Bestbuys craptastic clearance sale $15.99-$23.99 wonderful 101 wii-u, gta iv complete edition $7 with gcu coupon

YBX87

Banned
delete if repost

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary $15.99

Crysis 3 xbox 360 $15.99   

Crysis 3 ps3 $15.99

Dead or Alive 5 $7.99 ps3

Dead Island Riptide: Special Edition $15.99 xbox/ps3

Star Trek $15.99 xbox/ps3

Defiance $15.99 xbox /ps3

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition $23.99 ps3/xbox ( $7 with gamers coupon + gcu) credit to the user psihog for finding the price drop

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition

Mass Effect 3 $15.99 ps3/ xbox 360

God of War III Greatest Hits $15.99 ps3

DmC Devil May Cry $23.99 xbox / ps3

Mass Effect Trilogy  $31.99 xbox / ps3

Assassin's Creed III  $23.99 xbox / ps3

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance $23.99

Sniper Elite V2 $15.99 ps3/ xbox 360

FUSE  $23.99 xbox / ps3

FIFA Soccer 13 $23.99 xbox / ps3

Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy $23.99 ps3

God of War Saga $31.99  

Journey: Collector's Edition $23.99

Remember Me  $31.99 xbox / ps3

inFamous Collection$23.99  

Metro: Last Light ps3  $31.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us  ps3/xbox 360  $31.99

Sony - Ultimate Combo Pack: Twisted Metal & DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller $44.99

Dynasty Warriors 8 ps3/xbox $47.99 (bestbuy troll job of the new year, i paid less than $8 last time with gamers coupon )

Microsoft - Xbox 360 Console Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle $339.99

Sony Computer Entertainment LLC - PlayStation 3 (320GB) Uncharted 3 Bundle $279.99

Sony - PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment for PlayStation 3 $2.99

Sony - 2-Slot Charging Cradle $13.99

Sony - Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Bundle for PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi $189.99

Sony Computer Entertainment America - USB Cable for PlayStation Vita $10.99

The Wonderful 101 $23.99 ( with gcu $20)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition $19.99

Game Party Champions $11.99

Tank Tank Tank $15.99 ( most active cag members/lurkers should be familiar with this game, LOL)

Family Party: 30 Great Games — Obstacle Arcade $15.99

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures $19.99 xbox /ps3

Last edited by a moderator:
W101 rang up as $29.99 in-store. GCU brought it down to $24 though.

Also, the BB website said the particular store had none instock but actually had one left.

[quote name="Blaster man" post="11451622" timestamp="1389966399"]The Wii U is toast. Wait for the games to all be $10 later this year. Yes, the predictions are coming true. Do you want to be the guy coming back here saying, "Oh man I bought that game for $25 and it's still sealed on my shelf!" when it's $10 later this year? Yeah, me neither.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-17/nintendo-forecasts-net-loss-on-stagnating-sales-of-wii-u-games.html[/quote]

No way that is happening. :lol:

In a year that includes Donkey Kong, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and potentially Zelda U there is no way the Wii U dies in 2014.

W101 rang up as $29.99 in-store. GCU brought it down to $24 though.

Also, the BB website said the particular store had none instock but actually had one left.
Did you buy it after this sale went live? Because if so, somebody screwed up. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Best Buy pretty much had to match their own website unless a sale specifically says otherwise. Either way you should be able to go back to customer service and get a price match if that $4 or $5 bucks is worth it to you.

No way that is happening. :lol: In a year that includes Donkey Kong, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and potentially Zelda U there is no way the Wii U dies in 2014.

Do you really think yet another overpriced 2D platformer is going to significantly move the system? I mean I'm sure it'll push a few on the fence but I'd bet the house on that game having no significant impact on moving the console, not in a world where better platformers can be found on Steam and other indie games for $10 a pop. Besides, we already got NSMBU and it's overpriced DLC.

