Bestbuy stores selling Street Fighter 4 fightpads (X360 Only - PS3 Available Online)

vash12881

CAG Veteran
I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).

[quote name='MSUHitman']There's no rumble in either fightpad. There's no rumble in SF IV period.[/quote]

There is rumble in SF IV. There's an option right below what controller setting you wish to modify.

Also, picked up a Ken fightpad last night as I wasn't able to locate an Akuma one from the Best Buy in Fort Collins. It'll do until my TE stick arrives from Amazon sometime in the next two weeks :D

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']You don't need any software to remap the buttons in MAME. Just choose your rom, then when the game starts up hit the Tab button on your keyboard to enter the menu where you can map the buttons.[/quote]

This exactly. I used Mame32 (with its wonderful graphical ui) and tab brings up the menu this and all other sorts of options.

[quote name='FurryCurry']love mame

I really thought that Amazon.com would have been my best bet to get the pads but nooooo. Such a shame.[/QUOTE]

I know, right?

fucking Amazon.

I've been using it for the Ultimate Genesis collection and some xbla games. It works pretty well. It reminds me of the genesis controller a lot.

Anyone have any luck in NYC? The best buy's I've visited didn't have any and neither does any of the gamestops. I just called like every one in lower Manhattan.

I found a Ryu pad at Best Buy but promptly returned it. Absolutely HATED the way the Dpad felt.

Instead I picked up a Hori EX2 stick from Gamestop for the same price ($39) and I'll use that until my Fightstick comes in from Amazon within the next week or two.

[quote name='Byakurai']There is rumble in SF IV. There's an option right below what controller setting you wish to modify.

Also, picked up a Ken fightpad last night as I wasn't able to locate an Akuma one from the Best Buy in Fort Collins. It'll do until my TE stick arrives from Amazon sometime in the next two weeks :D[/quote]

My bad. I was told in one of the SF threads or the FGT that there was no rumble in SF IV.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Akuma seems to be exclusive to Amazon and Gamestop.[/quote]

Add Gamecrazy to that. One of their employees leaked an internal memo about this debacle to Destructoid and it listed the Akuma pads on there. So it looks like an Amazon/Gamestop/Gamecrazy exclusive.

Picked up a Chun-Li pad in Albany Best Buy. No GS's or GC's in the area had the pads as of Friday. Works great for Pac-Man CE and Sonic's UGC which were the main reasons I got it. Also I am getting MK vs. DC this week and wanted it for that. Someone said there were problems with the 360 pads playing MKvsDC. Can anyone confirm or give anymore information on such issues?

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Picked up a Chun-Li pad in Albany Best Buy. No GS's or GC's in the area had the pads as of Friday. Works great for Pac-Man CE and Sonic's UGC which were the main reasons I got it. Also I am getting MK vs. DC this week and wanted it for that. Someone said there were problems with the 360 pads playing MKvsDC. Can anyone confirm or give anymore information on such issues?[/quote]

MK vs. DC uses both 2D/3D planes in combat. The d-pad controls 2-D movement, the left stick controls 3D movement. You can use the d-pad for 3-D movement, but you would have to hold the LT (default setting) to do it.

That, and having an unedited version, are why I got the PS3 European version of that game instead.

[quote name='OtherAdam']Anyone have any luck in NYC? The best buy's I've visited didn't have any and neither does any of the gamestops. I just called like every one in lower Manhattan.[/quote]

Wish you good luck. Madcatz simply didn't make enough for day 1 distribution. Even gamestops that didn't take pre-orders are using the 'we're sold out' line (even if they just got them). I think they're obviously going to the employees, but whatever.

As for BB, if a store gets 5 controllers, they could likely disappear in minutes. Finding one will depend entirely on luck. Been to at least a dozen stores (combined BB and GS), and found a single ps3 pad. I don't want the ps3 version, 'cause I have enough controllers/pads/joysticks. Only care about the x360 one.

[quote name='thejokell']I found a Ryu pad at Best Buy but promptly returned it. Absolutely HATED the way the Dpad felt.

Instead I picked up a Hori EX2 stick from Gamestop for the same price ($39) and I'll use that until my Fightstick comes in from Amazon within the next week or two.[/QUOTE]

What was wrong with the d-pad? I used to have the Hori EX2 stick (SCIV version), but got tired of having to play on a table or stand and the constant clicking of the cheap joystick was very annoying. I guess I just prefer kicking back on the couch with a controller that isn't constantly yappin' at me.

