Bestbuy stores selling Street Fighter 4 fightpads (X360 Only - PS3 Available Online)

vash12881

CAG Veteran
I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).

[quote name='guardkitty']Has anyone tried this pad out on XBLA games such as Bionic Commando or SF2HD, or mega man? I hate the dpad on the regular controller (the snes pad was the best for me in sf2 in the old days). I would want to use this controller on more games than sf2 or sf4. Also does it come in wireless for the 360?[/QUOTE]

I have to say the road ROCKS!!!! So far I have only tried sc4 and umk3 but it is perfect for those games I plan to try more tonight but for now this is a must buy.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I preordered this 360 fightpad from gamestop and just received it today. The website shows Akuma, but they sent me Ken. Oh well. I just tried it on SSF2T HD and it works as it should. The D-pad, although big, is much more accurate than the stock 360 pad. However, there is one weird thing about this pad; the LT and RT buttons don't work in the dashboard. So if your profile password includes any of these buttons, prepare to change it to LB or RB. The RT and LT button works during the game though. Very weird. Overall, it's pretty good. Still wish it's wireless however. Damn you MS![/quote]

[quote name='vash12881']hey im the OP and i have no problem with the buttons on dashboard. all i had to do is when i play sf2hdr is go into controller setttings and change the the face buttons to fierce punch and fierce kick. after i left game i exited to dashboard and tested all buttons again. it works.[/quote]

Anyone else tried the pad's LT and RT button in the dashboard? I still can't get them to work in the dashboard. Maybe it's a defective one? But it works in the SSF2HD.

Crestwood, IL Bestbuy had one Ryu, Blanka, and Chun-Li in stock and on display. Was really tempted to grab the Chun-Li controller but decided to hold off and order them all through amazon. No tax (10% here) sounds good to me and I can wait a bit for them to come.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Anyone else tried the pad's LT and RT button in the dashboard? I still can't get them to work in the dashboard. Maybe it's a defective one? But it works in the SSF2HD.[/quote]

I read a review somewhere that said the switch needs to be on "DP" to be able to navigate the 360 dashboard.

Can't find the review now but it said this was mentioned in the instructions. Let me know if that helps or is correct.

I don't have one yet. BB has them but they wouldn't sell to me saying they can't be released until street date. :cry:

[quote name='ceckman']I read a review somewhere that said the switch needs to be on "DP" to be able to navigate the 360 dashboard.

Can't find the review now but it said this was mentioned in the instructions. Let me know if that helps or is correct.

I don't have one yet. BB has them but they wouldn't sell to me saying they can't be released until street date. :cry:[/quote]

I found the review. It's on 1UP - http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8978787&publicUserId=4547783

"So if there's just a D-pad, what do you do if a game only allows analog control? Simple enough: flick a tiny switch on the back to either "DP" (D-pad), "LS" (left stick), or "RS" (right stick). The D-pad will then act as those sticks, letting you control the game without problems. Weirdly, the switch needs to be on "DP" to be able to navigate the 360 dashboard. That really confused me, as I kept trying to use it on "LS," thinking the thing was defective. As it turns out, this "feature" is mentioned in the instruction manual. I guess if it's on purpose, there's not much I can say -- it doesn't render the thing useless, but it's still quite a quirk."

[quote name='ceckman']I found the review. It's on 1UP - http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8978787&publicUserId=4547783

"So if there's just a D-pad, what do you do if a game only allows analog control? Simple enough: flick a tiny switch on the back to either "DP" (D-pad), "LS" (left stick), or "RS" (right stick). The D-pad will then act as those sticks, letting you control the game without problems. Weirdly, the switch needs to be on "DP" to be able to navigate the 360 dashboard. That really confused me, as I kept trying to use it on "LS," thinking the thing was defective. As it turns out, this "feature" is mentioned in the instruction manual. I guess if it's on purpose, there's not much I can say -- it doesn't render the thing useless, but it's still quite a quirk."[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Mine is set on DP but my problem in the dashboard is only with the trigger buttons, RT and LT.

I got mine at Union City CA. They only had Blanka left and none in the back. A small amount was on back ordered.

I put this controller to work last night with some Nebula games. The Punisher, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and Alien vs. Predator, 3 of the best beat-'em-ups of all time. After some heavy use the d-pad can get a little greasy feeling. I think it would be better if it had a little bit rougher surface on it, but it still performed well.

Charlotte, NC (Northlake Mall Best Buy) has the pads. They're going to hold one for me, well, someone's going to pick one up for me.

South Coast Plaza's Best Buy (Costa Mesa, CA) has 1x Chun-Li, 1x Ryu, and 1x Blanka. I took the Chun-Li fightpad.

Now to search for the FightStick early releases.

For those in the NW Tampa, FL area:

Citrus Park: Ryu and Blanka on floor.
Oldsmar: Had person check the warehouse. Bought Chun-Li; Ryu, Ken, Blanka now on floor.

Just got back from best buy in Vista for anyone in the San Diego area. I picked up Ryu, they have Blanka X1 and Ken X2 on the floor.

I found my Xbox 360 Chun Li pad at the Best Buy in Webster, TX (they had a shipment of 8 pads total, various characters). Can't wait to try it out!

[quote name='Flak']Sounds like no one's able to find Akuma :([/quote]

Yeah - the cases contain 4 controllers - one each of Ryu, Ken, Blanka, and Chun Li. No Akuma pads at all. Each store got in one case of only the 360 pads. I hear BB will not carry the PS3 versions in stores at all.