I don't see Mario Kart 8 making much of a splash either. I want to reserve judgement until the game is out, but everything I have seen and played of it looks like little more than an HDified port of Mario Kart 7. Most of the Mario Karts have innovated in one way or another, but unless we are getting some really amazing and innovative track designs or a budget price I don't see anything that'll move the majority from the 3DS version. It's a shame too; it seems like that Gamepad could've been put to better use than creating a pseudo-handheld experience, at least for the single player modes if not multiplayer. Putting bikes back in and adding a few more meaningless characters isn't going to cut it.

I'd agree with you on SSB if the hype were better, I know I'm dying to get it but it doesn't seem to be getting nearly the press Brawl was getting.

Unless you are referencing Hyrule Warriors (which I think also looks great but is hardly "Zelda U") this is just speculation at best, unless I missed something we haven't heard a single peep on a new Zelda outside of vague rumors.

Last edited:
No way that is happening. :lol:In a year that includes Donkey Kong, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and potentially Zelda U there is no way the Wii U dies in 2014.
Exactly, the Wii U has pulled an impressive holiday season despite the doomsayers and new consoles. In fact, its already pretty much neck and neck weekly sales with the Xbox One. I've watched as the public perception has changed towards it and though Nintendo messed some things up, the Wii U isn't going anywhere.

Exactly, the Wii U has pulled an impressive holiday season despite the doomsayers and new consoles. In fact, its already pretty much neck and neck weekly sales with the Xbox One. I've watched as the public perception has changed towards it and though Nintendo messed some things up, the Wii U isn't going anywhere.
Links? Because, from what I've read, PS4 and XB1 are close to outselling WiiU (if they haven't done so already).

Given WiiU's year long head-start, that's pretty damn pathetic.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty sure The Wonderful 101 is OOP now because not even Amazon has any in stock.
I don't know if Wonderful 101 is OOP or not but this is still the time to grab it. This isn't the first place to clearance it which means it won't be the last. That also means that while sure someone could have a better price that if you keep passing there's going to come a point where you're not going to be able to find it new for cheap any longer. Personally even if it's going to be six months until I play it I'm still getting it when the price is right but to each their own.

Links? Because, from what I've read, PS4 and XB1 are close to outselling WiiU (if they haven't done so already).

well, one thing is for sure wii-u is not going to be #1 this time, but with all the money they made from the wii being the #1 spot, they will survive.

Oh they are close, but the momentum is slowing down, especially the X1. I'm on my tablet now but these are two easier links to find: http://www.vgchartz.com/, http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1u4dl5/wiiu_outsells_xbox_one_for_christmas/
I don't know about Xbox1, but don't you think some of that lost momentum is due to the fact that PS4 is still sold out pretty much everywhere? They can't sell what's not in stock, and if it's still out of stock that means people are either still buying it like crazy or Sony is taking the Nintendo approach and limiting output to create an artificial shortage. Considering how stupid limiting supply would be (since impatient gamers on the fence would just bite on XB1) I'm more inclined to think it's the former.

Last edited:

I haven't looked at any sales figures other than knowing its obviously well below where Nintendo wanted it. But I remember I was one of the idiots that bought the 3ds at launch and then watched the price drop less than a year later. I don't know how many articles and posts I read about if Nintendo had lost it, the 3ds is dead on arivial, and they will go under. Obviously the 3ds is a juggernaut now. I have since upgraded to the XL and have tons of games that i love on it. So hopefully the WII U will go the same route. Everyone said the 3ds was done and then it got game support and bam, cash cow. The WII U looks like it is on that same track, launched with a few good games, quick price cut, had a long dry spell of games and looks to have a big next year. I also bought the WII U at launch so here's hoping.

I haven't looked at any sales figures other than knowing its obviously well below where Nintendo wanted it. But I remember I was one of the idiots that bought the 3ds at launch and then watched the price drop less than a year later. I don't know how many articles and posts I read about if Nintendo had lost it, the 3ds is dead on arivial, and they will go under. Obviously the 3ds is a juggernaut now. I have since upgraded to the XL and have tons of games that i love on it. So hopefully the WII U will go the same route. Everyone said the 3ds was done and then it got game support and bam, cash cow. The WII U looks like it is on that same track, launched with a few good games, quick price cut, had a long dry spell of games and looks to have a big next year. I also bought the WII U at launch so here's hoping.
well, unless the wii-u drops it to $199.99 from the $299.99 . it is hard to see them compete with ps4, once it drop to $299.99 from $399.99