I found one Chun Li and one Blanka 360 pad today at Best Buy. Picked up the Chun Li one which was what I was hoping to find. So far, I've played KOF 2002 and Rez HD with it and I'm satisfied with it, D-pad is definitely a lot better than the one on my Microsoft controllers.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']What was wrong with the d-pad? I used to have the Hori EX2 stick (SCIV version), but got tired of having to play on a table or stand and the constant clicking of the cheap joystick was very annoying. I guess I just prefer kicking back on the couch with a controller that isn't constantly yappin' at me.[/QUOTE]

The d-pad is too large, but it's 10 times better than the stock 360 d-pad. That dude was just being picky.

A question for everyone who picked up the fightpad. This controller comes with a turbo button, will this turbo button work on COD4 as a rapid fire button?

[quote name='Chatomairi']A question for everyone who picked up the fightpad. This controller comes with a turbo button, will this turbo button work on COD4 as a rapid fire button?[/quote]

Yes, but the controller only has one pad, which you can switch on the fly between D-pad, Left-analog, Right-analog. But you need 2 analog sticks to play COD. Shoot or move, you can't do both.

[quote name='Chatomairi']A question for everyone who picked up the fightpad. This controller comes with a turbo button, will this turbo button work on COD4 as a rapid fire button?[/quote]

I guess it could if you wanna play COD4 with 1 d-pad serving as the left analog stick but it only comes with just that 1 d-pad. So no, you would not be able to play COD4 or any fps with it.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']What was wrong with the d-pad? I used to have the Hori EX2 stick (SCIV version), but got tired of having to play on a table or stand and the constant clicking of the cheap joystick was very annoying. I guess I just prefer kicking back on the couch with a controller that isn't constantly yappin' at me.[/quote]
I doubt I'll keep the EX2 very long, as the clicky joystick is quite annoying to me as well. However, as for the fightpad - the dpad felt more like an analog stick than a digital pad. There was a lot of movement, and it seemed to rotate around the center just like the 360's pad does. I was hoping for something closer to the SNES dpad, and was sorely disappointed.

Hopefully the Fightstick will be better.

[quote name='James1221']anyone have a clue at which is the most sought after character controller or what will be the hardest to find?[/quote]

Akuma and Akuma.:cool:

[quote name='Chatomairi']A question for everyone who picked up the fightpad. This controller comes with a turbo button, will this turbo button work on COD4 as a rapid fire button?[/QUOTE]

No cheater. And like the guy said above, there's no point since it only has the one Dpad.

[quote name='James1221']http://www.buy.com/prod/osf-iv-fightpad-x360-chun-li/q/loc/108/210674149.html
chunli
http://www.buy.com/prod/osf-iv-fightpad-x360-blanka/q/loc/108/210674152.html
blanka
http://www.buy.com/prod/osf-iv-fightpad-x360-ken/q/loc/108/210674148.html
ken
http://www.buy.com/prod/osf-iv-fightpad-x360-akuma/q/loc/108/210674150.html
akuma
http://www.buy.com/prod/osf-iv-fightpad-x360-ryu/q/loc/108/210674147.html
ryu[/quote]
cagus.smile.gif
Thanks for the links yo.

Called my BB, was told that it's online only and they won't have any in-store at all. o_O Missed the last 360 pad at an EB by about 5 minutes.

[quote name='thejokell']I doubt I'll keep the EX2 very long, as the clicky joystick is quite annoying to me as well. However, as for the fightpad - the dpad felt more like an analog stick than a digital pad. There was a lot of movement, and it seemed to rotate around the center just like the 360's pad does. I was hoping for something closer to the SNES dpad, and was sorely disappointed.

Hopefully the Fightstick will be better.[/quote]

Prepare to be disappointed - the Fightstick is 'clicky' as well - they use microswitches, so they will have that sound.

I picked up Ken and Blanka from Huntington, left a Chun-Li. There's also a Blanka in Levittown. Used the coupon, but she has to apply manually as mentioned before.

Can this pad play other 360 games as well like Left 4 Dead? I only have one pad now and would like to buy another one, but hope it plays more than just 2D fighter.

[quote name='miriamleo']Can this pad play other 360 games as well like Left 4 Dead? I only have one pad now and would like to buy another one, but hope it plays more than just 2D fighter.[/QUOTE]

You can play other games with it, but of course you cannot play games that require the use of both analog sticks or one analog stick and the d-pad. The d-pad on the Fightpad can be switched to either of the analog sticks, but of course you are outta luck if the game requires 2 of the 3 controls.

After about a week of play everyday (1-2 hours a day) the d-pad doesn't recognize actions about 20-30% of the time when doing moves involving diagonals. In the clutch, it gets much worse I'm afraid.

