Bestbuy stores selling Street Fighter 4 fightpads (X360 Only - PS3 Available Online)

vash12881

CAG Veteran
I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).

[quote name='shrike4242']Helpful info from the BB website:

Fight Pad SKU #'s:
Ken (360): 9220363
Ken (PS3): 9220416
Ryu (360): 9220336
Ryu (PS3): 9220407
Chun Li (360): 9220354
Chun Li (PS3): 9220372

Tournament Stick SKU #'s:
Xbox 360: 9203328
PS3: 9203364

Employees can check in RSS in-store with the SKU #'s and see if other stores in the area have them in-stock. They can also get the SKU # by looking up the product by name, though the SKU # up-front makes it quicker.[/quote]

nice thanks for the setup. I didn't know they already had the Sku's for the ps3 versions...does this mean that some BB's are carrying/received the ps3 fightpads? I went to a couple of local BB's and asked them for the ps3 version (they looked it up online, but couldn't find it in store/system). I'll try calling and asking them to look up those ps3 sku's later today. Anyone else have any luck securing ps3 fightpads? At this point i'd take any character (i'd prefer chun-li thou -_-;;

=)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called BB with a couple of the PS3 SKU #s and she told me that the PS3 pads are only going to be available online while the 360 ones will be available in stores and online; which would explain the lack of PS3 pads at BB.

[quote name='CAG 79']Just called BB with a couple of the PS3 SKU #s and she told me that the PS3 pads are only going to be available online while the 360 ones will be available in stores and online; which would explain the lack of PS3 pads at BB.[/quote]Well, isn't that a little interesting. :whistle2:s

Guess it was good that I dragged out the SKU #'s, so people won't go looking in-store for PS3 pads.

oh man that's some bad news....ugh why must they do something like this. Thanks for the info though. BOOO to BB.

[quote name='shrike4242']Helpful info from the BB website:

Fight Pad SKU #'s:
Ken (360): 9220363
Ken (PS3): 9220416
Ryu (360): 9220336
Ryu (PS3): 9220407
Chun Li (360): 9220354
Chun Li (PS3): 9220372

Tournament Stick SKU #'s:
Xbox 360: 9203328
PS3: 9203364

Employees can check in RSS in-store with the SKU #'s and see if other stores in the area have them in-stock. They can also get the SKU # by looking up the product by name, though the SKU # up-front makes it quicker.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but this isn't the sku i've been buying all my x360 controllers in-store under. Every pad I've purchased has come up as 9176027.

I picked up a Ken 360 pad last night, but the Dpad is really clicky when moving it from left to right and vice-versa. Up/down is fine though. Is anybody else's like this? I don't want to go exchange it to find out they're all like this.

[quote name='hothitter']I'm sorry, but this isn't the sku i've been buying all my x360 controllers in-store under. Every pad I've purchased has come up as 9176027.[/quote]:whistle2:s

Since each product has a different UPC, I can't see why they'd be putting them all under a single SKU. Different UPC's have different SKU's.

Well the bb website says the controllers are only availible online for both systems. I'll have to dig deeper into this tomorrow.

The D-Pad is considerably larger. I received mine a few days ago from Gamestop. The controller has a very good feel.

[quote name='abilyk']I picked up a Ken 360 pad last night, but the Dpad is really clicky when moving it from left to right and vice-versa. Up/down is fine though. Is anybody else's like this? I don't want to go exchange it to find out they're all like this.[/QUOTE]

Mmm not mine. My Dpad feels the same all around in any direction. Maybe try breaking it in more? It shouldn't feel clicky considering how elevated and floaty the Dpad is.

[quote name='shrike4242']:whistle2:s

Since each product has a different UPC, I can't see why they'd be putting them all under a single SKU. Different UPC's have different SKU's.[/quote]

yeah, you would think that, but it's not happening. I can scan receipts for proof of these...

fightpads.jpg

2399238.jpg

Impressions:
I have never complained about the official D-pad because I always use the analog. But I do have a lot of Xbox Live Arcade games, and this looks really cool.

The SFIV fightpad D-pad is big, floaty, and delicious. I really like it a lot. It's very easy to shift my thumb around the pad anywhere quickly. My finger can easily tell the difference between up and up-right. I haven't played XBLA games with such control and precision before. Going back and trying games with the official D-pad is pretty bad, I guess it does suck. The turbo is really gonna be helpful in some games I couldn't beat on hard before now, here's looking at you Aces of the Galaxy.
I have now played and tested the fightpad with noticeably better results on:
Pac-Man Championship
Bomberman Live
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Frogger (definitely a lot better)
SSFIITHDR trial (I guess I'm finally gonna buy it now)

I plan on buying the next week both the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and the Namco Museum Virtual Arcade, so this fightpad is gonna get some really good use soon.

