3?[/quote]

I do. I test drove the pad at CES last month and was very impressed with it.

It's got six buttons on the face. Isn't that an upgrade even if the dpad is the same? Personally, I hate using the bumpers for any sort of attacks in a fighting game. It just makes it feel disjointed. I either make it the MP/MK or HP/HK and it never feels right.

I like the Fightpad more than a Dual Shock.

Today I played Contra, Joust, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting, and Castlevania:SOTN with the pad and had pretty good experiences with all of them. The only problem (and this isn't the pad's fault) is that you can't reassign the buttons in SOTN. If I could I would've set it up just like the Saturn version and been set. Spells are much easier to cast with the pad.

[quote name='depascal22']It's got six buttons on the face. Isn't that an upgrade even if the dpad is the same? Personally, I hate using the bumpers for any sort of attacks in a fighting game. It just makes it feel disjointed. I either make it the MP/MK or HP/HK and it never feels right.[/quote]

Yeah, the 6 buttons give it the nod when it comes to SF. The D-pads designs are completely different so that is hard to compare.

just got my Blanka one at best buy... they had one of each at Best buy... thats all they had.

i went to the best buy across town, asked them if they had them... guy replied "they aren't out for another 2 weeks"

made me laugh cuz i already had one in my truck

[quote name='Halo05']I like the Fightpad more than a Dual Shock.

Today I played Contra, Joust, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting, and Castlevania:SOTN with the pad and had pretty good experiences with all of them. The only problem (and this isn't the pad's fault) is that you can't reassign the buttons in SOTN. If I could I would've set it up just like the Saturn version and been set. Spells are much easier to cast with the pad.[/quote]

You (or anyone) get a chance to test out the turbo feature of the pad? I'm particularly interested in this for games like SOTN and other arcade games.

[quote name='gunstar808']You (or anyone) get a chance to test out the turbo feature of the pad? I'm particularly interested in this for games like SOTN and other arcade games.[/QUOTE]

The turbo works as well as I'd expect. I used it on Contra just to mow down fools. You hold the turbo button and then press the button you want to become "turboed". I think you can have any of the face buttons set as turbo but I never tried anything other than the "A". You kinda repeat the process to turn turbo back off. If you turn off the system, the controller drops all its turbo info so you have to set it each time. Potentially a pain if you wanted something like every button set to turbo speed.

[quote name='Halo05']The turbo works as well as I'd expect. I used it on Contra just to mow down fools. You hold the turbo button and then press the button you want to become "turboed". I think you can have any of the face buttons set as turbo but I never tried anything other than the "A". You kinda repeat the process to turn turbo back off. If you turn off the system, the controller drops all its turbo info so you have to set it each time. Potentially a pain if you wanted something like every button set to turbo speed.[/quote]

Thanks for the quick response. Sounds pretty good. On PSX I used a turbo controller to power level familiers in SOTN overnight, so the feature is a big bonus to me.

Plus it would seem MOST of the Arcade retro titles (not dual analog) would function better with an improved D-Pad. Mega Man 9, Bionic Commando etc.

Scored two (Chun, Ryu) at the Milpitas, BB about an hour ago. Someone had already purchased Ken when I got there. For those that are near by the Blanka version is still there.

What's the resell value on these pads? Might buy them to make some money since I'm fine with the 360 d-pad.

I'll make a trip out to my local BB after class tomorrow. I can't see myself dropping a Benjamin on a joystick deal. This seems to be a more ideal solution.

I see a lot of people testing this with MAME or SSFIITHDR on the 360. Anyone give it a shot on other fighting games? SoulCalibur IV/Virtua Fighter/MK VS. DC? I'd like to know the performance on those as well.

[quote name='riddler']anyone know if this is a limited edition run, or will they be continually making them ?[/quote]

Get em' while you can.

There seems to be a pattern of posts saying their store had only one of each controller. I don't know why the stores would only put out one if they had more, so you never know.

At this rate, i might just order one from gamestop.com and let them pick who i get. Sure its random, but their site says they ship within 24 hours. Has anyone ordered from there and got theirs yet?

I picked up a Ken FightPad, they had all 4 in the back and had to bring them out.

So far I can say that it is a huge step up from the 360 controller's d-pad!

[quote name='The 7th Number']At this rate, i might just order one from gamestop.com and let them pick who i get. Sure its random, but their site says they ship within 24 hours. Has anyone ordered from there and got theirs yet?[/quote]

i see you live in kenosha, the BB there had all 4... i bought blanka... the other 3 were still available at 3pm sunday

[quote name='dkreegz515']i see you live in kenosha, the BB there had all 4... i bought blanka... the other 3 were still available at 3pm sunday[/quote]

yeah but i dont have a ride there. no idea when id be able to get up there, or even the best buy in racine. :cry:

[quote name='dkreegz515']racine does not have them[/quote]

ahh thanks for the heads up. Anyway, did you try yours out? you like it? LOL.

Maybe ill just order one, i really could care less who is on it, just that it comes in perfect condition.