I don't know about Xbox1, but don't you think some of that lost momentum is due to the fact that PS4 is still sold out pretty much everywhere? They can't sell what's not in stock, and if it's still out of stock that means people are either still buying it like crazy or Sony is taking the Nintendo approach and limiting output to create an artificial shortage. Considering how stupid limiting supply would be (since impatient gamers on the fence would just bite on XB1) I'm more inclined to think it's the former.
Yeah, definitely. The ps4 looks to be amazing for sales, but Xbox has their supply covered. I think they'll all do well in the end, it's just interesting how now that they're all out, the Wii U has picked up a bit more. If Titanfall, infamous, and mk8 all come out in March, that will fun to watch.

OT though, seems my local best buy is sold out of 101, and now I'm getting worried about the OOP talk

What is also interesting is that Sony has reported a loss for many quarters and nobody is saying pull the plug on the ps4 because Sony is doomed.  I understand this is apples and oranges because sony has multiple product lines some performing better than others.  Nintendo has their handheld division doing fine so hopefully that is enough to float them untill they figure out how to market the WII U properly to consumers.  I actually saw a WII U commercial the other day.  Shocking.

Actually there's tons of differences.

Most importantly, Nintendo has ALWAYS dominated the handheld market. Smartphones/Tablets may put a dent in that, but they still aren't anywhere near tearing Nintendo down in that area. That alone accounts for a lot.

3DS was (and is) AMAZING. Handheld 3D is something I know I'd never seen before, and I fell in love instantly. To this day, aside from a few overpriced phones (which, AFAIK, have all failed) it's still the only handheld device to offer 3D, to say nothing of the fact that it is glasses-free. Even if the camera's suck and there's no way to watch 3D movies/tv on it, that's still pretty awesome. And while I know many gamers claim to not use it, you can't deny how awesome it was the first time you pickup up that system and saw the screen jump out of you. The first time I demoed Pilotwings Resort is still one of my fondest gaming memories and I placed my pre-order right there and then. The system was overpriced (blame the E3 crowd for that) but it always had huge potential.

What's WiiU doing new? A tablet interface..... that's not new, and frankly it's nothing the DS (or 3DS) wasn't already doing. Besides, no great game has really pushed the tablet in any imaginative way yet anyways. Hell, I've seen nothing that PS4/XB1 can't already halfway replicate with a tablet or a Vita. A pseudo-handheld system isn't what most people want from a console, otherwise just buy a 3DS or laptop. Which is why I think off TV play seems extremely overrated, is that REALLY an issue with anybody here? If you can afford a WiiU then you can probably afford an extra few hundred bucks for a 2nd TV (if you haven't bought one already). Off-TV play would've been epic in the 80's and early 90's, but now it seems useless. Aside from flipping through channels while waiting to get an online game started (which wouldn't even be an issue if the system had a decent userbase) I know I've had 0 use for it.

Yeah, Nintendo could make some masterpieces for WiiU and still turn everything around, but they've done nothing to show us they are doing that. No, party games, minigame compilations, HDified ports, and $60 2D platformers don't count. We've got 3D World (which I still think is extremely underwhelming), Pikmin 3, and a new SSB is on the way (which may very well be overshadowed by the 3DS version, I don't know), with vague promises of a JRPG that may or may not be tied to Xenoblade on the way sometime. Inferior multi-console releases aren't helping either. 3DS may not have had a ton beyond Pilotwings and Kid Icarus to show off prior to launch either, but again, there was less competition in the handheld market. More importantly, IIRC at this point in 3DS's life we had announcements for a new Paper Mario, Mario Kart 7 (which, unlike Mario Kart 8, looked new and exciting), Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf, and others. I'd think, by most standards, that trumps the lineup WiiU has announced thus far.

The longer they wait to put out the good stuff for WiiU, the more gamers will become further invested in PS4/XB1, and the harder it's going to be for Nintendo.

Last edited:
lol VGChartz.