One big disappointment for me is there is no rumble. Why? The controller is almost too lightweight.

Another big disappointment is of course it is not wireless on the 360. The fightpad has a standard 8' USB cord that does not reach my sitting position on the couch. I dug up a 6' USB extender and it works great. Best Buy has a 6' extender for $25, but they are online elsewhere for like $5 if you don't already have one.

[quote name='hothitter']yeah, you would think that, but it's not happening. I can scan receipts for proof of these...
2399238.jpg
[/quote]Yes, they're all under one UPC #, so they're all under one SKU #.

Saw it with my own eyes. It's the other SKU # that other CAG posted a page or two back.

I finally broke down and bought a Ken and Chun-Li pad at the BB in Crestwood, IL. I tried my hardest to resist but, after reading all the good comments here about the pads, I had to get two so I could try them out personally (I bought the full set of them on Amazon for collecting -not opening- cause I'm a huge Street Fighter fanatic).
All in all, I have to say, "Good job, Mad Catz." I always steered clear of any Mad Catz/pelican products cause I read so many bad things about both companies' products, but the SF art and improved D-pad lured me in. The D-pad is floaty, fluid, and registers my every input in SF:HD. Nice. Next up, Pac-Man CE.
Oddly enough, I've been practicing with my DOA Arcade Stick and, now, kinda prefer that to the gamepad; something I would have deemed blasphemy only a few months ago.
Still, the D-pad is great and worth it, if you have some extra cash to splurge. Works great with Mame32 (PC) as well!
Now, I patiently await the arrival of my two T.E. Sticks. Oh baby, I'm locking myself indoors next week when SFIV comes home.
Thanks for the post, OP!

Picked up the Ryu controller and damn that is an awesome D-pad. There were a couple left if anyone is having a hard time finding one. There was a Blanka and Chun left.

[quote name='TypeSH']some great news, folks. after ONE day of use my pad does not get recognized by ANY of the usb ports on my 360, my friend's 360, or my PC.

dead. after one day.

welcome back, mad catz! i've missed you so.[/QUOTE]

This seems to be a problem with MadCatz controllers. A brand new MadCatz Dream Pad I purchased for my Dreamcast, first try out of the box did not work.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, they're all under one UPC #, so they're all under one SKU #.

Saw it with my own eyes. It's the other SKU # that other CAG posted a page or two back.[/quote]
I think they have different SKUs on the net so if you want the Ken you get the Ken. Thats the only reason I can think of because in store as you noted - its all the same thing.

As for the PS3 versions - do not giv up hope, they could change satus down the line.

I opened my Ryu Fightpad tonight to try out on the Ultimate Genesis Collection, and wow this controller if light years ahead of the regular D pad. $40 well spent, great quality also

Thanks to whoever posted a few days ago that Staten Island NY got them in....I tried Bay Parkway Brooklyn first ...they told me "sold out" ...then headed over to SI...right on the shelf. Only had a Ken / Chun Li left after I bought mine.

354644746.jpg

[quote name='Kurt Hustle']
354644746.jpg
[/quote]

Hey, tell us about the SFIV Fight Stick. Did they have it just sitting there on a shelf? Did you pre-order it? Have you used it? Come on.

[quote name='gordojones88']Hey, tell us about the SFIV Fight Stick. Did they have it just sitting there on a shelf? Did you pre-order it? Have you used it? Come on.[/quote]

It's the 80$ one ...just got it tonight...my gf picked it up at gamestop. Haven't gotten a chance to use it...hopefully getting my copy of SFIV tom.

Here is a good vid tho for anyone who hasn't seen it...comparing the 2 sticks basically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p4l...etalk.yuku.com/topic/149588/master/1/?page=16

[quote name='fuss']I think they have different SKUs on the net so if you want the Ken you get the Ken. Thats the only reason I can think of because in store as you noted - its all the same thing.

As for the PS3 versions - do not giv up hope, they could change satus down the line.[/quote]Well, that makes sense, since online, you can't pick it in advance without a different SKU.

