Bestbuy stores selling Street Fighter 4 fightpads (X360 Only - PS3 Available Online)

vash12881

CAG Veteran
I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).

Picked up Ryu and Ken fighting pads. They had 2 chun-li, 3 Ryu, 3 Ken, 1 Blanka at the Best Buy in Los Feliz, CA. I was going to buy a few more, but decided to not be greedy. They didn't have the game in yet, and I dont think the TE arcade stick either.

Just want to tell you guys that can't find it at Best Buy, I picked up a Ryu pad at Gamestop today. They had 1 Ryu and 3 Blankas out in the store, not sure if any more in the back.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']The guide button light lights up but won't work on the PS3. Madcatz wants your money twice if you have both systems.

Now all of you who got the 360 pads, does your RT and LT trigger buttons work in the dashboard? Mine doesn't but those buttons work in games. No one seems to want to answer this question except the OP, who said his works in the dashboard. I just want to hear from more people on this so if mine is a defective one, I will have to exchange it when gamestop.com gets it back in stock one of these days.[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't work either. But the RB and LB buttons do...I think the OP is mistaken and I think he meant the LB and RB buttons.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']The guide button light lights up but won't work on the PS3. Madcatz wants your money twice if you have both systems.

Now all of you who got the 360 pads, does your RT and LT trigger buttons work in the dashboard? Mine doesn't but those buttons work in games. No one seems to want to answer this question except the OP, who said his works in the dashboard. I just want to hear from more people on this so if mine is a defective one, I will have to exchange it when gamestop.com gets it back in stock one of these days.[/QUOTE]

You have to switch the button to one of the analog sticks to get the triggers to work in the dash.

So, reading the Fighting stick thread it's obvious that MadCatz made many promises to many people and simply will not be able to deliver on day 1.
It's strange how Capcom chooses these companies for their 'official' accessories. We remember just how popular those Nuby controllers were:roll::roll:.

Now Madcatz promised to raise the quality of the product, but somewhere along the line they bit more than they could chew. So, on day 1, you'll have BB stores with 4 gamepads and likely 0 sticks for pre-orders. Gamestop will get partial shipments, and so will GameCrazy.
So, if you actually find any of these pads or sticks consider yourself lucky, as there will be more than a few pissed off SF IV hardcore gamers who pre-ordered and will not get their pads or sticks on day 1.

Ps3 owners have a few choices, but the x360 owners will feel it the worse, as their choices are not as abundant.

[quote name='dragonjud']So, reading the Fighting stick thread it's obvious that MadCatz made many promises to many people and simply will not be able to deliver on day 1.
It's strange how Capcom chooses these companies for their 'official' accessories. We remember just how popular those Nuby controllers were:roll::roll:.

Now Madcatz promised to raise the quality of the product, but somewhere along the line they bit more than they could chew. So, on day 1, you'll have BB stores with 4 gamepads and likely 0 sticks for pre-orders. Gamestop will get partial shipments, and so will GameCrazy.
So, if you actually find any of these pads or sticks consider yourself lucky, as there will be more than a few pissed off SF IV hardcore gamers who pre-ordered and will not get their pads or sticks on day 1.

Ps3 owners have a few choices, but the x360 owners will feel it the worse, as their choices are not as abundant.[/QUOTE]

Madcatz did raise the quality...all this stuff is awesome.

but they got the quantity part wrong instead, not enough of it anywhere. Either that or it's not all shipping at once and we'll see this stuff flood stores next week.

Man Dragonjud, you sure are whiny. Madcatz is doing their best and without them we might not have these awesome controllers. Bought mine at BestBuy just as many people here have obviously done.

hey guys, dont know if its been announced, but my local gamestop had them in store today. I asked them and they said they just got a shipment in today and i picked up the blanka one which was the only one available. They sold out of the other ones. They got 4 of each character for both the ps3 and the 360. I picked up the ps3 blanka although i really wanted chun li btw. goodluck guys.

[quote name='eastx']Man Dragonjud, you sure are whiny. Madcatz is doing their best and without them we might not have these awesome controllers. Bought mine at BestBuy just as many people here have obviously done.[/quote]

Call it what you want. I'm providing information for those that are questioning why they cannot find the items in the store.
If the information happens to come with some of my opinion, then so be it. I can express my opinion just as others can.