The One sold 906K in December, WiiU did 481K, so the One almost doubled it.  The January numbers are going to be even more lopsided because the One is still in it's launch period, whereas WiiU sales will more than likely drop like a rock.

That being said, the WiiU is not going anywhere in 2014.  Nintendo isn't anywhere near a point where abandoning it is a good idea.

Actually there's tons of differences.
Tons of good points. I was not saying the consoles are identical in their functionality or demand. I was saying they are in the same boat. Both launched at a price the buyer wasnt willing to jump in at. Both were software starved and so far one has made a 180 turnaround based solely on software support. All i am saying is i hope that Nintendo will get the Software support the 3DS has for the WII U because i dont want to see a failed Nintendo console. You can argue specs but at the end of the day ps4 and xbox 1 will play same games. Same with ps3 and 360. Nintendo stands out because they offer different experiences that you cant get on the other boxes. Which is why i always looked at it as a secondary console to whatever primary you pick up. Ps4 and WII U is a great combo that i enjoy a lot right now. And as far as off tv play. I don't know if you have a wife but off tv play is huge when she wants to spend time with you but also wants to watch Vampire Diaries and you dont care much for Vampire Soap Operas so you get your cuddle time in as well as some video game playing time.

The success of the 3DS isn't because of the 3D. That is for sure. Nintendo could phase that out (like they are starting to do with the 2DS) and it would still sell well because of their library (took a year or so to get going though).

Sounds to me like you greatly overestimated Nintendo's competence in the online arena and their network. I don't know anything for certain but, given Nintendo's track record with online, it wouldn't surprise me to find that a small increase in users would bring the network down. Or maybe they simply had to take the WiiU network down cause the 3DS network was overburdened, now that you share funds and miiverse between the two systems I could see that possibly being the case (seeing as how it was all pretty much duct-taped together anyhow).

So which of these deals do you think is good? Maybe you like Star Trek for $15? Mass Effect Trilogy/God of War Saga/Injustice for $30? Assassin's Creed III and Metal Gear Rising for $24 each?
I'd think you were a newbie but I know you aren't so I can't figure out what you are getting at, the vast majority of these games have been significantly cheaper in the past (with most of those sells being ran by Best Buy itself). I mean I know I have everything I just listed above, and aside from Injustice (which I bought on launch day) I paid less than the listed prices for all of it. Hell, it wasn't even a month ago that Metal Gear Rising was on sale at Best Buy for $15. And those console bundles..... I actually got a good laugh out of the price for that Uncharted 3 bundle. I really hope nobody is falling for that.

Out of everything on this list, the only thing I could even begin to classify as good is Dead or Alive, Wonderful 101, and MAYBE Crysis 3 (although I know it was less than that like 3 or 4 months ago). Otherwise "craptastic" defines this sale perfectly.
I get GCU, reward zone points, ebates/swagbucks credit and credit card rewards.. so stuff like wonderful 101, ME trilogy, or gta4c are great buys at those prices. Craptastic is when we have msrp prices in the weekly ads.

Did you buy it after this sale went live? Because if so, somebody screwed up. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Best Buy pretty much had to match their own website unless a sale specifically says otherwise. Either way you should be able to go back to customer service and get a price match if that $4 or $5 bucks is worth it to you.

No way that is happening. :lol: In a year that includes Donkey Kong, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and potentially Zelda U there is no way the Wii U dies in 2014.

Do you really think yet another overpriced 2D platformer is going to significantly move the system? I mean I'm sure it'll push a few on the fence but I'd bet the house on that game having no significant impact on moving the console, not in a world where better platformers can be found on Steam and other indie games for $10 a pop. Besides, we already got NSMBU and it's overpriced DLC.

I don't see Mario Kart 8 making much of a splash either. I want to reserve judgement until the game is out, but everything I have seen and played of it looks like little more than an HDified port of Mario Kart 7. Most of the Mario Karts have innovated in one way or another, but unless we are getting some really amazing and innovative track designs or a budget price I don't see anything that'll move the majority from the 3DS version. It's a shame too; it seems like that Gamepad could've been put to better use than creating a pseudo-handheld experience, at least for the single player modes if not multiplayer. Putting bikes back in and adding a few more meaningless characters isn't going to cut it.