[quote name='Mako1215']What's the resell value on these pads? Might buy them to make some money since I'm fine with the 360 d-pad.[/QUOTE]

How about you leave them for the people who actually want them fucker

[quote name='Mako1215']What's the resell value on these pads? Might buy them to make some money since I'm fine with the 360 d-pad.[/quote]

GTFO. Leave them for people who want them, not so your scrubby ass can make 5 dollars.

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']GTFO. Leave them for people who want them, not so your scrubby ass can make 5 dollars.[/quote]

Your all stupid. If no one buys them where im at.
What's the point of leaving them there? None. Holy shit lets get bent outa shape about this, cuz its o so horrible. If it was 5 im not even gunna bother. You people need to get a life.

[quote name='Mako1215']Your all stupid. If no one buys them where im at.
What's the point of leaving them there? None. Holy shit lets get bent outa shape about this, cuz its o so horrible. If it was 5 im not even gunna bother. You people need to get a life.[/quote]

No. You need to get a job.

There's nothing wrong with reselling but don't come in to a thread where people are looking to actually buy them to use and ask how much the resell value is. It was a dickish move and you got called out.

[quote name='depascal22']No. You need to get a job.

There's nothing wrong with reselling but don't come in to a thread where people are looking to actually buy them to use and ask how much the resell value is. It was a dickish move and you got called out.[/quote]

Got a full time job 40 hrs a week thanks tho.

It was just a question. No dickish moves there. I didn't see anyone from KY posting. So it's not like im making someone else miss out on it. So therefore. No reason for it

[quote name='Mako1215']I didn't see anyone from KY posting. So it's not like im making someone else miss out on it.[/quote]

And what service would you be offering to society? Convenience? No. You'd be another middleman in the chain. That's not good for anyone except you.

And it's a pretty bad assumption to say that they'll never sell them at your particular Best Buy.

[quote name='Aleman']And what service would you be offering to society? Convenience? No. You'd be another middleman in the chain. That's not good for anyone except you.

And it's a pretty bad assumption to say that they'll never sell them at your particular Best Buy.[/quote]

My point was never to make it easier on anyone else. i was asking a simple question to which people got there panties in a twist about it.

You didn't come across as making it easier on anyone. You asked what the resell value was. Don't act like you were trying to do anyone but yourself a favor.

[quote name='depascal22']You didn't come across as making it easier on anyone. You asked what the resell value was. Don't act like you were trying to do anyone but yourself a favor.[/quote]

Re-read my post.

I believe i said i wasn't trying to make it easier on anyone.

[quote name='depascal22']So why the hell would you expect someone to help you out by giving you information?[/quote]

Never said i did expect anyone to.

All I said was chill out about everyone having having a fit about me asking that question.

Has anyone tried this pad out on XBLA games such as Bionic Commando or SF2HD, or mega man? I hate the dpad on the regular controller (the snes pad was the best for me in sf2 in the old days). I would want to use this controller on more games than sf2 or sf4. Also does it come in wireless for the 360?

[quote name='guardkitty'] Also does it come in wireless for the 360?[/QUOTE]

Wired only for the 360. This is due to Microsoft locking third parties out of the wireless tech for controllers.

Sucks, but eh.

I plan to see if there's one of these near me today! I want to get used to it on SF2HD since I've been using the controller for a while! :( ... so far, the reviews seem to be fairly good ... 40$ is a lot ... but oh well! :D

Picked up Blanka (over Ryu; heresy?) for myself and Chun-Li for my girlfriend from two different Best Buys yesterday. I don't mind paying a few bucks for tax because it's like paying for pre-release shipping, and besides, CA needs the money. Thanks again OP.

And for the local report:

:applause: Orange, CA near Village - had controllers on display. might still have Ryu unless someone bought it (from 1PM yesterday). possibly more in back, but doubtful.

:applause: Orange, CA near Block - never hit the floor, but sold out due to customer requests.

:whistle2:s Fullerton, CA - possibly sold at least one, but now the game department head is holding the rest of the controllers for SF4 release. try another employee.

:roll: City of Industry, CA - the game department head gloated that he had all the controllers on hold for SF4 release and has instructed others not to sell them. good luck with that.

Anyone know if Best Buy is even going to carry the PS3 version of the controller? I saw the 360 ones there yesterday with their own shelf space, but there wasn't even a spot for the PS3.

There was one of each on display at the Best Buy in Addison, IL and I bought the Chun-Li one.

So as of 10:20am or so, they still had the Ryu, Ken and Blanka ones.

[quote name='Benisjamin']A friend of mine got one yesterday. They are fantastic!

Edit: The Best Buy in Castleton, IN had one of each for 360. Not sure about PS3.[/QUOTE]

Also the Best Buy on Michigan Road, IN had Blanka and Ryu after I grabbed the Chun one.

The Best Buy in Germantown, MD had three--Blanka, Ken, Chun-li for the 360, none, or I didn't see them, for the PS3. Picked up the Blanka so two remain.

bread's done
Back