Madcatz may be doing their best, but that amounts to nothing when I go pick up the game on Tuesday, and I don't have a decent game pad to use.

[quote name='dragonjud']
Madcatz may be doing their best, but that amounts to nothing when I go pick up the game on Tuesday, and I don't have a decent game pad to use.[/QUOTE]

How many BestBuys have you been to? GameStops? Keep in mind that many places may not put the pads out until the 17th even if they're already in stock. If you make a legitimate effort to locate a pad and can't get one by the end of next week, I'll be surprised.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not, but since the 360 ones are wired, does the PC recognize it? I'm mostly asking because I play SF on GameTap from time to time (and well, the button layout is perfect for Genesis roms as well as 6 button games like Comix Zone on GameTap)

[quote name='sum41rcks1']Yup it works on the PC. Just plug it in and it will automatically download the drivers for you. Well it did for me[/quote]
Cool. When playing on a PC, regardless of playing roms or actual games, how is the responsiveness???

I've tried Saitek pads that have the button config as this and they seemed shoddy as all hell. I had thought about getting a decent xbox/PS2 to USB converter and getting a pad from the Anniversary collection for the same end

Ahh ok. GameTap seems to see and work with any type of USB pad. I've used my MicroCon 360 controller and a wired Logitech PS3 ChillPad and they work like a total charm

I originally preordered two of these on Amazon which gave me a estimated ship date of February 25th so I canceled and preordered the sames ones (Ryu and Chun-Li for PS3) and they shipped on Thursday. After reading this thread I went to best buy and bought one for the 360 (Blanka) to use on other games. It definitely made some games on XBLA easier to control but I have yet to try it with MKvsDCU or DOA4 (I'm probably going to buy all my fighting games on PS3 from now on). I hope to try the PS3 versions on some classic PS2 fighting games if they come in before GameStop's cheapo shipping gets the game to me.

HumanSnatcher, the pad words great on the PC. Played Super Street Fighter 2 (SNES), Marvel vs Capcom (Mame32), Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Mame32), and Turtles in Time(Mame32) with no problems.

[quote name='tyrok3k'] I hope to try the PS3 versions on some classic PS2 fighting games if they come in before GameStop's cheapo shipping gets the game to me.[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting that the Madcatz SF4 peripherals don't work with PS2 games, aren't you? They do work for PSOne games though.

[quote name='eastx']You're forgetting that the Madcatz SF4 peripherals don't work with PS2 games, aren't you? They do work for PSOne games though.[/quote]

Hopefully Sony will fix that soon. It requires to be put in one of the new firmware updates. Hori sticks were added in a previous update, so hopefully these will be added soon also.

If anyone wants to help my thread on the official Playstation boards about this, I made a topic there.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...e?board.id=ps3updates&message.id=48048#M48048

Pre-ordered the PS3 Akuma controller through Buy.com for $37.99 plus free shipping and MS Cashback. Can't wait to play this bad boy.

[quote name='heyo007']HumanSnatcher, the pad words great on the PC. Played Super Street Fighter 2 (SNES), Marvel vs Capcom (Mame32), Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Mame32), and Turtles in Time(Mame32) with no problems.[/quote]
Freakin AWESOME! Thanks for your report. I'll def be ordering it quite soon then. I'd like to get the Ryu one, but ultimatly, I don't really care, as I won't be looking at the controller itself when playing anything lol

[quote name='tyrok3k']I originally preordered two of these on Amazon which gave me a estimated ship date of February 25th so I canceled and preordered the sames ones (Ryu and Chun-Li for PS3) and they shipped on Thursday. After reading this thread I went to best buy and bought one for the 360 (Blanka) to use on other games. It definitely made some games on XBLA easier to control but I have yet to try it with MKvsDCU or DOA4 (I'm probably going to buy all my fighting games on PS3 from now on). I hope to try the PS3 versions on some classic PS2 fighting games if they come in before GameStop's cheapo shipping gets the game to me.[/quote]
Where did you order from that they shipped Thursday?