I'd agree with you on SSB if the hype were better, I know I'm dying to get it but it doesn't seem to be getting nearly the press Brawl was getting.

Unless you are referencing Hyrule Warriors (which I think also looks great but is hardly "Zelda U") this is just speculation at best, unless I missed something we haven't heard a single peep on a new Zelda outside of vague rumors.
Assuming press pushes Smash Bros.. The Wii U will be fine. Mario Kart and Smash are the big hitters, and the library now is already pretty awesome.

e.e leave it to a holiday weekend to get the console fanboys ready for textual warfare. Wonderful 101 is even cheaper now? Wii u is doomed! e.e ugh. You people give me explosive diarrhea.

The 3DS isn't selling well because of the 3D. That is for sure. Nintendo could phase that out (like they are starting to do with the 2DS) and it would still sell well because of their library (took a year or so to get going though).
I get that, but my point is the WOW factor is there. I'm sure I'm not the only one who instantly fell in love with the system after seeing that screen for the first time. And I remember the hype coming from it's E3 unveiling was insane. That's gotta count for something, or so you'd think.

What I'm trying to say is that WiiU lacks that WOW factor. I am a fan of motion controls (when done right) but that was covered with Wii, and a tablet is hardly unique. The WiiU really doesn't innovate in the same way the DS, 3DS, or Wii did in that it doesn't really do anything new. And it's not a step up technologically either, with the system just being a notch above PS3 in terms of raw power and it's inability to play movies and whatnot. It's just a current gen console married to a tablet.

And yeah, at the end of the day the library is the most important thing that matters. Nintendo hasn't inspired much confidence in me on that front either, I'm really hoping they, at the very least, pull out some great announcements this E3.

Tons of good points. I was not saying the consoles are identical in their functionality or demand. I was saying they are in the same boat. Both launched at a price the buyer wasnt willing to jump in at. Both were software starved and so far one has made a 180 turnaround based solely on software support. All i am saying is i hope that Nintendo will get the Software support the 3DS has for the WII U because i dont want to see a failed Nintendo console. You can argue specs but at the end of the day ps4 and xbox 1 will play same games. Same with ps3 and 360. Nintendo stands out because they offer different experiences that you cant get on the other boxes. Which is why i always looked at it as a secondary console to whatever primary you pick up. Ps4 and WII U is a great combo that i enjoy a lot right now. And as far as off tv play. I don't know if you have a wife but off tv play is huge when she wants to spend time with you but also wants to watch Vampire Diaries and you dont care much for Vampire Soap Operas so you get your cuddle time in as well as some video game playing time.

No I don't have a wife, but if I want to play while the TV is occupied and for whatever reason I can't simply unplug the console and go to my other TV, I whip out the 3DS.

I don't know how well that 2nd console crap is going to fly this gen. Consoles may not have launched at that insane $600 price point, but it still adds up quickly. I know I can't afford a PS4 until there's a serious sale/price cut, and even then PS+ is a sizable investment that's now mandatory. I wouldn't want to begin speculating how this will affect the market but I know that buying multiple consoles isn't something I'm going to be willing to do for much longer unless there are some drastic changes in pricing and what is required to play.

I get GCU, reward zone points, ebates/swagbucks credit and credit card rewards.. so stuff like wonderful 101, ME trilogy, or gta4c are great buys at those prices. Craptastic is when we have msrp prices in the weekly ads.
This isn't much better. Even factoring in the new GCU membership, nearly all of these games have been cheaper before and anybody who wanted the games likely got them then. I don't know why you even bothered to mention the rewardzone points or credit card points as those all applied to the cheaper prices. Unless you JUST got a PS360 this Xmas I don't see how most of this sale is benefiting anybody. And for the record, I've seen ME Trilogy at $30 multiple times now. I bought it around 9 months ago I think for that same price. I don't know if it's hit $24 or not before but waiting nearly a year to save $6 seems crazy.

Last edited:
The X360/PS3 Injustice Collector's Edition is priced at $49.99 = $39.99 with GCU discount.  Not quite the $29.99 price on the X360 version at the Microsoft Store (OOS but may be available at physical MSFT Store locations) but if you can't get a PM to that price at Best Buy...