Leave it to the person in the know to set me right. :D

[quote name='UjnHunter']wait... you're telling me it's not wireless... and there is no rumble? why would anyone pay $40 for that crap? way to fail.[/quote]

in my mind, SF4 is unplayable with the standard 360 controller - so I'm willing to pay whatever I have to in order to enjoy the game

fuck Madcatz and fuck gamestop. Called around and they're now saying that if they ever get any controllers it'll only be for those that pre-ordered.
A company with a horrible reputation, and the one item that consumers may actually want from them cannot be produced in sufficient quantities.

Then a major retailer like Bestbuy gets a single shipment of 4 controllers...madness.:bomb:

Picked up a Ken controller and a friend got the Blanka.
Ryu and Chun-Li were still sitting at the Oak Park Best Buy in Overland Park KS last night at close if any of you KC metro folks are interested.

So far so good, and like others have mentioned the d-pad is like magic on Pacman CE.

[quote name='dragonjud']fuck Madcatz and fuck gamestop. Called around and they're now saying that if they ever get any controllers it'll only be for those that pre-ordered.
A company with a horrible reputation, and the one item that consumers may actually want from them cannot be produced in sufficient quantities.

Then a major retailer like Bestbuy gets a single shipment of 4 controllers...madness.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Ya, I hear you man, I went by Gamestop earlier this week before I got mine from BB, and the pipsqueak behind the counter gave me the same line, but with the shit eating grin on his face, so i says, I guess some other retailer will be getting my money then, and walked out. Eff those guys

someone said they got theirs at gamestop a few posts up..i will check after work.

[quote name='dragonjud']And where did you get this information from?[/quote]

im returning my ryu back to BB...its nice but i already have the TE stick coming and i have a hori ex2 so pads just dont do it for me any more :cry:

[quote name='twstd4lfe']im returning my ryu back to BB...its nice but i already have the TE stick coming and i have a hori ex2 so pads just dont do it for me any more :cry:[/quote]

I hear that and totally agree, brother. It took a bit, but I finally got used to playing with an Arcade Stick. Now, gamepads just aren't as good as I used to think they were. Still, that didn't stop me from picking up all these gamepads. The artwork/design on them is what lured me in. That and I'm a huge SF fan that dropped too much dough on this SFIV release.:cold:

[quote name='oemor']did anyone try if the 360 pads work on the ps3?[/quote]

The guide button light lights up but won't work on the PS3. Madcatz wants your money twice if you have both systems.

Now all of you who got the 360 pads, does your RT and LT trigger buttons work in the dashboard? Mine doesn't but those buttons work in games. No one seems to want to answer this question except the OP, who said his works in the dashboard. I just want to hear from more people on this so if mine is a defective one, I will have to exchange it when gamestop.com gets it back in stock one of these days.

[quote name='UjnHunter']wait... you're telling me it's not wireless... and there is no rumble? why would anyone pay $40 for that crap? way to fail.[/quote]

How many times does it have to say this in the thread; Microsoft does not allow third-party wireless controllers to be licensed unless they are music instrument controllers.

As to rumble, SF IV and many other new fighters don't have it. The last big fighter to have rumble would be DOA 4.

[quote name='Logg']My girlfriend just got me the Ken one, its very awesome.[/quote]

[quote name='Kurt Hustle']It's the 80$ one ...just got it tonight...my gf picked it up at gamestop. Haven't gotten a chance to use it...hopefully getting my copy of SFIV tom. [/quote]

Does your gf's has an equally impressive sister?

Finally was able to pick up a PS3 Blanka pad at GS. They got their shipment in today.

Still waiting on the PS3 SE stick though, apparently those got delayed.

[quote name='BladeZ']Has anyone tried using the current coupons on these? Either the 10% off or the $10 off $75 if buying two?

Coupon[/QUOTE]

I did this today. She had trouble with it instantly working, but she just changed each pads price to 34.99 to compensate.

[quote name='MSUHitman']As to rumble, SF IV and many other new fighters don't have it.[/quote]

I didn't really get this for SFIV. I got it for a few other dozen games I wanted a good D-pad on. The lack of rumble really leaves a gaping hole in the gameplay immersion for me. On only some of the games I didn't know what was wrong the first hour of use, but everything I played felt disconnected and flat. Like I was only watching and not playing. It's like I opened a box of cereal, ate it all, then afterwards realized there was no toy in the bottom, even though the box didn't promise one.

Just got notice that the bestbuy TE fightsticks are now shipping 3/1/09. Something is going on there.

[quote name='Qik']Just got notice that the bestbuy TE fightsticks are now shipping 3/1/09. Something is going on there.[/quote]

Yep, they're gonna screw us, like I've said all along.

bread's done
Back