[quote name='Flak']Where did you order from that they shipped Thursday?[/quote]

Yea where was that purchased from? Google shopping doesn't have many good results.
smile.gif

[quote name='tyrok3k']It seems weird that they wouldn't work considering they have a PS button and all.[/quote]

It's to do with the emulation I guess. Mark Man just told us in the stick thread it will require an update to the firmware and he told us we had to bug Sony about it.

just got my ps3 blanka pad today! go to gamestop.com and search to see if they have them in stock at your local store. my blanka pad was the last they had left

[quote name='elvis731']Just picked up a Ryu pad for the 360 from the BB in Mentor, OH. They had a 8-10 left, all characters available.[/quote]

Including Akuma? My local Best Buy's have yet to receive a single Akuma pad. I picked up a Chun Li fight pad but I am holding out for the Akuma for my second.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']Including Akuma? My local Best Buy's have yet to receive a single Akuma pad. I picked up a Chun Li fight pad but I am holding out for the Akuma for my second.[/QUOTE]

No sorry, I should have specified - Chun, Ryu, Blanka, and Ken. I didn't see any Akuma...

[quote name='Flak']Where did you order from that they shipped Thursday?[/quote]
Oops, looks like I forgot to mention that I preordered from the Capcom Store. I got free shipping too so it ended up being the same price as Amazon. Heres hoping they come in on Monday.

Picked up the last 360 pad from the salem oregon location. It was a blanka pad. So far I'm really impressed with it. My only gripe is some of the xbla games do not let me remap the buttons. I can't play castle crashers with this pad. Oh well it's just what I needed for SFIV. I've heard of problems with MK vs DC. Has anyone tried it with this game?

Etheidon

After picking up my Chun-Li pad and using it for a bit, I've got to say that I'm not all that impressed. The d-pad feels a lot like those Nuby SF Anniversary Controller ones, and I REALLY didn't like those. The face buttons and the shape of the controller feel fine though, but my main gripe is the d-pad. It just doesn't feel as spot-on as it could of been.

It's definitely a step-up from the Xbox 360 controller, but it ain't no Saturn Pad that's for sure. That was the best controller as far as I'm concerned. :cry:

The more I've used this controller the more I like it. After buying the Ryu earlier in the week I decided to see if they had any more left. I picked up Ken and Chun-Li, using the 10 dollar off 75 dollar coupon posted on here....thanks. I also had a 10 dollar reward zone discount.

One thing that threw me off when I plugged the Chun-Li controller into my PC was there was no sound. In case anybody else runs into this, apparently the controller having a headset built in changed the default sound setting to the headset jack instead of my PC sound card. It's an easy fix, so if anybody runs across this same problem just let me know and I'll post the fix. Strangely, neither the Ryu or Ken controller triggered this same scenario. Maybe my PC doesn't like women...lol.

[quote name='heyo007']HumanSnatcher, the pad words great on the PC. Played Super Street Fighter 2 (SNES), Marvel vs Capcom (Mame32), Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Mame32), and Turtles in Time(Mame32) with no problems.[/QUOTE]

What software do you use to remap the buttons? I haven't used mame in a long time and using mame32 I couldn't find out where to do this

Etheidon

[quote name='etheidon']What software do you use to remap the buttons? I haven't used mame in a long time and using mame32 I couldn't find out where to do this

Etheidon[/QUOTE]

You don't need any software to remap the buttons in MAME. Just choose your rom, then when the game starts up hit the Tab button on your keyboard to enter the menu where you can map the buttons.

[quote name='etheidon']Picked up the last 360 pad from the salem oregon location. It was a blanka pad. So far I'm really impressed with it. My only gripe is some of the xbla games do not let me remap the buttons. I can't play castle crashers with this pad. [/QUOTE]

You can hold R and press the action buttons by changing the position of your right hand. Believe it or not many pad players play piano-style.... It's not super comfortable though.

[quote name='eastx']You can hold R and press the action buttons by changing the position of your right hand. Believe it or not many pad players play piano-style.... It's not super comfortable though.[/QUOTE]

I play piano style when playing charge characters...makes it super easy to pull off moves for me.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Does your gf's has an equally impressive sister?[/quote]

Haha ...honestly it was dumb luck ...she walked in to snag a copy of Dead Rising for her brothers bday, when I got a phone call saying "weren't you looking for a street fighter 4 joystick?" (I haven't shut up about it) Of course my hopes got instantly raised thinking it was the TE stick but no such luck. Happy nonetheless.

bread's done
Back