X360 version

PS3 version

e.e leave it to a holiday weekend to get the console fanboys ready for textual warfare. Wonderful 101 is even cheaper now? Wii u is doomed! e.e ugh. You people give me explosive diarrhea.
Sorry for the Diarrhea man. I don't consider myself any kind of console fanboy since i own all of them Except xbox one. I was just saying i hope the WII U turns it around as Nintendo has turned around the 3DS.

I'm wondering if Nintendo will eventually put out a "Classic" WiiU SKU that comes with a pro controller and no gamepad for $199.99 or even $219.99.

I'm wondering if Nintendo will eventually put out a "Classic" WiiU SKU that comes with a pro controller and no gamepad for $199.99 or even $219.99.
Nope, since there are some games that require that Gamepad, like ZombiU (broken as it may be) Nintendoland and Wii Fit U. The gamepad is going nowhere, though I'd like to see them start selling the pad individually. I would be able to see more potential in the console as a local multiplayer machine if it could support 4 Gamepads at once (with games like 4 Swords that took advantage of it). Assuming WiiU can even support multiple Gamepads.

Last edited:
Nope, since there are some games that require that Gamepad, like ZombiU (broken as it may be) Nintendoland and Wii Fit U. The gamepad is going nowhere, though I'd like to see them start selling the pad individually. I would be able to see more potential in the console as a local multiplayer machine if it could support 4 Gamepads at once (with games like 4 Swords that took advantage of it). Assuming WiiU can even support multiple Gamepads.
Obviously, there would have to be a disclaimer of some sort that not all games would work, but I don't think it is completely out of the question.

Thanks guys! I purchased GTA IV The Complete Edition for less than $7 after taxes.

I was going to pull the trigger on the Mass Effect Trilogy but $25.59 seemed like too much...what are the chances that this will drop in price again before it sells out?

Obviously, there would have to be a disclaimer of some sort that not all games would work, but I don't think it is completely out of the question.
It's not just that though. I don't think Nintendo has anything really special with the WiiU now, but take out the Gamepad and you have an overpriced last gen console without the established library, pure and simple. The Gamepad is the hook (or as they call it, "the face of the system"). If you start releasing a bundle without the gamepad, aside from splitting the userbase, you will be basically admitting to the public that it was an unnecessary gimmick.

I mean hell, you can't even use Netflix or the eshop IIRC without a Gamepad. Even the home screen is focused on that mentality with all your icons on the gamepad while the upper screen is full of Miiverse posts that feel almost like some sort of subliminal advertising for newer games. Miiverse would be a massive pain without the pad. Those overpriced VC "updates" Nintendo keeps pushing would become instantly worthless. And you'd be losing your camera/mic functionality altogether.

There's no way we'll be seeing a WiiU bundle without the pad, at least not anytime even remotely soon. I don't mean to be rude, but it's the worst idea I've heard in a long time. If Nintendo didn't want to rely on a gimmick they should've released something with power and functionality comparable to the PS4/XB1. I really think they'd launch an all new system before pushing a WiiU without the gamepad.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I purchased GTA IV The Complete Edition for less than $7 after taxes.

I was going to pull the trigger on the Mass Effect Trilogy but $25.59 seemed like too much...what are the chances that this will drop in price again before it sells out?
This is just a hunch, but I have a feeling the ME Trilogy will drop to a $19.99-$24.99 sale price before too long...maybe after BioWare unveils the next ME?