[quote name='miriamleo']Can this pad play other 360 games as well like Left 4 Dead? I only have one pad now and would like to buy another one, but hope it plays more than just 2D fighter.[/quote]

[quote name='bigmac8855601']I guess it could if you wanna play L4D with 1 d-pad serving as the left analog stick but it only comes with just that 1 d-pad. So no, you would not be able to play L4D or any fps with it.[/quote]

[quote name='KingBroly']After about a week of play everyday (1-2 hours a day) the d-pad doesn't recognize actions about 20-30% of the time when doing moves involving diagonals. In the clutch, it gets much worse I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

I've been using mine a lot and have no problems at all. I probably put in 10-15 hours of play over the weekend and it's performing great. Sorry you got a bad one.

[quote name='KingBroly']After about a week of play everyday (1-2 hours a day) the d-pad doesn't recognize actions about 20-30% of the time when doing moves involving diagonals. In the clutch, it gets much worse I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

That sucks.

Put in about 10-15 hrs as well no problem.

Returned the fight stick though. The square box that the stick sat in bothered me. Despite not playing with a stick...ever...I was able to pull off every single move whenever I wanted except quarter-circle motions ie. Dragon punches after just 3 hours of practice. I for the life of me, could not pull them off consistently. I feel like a fully round 360 box would've helped me out with that. Sad. If I can get a fight stick in the future for ~$40 I'll consider rebuying one.

Hey everyone, I just got back from buying the Ryu FightPad for the PS3. I don't like it at all. Anyways, I tried it for seriously 20 minutes and yeah. Anyways, as you can see from the receipt, I bought it today. I'm losing $15+ on it (after shipping) [I paid $44]. I still have the original packaging (I just cut around it). If interested PM me, thanks.

Ryu01.jpg

Ryu02.jpg

[quote name='KingBroly']After about a week of play everyday (1-2 hours a day) the d-pad doesn't recognize actions about 20-30% of the time when doing moves involving diagonals. In the clutch, it gets much worse I'm afraid.[/quote]

you guys got screwd, best go get yourself a stick

[quote name='CaoPi']you guys got screwd, best go get yourself a stick[/QUOTE]

I heard the 80 dollar stick does the 'ol clickity-click like the EX2 stick. I'll pass on that. That constant noise drove me crazy. I'll stick with 2 fightpads for 70 dollars instead.

I decided to put my blanka 360 fightpad on ebay and save up for either the TE fightstick or the Hori Real Arcade Pro EX. I like the pad, but I see myself playing so much better with a stick.

I'm not going to link my auction in this thread but if you want to find it my ebay seller ID is jeffsiler.

Etheidon

[quote name='etheidon']I decided to put my blanka 360 fightpad on ebay and save up for either the TE fightstick or the Hori Real Arcade Pro EX. I like the pad, but I see myself playing so much better with a stick.

I'm not going to link my auction in this thread but if you want to find it my ebay seller ID is jeffsiler.

Etheidon[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're gonna have to lower your price on your used/opened Blanka pad. There are 4 other Blanka Fightpads brand new with no bids and listed for less than your used pad. 54 bucks used?

Do your research before buying either stick. Cherry stick, square die. I expected a bat along with an octagon. If you want the TE stick, probably a better bet to look elsewhere for actual quality.

Further checking at EBs revealed multiple PS3 pads available, only the 360 unavailable B+M.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I heard the 80 dollar stick does the 'ol clickity-click like the EX2 stick. I'll pass on that. That constant noise drove me crazy. I'll stick with 2 fightpads for 70 dollars instead.[/quote]

All horis make the clicks sound

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Hey everyone, I just got back from buying the Ryu FightPad for the PS3.

Ryu01.jpg

Ryu02.jpg
[/quote]

Whether you like it or not, I do. It's still the sexiest fightpad evar. And you got wireless which I don't.

did anyone pre-order the TE and get this email also it says that

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The item listed below is still not available to be shipped and remains on backorder. We are unable to identify the exact shipping date at this time. If this order remains unavailable for shipment in 5 days, it will be canceled."

The it goes and says to call them to extend the days to wait for it or find it in store. This is my first time pre-ordering from BB and so far i don't think i will ever again. Did anyones' pre-order ship yet?
[/FONT]

[quote name='Horo']did anyone pre-order the TE and get this email also it says that

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The item listed below is still not available to be shipped and remains on backorder. We are unable to identify the exact shipping date at this time. If this order remains unavailable for shipment in 5 days, it will be canceled."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The it goes and says to call them to extend the days to wait for it or find it in store. This is my first time pre-ordering from BB and so far i don't think i will ever again. Did anyones' pre-order ship yet?[/FONT]
[/quote]

I recieved a somewhat different e-mail; told me that it there was a problem with the manufacturer meeting demand, but they would ship ASAP. They also gave me a $20 e-certificate to pacify me...

bread's done
Back