Anyone else having issues with diagonal jump? I feel like I have to press a lot harder for that to register than anything else I do with the pad.

[quote name='Shan82']I plan to see if there's one of these near me today! I want to get used to it on SF2HD since I've been using the controller for a while! :( ... so far, the reviews seem to be fairly good ... 40$ is a lot ... but oh well! :D[/quote]

Shan I bought a Ken one for Joe today in Fenton, MO. Chun Li and Ryu are still left. I can get one of them if you want.

Back of box confirms the 360 choices are Blanka, Ryu, Ken, and Chun Li. Has anyone officially figured out if Akuma is a PS3 exclusive or a Gamestop exclusive?

Valparaiso, IN Best Buy has two left in stock after I snagged a Ken one today. I believe Blanka and Chun-Li were the last two on the peg.

Already played a game of Tecmo Bowl NES with it just for shiggles. I hope that HD Remix will be a lot more fun now.

Are some of you guys using this on your PC for emus? Is it just plug in play?

Got a Blanka pad today. Tested it on Mega Man 9, better D-Pad + Turbo Fire = Win. Also works great on SSFIITHDR! Can't wait for SFIV.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone else having issues with diagonal jump? I feel like I have to press a lot harder for that to register than anything else I do with the pad.[/QUOTE]

A few people on shoryuken are also having problems with the diagonals on some of the pads. It's definitely a defect, so I'd go exchange it. My bro got the 360 pad and has had no problems.

I think I've broken it in now I think...the diagonal jump doesn't seem to be giving me issues anymore. I gotta keep playtesting it to make sure.

And goddamn I suck at SF now. I remember being a whole lot better at this when I was 10. Getting beat down by CPU consistently on Medium makes me sad.

You definitely have to press a bit harder on this pad, but its fine once you're used to it. Of course, if you have to jam the thing or flex your thumb to get it to work, that's a problem.

[quote name='Strell']Oh you son of a bitch. You left ME with the Blanka! I wanted the Ken consarnit![/quote]

Did I? Well if it is any consulation, Chun-Li was the one that I wanted so I had to settle on an alternate choice. So did you buy the Blanka one?

I'd stick with the Saturn pads. If I had a way to use my USB or PS2 Saturn pads on the 360 I wouldn't have bothered with the Fightpad.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Back of box confirms the 360 choices are Blanka, Ryu, Ken, and Chun Li. Has anyone officially figured out if Akuma is a PS3 exclusive or a Gamestop exclusive?[/quote]

Amazon says otherwise:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Stre..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234277897&sr=8-3

And strangely enough, they list Blanka separately from the others (you can't select him from the product description instantly). But in any case, it seems like all of them are available for both systems.

I went to the Costa Mesa, CA last night around 7:30pm PST and they had a Blanka and a Ryu for the Xbox 360, just one of each. (Was looking for Time Crisis for PS3 at $30, they had one but it was $53.99)

I just went to the BB in Union, NJ on RT. 22 and they had three of these fightpads. I bought the Ken fightpad, so they should still have the Ryu and Chun Li pads left.

the BB in fairless hills, pa had 1 of each - ryu, ken, chun, blanka.

they couldn't find them, but the nice girl called me back and told me they were in the back.

grabbed ken, the other 3 are still there but now on the floor.

Btw, why are these stores getting 5 controllers? BB stores are enormous (in most cases). Are they just testing the waters by sending out a measly 5 controllers per store, or is BB simply not ordering more than that?

If anyone cant wait, i ordered one from gamestop.com with free shipping yesterday and it already shipped and said it would arrive by thursday. Only downside is i dunno who is on my controller, but i dont really care.

[quote name='dragonjud']Btw, why are these stores getting 5 controllers? BB stores are enormous (in most cases). Are they just testing the waters by sending out a measly 5 controllers per store, or is BB simply not ordering more than that?[/QUOTE]

I know they didn't manufacture very many of the arcade sticks, so maybe the same holds true for the pads. Seems like all the Best Buy stores got one of each of the four characters and that's it. I'm sure if these sell well they will make more.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I know they didn't manufacture very many of the arcade sticks, so maybe the same holds true for the pads. Seems like all the Best Buy stores got one of each of the four characters and that's it. I'm sure if these sell well they will make more.[/quote]

Picked up the last 360 fightpad at the Deerfield, IL location (200 S Waukegan). The sales associate said they only got one of each character for the 360 ones. I don't think they received any PS3 ones.

The one I got is Blanka. Can't wait to try it out after work!

out of curiousity i called the store i got mine (ken) from 3 hours ago. when i left they just moved ryu, blanka and chun li from the back onto the floor.

all sold out. "it's weird... we only got 1 of each." the girl said.

[quote name='Halo05']I'd stick with the Saturn pads. If I had a way to use my USB or PS2 Saturn pads on the 360 I wouldn't have bothered with the Fightpad.[/quote]

...yeah. I think I'm gonna pass on these babies.

[quote name='panzerjedi']South Coast Plaza's Best Buy (Costa Mesa, CA) has 1x Chun-Li, 1x Ryu, and 1x Blanka. I took the Chun-Li fightpad.

Now to search for the FightStick early releases.[/quote]

were those for the ps3 or the 360?

Is it confirmed that BB is not carrying the ps3 version? I went to a couple and they only had 360 versions...i don't understand why this would be so...

Holmdel, NJ had 1 of each character; Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Blanka. I picked up the Ryu and Chun-Li so the other two were still there.

Also Manalapan, NJ had Blanka and Ken in the back. The lady I asked said that was all they had.

Thanks OP!

fightpads.jpg

bread's done
Back