Sorry for the Diarrhea man. I don't consider myself any kind of console fanboy since i own all of them Except xbox one. I was just saying i hope the WII U turns it around as Nintendo has turned around the 3DS.
its an exercise in futility to argue with someone online, especially on a topic like this. Haters gonna hate. All I care about is quality games and reliable hardware. I bought a Wii U. I've learned my lesson to never buy Sony or Microsoft products at launch. 2014 is already shaping up to be a very promising year for Nintendo. I think the 2 major issues with the Wii U's launch were a poor ad campaign and expensive ports. 2014 is a year of big, highly anticipated exclusives. All you hear is "Nintendo sales were lower than expected. Oh well. Guess they're going out of business. They should just be like Sega and make their games for other systems." e.e dude.. why doesn't anyone ever talk about how far in financial turmoil Sony and Microsoft are in? Losses in the billions. -_-

its an exercise in futility to argue with someone online, especially on a topic like this. Haters gonna hate. All I care about is quality games and reliable hardware. I bought a Wii U. I've learned my lesson to never buy Sony or Microsoft products at launch. 2014 is already shaping up to be a very promising year for Nintendo. I think the 2 major issues with the Wii U's launch were a poor ad campaign and expensive ports. 2014 is a year of big, highly anticipated exclusives. All you hear is "Nintendo sales were lower than expected. Oh well. Guess they're going out of business. They should just be like Sega and make their games for other systems." e.e dude.. why doesn't anyone ever talk about how far in financial turmoil Sony and Microsoft are in? Losses in the billions. -_-
Because the PS and Xbox brands are profitable? I really don't care to read how Sony's newest camera or TV or the newest iteration of the Windows Phone or w/e undersold, especially on a gaming site.

Last edited:
Oh they are close, but the momentum is slowing down, especially the X1. I'm on my tablet now but these are two easier links to find: http://www.vgchartz.com/, http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1u4dl5/wiiu_outsells_xbox_one_for_christmas/
I would suggest you review today's news from any source you would like. The Wii U did very poorly. Nintendo has lowered it's sales estimates and Iwata has indicated they are looking at "new business models". You're crazy if you think that the Wii U is suddenly turning the corner because of VG Chartz. You need to look at the real figures, like these put out by Nintendo to their investors.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/140117e.pdf

That's right, they're earning half a billion dollars revenue less than expected and are now expecting an annual loss. They've lowered they're sales figures for Wii U from 9 million to 2.8 million and they've lowered 3DS sales by 4.5 million. Nintendo is not doing well just because you're willing it so.

What this really means is that unless you plan on playing these Wii U games very soon, you're better off holding for $10. Wii U game sales have been miserable, most games have not sold more than 200k copies. Almost every game on Wii U is selling in such small quantities that the sales do not cover development costs.

Because the PS and Xbox brands are profitable? I really don't care to read how Sony's newest camera or TV or the newest iteration of the Windows Phone or w/e undersold, especially on a gaming site.
I'm not talking about cyber shots and bravios. I'm talking about multi-billion dollar losses in relation to consoles. They buried themselves deeper with PS3 at launch since they sold them at a huge loss.

Hmm...Lego City on sale for $40. I loaned out my copy to a new Wii U owner/Lego nut, and I'm thinking of her just buying her a copy of her own...hmm...

MS? Financial Turmoil?
They actually are and are there's strong talk in this neck of the woods (metro Detroit) that they're trying to hire away the CEO of Ford to head the company because of the job he did in turning around Ford. MS isn't hemorrhaging money or about to collapse or anything but the word is that they do have real issues and are trying to head them off before something happens to them like it did Sony.

Hmm...Lego City on sale for $40. I loaned out my copy to a new Wii U owner/Lego nut, and I'm thinking of her just buying her a copy of her own...hmm...
If you can be patient, you can find it for cheaper. I got it off of Gamefly for $20 something a few months back. (Thankfully it came in perfect shape.)

They actually are and are there's strong talk in this neck of the woods (metro Detroit) that they're trying to hire away the CEO of Ford to head the company because of the job he did in turning around Ford. MS isn't hemorrhaging money or about to collapse or anything but the word is that they do have real issues and are trying to head them off before something happens to them like it did Sony.
Actually, you have no evidence of that because the "Xbox division" is actually part of the same division that puts out the surface tablets and other MS failed hardware. They don't breakdown the Xbox profits/losses from that division.

MS as a whole is actually generating massive profits and has about 6 times Nintendo's entire company value in just cash sitting on the sidelines. When you look at Apple (who I think should buy Nintendo) they have cash equal to 15 times Nintendo's value. That's straight cash, no need for a merger or stock swap or anything. Nintendo is small compared to Microsoft.

bread's done
Back